Ranked Battle Cancellation Q&A

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

NARWL_Legend_Pounced #61 Posted May 17 2019 - 21:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27366 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
Unfortunate news, was looking forward to the new ranked system and rewards that came with it. Like others have said please don't make the alternative activities to receive the ranked rewards a total grind fest.

gpc_4 #62 Posted May 17 2019 - 21:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 42385 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Wasn't looking forward to Ranked but would have made an effort if the rewards were interesting. If we get an opportunity for the same stuff available on EU/RU then I'm fine with that. Overall...doesn't bode well for the NA server which is rather depressing.

crasta #63 Posted May 17 2019 - 21:36

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7204 battles

View Postbilzbobaggins, on May 17 2019 - 20:39, said:

Unfortunate to say the least.  With that said, I wonder what the alternate way to earn bonds might be.

I am sure it will be something imaginative and well thought out. :ohmy:

I wonder when they realised that their changes for ranked battles would not fly on the NA server. I don't own a tier 10 so I don't have a dog in this race but it seems like a massive oversight. I would think there are a lot of people in WOT D&D squirming over this. 

On the brighter said I don't see how it spells doom and gloom for the NA server. Everybody knows the user base is smaller here. This announcement does not change that one iota.   Its the same today as it was yesterday. That is what makes this mess up all the more embarrassing for wargaming.

Of course its possible this is a c0ck a bull story and they don't care about NA but I highly doubt that.

Elevendy #64 Posted May 17 2019 - 21:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 22340 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
I mean the last few seasons were only cancer due to how people played, not due to queue times or the format it was placed in. Running the old system would do just fine.

KRZYBooP #65 Posted May 17 2019 - 21:43

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3797 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostFatFreddiesCat, on May 17 2019 - 11:49, said:

Question: If I have a EU account, is there a way for me to connect to it from the USA?

In the WGC you can select the server when you install an instance of World of Tanks. Make sure it's in a different folder though. 

View PostFORESTGOMA, on May 17 2019 - 12:20, said:

instead of work overtime doing another mode to suply the rank battles why dont you just fix the mm for NA and end this?

Changes to the MM were implemented in April of this year. 

View PostLugia345, on May 17 2019 - 13:13, said:

How about you finaly make your promise come true and transfer us to EU?

http://forum.worldof...t__1460#topmost

We are all still waiting for the PROMISED transfer

"Secondly, we will be looking at folks in EU, Africa, and other far flung parts of the world who no longer want to remain on NA. We want you to keep playing with us no matter the server, so please bear with us."  

1.This isn't a promise^

2."That server transfer is what lead to the realization that further ones were not practical until a better technical solution is built.  There is a roadmap item to either build a transfer tool or incorporate server roaming (so you could play on NA account on EU server for example - not sure which direction until devs start working and determining which path is better), but this will take time and resources like anything else. "-CabbageMechanic

spud_tuber #66 Posted May 17 2019 - 21:45

Major

• Players
  • 56790 battles

View PostGarandster, on May 17 2019 - 12:43, said:

But what I'm assuming you want nerfed on the FV4005 is a "defining feature". They nerfed it and maintained it's defining feature, they may not have nerfed what you wanted, but there is a reason they nerfed it the way they did.

They nerfed it purely for population control, not to make it healthier to play or play against.  That's not conducive to the long term balance or health of a game.

enjineer #67 Posted May 17 2019 - 21:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45893 battles
  • [-CMF-] -CMF-
Honestly, after 8+ years, there's no good excuse why server roaming isn't a thing.

Mokoma #68 Posted May 17 2019 - 22:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 15226 battles
I appreciate the informative post CM, but, as I always say, I don’t understand why important information is supplied via a forum post that only a small fraction of players will see, instead of being included in the main page article.

I get the reasoning for pulling it on NA, but I am pretty disappointed. I haven’t done much ranked in the past, but I was looking forward to playing it this season, for both the more competitive gameplay and to get bonds. Hoping that the alternative way to get the rewards isn’t some boring grindfest.

And honestly, if the NA server is now too small to be able to participate fully in endgame content, it’s time to allow sever transfers. If that’s left too long on the “dev roadmap” back burner, players will just permanently leave instead of transferring.

Striker_70 #69 Posted May 17 2019 - 22:14

Major

• Players
  • 19694 battles

View PostCabbageMechanic, on May 17 2019 - 11:07, said:

Thanks for your feedback guys, some follow ups:
Same answer as it's been, there is a feature planned for transfers/roaming but it is behind things like Premium Ammo and Tech Tree rebalances on the Dev roadmap

Sounds like it needs to be bumped up in priority.

GroundDelta #70 Posted May 17 2019 - 22:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 13392 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
What a joke. I didn't personally find the old rank-up system that bad, and I RATHER have something than nothing. Another flawed decision by wargaming which will lead to probably a couple hundred players from any top clan to go inactive now until CW is back.

Alexspeed_US #71 Posted May 17 2019 - 22:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 43333 battles
  • [FGC] FGC
This is the final nail in the coffin. Just close the server and transfer us to EU.

spud_tuber #72 Posted May 17 2019 - 22:41

Major

• Players
  • 56790 battles

View PostAlexspeed_US, on May 17 2019 - 15:37, said:

This is the final nail in the coffin. Just close the server and transfer us to EU.

Can't, don't have proper tools, at least based on the dev posts explaining why players in Africa and EU didn't get transfers to EU after the merger of east and west servers into central.

spud_tuber #73 Posted May 17 2019 - 22:56

Major

• Players
  • 56790 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on May 17 2019 - 14:43, said:

In the WGC you can select the server when you install an instance of World of Tanks. Make sure it's in a different folder though. 

Changes to the MM were implemented in April of this year. 

"Secondly, we will be looking at folks in EU, Africa, and other far flung parts of the world who no longer want to remain on NA. We want you to keep playing with us no matter the server, so please bear with us."  

1.This isn't a promise^

2."That server transfer is what lead to the realization that further ones were not practical until a better technical solution is built.  There is a roadmap item to either build a transfer tool or incorporate server roaming (so you could play on NA account on EU server for example - not sure which direction until devs start working and determining which path is better), but this will take time and resources like anything else. "-CabbageMechanic

May not have been a promise, but was certainly heavily implied. WGNA should have long since told those seeking EU transfers that the possibility was on hold indefinitely until the devs eventually got around to developing new tools to support it.  Like, immediately following the SEA transfers if the experience there is why the EU transfers were put on hold.

As is, it looks like WGNA deliberately mislead those seeking transfers so as to keep them on NA server rather than see them take their cash and start a new account on EU, especially in light of such a flippant "not a promise" comment.

Bavor #74 Posted May 17 2019 - 23:02

Major

• Players
  • 33432 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostHavocfive, on May 17 2019 - 12:22, said:

...Even if the servers were merged, a number of NA players do not have great internet speeds to keep low and consistent pint to the EU. 

You don't need high speed internet to play on the EU servers without issue.  WoT doesn't use a lot of bandwidth.  I've played on the EU server from a hotel in the US with using the hotel's free wifi that was slow.  I've also played on EU with a slower speed home internet connection without issue.

Bavor #75 Posted May 17 2019 - 23:05

Major

• Players
  • 33432 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostKumite_Me_Bro, on May 17 2019 - 13:59, said:

Why not get rid of the S.A. server and just merge it back into a N.A Central if the player base is so low? 

Because the SA players would whine too much.  The players from Brazil and Argentina asked for a SA server for several years and when Wargaming gave them one, they didn't use it.

My ping to the EU servers and some of the RU servers is better than my ping to the SA server.  If the connection to US central is that bad for many SA server players, I'm shocked that more players from SA don't used the SA server.

IndygoEEI #76 Posted May 17 2019 - 23:06

Major

• Players
  • 59651 battles
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL

View PostRedAlert2010, on May 17 2019 - 11:41, said:

...Snip...

Are you from Ireland?

__Happy #77 Posted May 17 2019 - 23:06

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11672 battles
CM, thanks for the post but how are we expected to respond to it? I assume WG would like to retain the NA customers, of course i could be wrong on that but i would like to think that they would. They release a video about how awesome the new Ranked mode would be and three days before it goes live, we are told that we can't participate. Not only that, we can't even get the old mode either. So what are we expected to think? That the RU and EU customers deserve a revamped game mode while we deserve a post on the forums? What possible reason would I have to continue to financially support a company with this kind of attitude toward me and my fellow NA customers?

XturbohawkX #78 Posted May 17 2019 - 23:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25069 battles
  • [WARHK] WARHK

View PostYANKEE137, on May 17 2019 - 17:43, said:

The elephant in the room is the viability of the NA server. It hardly matters for a poor player such as myself, but for top players who thrive on competition-and especially those paying for premium accounts- to not be treated as well as the Russian and Euro players is a real kick in the teeth.

NA (and APAC) are now junior servers, we're the kids' table.

I doubt they spend more money than us in NA...but that will change with this kind of treatment.

BadLuckCharm #79 Posted May 17 2019 - 23:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8754 battles

View PostRedAlert2010, on May 17 2019 - 12:08, said:

so maybe the roaming/transfers should be be moved forward? as it stands, right now, you are going to have an empty server. 

Show this thread to the DEV's or someone with power in Minsk and tell them, everyone is getting annoyed by it now.

Like they care over there... they'll probably have a good laugh about that, and that's about it.

WileyCat #80 Posted May 17 2019 - 23:16

Major

• Players
  • 30950 battles
  • [ALL] ALL

que times are already aids 

people left because you turned ranked off a few years ago

wg owes all of us 1 tank of our choosing for this gigantic let down 

ranked should have been standard with 1.0 league can do it and its a 10+ year old game 

dont even try giving us discount coupons for the prem shop or offering us a special deal 

this will be wots version of the classic wow fight sales will drop wg will bend the knee and its gonna be harder than it has to be on everyone

even if ranked que would be bad who cares? you wait 10 or more minuts at 3am for a tier 10 game we wouldnt care at all i gaurantee it its what almost every player has screamed for for a year because your actual mm is just bad and will stay bad because randoms are just that random.

my opinion feel free to @ me and chime in anyone im taking a good break from wot putting my money where my mouth is and stopping all support of the game until all this random shirt gets resolved and im not the only one           

Edited by WileyCat, May 17 2019 - 23:17.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users