Truly gaming Front Lines...Genius!

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

BUNNYHUGGERI #1 Posted May 20 2019 - 16:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 58504 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

Ok...I died...but I saw something odd.  There were 4 tanks banging away at each other in the back of the map after the map was lost long ago.  Two on each side...but they were not killing each other.  They would trade damage and then go to the healing circle and heal...actually they were right beside it.  This was on C map.  Then I happened to look at them closer...same clan.  WAIT A MINUTE...THEY ARE IN TEAM CHAT!!!!!

Yep....sink dropping then working in conjunction to maximize damage....can you guess the end ranks?

GENERALS.

You know it had to happen but man that seems dull as hell.  And yes I have the replay saved.  And yes...it was one of those top clans.  But that just proves a point that maybe they do play a bit better and smarter.

Discuss.

Thank you for your consideration.

SwollenOstrich #2 Posted May 20 2019 - 16:37

Captain

• Players
  • 24915 battles

I don't know if sharing the link would be naming and shaming ...

But if you did happen to post the link showing your own gameplay and some other people happened to look around at other players and notice something, well, it happens.

SporkBoy #3 Posted May 20 2019 - 16:37

Major

• Players
  • 48403 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Collusion is against the rules so submit a ticket with replay.

SwollenOstrich #4 Posted May 20 2019 - 16:46

Captain

• Players
  • 24915 battles

Sad thing is, it isn't THAT hard to get General by just playing according to the rules. 

GeorgePreddy #5 Posted May 20 2019 - 17:03

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

synch... not sink

Also, submit a ticket with the replay and telling what time in the replay this began... those guys should get a bit of a rude "reward" for their criminality.

:)

Guido1212 #6 Posted May 20 2019 - 17:16

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 81589 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostBUNNYHUGGERI, on May 20 2019 - 15:30, said:

Ok...I died...but I saw something odd.  There were 4 tanks banging away at each other in the back of the map after the map was lost long ago.  Two on each side...but they were not killing each other.  They would trade damage and then go to the healing circle and heal...actually they were right beside it.  This was on C map.  Then I happened to look at them closer...same clan.  WAIT A MINUTE...THEY ARE IN TEAM CHAT!!!!!

Yep....sink dropping then working in conjunction to maximize damage....can you guess the end ranks?

GENERALS.

You know it had to happen but man that seems dull as hell.  And yes I have the replay saved.  And yes...it was one of those top clans.  But that just proves a point that maybe they do play a bit better and smarter.

Discuss.

Replay?

Altwar #7 Posted May 20 2019 - 17:16

Major

• Players
  • 58452 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostSwollenOstrich, on May 20 2019 - 07:46, said:

Sad thing is, it isn't THAT hard to get General by just playing according to the rules. 

Not that hard to get a General.....for you that is.  Others might see it differently, especially as battles seem to end up with few generals as it is, especially with all these fast matches.   I for one, have yet to make general though I've come close several times.

As to the original topic, it does suck that players are trying to game the system but there are always those in every community.  Hopefully the OP has a video replay to submit to Wargaming.

_bishop_x #8 Posted May 20 2019 - 17:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42210 battles
  • [IXGD] IXGD

Why doesn't that surprise me?

mbrolin #9 Posted May 20 2019 - 17:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34040 battles

View PostSwollenOstrich, on May 20 2019 - 15:46, said:

No it isn't. I haven't made General once in over 100 hours of playing. It is very hard.

FastForward7 #10 Posted May 20 2019 - 17:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11619 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on May 20 2019 - 17:03, said:

synch... not sink

Also, submit a ticket with the replay and telling what time in the replay this began... those guys should get a bit of a rude "reward" for their criminality.

:)

I think you mean "sync". Ironic.

mbrolin #11 Posted May 20 2019 - 17:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34040 battles

View PostBUNNYHUGGERI, on May 20 2019 - 15:30, said:

GENERALS.

Discuss.

I say good for them. This Grind isn't worth it. So glad someone is sticking it to them.

g327 #12 Posted May 20 2019 - 17:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17483 battles

At first, I thought that the issue is not that big of an ish, but upon further review, I'm thinking that it may well be.

The behavior is clever but egregiously wrong. It is far outside of the bounds of being sportsmanlike. And it is definitely gaming the system.

They are, however, not directly hurting any fellow players (unless one believes that the primary goal in Frontlines is to successfully defend or destroy the Objectives instead of to rank up).

What they are doing is collusion. And although they are not negatively impacting fellow players, they are absolutely cheating WG out of the freebies and other benefits that WG rewards players for their presumed honest game play. Those freebies and other benefits have some level of dollar value because it would cost real money to purchase them, if it were possible to do so.

Meaning: they are committing a form of theft.

And now that the OP has brought this situation to light, other clan members will undoubtedly begin doing the same, if they have not already been doing so all along. And that could spread to the point where WG could eventually just pull the plug on the entire game, which negatively impacts the rest of us who play FL. 

So the question is, what to do about it?

You could report it as suggested by others here, and let WG deal with those involved.

You could do nothing more than what you have done (identified the issue here in the forum). And since all posts are monitored by WG staff, the moderator reading the initial post should pick up on the incident and forward the matter up the chain.

If WG deems that the matter is a rules infraction or presents itself as a potentially serious concern, they will take appropriate action. How? Perhaps by suspending or perma-banning the individuals identified in the battle, thus addressing the specific action- and/or by soliciting assistance from the general populace of users to provide them with downloads of similar actions, thus beginning to address the issue globally.  

Edited by g327, May 20 2019 - 17:26.

AverageWannabe #13 Posted May 20 2019 - 17:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7338 battles
LOL!! Love it. Would've paid to see that.

WhineMaker #14 Posted May 20 2019 - 17:25

Major

• Players
  • 38336 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

Let me take a wild guess here...

They all have T22's in their garage... :ohmy:

#RiggersGottaRig

omi5cron #15 Posted May 20 2019 - 17:26

Major

• Players
  • 23646 battles
any chance that any of those 4 have t22r tanks in their accounts? asking for a friend...

Winterpeger #16 Posted May 20 2019 - 17:39

Major

• Players
  • 52536 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Postg327, on May 20 2019 - 11:24, said:

If WG deems that the matter is a rules infraction or presents itself as a potentially serious concern, they will take appropriate action. How? Perhaps by suspending or perma-banning the individuals identified in the battle, thus addressing the specific action- and/or by soliciting assistance from the general populace of users to provide them with downloads of similar actions, thus beginning to address the issue globally.  

Were you around for the t22 fisaco?  WGNA basically did nothing with the players gaming the system... they all got to keep the tank.  It was brought to their attention and they let it continue.

CDNTankerjoe #17 Posted May 20 2019 - 17:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 76920 battles
post the replay please

spud_tuber #18 Posted May 20 2019 - 17:49

Major

• Players
  • 59050 battles
So, first. Replay?  It isn't name and shame to post a replay afaik, as long as you don't name anyone in the replay in your post. If you're worried about it though, feel free to convo me in game(where there is no name and shame rule) with a link to the replay.  I'll take any risks associated with making it public on the forums.

Second:

I see the T-22 has already entered the conversation.  I suppose that incident is why I'm tempted to give you the benefit of the doubt for now.  Still want that replay, though.  It's the only way to be sure.

Das_Reaper_1 #19 Posted May 20 2019 - 17:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12449 battles
  • [_BK_] _BK_

View PostSporkBoy, on May 20 2019 - 10:37, said:

Collusion is against the rules so submit a ticket with replay.

This^^^^ Breaking the rules is simply cheating and should have ban consequences

View Postmbrolin, on May 20 2019 - 11:20, said:

I say good for them. This Grind isn't worth it. So glad someone is sticking it to them.

You nutshell one of the issues with this game. While many of us play fair and struggle to get better there are types like you that condone cheating in the name of "sticking it to them" because you have issues with WGing

You're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem with the game ... Don't be that guy ... Rise above ffs

KRZYBooP #20 Posted May 20 2019 - 18:07

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3988 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Send me the replay and I will report it. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users