F***** up punishment system

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Moon_Butt #1 Posted May 19 2019 - 06:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 7950 battles
  • [TRNP] TRNP
I just want to know if the devs or mods or wthever has ever thought of punishing people for bullying players without damaging them. Then when the bullied player has no choice but to shoot them they turn blue then either get banned or destroyed for it. I don't know wththe devs were thinking with the punishment system but it is clearly F****** broke in the favor of bullies who has a tank that can just bulldoze other tanks no problem.

tod914 #2 Posted May 19 2019 - 06:53

Major

• Players
  • 63554 battles

Bullied how?  If you can refrain from shooting them till you get a ban, try submitting a ticket under physics abuse with the replay attached.

Moon_Butt #3 Posted May 19 2019 - 07:13

Private

• -Players-
  • 7950 battles
  • [TRNP] TRNP

thanks

CaptSpaulding55 #4 Posted May 19 2019 - 09:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33433 battles
You always have a choice. But try not to shoot the green tanks even if they don't play nice. 

venom286 #5 Posted May 19 2019 - 09:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41599 battles
  • [FARTY] FARTY
send in the replay to customer service trust me there strict on this rule and they ban people for it 

ArmorStorm #6 Posted May 19 2019 - 13:33

Major

• Players
  • 36422 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostMoon_Butt, on May 18 2019 - 23:34, said:

I just want to know if the devs or mods or wthever has ever thought of punishing people for bullying players without damaging them. Then when the bullied player has no choice but to shoot them they turn blue then either get banned or destroyed for it. I don't know wththe devs were thinking with the punishment system but it is clearly F****** broke in the favor of bullies who has a tank that can just bulldoze other tanks no problem.

HILARIOUS!  You had "no choice but to shoot them"?  I'm glad that the TK system is working as intended in your case!

Wargaming will look at what you call "bullying" which cannot actually happen between pixel tanks in a game by the way, IF you send in a support ticket with the battle replay.  What you are describing is called "physics abuse" and can end up with discipline for the offending player.  

More importantly are your actions here.  Try to be mature, let the little griefer push your tank around- he will get bored and leave if you don't react.  Get up and get a drink, go scratch your pet, do anything other than what you did which was to reward the griefer by playing his game.  He won, you lost...and now you are blaming Wargaming instead of your own childish reaction.  

Good luck, don't get emotionally invested in your tanks.

Markd73 #7 Posted May 19 2019 - 14:20

Major

• Players
  • 32508 battles

Rule 1 - don't shoot green tanks no matter what

Rule 2 - see rule 1

Send in a replay for physics abuse vs the offender. Take you hands off the keyboard when someone does this. If you don't respond they get bored and move on. 

Lucudus58 #8 Posted May 19 2019 - 14:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20516 battles

View Posttod914, on May 19 2019 - 06:53, said:

Bullied how?  If you can refrain from shooting them till you get a ban, try submitting a ticket under physics abuse with the replay attached.

Will you men please use your brains ok.I have seen this done to me and I shoot them back or push them in the line of fire.Just had this happen in FL and the fool kept on shooting me and pushing me so me with the heavier tank pushed him and he did not like that and left.I would love to meet some of these fools in person lol.The gentleman has a great post here but you fools comebacks are so stupid and so foolish.Give it  a break and go back to Facebook

Anublister #9 Posted May 19 2019 - 14:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 68535 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

View PostArmorStorm, on May 19 2019 - 12:33, said:

HILARIOUS!  You had "no choice but to shoot them"?  I'm glad that the TK system is working as intended in your case!

Wargaming will look at what you call "bullying" which cannot actually happen between pixel tanks in a game by the way, IF you send in a support ticket with the battle replay.  What you are describing is called "physics abuse" and can end up with discipline for the offending player.  

More importantly are your actions here.  Try to be mature, let the little griefer push your tank around- he will get bored and leave if you don't react.  Get up and get a drink, go scratch your pet, do anything other than what you did which was to reward the griefer by playing his game.  He won, you lost...and now you are blaming Wargaming instead of your own childish reaction.  

Good luck, don't get emotionally invested in your tanks.

Wrong, Mr. Know it all. Some griefers come in packs, others bait and get other ignorant players on your team to join in. Still others have a warped sense of themselves and will shoot you or push you because you aren't playing your tank "right". The OP has a valid point, this game is being dominated by jerks. You on the other hand have not been appointed troll-in-charge and you probably don't even realize how you are enabling bad behavior by chastising the OP (unless you are in fact one of the jerks who like having free range?). While I agree shooting your teammates is a big no-no, after hours of playing and trying to complete a mission only to have it ruined by a jerk on your own team it feels good to enact just a bit of payback.

The OP wants WG to do more to curtail griefers, you just want them ignored. Ignoring bullies is the ONLY thing we can do, it's not the BEST thing we can do. The fact is wargaming seems to be going backwards when it comes to reporting jerk players. Relying instead on an automated system that in no way can evaluate the nuances required in dealing with the emotions and details of ruining the game experience. I actually like the automated team-kill version, but I guess they don't have the resources or the will anymore to deal with the issue. So it's dog-eat-dog now.

Bullying has many factors and your smug and inaccurate opinion that bullying can't occur in a video game is way off mark. 

ArmorStorm #10 Posted May 19 2019 - 15:07

Major

• Players
  • 36422 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostAnublister, on May 19 2019 - 07:40, said:

Wrong, Mr. Know it all. Some griefers come in packs, others bait and get other ignorant players on your team to join in. Still others have a warped sense of themselves and will shoot you or push you because you aren't playing your tank "right". The OP has a valid point, this game is being dominated by jerks. You on the other hand have not been appointed troll-in-charge and you probably don't even realize how you are enabling bad behavior by chastising the OP (unless you are in fact one of the jerks who like having free range?). While I agree shooting your teammates is a big no-no, after hours of playing and trying to complete a mission only to have it ruined by a jerk on your own team it feels good to enact just a bit of payback.

The OP wants WG to do more to curtail griefers, you just want them ignored. Ignoring bullies is the ONLY thing we can do, it's not the BEST thing we can do. The fact is wargaming seems to be going backwards when it comes to reporting jerk players. Relying instead on an automated system that in no way can evaluate the nuances required in dealing with the emotions and details of ruining the game experience. I actually like the automated team-kill version, but I guess they don't have the resources or the will anymore to deal with the issue. So it's dog-eat-dog now.

Bullying has many factors and your smug and inaccurate opinion that bullying can't occur in a video game is way off mark. 

WRONG Mr. Know nothing.  Online bullying is a real thing, but pushing imaginary pixel tanks around to get a response is far from that.  I told him he could send in a ticket, but after he shot a green tank it no longer matters.  The FACT is that by shooting griefers, you are REWARDING their behavior, violating the game rules and getting involved with WG's automated TK system.  

As far as I know, YOU have not been nominated for Mommy-of-the-Internet either, so please take your misguided safe-space nonsense elsewhere.  Or better yet, to somewhere that real bullying occurs- kids out there do need help.

Someone actually bullying through social media (or in-game) in a way that affects RL interactions with one's peers is one thing.  Bumping an on-screen avatar to elicit a response is childish (and reportable) but not bullying.  I gave him good advice, just write that match off and don't get angry over these kind of idiots.  It's just a game after all.

Actually on reflection, I will allow that bullying can occur in a game like this, but the OP is not experiencing it.  IF an individual or group systematically went after an individual to try to ruin every game he is in and filled his client with messages from multiple accounts so he couldn't blacklist them all, negatively impacting his gaming experience, that would be bullying.  Having random jackwagons come up occasionally and play bumper-tanks is not.

Edited by ArmorStorm, May 19 2019 - 15:15.

nuclearguy931 #11 Posted May 19 2019 - 15:39

Major

• Players
  • 80404 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

OP, they trolled you, you took the bait if you shot them.

Don't shoot green tanks. Submit a ticket like Markd73 & tod914 suggested.

RetroMan55 #12 Posted May 19 2019 - 16:13

Captain

• Players
  • 89119 battles
  • [DWING] DWING

I've been around long enough to see the many phases of this game's version of TK'ing/bullying.  It is a real thing that WG is not dealing with adequately.  Saw it last week when a player decided to hold a platoon member just off the cap so that he was out in the open where the enemy could shoot him.  This same guy was zig-zagging in front of me, but my medium was fast enough to go around and escape.  Last night, similar situation, a guy in a T-30 decided to push a platoon member in an IS-M to a stop and hold him there.  So there is the tactic being used - use heavy tanks or TD's to push lighter units around or lock them down against rocks/houses terrain features.  If your alone, not much you can do about it.  If you're with a platoon, maybe you can push them off - or track them by colliding (not shooting them) so your friend can escape their grip.

So that is the state of the game, players will push others around, but these same players won't bother to push a tank upright that has flipped over.  Sad really.  The only real option is to sit on the cap for a few second to see these players expose themselves and then avoid them.  If you are in a spot they want and are pushing you out into the line of fire - drive away and let them have the spot.  When they are dead, use the dead tank for hull down cover.  With close to 1200 Battle Buddy awards, shooting is an absolute last resort.  If you have to shoot them, shoot them in the tracks and go to the opposite side of the map.  Blacklist the offender so they will show up next time you see them, and report them for "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" (which will do nothing really).

TheManFromKekistan #13 Posted May 20 2019 - 07:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 28 battles
Been playing this game since launch and I can only think of a handful of times anyone has ever pushed me into fire or shot me purposely. If the op is having an issue with it happening a lot then maybe there is some reason? Wonder what the chat logs would show? :bajan:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users