What world of tanks needs right now.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Maverick_Games #1 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 4739 battles
  • [194TH] 194TH

before I say anything, I'm going to admit a couple of things that I know for a fact are going to get said weather i like it or not.

i am crap. I have a 46% win rate, and although at times I can hold my own weight, most of the time i cant seem to hit the broad side of a barn from the inside. I may have over 4k battles played and have played wot ever since there were only 4 nations, but a lot of that time I was playing in middle school with less than 2 brain cells to rub together, and had a computer from 2000 and a rats nest full of viruses because, well..... I'm crap.

Heres where I start if you want to skip me talking about how crap i am:

now that that's out of the way, on to my point. NO, this is not a rant, this is constructive criticism (or at least attempted constructive criticism XD) and I'm hoping others will chime in.

everyone can accept the fact that World of Tanks is not a perfect game, at least not unironically, but everyone has diffrent ways of thinking, and therefore everyone has a slightly different way of "how to make the game better". welp, here are mine, and im going to try to put as much thought into my choices as possible, but as I said, I'm kind of crap.... so here we go....

#1: encouraging team play.

I feel like this is the hardest to achieve, but i feel like its not impossible, so ill put this at my #1. Im going to talk about world of warships which has a compliment system but only seems to do 2 things: jack, and crap(at least at the moment, but correct me if im wrong :P). Here's my suggestion: create a compliment system and back it up with some kind of reward system. one of The problem making this decision difficult being wargaming and their willingness (or maybe lack of, but, constructive criticism here...) to give up premium items to support team play. But, lets say they do decide to implement this, that means players at higher tiers are more encouraged to support each other, instead of rushing out and only thinking of themselves.

"how do you get people to complement others? no one is going to do it if there's nothing in it for them!"

Think of this idea like a betting system, only both parties win. If someone complements a certain player, and that player (insert option here. its an idea, but its not perfect), the people who complimented him will be rewarded accordingly. this both rewards a good player willing to support their team, and players willing to support other players.

"how do we make sure people don't spam them with their friends"

Maybe 1 complement per player, per game? Maybe platoon mates cant compliment each other because their already teamed up? again, suggestions, its not perfect, but its a start.

I could go into how xvm affects this but im going to stay out of that can of worms....

#2 remove or modify friendly fire:

again, going to world of warships for this one. That game has a ff system that has boundaries regarding damage (unlike wot which is unrestricted). I feel like a friendly fire system like this would be good for world of tanks with little consequence. this also encourages arty's to watch their fire, and definitely keeps team mates from killing others.

Those were the 2 major ones (aside from the others that have been stated many a time already), here are the others that could help indirectly make the game smoother.

#3: xp loot boxes... WAIT WAIT WAIT! dont kill me, ill explain! i swear!

seeing how paid loot boxes are banned in some countries, and that this is a controversial topic, ill make my explanation short.

(i already know that there are already loot boxes in the game on holidays, but im skipping past those. if there are any others im forgetting, let me know.) XP loot boxes: loot boxes that are only earned with the accumulation of xp. wargaming would probably monetize it anyway, but its better than nothing, and you don't necessarily need to buy the loot boxes, you can just earn them. Again, look at wows, loot boxes have xp, credits, and other things that can make the grind more bearable.

#4: make camouflage that does more than just decreases detectability.

again, look at world of warships. the camouflage gives an increase in credits, xp, commander xp, and more.

I think that's about it for me, and the post is getting too long as it is. Let me know what you think. Not saying that wargaming has to see this, but it will at least start a conversation. (although its not like im the first one I'm sure lol)

now im going to step away from my keyboard... my fingers are tired because of the 40 minutes of typing. -_-

LeaveIT2Beaver #2 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 36721 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

Oh I know what World of Tanks needs - it needs love

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, May 21 2019 - 21:59.

madogthefirst #3 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:54

Major

• Players
  • 24221 battles
#4 is an idea that can go die in a fire. 

Maverick_Games #4 Posted May 21 2019 - 22:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 4739 battles
  • [194TH] 194TH

View Postmadogthefirst, on May 21 2019 - 21:54, said:

#4 is an idea that can go die in a fire. 

Why is that? the way i see it, adding camo that increases the ammount of xp and credits in a battle will help out with the grind, especially if your grinding through a stock tank with few alternatives. but thats just me.

_Tsavo_ #5 Posted May 21 2019 - 22:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45209 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

#1 agree.   A reward merit/demerit system would be nice.   Would need some limits to stop abuse, but like the idea. 

#2 agree.  Though not entirely with removal of damage, but some form of self inflicted damage after 1 shot.   Accidents happen and the fines cover those well enough.   

#3 agree-ish.  We have a similar reward system but it's a bit random.   The botes XP boxes would be nice, with limits.   The current reward system would need to go 

#4:  maybe?  Nothing that would increase vehicle capability but exp, credits, crew exp, free exp multipliers would be nice 

goldfinger_555 #6 Posted May 21 2019 - 23:19

Captain

• Players
  • 27388 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC
Its whether not weather. :)

mlinke #7 Posted May 21 2019 - 23:22

Captain

• Players
  • 52792 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
Find someone to put you as a recruit. My started with 35 wr, Now the guy is on 49 percent. We won him a tier 7 tank too. You will enjoy game much more.

Edited by mlinke, May 21 2019 - 23:23.

BigDollarBillz #8 Posted May 21 2019 - 23:34

Major

• Players
  • 38502 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
On 4 we already have boosters that do all of that pretty much. Plus with ships you only have one crew member if I remember right. But I agree with 1, 2 and 3.

madogthefirst #9 Posted May 22 2019 - 00:10

Major

• Players
  • 24221 battles

View PostBigDollarBillz, on May 21 2019 - 14:34, said:

On 4 we already have boosters that do all of that pretty much. Plus with ships you only have one crew member if I remember right. But I agree with 1, 2 and 3.

You only have 1 captain there are hundreds of crew.

WileyCat #10 Posted May 22 2019 - 03:21

Major

• Players
  • 31092 battles
  • [ALL] ALL

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 21 2019 - 15:35, said:

#1 agree.   A reward merit/demerit system would be nice.   Would need some limits to stop abuse, but like the idea. 

#2 agree.  Though not entirely with removal of damage, but some form of self inflicted damage after 1 shot.   Accidents happen and the fines cover those well enough.   

#3 agree-ish.  We have a similar reward system but it's a bit random.   The botes XP boxes would be nice, with limits.   The current reward system would need to go 

#4:  maybe?  Nothing that would increase vehicle capability but exp, credits, crew exp, free exp multipliers would be nice 

same opinions here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users