About Frontline again - Require three Tier VIII vehicles, but also supply three Tier VIII rentals wh...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

RunDownBlaster #1 Posted May 19 2019 - 19:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 10078 battles

It's a detriment to the entire team if someone goes into Frontline with only the T-44 FL rental, gets smoked, and is down for five minutes because they don't have any other Tier VIIIs. That's too harsh of a punishment to the other players for something that someone else did. Thus, having a couple more credit Rentals and raising the minimum vehicles to participate to three would mitigate that possibility without excluding anyone who won't or can't use Gold for the two Gold rentals and doesn't have any VIIIs of their own.

I can't imagine it would mess up anyone who's already been participating in Frontline in that fashion, it basically prints credits.

mlinke #2 Posted May 19 2019 - 19:24

Captain

• Players
  • 52698 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
Why? Grind some or pay gold.

Hellsfog #3 Posted May 19 2019 - 20:11

Major

• Players
  • 37626 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostRunDownBlaster, on May 19 2019 - 13:01, said:

It's a detriment to the entire team if someone goes into Frontline with only the T-44 FL rental, gets smoked, and is down for five minutes because they don't have any other Tier VIIIs. That's too harsh of a punishment to the other players for something that someone else did. Thus, having a couple more credit Rentals and raising the minimum vehicles to participate to three would mitigate that possibility without excluding anyone who won't or can't use Gold for the two Gold rentals and doesn't have any VIIIs of their own.

I can't imagine it would mess up anyone who's already been participating in Frontline in that fashion, it basically prints credits.

I agree. I made a similar suggestion during the first week.  The 5 minute cool down only hurts whatever team your on and kills the fun for new accounts. 

FrozenKemp #4 Posted May 19 2019 - 20:18

Major

• Players
  • 51258 battles

View Postmlinke, on May 19 2019 - 13:24, said:

Why? Grind some or pay gold.

Well, because it's a detriment to the entire rest of the team. 

Waarheid #5 Posted May 19 2019 - 21:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15123 battles

Since the real goal of Frontline is to farm damage to gain ranks I can't see how being down a few tanks for a few minutes is a detriment to anyone but the player who died early and has no other tier 8 tanks. 

I do agree that there should be at least one more rental tank for credits, but then I also think the rentals should come with100% crews like the free tanks did during the initial rollout of Frontline. 

KaiserWilhelmShatner #6 Posted May 19 2019 - 22:57

Major

• Players
  • 16735 battles
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G

Another option would be to allow the player to rent during the battle.

Say player has 2 tier 8 tanks and both are on cool down, instead of having the player wait up to 5 min the player has the option to rent a tank for 10-20,000 silver on the spot.  

PTwr #7 Posted May 19 2019 - 23:42

Major

• Players
  • 44710 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA
Original FL run had three rentals for free with premium status for crew. But it was too good for players so it was removed.

Hellsfog #8 Posted May 20 2019 - 01:29

Major

• Players
  • 37626 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostWaarheid, on May 19 2019 - 15:43, said:

Since the real goal of Frontline is to farm damage to gain ranks I can't see how being down a few tanks for a few minutes is a detriment to anyone but the player who died early and has no other tier 8 tanks. 

I do agree that there should be at least one more rental tank for credits, but then I also think the rentals should come with100% crews like the free tanks did during the initial rollout of Frontline. 

You can't rejoin the match for 5 minutes (or longer depending on how fast you died), which is about third of the total game time and an eternity while you are starting at the screen.  While your tank is out, your team is short.  It's only one tank, true. However, if there are 5 players on your team in a similar situation, now it's 5 tanks. Now there may be nobody on your team with this issue or there could 10 since the teams are random. If WG let new players rent 2 or 3 tanks for credits, then this is a non-issue.

General_Greg101 #9 Posted May 22 2019 - 20:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16829 battles

View PostRunDownBlaster, on May 19 2019 - 10:01, said:

I agree this issue does need to be addressed. I've also, had several games where some players couldn't return, because they only had one tier VIII.

I'm on board with more rentals, perhaps even have ways for players to unlock rentals in-between episodes or during. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users