Lowest Rank FL Story

Frontline Rank

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Default_Alternative #1 Posted May 21 2019 - 03:01

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8333 battles

I was wondering what are some of the lowest rank achieved stories from Frontline players. I'll start off by sharing mine.

On average, I almost always obtain Lieutenant and occasionally Captain, so I'm not a fabulous player by any means, but one time I didn't make it through Private. I don't remember what tanks I started up with, but I was defending on the East side. First HT tank got ammo racked right away. Second tank was destroyed in the spawn by a scout and two mother loving TDs on the far East side. So now I'm down to my last tank without a long wait and I want back in the East side to seek revenge so I wait a minute then spawn in just as "C" falls. "C" never falls that quickly, but as you can tell, crapwas raining in buckets. I run my Skorpion G up to that bushy little area overlooking "F" base. RNG is messing with me, so hitting, let alone pinning, anything isn't happening. I pull back up to take a third shot and get creamed by arty strike or two or three. IDK since I was cussing a blue steak and trying like hell not to throw my mouse. After like 4 or more minutes my next tank arrives. Lorr 40t is going to make them pay, in cash and jewels so help me God!!! By now "F" has fallen, of course, why wouldn't it. Run my French autoloading butt back to #5 Turret, knock down a tree near the church and wait. 4 shells of redemption loaded and ready. Hello Mr Progetto. Time to DIE!!!   Boom = miss (under 300M and stationary target), [edited]. Boom = bounce (side shot), [edited]. Boom = miss (stationary target), fvck me. Boom = bounce (side shot), fvck me running. Me being a dumb as the day is long with uncontrolled rage didn't pull back behind the tree before unloading, so I get tracked and in short order, removed. Wait another 4 flipping minutes for my next tank and reassemble my mouse the best I can with Scotch tape. Spawn in with my 112 and only manage to catch up to one tank and put one shot in before the map ended in probably record time.   I didn't play again for a couple of days when my new mouse arrived from Amazon.

Omega_Weapon #2 Posted May 21 2019 - 04:52

Major

• Players
  • 53158 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
Never finished below Sargent, but anything below Captain is a disappointing finish in my opinion. One match went really bad for me and I died multiple times trying to light enemies or counter attack cappers, only to have the effort be wasted as nobody shot the lit targets or defended the caps with me. My last respawn was in the last minute of the game and I was still a little below Sargent rank, but was too far away from any enemy tanks to even get a shot at something in time. Just as the clock was about to run out the announcer said I had defended successfully and gave me that little bit of bonus XP to reach Sargent rank.

GeorgePreddy #3 Posted May 21 2019 - 05:04

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

I did get stuck at Sargent once or twice, still reached Prestige 6 early in episode 4.  Now I'm cruising til the end, just doing 1 Prestige per episode through September and I'm done.

Byracki #4 Posted May 21 2019 - 05:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32912 battles

Lowest I have ever had was a Sergeant game. ONCE

I consider Lieutenant or lower an utter failure. I've had probably 5 games this year at Lieutenant.

On a crap (read as short) game, I don't feel so bad about Captain.

On the average game, I feel Captain is barely tolerable.

Major is expected on all full length games.

Even 'bad' full length games there is no excuse for me to not get Major.

Whatever my rank is at the end, I don't really care because I'll just keep playing til I prestige up.

What grinds my gears is when I am like 1 or 2 shots from the next rank up and the match ends... then I am really pissed to be that little bit short!

Edited by Byracki, May 21 2019 - 05:29.

cloudwalkr #5 Posted May 21 2019 - 06:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56324 battles
I think I had a match where 3 people made captain and that was it.  Pretty sure it was a match where people flooded turrets as soon as they could.  Tons of time left...but they wanted to finish the match.

Atragon #6 Posted May 21 2019 - 11:30

Major

• Players
  • 43793 battles

Sargent being chased back to the bunkers by a team that didnt have a clue how to defend and wheelies sneaking thru to kill the bunkers.

I was stuck near cap trying to defend it twice while most of team sat back like Slack Jawed Yokels.

A team this bad was thankfully a rare event.

Edited by Atragon, May 21 2019 - 13:22.

Guido1212 #7 Posted May 21 2019 - 12:44

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 81554 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostDefault_Alternative, on May 21 2019 - 02:01, said:

I was wondering what are some of the lowest rank achieved stories from Frontline players. I'll start off by sharing mine.

On average, I almost always obtain Lieutenant and occasionally Captain, so I'm not a fabulous player by any means, but one time I didn't make it through Private. I don't remember what tanks I started up with, but I was defending on the East side. First HT tank got ammo racked right away. Second tank was destroyed in the spawn by a scout and two mother loving TDs on the far East side. So now I'm down to my last tank without a long wait and I want back in the East side to seek revenge so I wait a minute then spawn in just as "C" falls. "C" never falls that quickly, but as you can tell, crapwas raining in buckets. I run my Skorpion G up to that bushy little area overlooking "F" base. RNG is messing with me, so hitting, let alone pinning, anything isn't happening. I pull back up to take a third shot and get creamed by arty strike or two or three. IDK since I was cussing a blue steak and trying like hell not to throw my mouse. After like 4 or more minutes my next tank arrives. Lorr 40t is going to make them pay, in cash and jewels so help me God!!! By now "F" has fallen, of course, why wouldn't it. Run my French autoloading butt back to #5 Turret, knock down a tree near the church and wait. 4 shells of redemption loaded and ready. Hello Mr Progetto. Time to DIE!!!   Boom = miss (under 300M and stationary target), [edited]. Boom = bounce (side shot), [edited]. Boom = miss (stationary target), fvck me. Boom = bounce (side shot), fvck me running. Me being a dumb as the day is long with uncontrolled rage didn't pull back behind the tree before unloading, so I get tracked and in short order, removed. Wait another 4 flipping minutes for my next tank and reassemble my mouse the best I can with Scotch tape. Spawn in with my 112 and only manage to catch up to one tank and put one shot in before the map ended in probably record time.   I didn't play again for a couple of days when my new mouse arrived from Amazon.

Lol, man that’s rough!  Would have made a great Miserable Monday video!

My worst is Seargent and managed that a couple times, most notably while steaming.  Similar to your story, just kept getting waxed and missing:bouncing.  Plus it was one of those fast games on defense where the reds send a cloud of fast tanks through one corridor and win in 12 minutes.

TankFullOfBourbon #8 Posted May 21 2019 - 13:02

Major

• Players
  • 30565 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6
As I don't play FL (repetitive stuff drives me bonkers) I guess I'm not even enlisted which would be below Private.

Also tagged with Frontline, Rank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users