Jump to content


Frontline: Max Rank = Max Battle Time


  • Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

DoomSquatch #1 Posted May 19 2019 - 18:48

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 53730 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    02-02-2014

It's happened to all of us!

 

You've made Captain, you are just one or two shots from making Major, and there's 8 or 10 minutes left on the clock.  You're on track to make General and you know it!

 

Then some group of noobs (according to XVM) destroys the last objective!!!!  They circle around the destroyed gun whooping it up.

 

Or, you're on defense, time is running out, and that same group of noobs floods a zone to prevent base capture, ending the game early instead of giving up the Base to extend game time.

 

All for naught.

 

There's No Bonus for Winning!

 

There's No Penalty for Losing!

 

And every shot put into one of the Big Guns yields less experience than putting it into a tank that can shoot back at you.  For certain.  I've tested this, and my rank advancement bar hardly moves by comparison to killing regular tanks.

 

So the actual goal in Frontline is to make the battle last as long as possible so everyone can farm rank and experience.

 

The second goal is to make as high a rank as possible in each Frontline battle so you can Tier Up and Prestige Up more quickly.

 

The veterans understand this, but a lot of players don't.

 

So for your own benefit and theirs get the word out at the beginning of each battle.  In English and in Spanish:

 

Max Battle Time = Max Rank!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 


Edited by DoomSquatch, May 19 2019 - 18:49.


DrOoLeR_In_Da_HoUsE #2 Posted May 19 2019 - 18:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 41370 battles
  • 3,593
  • [SUX] SUX
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011
crap happens, move on to the next game.. wasn't designed to be easy mode

PapioTitan #3 Posted May 19 2019 - 18:57

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 44457 battles
  • 581
  • Member since:
    12-21-2013

We each have our own goals when we hit the battle button. Mine is to win and will remain so.

 

 



WhineMaker #4 Posted May 19 2019 - 18:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 36954 battles
  • 5,682
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

Why do I receive more xp(+50%), more credits(+50%) and more free xp(+50%) for a win?

 

 

 

 

 

Inquiring minds would like to know... :B

 



Exiledcrow #5 Posted May 19 2019 - 18:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 48876 battles
  • 2,390
  • [GURUS] GURUS
  • Member since:
    11-26-2011

View PostDoomSquatch, on May 19 2019 - 18:48, said:

It's happened to all of us!

 

You've made Captain, you are just one or two shots from making Major, and there's 8 or 10 minutes left on the clock.  You're on track to make General and you know it!

 

Then some group of noobs (according to XVM) destroys the last objective!!!!  They circle around the destroyed gun whooping it up.

 

Or, you're on defense, time is running out, and that same group of noobs floods a zone to prevent base capture, ending the game early instead of giving up the Base to extend game time.

 

All for naught.

 

There's No Bonus for Winning!

 

There's No Penalty for Losing!

 

And every shot put into one of the Big Guns yields less experience than putting it into a tank that can shoot back at you.  For certain.  I've tested this, and my rank advancement bar hardly moves by comparison to killing regular tanks.

 

So the actual goal in Frontline is to make the battle last as long as possible so everyone can farm rank and experience.

 

The second goal is to make as high a rank as possible in each Frontline battle so you can Tier Up and Prestige Up more quickly.

 

The veterans understand this, but a lot of players don't.

 

So for your own benefit and theirs get the word out at the beginning of each battle.  In English and in Spanish:

 

Max Battle Time = Max Rank!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

Maybe nobody else cares about YOUR goals? Something you might want to consider.

F4U_wingman #6 Posted May 19 2019 - 19:07

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 85452 battles
  • 946
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
  • Member since:
    10-17-2013

This is all good but most players don't use the mini map so they don't know or have any idea how to do what you are talking about.

What is a mini map they will ask and yet I have learned you can scroll in it to let you see all of the six zones and five guns.

GL with Frontlines when these players don't use a mini map in random battles.



DoomSquatch #7 Posted May 19 2019 - 19:14

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 53730 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    02-02-2014
This is why it requires in-game coaching from the veterans.

Exiledcrow #8 Posted May 19 2019 - 19:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 48876 battles
  • 2,390
  • [GURUS] GURUS
  • Member since:
    11-26-2011

View PostDoomSquatch, on May 19 2019 - 19:14, said:

This is why it requires in-game coaching from the veterans.

 

Does anyone want your coaching though? If they do they'll ......... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hang on

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ask for it.



DoomSquatch #9 Posted May 19 2019 - 19:19

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 53730 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    02-02-2014

View PostWhineMaker, on May 19 2019 - 17:58, said:

Why do I receive more xp(+50%), more credits(+50%) and more free xp(+50%) for a win?

 

 

 

 

 

Inquiring minds would like to know... :B

 

 

You don't get 50% more experience and credits for winning. 

 

You get 10% more credits for making Sergeant.  

 

You get 25% more credits for making Lieutenant.

 

You get 50% more credits for making Captain.

 

You get 100% more credits for making Major.      

 

You get 200% more credits for making General.  

 

It's right there in the rules.


Edited by DoomSquatch, May 19 2019 - 19:23.


DoomSquatch #10 Posted May 19 2019 - 19:21

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 53730 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    02-02-2014

View PostExiledcrow, on May 19 2019 - 18:18, said:

 

Does anyone want your coaching though? If they do they'll ......... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hang on

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ask for it.

 

I'll wager that some would like to know how they can maximize their rewards for the battle, and do so in a way that benefits all other players simultaneously.

 

Can't help that the others have different attitudes.

 



gingerted91 #11 Posted May 19 2019 - 19:23

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1251 battles
  • 250
  • [MORDR] MORDR
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015
You CAN do both ffs

DoomSquatch #12 Posted May 19 2019 - 19:25

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 53730 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    02-02-2014

View Postgingerted91, on May 19 2019 - 18:23, said:

You CAN do both ffs

 

Elaborate.

mlinke #13 Posted May 19 2019 - 19:27

    Captain

  • Players
  • 52698 battles
  • 1,370
  • [DD-S] DD-S
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011

View PostExiledcrow, on May 19 2019 - 18:58, said:

 

Maybe nobody else cares about YOUR goals? Something you might want to consider.

 

and what are goals ? Just to play game and get nothing? U r amazing. If you ever get a job, hope you will not expect to get paid.

Edited by mlinke, May 19 2019 - 20:54.


mlinke #14 Posted May 19 2019 - 19:31

    Captain

  • Players
  • 52698 battles
  • 1,370
  • [DD-S] DD-S
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011

View PostDoomSquatch, on May 19 2019 - 19:19, said:

 

You don't get 50% more experience and credits for winning. 

 

You get 10% more credits for making Sergeant.  

 

You get 25% more credits for making Lieutenant.

 

You get 50% more credits for making Captain.

 

You get 100% more credits for making Major.      

 

You get 200% more credits for making General.  

 

It's right there in the rules.

 

every time I get general I stop farming and try to get people to get it too. I want them to make use of the 10 min remaining but idiots do not listen. Cant cure stupid. Their argument is why should I listen  you? Dont listen listen to me. Grind your first rank. I ll get my rewards.

mlinke #15 Posted May 19 2019 - 19:34

    Captain

  • Players
  • 52698 battles
  • 1,370
  • [DD-S] DD-S
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011

View PostPapioTitan, on May 19 2019 - 18:57, said:

We each have our own goals when we hit the battle button. Mine is to win and will remain so.

 

 

 

even if win brings you nothing? Frontline is not regular game.

WhineMaker #16 Posted May 19 2019 - 19:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 36954 battles
  • 5,682
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostDoomSquatch, on May 19 2019 - 10:14, said:

This is why it requires in-game coaching from the veterans.

 

Oh no, not another self appointed armchair general... :facepalm:

 

Thanks for letting me know now, so I can blacklist you ahead of any battles where we're placed on the same team... :great:

 

 

 

 

Just gotta love the "you need to play as I require" crowd... :P

 

View Postmlinke, on May 19 2019 - 10:27, said:

 

and what are goals of you turds? Just to play game and get nothing? U r amazing. If you ever get a job, hope you will not expect to get payed.
 

 

Maybe to have fun?

 

I know, what a concept... :hiding:

 

 

 

 

You might not know, remedial English is a thing, and it's something you may want to look into, rather than spending your time playing video games... ;)

 

 



Exiledcrow #17 Posted May 19 2019 - 19:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 48876 battles
  • 2,390
  • [GURUS] GURUS
  • Member since:
    11-26-2011

View PostDoomSquatch, on May 19 2019 - 19:21, said:

 

I'll wager that some would like to know how they can maximize their rewards for the battle, and do so in a way that benefits all other players simultaneously.

 

Can't help that the others have different attitudes.

 

 

And if they do, they'll ask. 

ProfessionalFinn #18 Posted May 19 2019 - 19:38

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 24961 battles
  • 1,791
  • Member since:
    02-23-2016

View PostDoomSquatch, on May 19 2019 - 09:48, said:

It's happened to all of us!

 

You've made Captain, you are just one or two shots from making Major, and there's 8 or 10 minutes left on the clock.  You're on track to make General and you know it!

 

Then some group of noobs (according to XVM) destroys the last objective!!!!  They circle around the destroyed gun whooping it up.

 

Or, you're on defense, time is running out, and that same group of noobs floods a zone to prevent base capture, ending the game early instead of giving up the Base to extend game time.

 

All for naught.

 

There's No Bonus for Winning!

 

There's No Penalty for Losing!

 

And every shot put into one of the Big Guns yields less experience than putting it into a tank that can shoot back at you.  For certain.  I've tested this, and my rank advancement bar hardly moves by comparison to killing regular tanks.

 

So the actual goal in Frontline is to make the battle last as long as possible so everyone can farm rank and experience.

 

The second goal is to make as high a rank as possible in each Frontline battle so you can Tier Up and Prestige Up more quickly.

 

The veterans understand this, but a lot of players don't.

 

So for your own benefit and theirs get the word out at the beginning of each battle.  In English and in Spanish:

 

Max Battle Time = Max Rank!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

Right or wrong?  My big tummy tells me you machine-gun fire "Attention to Location" pings and also berate players in chat who don't live up to your expectations.

Be honest OP.

 



Exiledcrow #19 Posted May 19 2019 - 20:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 48876 battles
  • 2,390
  • [GURUS] GURUS
  • Member since:
    11-26-2011

View Postmlinke, on May 19 2019 - 19:27, said:

 

and what are goals of you turds? Just to play game and get nothing? U r amazing. If you ever get a job, hope you will not expect to get payed.

 

You turds? Nice. I don't even play FL, and I won't speculate as to others motives. Some are probably just there to wizz around and look at the scenery. 

 

BTW, I have a job and a nice winrate, so maybe you should tone back the attitude, and instead learn some basic grammar and spelling. It might get you "payed" better.


Edited by Exiledcrow, May 19 2019 - 22:43.


SporkBoy #20 Posted May 19 2019 - 20:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 44684 battles
  • 2,259
  • [PZB] PZB
  • Member since:
    02-06-2014
Um, there is a 50% bonus in XP to the winning team so stop making stuff up.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users