Jump to content


Why has friendly fire, pushing, ramming not been eliminated from the game yet?


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Phil_Can #1 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:24

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 50084 battles
  • 119
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

Hello Everyone,

 

I would like to know if Wargaming is doing anything about eliminating the following:

 

1.  shooting friendly tanks

2.  pushing friendly tanks off cliffs or into enemy line of fire and ramming friendly tanks.

 

I know that shooting friendly tanks will get your a short ban for 1 hr or 24 hrs but I don't think you get permanently banned.

 

In regards to pushing tanks or ramming them I believe there is no penalty at all.

 

In my opinion the above concerns should be eliminated from the game except the ability to help push over a friendly tank if it's sideways or flipped over.  Other than that pushing or ramming friendly tanks or shooting friendly tanks should be removed from the game altogether. 

 

It's never fun having someone from your own team shoot you, ram you, or push you off a cliff or into enemy fire.

 

The small compensation of credits is not good enough.  What about my player rating and my wasted premium time, consumables etc.?

 

 

 

 



LeaveIT2Beaver #2 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:27

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 37362 battles
  • 9,955
  • [J4F] J4F
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014


WhineMaker #3 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 38300 battles
  • 6,276
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

Oh the horror, not a hit to your precious stats... :ohmy:

 

 

 

Is anyone supposed to actually care about your precious stats? :facepalm:



Sic_Transit_Gloria #4 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:29

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 16329 battles
  • 219
  • Member since:
    11-18-2014
I think eliminating friendly fire is a good idea. I bet it would lower the number of tickets wg has to deal with, too.

dnaman #5 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:32

    Captain

  • Players
  • 32299 battles
  • 1,845
  • [CRZY] CRZY
  • Member since:
    06-09-2013

Eliminating friendly fire will lead to people not worrying at all about their shots.  Arty can rain right on top of his teammates because there is no consequence.  There should be some thought involved in the game.  

 

Secondly, you’d have griefers pushing people into walls, etc and no recourse of any sort like I witnessed in Frontlines.



RHeadshot #6 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:32

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 5701 battles
  • 1,190
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018

View PostPhil_Can, on May 21 2019 - 21:24, said:

Hello Everyone,

 

I would like to know if Wargaming is doing anything about eliminating the following:

 

1.  shooting friendly tanks

2.  pushing friendly tanks off cliffs or into enemy line of fire and ramming friendly tanks.

 

I know that shooting friendly tanks will get your a short ban for 1 hr or 24 hrs but I don't think you get permanently banned.

 

In regards to pushing tanks or ramming them I believe there is no penalty at all.

 

In my opinion the above concerns should be eliminated from the game except the ability to help push over a friendly tank if it's sideways or flipped over.  Other than that pushing or ramming friendly tanks or shooting friendly tanks should be removed from the game altogether.

 

It's never fun having someone from your own team shoot you, ram you, or push you off a cliff or into enemy fire.

 

The small compensation of credits is not good enough.  What about my player rating and my wasted premium time, consumables etc.?

 

 

 

 

 

Pushing tanks can get punished if you send in a ticket for physics abuse with a replay.  Not sure how you think WG would be able to figure out how to program the game to prevent any pushing that isn't helpful to a teammate though, given they have trouble programming updates that don't screw up things in game.

Plays_With_Matches #7 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 29734 battles
  • 2,995
  • [K-H] K-H
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostSic_Transit_Gloria, on May 21 2019 - 15:29, said:

I think eliminating friendly fire is a good idea. I bet it would lower the number of tickets wg has to deal with, too.

 

It would just open up a pile of new issues with arty dropping bombs on enemies with friendly in close quarters combat.

Garandster #8 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:41

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6134 battles
  • 1,246
  • Member since:
    04-12-2018
Pushing tanks is physics abuse and if you send in a replay they will have to deal with repercussions. There is no way to stop people from pushing you or bumping in to you without somehow removing friendly tank physics against each other. I am personally fine with keeping friendly fire, the last time I was shot by a team mate intentionally was over 1k battles ago. Getting rid of friendly fire or physics won't stop the trolls, they will now be able to push, shove, block, and shot you to be distracting without repercussion.

GWyatt #9 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:53

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4084 battles
  • 436
  • [VAN] VAN
  • Member since:
    11-23-2015

View PostRHeadshot, on May 21 2019 - 15:32, said:

 

Pushing tanks can get punished if you send in a ticket for physics abuse with a replay.  Not sure how you think WG would be able to figure out how to program the game to prevent any pushing that isn't helpful to a teammate though, given they have trouble programming updates that don't screw up things in game.

 

View PostGarandster, on May 21 2019 - 15:41, said:

Pushing tanks is physics abuse and if you send in a replay they will have to deal with repercussions. There is no way to stop people from pushing you or bumping in to you without somehow removing friendly tank physics against each other. I am personally fine with keeping friendly fire, the last time I was shot by a team mate intentionally was over 1k battles ago. Getting rid of friendly fire or physics won't stop the trolls, they will now be able to push, shove, block, and shot you to be distracting without repercussion.

 

^^ These. Cabbagemechanic and Tragicloss, from WGNA office, have a stream on Tuesdays and Thursdays that I try and catch. They have stated over and over the turning these abuses in as tickets do get results, might not be exactly what you would like, but the NA office is doing something about it.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #10 Posted May 21 2019 - 22:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 16771 battles
  • 4,809
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO
  • Member since:
    03-03-2012

It works in Frontline.

You also have the option there to hold J and get a new tank to away from the [edited].



Phil_Can #11 Posted May 21 2019 - 22:20

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 50084 battles
  • 119
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View Postdnaman, on May 21 2019 - 20:32, said:

Eliminating friendly fire will lead to people not worrying at all about their shots.  Arty can rain right on top of his teammates because there is no consequence.  There should be some thought involved in the game.  

 

Secondly, you’d have griefers pushing people into walls, etc and no recourse of any sort like I witnessed in Frontlines.

 

Wargaming could implement it so when a player aims his shot and if it's a friendly tank and the player fires the shot does not happen.  In other words the shell does not leave his tank/arty.  Arty can't shoot unless it's safe to do so.  Like how the aim indicator turns green or whatever color when it's ok to shoot.
 

We could have the following colors:

 

Red = unlikely to penetrate

Orange = may penetrate

Green = likely to penetrate

Purple =  gun does not shoot because a friendly tank will get shot or hurt.

 

 

 

 



the_dude_76 #12 Posted May 21 2019 - 22:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 34161 battles
  • 5,131
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on May 21 2019 - 14:27, said:

 

And yet you cared enough to take the time to post this...

Goat_Rodeo #13 Posted May 21 2019 - 22:34

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • 1,570
  • [DHO4] DHO4
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

The issue with the ramming and pushing out friendly tanks into enemy fire is how to prove it wasn’t just an accidental laspse in concentration vs. the you’re in my spot now I kill you moment. You have to send in the replay for WG to review. I can remember years a go in Blitz when they took away team fire, the number of troll griefers who would just park in front of you became legion...it was much worse than friendly fire. It got to the point where you were sending in 3 and 4 replays with tickets on a weekend. After doing that so many times I realized I was spending well over an hour policing their game for them. At least with TK dickholes there’s an automated system to make sure they have a little break. 

I think if you keep up team damage over a given time, the fines and penalties should increase. 

 

 



Phil_Can #14 Posted May 21 2019 - 22:45

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 50084 battles
  • 119
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View PostGarandster, on May 21 2019 - 20:41, said:

Pushing tanks is physics abuse and if you send in a replay they will have to deal with repercussions. There is no way to stop people from pushing you or bumping in to you without somehow removing friendly tank physics against each other. I am personally fine with keeping friendly fire, the last time I was shot by a team mate intentionally was over 1k battles ago. Getting rid of friendly fire or physics won't stop the trolls, they will now be able to push, shove, block, and shot you to be distracting without repercussion.

 

If you make friendly tanks invincible from friendly fire and being pushed or shoved in any way (You are aimed in and ready to shoot but a friendly tank bumps you so you miss your shot)  it would be better for everyone. The friendly tanks can only block your shot by getting in front of you if friendly tanks were invincible.  The friendly tank could get an in game indicator that his/her tank is blocking a shot within a certain radius and only if the enemy tanks is lit and spotted.  The friendly tank would also have a timer to move his tank before he will get some sort of penalty.  The penalty could be either less credits, less experience etc.  Worse case scenario the timer is like the timer if your about to drown... you get 10 seconds.  If you don't do something to rectify the problem you are eliminated.

 

Wargaming could also have an indicator to show the player how many complaints they have against them in the garage screen but only Wargaming and the player can see this information.  Wargaming could also have a reward system where players with low complaints against them get certain rewards. 

 

 

 



RHeadshot #15 Posted May 21 2019 - 22:48

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 5701 battles
  • 1,190
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018

View Postthe_dude_76, on May 21 2019 - 22:33, said:

 

And yet you cared enough to take the time to post this...

 

That's what trolls do.

Phil_Can #16 Posted May 21 2019 - 22:57

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 50084 battles
  • 119
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View Postthe_dude_76, on May 21 2019 - 21:33, said:

 

And yet you cared enough to take the time to post this...

 

And you took the time to post twice a post with no constructive ideas to make the game better.  Maybe you're the person who rams, pushes and team kills and really makes the game frustrating for other players who eventually leave the game due to your sickness in getting pleasure out of other people's misery.  So please stop trolling my post.

tod914 #17 Posted May 21 2019 - 23:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 64659 battles
  • 6,674
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View PostPhil_Can, on May 21 2019 - 15:24, said:

Hello Everyone,

 

I would like to know if Wargaming is doing anything about eliminating the following:

 

1.  shooting friendly tanks

2.  pushing friendly tanks off cliffs or into enemy line of fire and ramming friendly tanks.

 

 

They are.

 

Spoiler

 



SLICK_67 #18 Posted May 22 2019 - 00:08

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 44884 battles
  • 258
  • [4HIM2] 4HIM2
  • Member since:
    09-26-2012
Does this happen to you a lot?

Phil_Can #19 Posted May 22 2019 - 00:13

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 50084 battles
  • 119
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View PostSLICK_67, on May 21 2019 - 23:08, said:

Does this happen to you a lot?

 

Happens enough for me to take the time to write a forum post.  So yes it happens.

WhineMaker #20 Posted May 22 2019 - 00:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 38300 battles
  • 6,276
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostSic_Transit_Gloria, on May 21 2019 - 12:29, said:

I think eliminating friendly fire is a good idea. I bet it would lower the number of tickets wg has to deal with, too.

View PostPlays_With_Matches, on May 21 2019 - 12:40, said:

 

It would just open up a pile of new issues with arty dropping bombs on enemies with friendly in close quarters combat.

 

 

Just imagine how many teammates I could make look STUNNING, if friendly fire were removed... :girl:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users