Ranked Battle Cancellation Q&A

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #281 Posted May 23 2019 - 03:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3929 battles

View PostIronoreLL, on May 23 2019 - 02:43, said:

There is a very real reason why the NA server pop is suffering, it is that Wargaming introduced a competing product to the same market.

The console population is nearly the same size as the PC population in NA.

Over the years of me playing, I introduced both of my brothers to World Of Tanks on PC.  They no longer play on PC, but play on console.  This means that there is a detriment to both populations, for a small or negligible market share gain in NA on console.

I am sure this is going to get looked over completely, but it is a story that has told itself over and over again in the tech industry.  We can wax poetic about this that or another change to the game being the driver of the low population, but it could reasonably be double what it is now if there was not a competing population of nearly the same game with some tweaks.

as for citations of data.

http://wot-news.com/stat/server/us/norm/en

Xbox One WoT goes Live 28 JUL 2015

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/news/wot-xbox-one-now-live

https://mcvuk.com/world-of-tanks-on-console-has-reached-14m-players/

Basically wargaming shot itself in the foot in NA and Asian servers by licensing this, as consoles are more prevalent.

thats false. thats the same logic people used when west server came. in reality there is very little if any overlap.

i know of at at least 10 people off immediate memory who came to PC after the console as they wanted more of an experience. you are trying to pass your case as gospel when it isnt so

Rimrender #282 Posted May 23 2019 - 05:17

Captain

• Players
  • 8013 battles
  • [SCARY] SCARY
And I know at least 8 people who left PC for console. It is a valid argument. A lot of people just want to blow stuff up and deal with a simpler game.  

sid_vici0us #283 Posted May 23 2019 - 09:40

Private

• Players
  • 18258 battles

So, any updates on what we may be getting to replace ranked?

I'll even accept wild guesses at this point.

TheManFromKekistan #284 Posted May 23 2019 - 12:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

View PostAshock, on May 17 2019 - 11:43, said:

I'd be all for that, but I have a feeling that the ping is going to make it a less than pleasant experience.

Depends on where you live. If you are east coast or even central us then the ping will be no worse than the west coast connecting to the old east coast server. I regularly play on the ru servers and typically get a ping in the 120~150 range and that is perfectly playable. Fast lights and wheelies can be a bit finicky to drive but nothing that makes them a liability.

Monarchco #285 Posted May 23 2019 - 13:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13112 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostIronoreLL, on May 22 2019 - 18:43, said:

There is a very real reason why the NA server pop is suffering, it is that Wargaming introduced a competing product to the same market.

The console population is nearly the same size as the PC population in NA.

Over the years of me playing, I introduced both of my brothers to World Of Tanks on PC.  They no longer play on PC, but play on console.  This means that there is a detriment to both populations, for a small or negligible market share gain in NA on console.

I am sure this is going to get looked over completely, but it is a story that has told itself over and over again in the tech industry.  We can wax poetic about this that or another change to the game being the driver of the low population, but it could reasonably be double what it is now if there was not a competing population of nearly the same game with some tweaks.

as for citations of data.

http://wot-news.com/stat/server/us/norm/en

Xbox One WoT goes Live 28 JUL 2015

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/news/wot-xbox-one-now-live

https://mcvuk.com/world-of-tanks-on-console-has-reached-14m-players/

Basically wargaming shot itself in the foot in NA and Asian servers by licensing this, as consoles are more prevalent.

WG has given weak consoles features that PC has been asking for for a long time, like weather, night fights, etc. It also looks better at this point.

There's absolutely no reason they couldn't have done what their main rival did(who btw isn't losing population like WoT is on every region. That rival dipped back in 2016 and has been rising back up in population since then), where its completely cross play between PC and Console. Maybe not the most fair thing, since that game uses actual vision instead of spotting mechanics. 

Monarchco #286 Posted May 23 2019 - 13:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13112 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View Postsid_vici0us, on May 23 2019 - 01:40, said:

So, any updates on what we may be getting to replace ranked?

I'll even accept wild guesses at this point.

Easy to predict.

It's going to be some random battles "event" where you have to grind for several hundred hours in random battles to get the tank. There will be no skill involved, just time commitment.

IronoreLL #287 Posted May 23 2019 - 16:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43307 battles

View PostMonarchco, on May 23 2019 - 12:46, said:

WG has given weak consoles features that PC has been asking for for a long time, like weather, night fights, etc. It also looks better at this point.

There's absolutely no reason they couldn't have done what their main rival did(who btw isn't losing population like WoT is on every region. That rival dipped back in 2016 and has been rising back up in population since then), where its completely cross play between PC and Console. Maybe not the most fair thing, since that game uses actual vision instead of spotting mechanics. 

Most of that is because the console version is run by a different developer, Wargaming West.  Basically they were licensed by Wargaming to publish it for consoles, so they are free to move at what ever pace they like with updates/visuals.  It is kind of sad actually.

Monarchco #288 Posted May 23 2019 - 16:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13112 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostIronoreLL, on May 23 2019 - 08:11, said:

Most of that is because the console version is run by a different developer, Wargaming West.  Basically they were licensed by Wargaming to publish it for consoles, so they are free to move at what ever pace they like with updates/visuals.  It is kind of sad actually.

Still doesn't change that console is getting better visuals than PC, while its quite the opposite in literally any other title.

WhineMaker #289 Posted May 23 2019 - 16:15

Major

• Players
  • 37248 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostMonarchco, on May 23 2019 - 04:47, said:

Easy to predict.

It's going to be some random battles "event" where you have to grind for several hundred hours in random battles to get the tank. There will be no skill involved, just time commitment.

If so, even you have a shot at getting the tank... ;)

Congratz!!!

texmexx #290 Posted May 23 2019 - 17:53

Private

• -Players-
  • 5312 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY

View PostWhineMaker, on May 23 2019 - 16:15, said:

If so, even you have a shot at getting the tank... ;)

Congratz!!!

yikes coming from an arty player..

__Worm__ #291 Posted May 24 2019 - 00:43

Major

• Players
  • 34313 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

View PostShadowPatriot, on May 21 2019 - 14:55, said:

was not cube part of the mahou/otter alliance ?  I can see why your kissing their butts 

View PostShadowPatriot, on May 21 2019 - 14:58, said:

https://na.wargaming...nu#leaderboards

number 16, yep clan wars is fair look at how many clans (top clans) were in the mahou/otter alliance. 

Ranked Battles Gone  blame these top clans. 

oh wow up to 16, not bad for our starting comeback after being away awhile.

we sure didn't win any battles or anything nope it was all smoke and mirrors.

no butt kissing just good ole teamwork.

you need a break BeBe / your anger is not forthcoming.

P0WERWAG0N #292 Posted May 24 2019 - 19:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47000 battles
  • [M0B] M0B
How about make a global server for ranked. Place it in EU. When. NA player selects ranked, we automatically go to EU for ranked. Keep pubs and clan in NA.

__Happy #293 Posted May 24 2019 - 20:42

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12012 battles
  • [IXGD] IXGD

View PostP0WERWAG0N, on May 24 2019 - 19:59, said:

How about make a global server for ranked. Place it in EU. When. NA player selects ranked, we automatically go to EU for ranked. Keep pubs and clan in NA.

That's a good idea, also can use the SA server, since it has no other purpose. But thats for the future, any word on what WG NA has for us instead of Ranked which EU / RU servers have now been enjoying all week? Hint ***** stalling *****

KoffinSpike #294 Posted May 26 2019 - 19:47

Private

• -Players-
  • 4392 battles
  • [SUHSA] SUHSA

This wont be any kinds of constructive. We know that not only is the game Biased to Russian tanks. It is also biased towards the EU servers. None of the reasons they gave makes any logical reason, NA is dying off because of afore mentioned bias that is in the game. 

All things being equal, the same stuffs they run on a EU server can be copy pasted to NA server. To say it can not be is just a flat out lie.

Elbroth #295 Posted May 26 2019 - 19:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33714 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ

OH OH I KNOW!!!!

Because the other groups are able to use Cheat mods and we are not..

AS a result this has made an unfair playing field no balance in the groups.

So yups there is your answer.

Go figure why the EU and RU sides have 100K players playing and we have 18k at tops on a good day

__Happy #296 Posted May 28 2019 - 12:52

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12012 battles
  • [IXGD] IXGD
I think the reason gaming companies are able to screw over their player bases over and over is because gamers have the attention span of a gnat, that might be insulting to gnats actually. It's been well over a week since we were promised "an alternative for NA players to earn those rewards". How's that coming I wonder?

Edited by 60_percnt_wrks_everytime, May 28 2019 - 12:53.

FatFreddiesCat #297 Posted May 30 2019 - 20:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40648 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

Or alternatively releasing a shiny gold T59 - that should deflect some attention span. Gold Type 59 = Jumped the shark.

BTW, really enjoying Ranked on the EU server. Wish I was able to enjoy it in a time zone that does not shut me down at 8pm and with my own server brethren.

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #298 Posted May 31 2019 - 05:44

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3929 battles

View Post60_percnt_wrks_everytime, on May 28 2019 - 12:52, said:

I think the reason gaming companies are able to screw over their player bases over and over is because gamers have the attention span of a gnat, that might be insulting to gnats actually. It's been well over a week since we were promised "an alternative for NA players to earn those rewards". How's that coming I wonder?

who promised that? some random NA employee? ok... 

sure. cause they make those decisions and create the content. your fault for not knowing still how this company operates. minks might eventually come up with something, when and what and if, nobody but minsk knows

__Happy #299 Posted May 31 2019 - 13:00

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12012 battles
  • [IXGD] IXGD

View Postjsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1, on May 31 2019 - 05:44, said:

who promised that? some random NA employee? ok... 

sure. cause they make those decisions and create the content. your fault for not knowing still how this company operates. minks might eventually come up with something, when and what and if, nobody but minsk knows

If you are correct, they shouldn't have posted the promise, lying only makes it worse. I can't disagree with you because it has now been two weeks since the post and nothing but silence.

Bavor #300 Posted May 31 2019 - 16:59

Major

• Players
  • 33862 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostJakeTheMystic, on May 20 2019 - 20:12, said:

Tier 8 is only the most played because of all the premiums at tier 8 (making it the most efficient to earn credits). 

Ranked battles isn't to earn credits, you are supposed to fire premium and do the best of your abilities to get top XP on your team (basically the complete opposite of frontline which is only meant to earn rank with no incentive to win.)

It really doesn't matter why tier 8 is the most played tier.  Its obvious that many more players own tier 8 tanks and play them more often.  So if Wargaming is worried about low server population being an issue for ranked battles, tier 8 is a solution.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users