Wheelie Rebalance

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Panzerjager72 #1 Posted May 18 2019 - 01:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20980 battles
  • [FART-] FART-

I don't care what you have at the top of your list for rebalancing. Wheelies need to go right to the top of the list. 

I am tired of repeated bounces or crits on this things when I hit them. 

They are considered the new cancer in this game and I am playing less and less because of it.

GeorgePreddy #2 Posted May 18 2019 - 01:52

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

Wheeeeeeelies are great, wheeeeeeelies are cool... if u can't learn (how to deal)... go back to school.

tanopasman62 #3 Posted May 18 2019 - 01:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 21375 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

Wheelies exacerbate the magic track bs that has always been part of the game.

It's no different or less infuriating that hitting a Skorpion with a 120mm+ gun on the side and getting a bounce because you hit adamantium tracks.

Maltfourti #4 Posted May 18 2019 - 01:52

Captain

• Players
  • 45738 battles
  • [-M1-] -M1-
I too am way past sick of the no-damage crits. The wheels eat way too much. There is definitely a flaw in the modelling. In the past 2 night worth of FL, I've hit many of these things, and they were ALL no-damage crits.  Something like 20 to 25 hits on the 2 different wheelies in FL, and all were negated. I did damage to one, once. It was sitting still and I shot it square in the [edited]. Fix this bull[edited]e. I don't hate the wheelies, I hate the obvious flaw.

CardboardJedi #5 Posted May 18 2019 - 01:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13439 battles
  • [DDVR] DDVR
I've thought about this and I recall I first came to WoT because (I totally suck at fighter plane games) I like the slower, lumbering pace of big heavy tanks. The wheelies have been introduced like a swarm of gnats that are just damn hard to swat. Now I feel like it's becoming that fast paced airplane game. Just my two cents, WoT didn't need the wheelies but now here they are.

leeuniverse #6 Posted May 18 2019 - 02:03

Major

• Players
  • 40102 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostPanzerjager72, on May 17 2019 - 17:40, said:

I don't care what you have at the top of your list for rebalancing. Wheelies need to go right to the top of the list. 

I am tired of repeated bounces or crits on this things when I hit them. 

They are considered the new cancer in this game and I am playing less and less because of it.

1. I do agree that the "bouncing/crit" IS a problem that they should indeed reduce.  (though, their HP should be buffed also then)

2. I don't consider them "cancer" otherwise, in fact they are pretty crap, though the T10 and likely the T9 are "okay".

The REAL "cancer" is our CRAP GUNS on tanks in general, CRAP ROUND SPEEDS, and our CRAP TANK SPEEDS in general, which both became a really serious problem after The Great Physics Nerf when 80% of the tanks in my garage became unplayable and the rest just worse, plus the many other tanks that I used to want to get now nerfed to ****.

So, wheeled vehicles simply manifest how BAD these crap aspects in fact are.

Wheeled aren't the problem, the crap performance of tanks of this game are.

heavymetal1967 #7 Posted May 18 2019 - 02:31

Major

• Players
  • 73233 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/601364-devs-reblance-info-mod-blocking-arty-maps-fl-xvm-and-much-more/page__fromsearch__1

Block Quote

Wheelies

We’re working to adjust Frontline to wheeled vehicles and swift Light Tanks. Changes will be rolled out to a separate cluster for testing. Should they work out, we’ll introduce them for all other clusters.

For Random Battles, there are not enough stats for top-tier wheeled tanks yet. We’ll continue gathering them and watch closely how the battle duration and wheeled vehicles ratio in battles change. The SPG rebalances in 9.18 taught us to accurately measure the response of different audience segments (in-game behaviour and stats) and approach each change iteratively. Now we have a sound monitoring system that allows us to track how wheeled vehicles perform in-game and how they affect gameplay overall. Should there be an imbalance, we’ll step in to fix it.

Wheeled vehicles won’t get nerfed until we gather enough stats to prove it’s necessary. The charge mechanics will not be brought back.

RIA1911 #8 Posted May 18 2019 - 03:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6471 battles
Fast tanks just need to be stunned, now that stunning is part of the crap in this game. Every time a fast wheeled or super fast light tanks does some sort of unbelievable trick , stun the crew for a few seconds.  Hell even a slow tank going off a cliff or really steep hill. It's an arcade game after all.

Panzerjager72 #9 Posted May 18 2019 - 03:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20980 battles
  • [FART-] FART-

Thanks for the info.

Erdkrebs #10 Posted May 19 2019 - 17:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 3032 battles

When is it released?  AT missiled Jeep

Konigwolfen #11 Posted May 21 2019 - 14:20

Captain

• Players
  • 25143 battles
  • [BFPA] BFPA

View Postleeuniverse, on May 18 2019 - 02:03, said:

1. I do agree that the "bouncing/crit" IS a problem that they should indeed reduce.  (though, their HP should be buffed also then)

2. I don't consider them "cancer" otherwise, in fact they are pretty crap, though the T10 and likely the T9 are "okay".

The REAL "cancer" is our CRAP GUNS on tanks in general, CRAP ROUND SPEEDS, and our CRAP TANK SPEEDS in general, which both became a really serious problem after The Great Physics Nerf when 80% of the tanks in my garage became unplayable and the rest just worse, plus the many other tanks that I used to want to get now nerfed to ****.

So, wheeled vehicles simply manifest how BAD these crap aspects in fact are.

Wheeled aren't the problem, the crap performance of tanks of this game are.

The physics update made tank acceleration more realistic. Issue being tanks which are well known for their excellent mobility have magic terrain passability numbers which do not match their actual capability. Then you have the complete opposite with wheeled tanks that have hover tank level ground pressure and super car level acceleration. None of the EBR's which Ive managed to find info on say anything about them being able to maintain their top speed on anything other than solid roads. Its the T-50-2 all over again. On top of that they have gun handling equivalent to modern MBT FCS, and turret traverse speeds that would make a CIWS jealous.

They literally made a type of tank that proudly displays almost every element that is wrong with the game at the moment. The only thing that could be worse is a wheeled auto-loader artillery.

Edited by Konigwolfen, May 21 2019 - 14:21.

leeuniverse #12 Posted May 21 2019 - 18:59

Major

• Players
  • 40102 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostKonigwolfen, on May 21 2019 - 06:20, said:

The physics update made tank acceleration more realistic. Issue being tanks which are well known for their excellent mobility have magic terrain passability numbers which do not match their actual capability. Then you have the complete opposite with wheeled tanks that have hover tank level ground pressure and super car level acceleration. None of the EBR's which Ive managed to find info on say anything about them being able to maintain their top speed on anything other than solid roads. Its the T-50-2 all over again. On top of that they have gun handling equivalent to modern MBT FCS, and turret traverse speeds that would make a CIWS jealous.

They literally made a type of tank that proudly displays almost every element that is wrong with the game at the moment. The only thing that could be worse is a wheeled auto-loader artillery.

Actually, the physics update made tanks "slide" in an attempt to be "realistic", and of course flip over etc.

Instead what they actually did was make the game worse, by making all tanks WAY slower, some more than others, which means a person can't perform as well in the tank, like Heavy's were nerfed to unplayableness for me, along with the gun nerfs.

Wargaming has a knack for making thing better, but also worse at the same time.

Take Arty rebalance, they just made it worse in another way by adding stun.

Now Arty is so bad that a person can't consistently play well, with the high damage of before they were at least able to do that.

Though the real problem with Arty is other things, not enough HP of tanks (i.e. games don't last long enough), and many other things I won't get into here, bottom line is you can't lower damage and not balance other things, they've just made the class worse.

Gunadie_1 #13 Posted May 22 2019 - 01:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 70 battles

As bad as the terrible unbalanced camo and spotting mechanics

Clown cars are for clowns and never should have been introduced into a game that has track vehicles

Their cannons are way to heavy for them to carry and do those maneuvers and jumps without breaking suspension, flattening wheels

or tipping over during tight turns

Another flawed WG concept that has further damaged the game playability and balance

SquishySupreme #14 Posted May 22 2019 - 06:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3724 battles

The real life vehicles had 30mm of armor and the middle wheels were NOT powered - they were there to keep the things from high-grounding themselves.  Most were made of aluminum to keep the weight down and provided almost no extra protection versus tank rounds.    The center wheels need to be made into a weak spot that does not bounce anything.

Big_Nasty_Ceech #15 Posted May 22 2019 - 22:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16456 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
Nerf wheeled lights.  plain and simple.  they take away from the game as they are.

leeuniverse #16 Posted May 23 2019 - 18:40

Major

• Players
  • 40102 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostBig_Nasty_Ceech, on May 22 2019 - 14:18, said:

Nerf wheeled lights.  plain and simple.  they take away from the game as they are.

No, not "plain and simple".... because they are CRAP as they are.

Tank Speeds, Gun Accuracy, Round Speeds need to be buffed to at least pre-physics levels.

mole_cricket #17 Posted May 23 2019 - 19:35

Private

• Players
  • 20260 battles

RC car = Arty = Bad .....Remove both

JLD_gunner #18 Posted May 25 2019 - 10:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8916 battles

View PostKonigwolfen, on May 21 2019 - 14:20, said:

Perfect response...please read this WOT!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users