Hunt the Sheriffs Deputy Weekend Event - Most fun I've had in years.

Deputies Fun Event Sheriffs

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

xXTheGameAceXx #1 Posted May 20 2019 - 04:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11473 battles

Just wanted to talk about some of my experiences with being Deputy #90 for the Sheriffs event this weekend. Personally I've had an absolute blast, the most fun I've ever had on World of Tanks as a matter of fact. I believe after talking with quite a few, many if not most of my fellow deputies feel the same way.

It's not a perfect experience by any means, but it's still awesome! Every tank in the game available (with few exceptions), max skill crews, a massive gold and credits supply, and whenever we die we hand out some free gold like a nice pinata! I don't give out my gold easily, but it's always nice when someone manages the kill for some of it. Most of us especially enjoyed running lower tiers to hand out some gold to the newer players as little gifts and encouragement to keep up with the game.

Heck, while doing the event I even discovered new tanks I enjoy, that gold isn't all bad, and that apparently there's an aiming reticle built into the game the shows whether or not you should penetrate the armor, which I wish I'd known about ages ago, which has shown me all kinds of new weakspots I never knew about before, as well as how people seem to frequently nail me even when I think my armor should be good.

While it's a shame that I didn't get to earn any gold myself, it was still great (and honestly better still) giving it out and having a blast with the other deputies. Had a lot of great platoons, crazy tankers trying to YOLO for that juicy gold, and plenty of crazy matches. The event is coming to a close tonight at Midnight CST, and while it'll be nice to get back to making progress with my actual account (and a few settings changes), I'll definitely miss the fun we had with this event. Hope I get the chance to do this again sometime, and that in the future others will get a chance to have fun with this event as well! Would love to hear from my fellow deputies on here and what they thought too.

Shoutout to deputies 94, 21, 99, and Mountain Lion! :)

I'll see you all out on the battlefield! 07

Rawrlynn #2 Posted May 20 2019 - 04:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 32940 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

yeah has been a great event! I would love to be deputy more often.  Deput #91  gave out a bit of gold. (tried to give it out every game.... at the end of course when we were winning)    learned a lot of tanks I don't have yet, and set my sights on getting. 

even though I did spend part of the event in the hospital.. I came back and played it up as much as I could. 

the best part is getting in a nice super heavy and your team behind you and just push and watching as enemy yolo for the gold and watching them get wasted by your team.... never pays to rush people... hahaha

I hope even the people not deputized had fun with the event.  

WhineMaker #3 Posted May 20 2019 - 04:31

Major

• Players
  • 38579 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

The best tactic I found,  for the laughs, was to get spotted first, then watch the mini map flood with the red team to where I was initially spotted, and then appear again on the other side of the map. The after battle messages were PRICELESS. 

Thanx WG, for the opportunity to have so much fun!!!

haxmachine21 #4 Posted May 20 2019 - 04:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14963 battles
  • [S_T_P] S_T_P

Had a whole lot of fun with the 6-dozen battles I played as Deputy 75! I also discovered that I am quite skilled with the Strv m/42-57.....my next 3-Marking crusade, perhaps? ;) Time will tell....

EDIT: My last battle was a 3.6k damage game at top tier in the Strv. Time running out, so I went to try and cap.....lo and behold, an enemy KV-2 was waiting for me. Great game destroyed....can't carry them all. Looked at the situation later, and there would have been no way for me to flank him without being seen...kudos to him for picking a great defensive spot.

Edited by haxmachine21, May 20 2019 - 06:59.

MountainLion1 #5 Posted May 20 2019 - 05:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24976 battles
  • [TMBPK] TMBPK
We did have a blast with being Deputies in the Sheriffs event, what a great group of players I was honored to hit the battlefield with and give back to our NA community. As a long time player on the NA server this had to be by far the greatest experience I have had in WOT. The interaction with the NA players was the best part of this event for me, I was surprised at how many players would ask me how they could participate as a Deputy in a future event. I also received several thank you’s from players that received their gold. I played over 200 battles this weekend and gave out a truckload of gold. Now it is time for me to go back to my own account and hit that battle button, see y’all on the battlefield.

Edited by MountainLion1, May 20 2019 - 05:04.

WaywardChild #6 Posted May 20 2019 - 05:58

Captain

• Players
  • 38906 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
36 battles in the last 24 hours and never saw a one of you either Green or Red once. 

TboneOathKeeper #7 Posted May 20 2019 - 06:25

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29093 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX

Great Work Brother , nice to see players giving back and Having Fun doing it.  Hopefully your Goodwill spreads the player base.  Sadly , I have only seen maybe 5 to 6 sheriffs since the beginning.  I would love to be a Sheriff for a day.   I think having more events like that would only Help the player base.  Thank you and God Bless ……..

TboneOathKeeper

sparky_49 #8 Posted May 20 2019 - 07:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8859 battles

Yes it really was a lot of fun, I enjoyed it a lot and gave away quite a bit of gold to the players. Thanks Wargaming for the event, it was a great adventure for me and a nice bonus to the players.

Looking at my Deputy stats in WOTINFO I played 193 battles and survived 25.9%, so I gave away over 35K in gold.

Rocker_Box #9 Posted May 20 2019 - 09:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9136 battles

Only seen one that I remember this weekend, and I was rather surprised that my team went for the win rather then the deputy!

Even myself when it was a choice of hitting him one more time with my arty, that round went into the tank that posed the most danger to taking from us the win.

Maybe next time I'll be able to spare a little more attention, for the piggy bank on tracks ;)

Edited by Rocker_Box, May 20 2019 - 09:58.

Tokolosk #10 Posted May 20 2019 - 10:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12385 battles
  • [SADD] SADD
Must say it was quite fun, wish I could have played more!

ColonelShakes #11 Posted May 20 2019 - 10:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16469 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

Saw 2 deputies platooned on the weekend in tier 5 w standard OP tanks camping base.  We won anyways. 

Glad to hear in this thread they were hopefully in the minority, griefing new players and grinders.  

Filthywon #12 Posted May 20 2019 - 13:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19978 battles
  • [TINC] TINC
It was definitely a blast, the highlight for me was playing sheriff while on the enemy team there was a sheriff in a VK his name was Claus kellerman, we wound up facing off on Korellia ramming each other because we could not kill or shoot each other both being sheriff's my team flanked and killed him. ( Sorry Claus) it was a lot of fun. 

Vulcan_Spectre #13 Posted May 20 2019 - 13:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5506 battles
  • [TCM] TCM

View Posthaxmachine21, on May 19 2019 - 22:58, said:

Had a whole lot of fun with the 6-dozen battles I played as Deputy 75! I also discovered that I am quite skilled with the Strv m/42-57.....my next 3-Marking crusade, perhaps? ;) Time will tell....

EDIT: My last battle was a 3.6k damage game at top tier in the Strv. Time running out, so I went to try and cap.....lo and behold, an enemy KV-2 was waiting for me. Great game destroyed....can't carry them all. Looked at the situation later, and there would have been no way for me to flank him without being seen...kudos to him for picking a great defensive spot.

strv m/42-57 platoon when?

Also tagged with Deputies, Fun, Event, Sheriffs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users