E50 is depressing me ...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

i9awn #1 Posted May 19 2019 - 11:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7843 battles

Title should be E50M ...

My first T10 and I'm sucking hard at it ... it has an amazing gun and great mobility but it's just not working ... I get spotted near max view range when I fire my gun; gun depression just sucks for hills. Armor can't bounce anything T10. I can't hang around with heavies, I get murdered, I'll be a shot magnet compared to them.

I don't know how to play it. My favorite medium would have camo, low profile and a good gun depression angle + mobility but this has only mobility and it's not cutting it. I need to expose too much to shoot someone from a hill, giving attacker more time to react and a larger target to shoot at and some hills are not workable at all. With turret mounted in the middle of the hull peaking from buildings is also not optimal. ... I can't play it like a heavy cause it doesn't have the armor. I can snipe from far away but very few maps allow for this and many TDs would do it better with better armor or better camo + better gun; besides I would have picked a TD if I wanted to play a sniper TD. Autoloaders also have great advantage over me ... it's just sad.

I go around checking other E-50Ms and I see stats like 60% for some players while I'm sitting at 38% WR for my E50 M. My E50 stats is 54% WR with my Panther II is 55% WR. I don't know what's wrong but this is supposed to be a better tank. How do these people make this tank work? It's killing me ... I once cried like a child cause it's destroying my self esteem and just makes me feel like a pathetic loser ... I don't know what to do man this is depressing.

Edited by i9awn, May 19 2019 - 11:22.

Genzing #2 Posted May 19 2019 - 11:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23157 battles
Usually when stuff like this happens to me, I take a break from that tank and review the basics of the game, either through watching videos and going on tank.gg to view what angles are best and what guns I should be avoiding, etc, etc. I don't own one so I don't have much advice from a gameplay aspect. Hang back when you're in tier 10 battles and support the heavies if you roll with them, using them as shields and using their profiles to hide your own or shoot over them as the E50M is rather large, doesn't mean you need to push out your teammates though. When fighting other mediums, you have the weight advantage so ramming is a viable, even with some heavies. This is just pure speculation from me, but instead of repeatedly trying to make it work which will only continue frustrating you, take a break from it and play other tanks with similar playstyles and try to implement that into the E50M.

F1O1 #3 Posted May 19 2019 - 12:10

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

E50M is conceptually an awful tank.

The armoured body, has a terribly thin turret. The hull sides are reasonably thick, but massive profile. Poor camo, sluggish mobility, really hurts E50M prospects at being versatile. The gun depression is alright, but remember the tank is tall, and the turret is not up-forward. Extremely low DPM for tier 10 med, low-end disp. stats, and low-end terrain resistances.

Save yourself the trouble, and play M48A Patton or Centurion Action X. They are better tanks.

The_Iron_Bullet #4 Posted May 19 2019 - 14:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18458 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

Play it like a leopard 1 or AMX 50b. Don't expose yourself because your armor won't hold up. You can side scrape with it but you can't stick your sides out much.

Here is some reference material - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo1WZzRCXLE you might want to take it with a grain of salt as this is a old video.

i9awn #5 Posted May 20 2019 - 22:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7843 battles
Thanks all for the replies. I'll be taking a break from E50 M while watching some streams ... so far from watching it seems E50 M is workable but definitely not one of the "better" tanks there.

illumiZoldyck #6 Posted May 30 2019 - 05:15

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5394 battles

bad dpm holds back e50m, it would be a beast if it had stb or obj 140 level dpm.

the gun is godlike, much better then leo 1 gun for some reason 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users