Frontline: Max Rank = Max Battle Time

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

SporkBoy #61 Posted May 20 2019 - 14:52

Major

• Players
  • 44956 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Because multie posters insisting there isn't a bump for winning. Sorry for not multi quoting the multitudes.

BadCorps #62 Posted May 20 2019 - 15:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10666 battles
  • [4PLDG] 4PLDG

Convincing 15 other people to listen to you and follow your idea at a conference is hard enough. Over the internet, it amplifies the difficulty by a matter of millions. Even without the extra 14 people in frontline.

Edited by BadCorps, May 20 2019 - 15:18.

Exiledcrow #63 Posted May 20 2019 - 22:41

Major

• Players
  • 48952 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostVeracks, on May 20 2019 - 13:56, said:

Indeed, no fun allowed.

On a more serious note, the issue here is that people mucking around in FL means the people trying to get rank are hindered. For the most part, I can consistently get General every time, but I am occasionally stock at Major because some geniuses rushed the objective with tons of time left. This kind of behavior baffles me given that doing the objectives (or stalling out the attackers when there's still caps) gives NO BENEFIT AT ALL. I fully advocate that destroying the objectives or defending them should give a big rank bonus (thus incentivizing trying to win). As it is though, the most logical thing to do is to simply stall the timer for as long as possible. Doing this benefits everyone playing the mode since it lets everyone get to a better rank.

The people mucking around are enjoying themselves. I know that makes it harder for serious face players to grind, but I'm pretty sure they don't care. And there's no reason they should. 

ez_money #64 Posted May 21 2019 - 00:00

Captain

• Players
  • 15603 battles

View PostDoomSquatch, on May 19 2019 - 12:14, said:

This is why it requires in-game coaching from the veterans.

Doesn't do any good. Anytime it looks like a battle is going to be short, everybody starts screaming to not destroy objectives or to let them capture zones, always to no avail. When I play non-FL battles my only goal is to win, no matter my personal WN8, kills, etc. To me, winning is everything...except in FL. I agree with the OP, drag the battles out so that everybody on both teams gets to rank up. Winning is nice, but in the end FL is nothing but a free pass for grinding XP, credits, and rewards.

Veracks #65 Posted May 21 2019 - 15:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21687 battles
  • [SU] SU

View PostExiledcrow, on May 20 2019 - 16:41, said:

The people mucking around are enjoying themselves. I know that makes it harder for serious face players to grind, but I'm pretty sure they don't care. And there's no reason they should. 

They should definitely care, but not for my sake. My entire point here is that EVERYONE benefits from stalling in FL. You get more credits/XP/Rank, I get more too, and everyone else does as well. Regardless of win or lose, we all get more out of the mode by just letting the timer run for as long as possible. Cutting it short by not capping every point or rushing objectives or stalling out the attackers benefits no one here.

makalu2k6 #66 Posted May 21 2019 - 19:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 67641 battles
  • [CHKRA] CHKRA

Lately seeing this more and more.

1) CAP A/B fast

2) Then CAP D/E fast

3) Then go and destroy the Guns.

The whole game is done and you can barely reach Captain. I guess idiots are every where and I am one of them. 

TheManFromKekistan #67 Posted May 21 2019 - 20:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

View Postmakalu2k6, on May 21 2019 - 13:26, said:

Lately seeing this more and more.

1) CAP A/B fast

2) Then CAP D/E fast

3) Then go and destroy the Guns.

The whole game is done and you can barely reach Captain. I guess idiots are every where and I am one of them. 

People have finally figured out you don't have to push the next cap in front of you when you could all flank over to the next lane and wipe out the defenders from behind and then swarm the cap then repeat till at the guns. Hard for the defenders to counter this due to spawn limits on full lanes but nothing keeping the attackers from entering.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users