• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

Bavor #301 Posted May 31 2019 - 18:30

Major

• Players
  • 33423 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostMonarchco, on May 23 2019 - 07:46, said:

WG has given weak consoles features that PC has been asking for for a long time, like weather, night fights, etc. It also looks better at this point.

If you think the console version of WoT looks better than the PC version you must play PC WoT on a 7 year old potato PC.  I play both PC and Console WoT and my PS4 Pro can't match the graphics quality of my PC.  The extra effects on the PC(explosions, fires, ammo cookoff, dust blowing around, etc...)  are more detailed and higher quality than on console.  The small details of the tank models look better on PC.  The tank models are more detailed on PC.  The destruction of objects looks better on PC.

The PS4 Pro and XBOX have processors that are the equivalent of an AMD FX processor from 2012 that are underclocked and their graphics part of the processors are the equivalent of a RX 470 or RX 480.  Sure there are optimizations because the hardware is tightly controlled.  However I've seen nothing to indicate the graphics quality on the PS4 Pro or XBOX One X is anywhere near the quality of the of WoT on PC.

FORESTGOMA #302 Posted May 31 2019 - 21:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 39976 battles
  • [OPIA] OPIA
GIVE US THE RANKED BATTLES BACKKK TO THE SERVERR WE NEED RANKED BATTLES ON AMERICAAA NOWWWWW

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #303 Posted Jun 01 2019 - 07:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3924 battles

View Post60_percnt_wrks_everytime, on May 31 2019 - 13:00, said:

If you are correct, they shouldn't have posted the promise, lying only makes it worse. I can't disagree with you because it has now been two weeks since the post and nothing but silence.

its their job to post things like that............. its literally part of it. have you not called when they were hiring and asked what your duties are? they are also REQUIRED to play the game x games  a week. mandatory. they must be forced to play their own game. etc etc etc

and to the guy above whining about the type59... he must not have gotten the memo they literally gave hundreds if not thousands of type59s at their events over the years to total random strangers and scrubs. many went on ebay but most are owned by 20 game 30% accounts that somebody entered teh code he got off the card for just showing up at a random location wg happened to be holding a "player event"

(usually in seattle)

Edited by jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1, Jun 01 2019 - 07:46.

Monarchco #304 Posted Jun 03 2019 - 03:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13090 battles

View PostBavor, on May 31 2019 - 10:30, said:

If you think the console version of WoT looks better than the PC version you must play PC WoT on a 7 year old potato PC.  I play both PC and Console WoT and my PS4 Pro can't match the graphics quality of my PC.  The extra effects on the PC(explosions, fires, ammo cookoff, dust blowing around, etc...)  are more detailed and higher quality than on console.  The small details of the tank models look better on PC.  The tank models are more detailed on PC.  The destruction of objects looks better on PC.

The PS4 Pro and XBOX have processors that are the equivalent of an AMD FX processor from 2012 that are underclocked and their graphics part of the processors are the equivalent of a RX 470 or RX 480.  Sure there are optimizations because the hardware is tightly controlled.  However I've seen nothing to indicate the graphics quality on the PS4 Pro or XBOX One X is anywhere near the quality of the of WoT on PC.

Spoiler

Does console have features that PC has asked for, for years, or does it not?

FYI, WoT right now looks worse than what WT looked like in 2013 - 6 years ago when GF beta started. And they've not been sitting around idle. They've had physically based rendering for 4 years. They've had global illumination since before WoT even had 1.0, and 1.0 didn't add global illumination to WoT. They also shadow effects, so shadows will impact the visuals of effects such as explosions, unlike WoT 1.0

And btw WT has had rain, and night fights for a long time as well.

WoT is a bad looking game compared to anything else on the market. 1.0 isn't anywhere near the visual fidelity of for example Warframe on it's launch, and that little dev studio is currently overhauling Warframe's graphics in between their massive expansions.

I frankly do not care what the power of a console is(btw you're very wrong, even an RX480 is significantly more powerful than a console card), because the whole point is that its significantly underpowered hardware and yet has more features that PC has asked for, for many years, than PC does. 

I don't play this game for the graphics. I don't play this game for the gameplay. I play it for the competition. Which WG just ripped out from under the NA server. Next up RU and EU will get the next clan wars campaign, and on NA they'll go, "Oh we have too many events planned so we're canceling Clan Wars Campaign for the NA server, we'll be sure to find a way for people to obtain these rewards in an alternative" And then they'll be selling a 907 for 60k gold in the next Black Market thats NA only.

Edited by Monarchco, Jun 03 2019 - 03:47.

60_percnt_wrks_everytime #305 Posted Jun 03 2019 - 15:16

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11652 battles

View PostMonarchco, on Jun 03 2019 - 03:47, said:

Spoiler

Does console have features that PC has asked for, for years, or does it not?

FYI, WoT right now looks worse than what WT looked like in 2013 - 6 years ago when GF beta started. And they've not been sitting around idle. They've had physically based rendering for 4 years. They've had global illumination since before WoT even had 1.0, and 1.0 didn't add global illumination to WoT. They also shadow effects, so shadows will impact the visuals of effects such as explosions, unlike WoT 1.0

And btw WT has had rain, and night fights for a long time as well.

WoT is a bad looking game compared to anything else on the market. 1.0 isn't anywhere near the visual fidelity of for example Warframe on it's launch, and that little dev studio is currently overhauling Warframe's graphics in between their massive expansions.

I frankly do not care what the power of a console is(btw you're very wrong, even an RX480 is significantly more powerful than a console card), because the whole point is that its significantly underpowered hardware and yet has more features that PC has asked for, for many years, than PC does. 

I don't play this game for the graphics. I don't play this game for the gameplay. I play it for the competition. Which WG just ripped out from under the NA server. Next up RU and EU will get the next clan wars campaign, and on NA they'll go, "Oh we have too many events planned so we're canceling Clan Wars Campaign for the NA server, we'll be sure to find a way for people to obtain these rewards in an alternative" And then they'll be selling a 907 for 60k gold in the next Black Market thats NA only.

I wish I could laugh about this, for some reason though I find being screwed as a long time paying contributor to this game an experience which i don't choose to repeat. It's been over two weeks now since we have been told an alternative would be presented to us, we have heard nothing. The RU servers have already been notified on the July Campaign, again we have been told nothing. As you point out though, absolutely no delay in the Black market information, that was right on time!

BlackAngelCom #306 Posted Jun 06 2019 - 12:55

Captain

• Players
  • 8901 battles
Still zero information on what NA is getting instead...

cloudwalkr #307 Posted Jun 06 2019 - 18:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55955 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
Does WG even look at the treads they start after the first 5min?

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #308 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 03:35

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3924 battles

View Postcloudwalkr, on Jun 06 2019 - 18:09, said:

what can they do? ive already explained nothing will happen until minsk says so. they might roll this event into the next campaign if i had to guess.

60_percnt_wrks_everytime #309 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 15:10

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11652 battles

View Postjsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1, on Jun 07 2019 - 03:35, said:

what can they do? ive already explained nothing will happen until minsk says so. they might roll this event into the next campaign if i had to guess.

What can they do? How about the simple courtesy of an update, even if it's nothing more than an acknowledgement. It's been 3 weeks since the original post and nothing! As for the campaign, how do we even know we are getting one? RU had it announced for early July, we have had no word at all.

LpBronco #310 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 21:12

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42865 battles
  • [TG] TG
Don't miss ranked battles and don't care and have no idea why I'm getting notifications from this thread, goodbye.

Mondochiwan #311 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 21:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13757 battles
  • [BOER] BOER

Krzyboop saying "This isn't a promise" to that server transfer request is probably the most offensive thing a community contributor has ever done here on WoT.

Krzy have you even had a look at the "NA Central Server Merge" thread that's been going for 2 years? I know it was your predecessor community reps back then but there were multiple "promises" that something would be done, then the Aussies got sorted out and the rest of us got f...ked.

The gameplay experience viz. lag from South Africa since the removal of NA East server has been atrocious. On the EU server I get half the ping time compared to NA Central.

And before you go and say "You are free to create an EU account"...I have 100 premium tanks. So no thanks.

DrWho_ #312 Posted Jun 09 2019 - 22:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 20986 battles

View Postcloudwalkr, on Jun 06 2019 - 18:09, said:

Rhetorical question ?

Perhaps if you ask on Reddit or Discord you may get an update, it's apparently important to them to be accessible across as many platforms as possible ......

60_percnt_wrks_everytime #313 Posted Jun 10 2019 - 13:14

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11652 battles

View PostDrWho_, on Jun 09 2019 - 22:59, said:

Rhetorical question ?

Perhaps if you ask on Reddit or Discord you may get an update, it's apparently important to them to be INaccessible across as many platforms as possible ......

^^

FORESTGOMA #314 Posted Jun 11 2019 - 16:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 39976 battles
  • [OPIA] OPIA
I NEED MY 3 K BONDS FROM RANKED BATTLES !!!!!! GIVE US OUR RANKED BATTLES NOWWWW I DONT CARE ABOUT MM ON RANKEDSSS SENDD IT ANY WAYYY

HEI_Gunman #315 Posted Jun 11 2019 - 17:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18864 battles
Don't you worry Forestgoma! WGing has been working OVERTIME on this problem since May 17th! THEY ARE WORKING OVERTIME ON THIS PROBLEM PEOPLE! OVERTIME I SAY!

I know this because they created this thread on May 17th to tell us they are working OVERTIME on this.

WGing either has a very large overtime budget or a very small overtime budget because I haven't seen any results of all this OVERTIME they are putting into this issue. 

:)

WGing you really got us with this OVERTIME joke. GOOD ONE!

Edited by Gunman__, Jun 11 2019 - 17:38.

Nonamanadus #316 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 05:18

Major

• Players
  • 31168 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

Ranked Battles was too much of a grind and I think a higher percentage of the NA playerbase is more into casual play than a serious approach.

Now for migrating to the EU server, it probably be best for Wargaming to add the option for premium account holders and limit the number of games per month allowed on the EU server. Then after a year they could calculate the number who take advantage of a account transfer. Personally I found the ping too high and the play felt too simular to warrent the headach of lag. 

BlackAngelCom #317 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 13:39

Captain

• Players
  • 8901 battles

View PostGunman__, on Jun 11 2019 - 17:37, said:

Don't you worry Forestgoma! WGing has been working OVERTIME on this problem since May 17th! THEY ARE WORKING OVERTIME ON THIS PROBLEM PEOPLE! OVERTIME I SAY!

I know this because they created this thread on May 17th to tell us they are working OVERTIME on this.

WGing either has a very large overtime budget or a very small overtime budget because I haven't seen any results of all this OVERTIME they are putting into this issue. 

:)

WGing you really got us with this OVERTIME joke. GOOD ONE!

Russian saying is 'We pretend to work and they pretend to pay us." Hmmm...

60_percnt_wrks_everytime #318 Posted Yesterday, 12:52 PM

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11652 battles
A month now without any update at all. I wonder what the next unpleasant decision is: We are sorry to inform the NA server community that the July Campaign has been cancelled for you. However, the great news is the July Scavenger Hunt is still on and with even more codes!

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users