Reporting players?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Valkorion #1 Posted May 19 2019 - 07:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 7937 battles
Hi! I don't think I've ever posted on the forum before and I'm not sure where to put this so I figured eh I'll just put it here and see what happens. I'm wondering if WG ever actually does something about the "complain" feature?? I recently had someone send me a message after a game that said "I f****d your mouth" and "I'll find you and kill you" and I'm wondering if there's a way to report that player besides the regular complain thing? Thanks if anyone can help me :)

Valkorion #2 Posted May 19 2019 - 07:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 7937 battles

Update - this player just sent me "GO HANG YOURSELF B***H"

Fartnado #3 Posted May 19 2019 - 08:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5555 battles
Turn off all chat and enjoy life and the game more.  Easy as that.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #4 Posted May 19 2019 - 08:38

Major

• Players
  • 16735 battles
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G

The in-game report option is a placebo.  

venom286 #5 Posted May 19 2019 - 09:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41599 battles
  • [FARTY] FARTY
player support 

venom286 #6 Posted May 19 2019 - 09:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41599 battles
  • [FARTY] FARTY
also i have not received a message like that before i am kind of jealous :)

Projectile_Misfired #7 Posted May 19 2019 - 14:13

Major

• Players
  • 37523 battles

OP, you can use the in-game "complain" system if you want. But, from what I've read about it, it's more of a 'flag' on the player's account. Not quite sure what WG actually does with those. 

However, for what you described, you want to do the following:

• First and foremost, DON'T RESPOND to the player. Many players that do usually end up saying something that could get them in trouble too.
  • Take screenshots of the text. If there's enough text that requires you to scroll to get all of it, make sure to leave some test from the previous screenshot on the next screenshot. This provides continuity, and, provided you abided by the above step, helps show that the comments are unprovoked.
  • Create a ticket with Customer Support (you will have to navigate through the options to find the right topic). Make sure you give them plenty of information about what happened and attach the screenshots (I personally rename my screenshots to make it easier on them to know which order to view them in).

Now, you may get a 'copy-past' response back from CS, or quite possibly a  request for more info, but, in the end, you most likely won't get notified of any possible actions they may have taken against that player. You just have to trust that something will be done. 

Just remember, don't respond to players who are abusive, vulgar, and/or threatening in chat. Report them and let the professionals deal with them.

ArmorStorm #8 Posted May 19 2019 - 14:54

Major

• Players
  • 36422 battles
  • [F__R] F__R
and blacklist the guy.

heavymetal1967 #9 Posted May 19 2019 - 15:43

Major

• Players
  • 70281 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

OP either blacklist him and move on or per Projectile Misfired screenshot the chat.  Well actually blacklist him or report and blacklist him.

If you closed the chat find his name via the search function and the chat should still be there.   This includes if you logged off the game.  I'm not sure how far it goes back, but it'll be there if it's recent.  Cause when I chat with regular friends the old chat has to load when I open a new PM with them.

Support won't advise you what action they take as that's standard procedure for them.  But they'll sanction him.  Likely a strike and a chat ban for X number of days depending on his history.  Though the real life threats as ludicrous as they are likely ups the punishment as well as the progression from what I've seen posted on the forum from players and staff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users