Has accuracy been nerfed?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Jryder #21 Posted May 20 2019 - 06:59

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13910 battles

All I know is that I bought a Skorpian (30% coupon...) a few months ago. Only play it in FL. The 'legendary' accuracy of that gun does not seem to jibe with the stated accuracy numbers AT ALL. 

I had the T25 TD once, long ago. It's 'accuracy' drove me crazy to the point that I dumped it and stopped moving up that line entirely. The Skorpian is giving me flashbacks with it's COMPLETELY MISSING ZEROED IN TARGETS REGULARLY. Aside from the T25, I never had a gun completely whiff as often as the Skorpian (and I'm talking about targets filling-or close to it-the targeting circle). It is baffling.

SwollenOstrich #22 Posted May 20 2019 - 07:35

Captain

• Players
  • 24533 battles

I have no hard data, but in FL I started playing the FV4202, which is supposed to have a .33 accuracy gun. I have never played it much since they dropped it from the tier 10 to make it a premium tier 8.

It was really weird, I was missing shot after shot in an FL game and afterward I looked up the stats and saw it says it has .33 accuracy. My jaw dropped.

Something is fishy, I have played a lot of .4 accuracy guns that hit more consistently than that thing. I took it out a few more times in FL games this week, and just mentally noted however many times it missed at 200 or fewer yards. It missed a lot. 

QuicksilverJPR #23 Posted May 20 2019 - 14:08

Major

• Players
  • 27183 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostSwollenOstrich, on May 20 2019 - 01:35, said:

I have no hard data, but in FL I started playing the FV4202, which is supposed to have a .33 accuracy gun. I have never played it much since they dropped it from the tier 10 to make it a premium tier 8.

It was really weird, I was missing shot after shot in an FL game and afterward I looked up the stats and saw it says it has .33 accuracy. My jaw dropped.

Something is fishy, I have played a lot of .4 accuracy guns that hit more consistently than that thing. I took it out a few more times in FL games this week, and just mentally noted however many times it missed at 200 or fewer yards. It missed a lot. 

I think it's something in FL mode throwing off accuracy.  My platoons mates and I have constantly stated that rounds miss much more often there than in regular game mode.  The after game stats tend to back that up as well...

I_QQ_4_U #24 Posted May 20 2019 - 16:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 21613 battles

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on May 20 2019 - 14:08, said:

I think it's something in FL mode throwing off accuracy.  My platoons mates and I have constantly stated that rounds miss much more often there than in regular game mode.  The after game stats tend to back that up as well...

The fact that you fire way more shots per game and can replenish your ammo multiple times leads to far more low percentage shots and blind shots. I have not noticed missing my shots any more than usual in FL, TBH I seem to get way more wthhits if anything.

grandthefttankV #25 Posted May 21 2019 - 15:13

Major

• Players
  • 34932 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

Yes. Aim dispersion has been broken, then broken again. It’s gotten to the point where 2/3 of shots from german tanks, fired when stationary, will miss or hit the ground. 

On the other hand, soviet tanks can still snap shot on the move.

They broke the accuracy mechanic further to make the wheeled garbage harder to hit.

leeuniverse #26 Posted May 23 2019 - 18:37

Major

• Players
  • 37858 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Block Quote

Has accuracy been nerfed?

Yes, a few times...

Further affect may be due to the "type" of tanks you're playing.

But yes, accuracy has been nerfed to **** since The Great Physics Nerf.

It massively pisses me off for a few of my tanks, well really all if I played all anymore which I don't cause they are so **** now, aka Heavy's and TD's (also due to Speed Nerfs why I also don't play them).

grandthefttankV #27 Posted May 23 2019 - 18:48

Major

• Players
  • 34932 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_
Yes. Especially for german guns. It’s almost as of there is a soviet bias...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users