Why has friendly fire, pushing, ramming not been eliminated from the game yet?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

heavymetal1967 #21 Posted May 22 2019 - 00:54

Major

• Players
  • 70283 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/world-of-tanks-developers-qa-march-2019/

Are plans to tackle team damage issues, both involving arty and in general?

We tried it disabling team damage in Frontline and now plan larger testing. If it works out, chances are high that team damage will be disabled for good in the 2nd half of 2019.

ChaseR392 #22 Posted May 22 2019 - 00:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5719 battles

View PostPlays_With_Matches, on May 21 2019 - 21:40, said:

It would just open up a pile of new issues with arty dropping bombs on enemies with friendly in close quarters combat.

^^^^^ This.

And the damage farmers spamming shots at the tank you are fighting from halfway across the map because there is no consequences if they hit you instead.

Or the the griefer who just spends the entire battle shooting and pushing you without damage just to be a troll...

If you shoot friendly tanks by accident.... aim better... or maybe not take that crazy long range shot if friendlies are near by. Learn to accept the fact that everybody will occasionally hit a friendly tank by accident... whether it be you hitting someone or someone hitting you.

As far as intentional TKs? Well... in 4700 battles I've been TK'd twice. Had a couple of jerks shove me out of their favorite spot but nothing crazy, and maybe 1 or 2 trolls just giving their entire team a hard time. If you get TK'd constantly I ask what is the one constant in every one of those battles????

Edited by ChaseR392, May 22 2019 - 01:07.

heavymetal1967 #23 Posted May 22 2019 - 01:02

Major

• Players
  • 70283 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Oh almost forgot.  

Fire, pushing and ramming?

Spoiler

Phil_Can #24 Posted May 22 2019 - 01:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 46633 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

View PostChaseR392, on May 21 2019 - 23:57, said:

^^^^^ This.

And the damage farmers spamming shots at the tank you are fighting from halfway across the map because there is no consequences if they hit you instead.

Or the the griefer who just spends the entire battle shooting and pushing you without damage just to be a troll...

If you shoot friendly tanks by accident.... aim better... or maybe not take that crazy long range shot if friendlies are near by. Learn to accept the fact that everybody will occasionally hit a friendly tank by accident... whether it be you hitting someone or someone hitting you.

As far as intentional TKs? Well... in 4700 battles I've been TK'd twice. Had a couple of jerks shove me out of their favorite spot but nothing crazy, and maybe 1 or 2 trolls just giving their entire team a hard time. If you get TK'd constantly I ask what is the one constant in every one of those battles????

I can only restate the following:

If you make friendly tanks invincible from friendly fire and being pushed or shoved in any way (You are aimed in and ready to shoot but a friendly tank bumps you so you miss your shot)  it would be better for everyone. The friendly tanks can only block your shot by getting in front of you if friendly tanks were invincible.  The friendly tank could get an in game indicator that his/her tank is blocking a shot within a certain radius and only if the enemy tanks is lit and spotted.  The friendly tank would also have a timer to move his tank before he will get some sort of penalty.  The penalty could be either less credits, less experience etc.  Worse case scenario the timer is like the timer if your about to drown... you get 10 seconds.  If you don't do something to rectify the problem you are eliminated.

Wargaming could also have an indicator to show the player how many complaints they have against them in the garage screen but only Wargaming and the player can see this information.  Wargaming could also have a reward system where players with low complaints against them get certain rewards. 

Team killing, Team damage, Shoving and pushing friendly tanks has no part in the game whatsoever.  You have not given any reason why Wargaming should keep such a feature in the game. 

Team killing, Team damage, Shoving and pushing friendly tanks may happen in real life but this game is far from real. 

24cups #25 Posted May 22 2019 - 02:40

Major

• Players
  • 24054 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
How could you make pushing impossible  ?
What if you flip on your side.  Guess no one can flip you back because that involves pushing.
What about pushing slower tanks uphill  ?
Can't do that anymore.
What about pushing a dead teammate to use as cover ? Nope.

Think of all the consequences before you ask for a change.

Rimrender #26 Posted May 22 2019 - 03:30

Captain

• Players
  • 8013 battles
  • [SCARY] SCARY
Never remove freindly fire. Someone's lack of trigger control is their problem.

FastForward7 #27 Posted May 22 2019 - 03:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11157 battles

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on May 21 2019 - 21:27, said:

You know the screwed up part? You should care. I bet you've sunk fair chunk of coin into this game, and even if you personally haven't plenty of people on NA have. Their investment in this game is only secured by people continuing to play, which means people wanting to play. That means not driving new and existing players off because of childish griefers. 

If that doesn't move you, how about this; You're a 71 year old man on the internet responding to reasonable concerns with childish responses. You don't have to act 71, but I'd try shooting for at least 30, in terms of maturity. Or maybe 37. Half your age plus seven, and all that. 

RHeadshot #28 Posted May 22 2019 - 13:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3891 battles

View PostFastForward7, on May 22 2019 - 03:38, said:

You know the screwed up part? You should care. I bet you've sunk fair chunk of coin into this game, and even if you personally haven't plenty of people on NA have. Their investment in this game is only secured by people continuing to play, which means people wanting to play. That means not driving new and existing players off because of childish griefers.

If that doesn't move you, how about this; You're a 71 year old man on the internet responding to reasonable concerns with childish responses. You don't have to act 71, but I'd try shooting for at least 30, in terms of maturity. Or maybe 37. Half your age plus seven, and all that.

You lost all credibility when you claimed that players spending money on the game are investing in it.

the_dude_76 #29 Posted May 22 2019 - 15:13

Major

• Players
  • 33396 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostPhil_Can, on May 21 2019 - 15:57, said:

And you took the time to post twice a post with no constructive ideas to make the game better.  Maybe you're the person who rams, pushes and team kills and really makes the game frustrating for other players who eventually leave the game due to your sickness in getting pleasure out of other people's misery.  So please stop trolling my post.

Awwww, someone doesn't understand how internet forums work... How cute...

View PostPhil_Can, on May 21 2019 - 17:13, said:

Happens enough for me to take the time to write a forum post.  So yes it happens.

Can't even remember the last time something like this happened to me so shocker, we're not getting the whole story as usual. 

TL/DR OP post- "I like to be a tool and jerk to my teammates but when I am they shoot me and push me out of cover. Since these things ruin my ability to troll people they should be removed from the game"

Jryder #30 Posted May 22 2019 - 17:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13910 battles

View Postdnaman, on May 21 2019 - 12:32, said:

Eliminating friendly fire will lead to people not worrying at all about their shots.  Arty can rain right on top of his teammates because there is no consequence.  There should be some thought involved in the game.  

Secondly, you’d have griefers pushing people into walls, etc and no recourse of any sort like I witnessed in Frontlines.

1) "Eliminating friendly fire will lead to people not worrying at all about their shots."

That's a load of crap. Every player tries to hit every single shot they attempt. The number of pin-hole shot attempts that inadvertently hit a friendly is tiny.  I pay little attention to my shots hitting friendlies and it rarely if ever happens. And why should anyone have to worry about their shots in the first place? Are we trying to discourage shooting the enemy?

2) "Arty can rain right on top of his teammates because there is no consequence."

Arty rears it's ugly head again. Probably best to just remove it from the game and solve it's problems entirely. Then again, as much as I dislike arty, no reason they should have to constantly hold back useful shots either. If I want them to target somebody, I want them to target him, not have to sit on their hands waiting for a Safe Space in which to fire.

3) "There should be some thought involved in the game.  "

The idea that FF is somehow a central factor behind using your brain in this game is just ridiculous. 99.9999999% of the thinking that goes on in battle (and there is a substantial amount of thinking/strategizing/planning that goes on in a battle) has bupkus to do with worrying about FF shots. 

Doubt any of this? Look at FL. No FF there. I don't get hit by a friendly even once a day, and when I do, it is often because that guy does it intentionally to get my attention. In Randoms as well as FL, people pull up on taking shots NOT because of any FF penalty, but because the shot might get blocked-THAT'S what people care about. FF is simply bonus BS that serves no function except to irritate people.

FF serves absolutely no useful purpose unless you consider enabling griefing a 'useful purpose'.

As for the other stuff, not sure how to separate unintentional ramming damage from intentional griefing. Doubt it can be done.

grandthefttankV #31 Posted May 22 2019 - 19:53

Major

• Players
  • 34953 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View PostJryder, on May 22 2019 - 16:03, said

That's a load of crap. Every player tries to hit every single shot they attempt. The number of pin-hole shot attempts that inadvertently hit a friendly is tiny.  I pay little attention to my shots hitting friendlies and it rarely if ever happens. And why should anyone have to worry about their shots in the first place? Are we trying to discourage shooting the enemy?

Bro you only have one tier 10 and three tier 9s. Your only tier 10 has ONE GAME in it. Please offer your opinion after youve graduated from tier 5. Of course you dont care about aiming. At the tiers you play pretty much every round is a pen.

The idea that FF is somehow a central factor behind using your brain in this game is just ridiculous. 99.9999999% of the thinking that goes on in battle (and there is a substantial amount of thinking/strategizing/planning that goes on in a battle)

Hahahaha really? Most players on the servers can barely find the W key, let alone master chess.

has bupkus to do with worrying about FF shots. 

Maybe at tier 5. Try being so cavalier playing an FV4005 and see how quickly you get autobanned.

Doubt any of this? Look at FL. No FF there. I don't get hit by a friendly even once a day, and when I do, it is often because that guy does it intentionally to get my attention.

The FL map is also 9x the size of a normal map

In Randoms as well as FL, people pull up on taking shots NOT because of any FF penalty, but because the shot might get blocked-THAT'S what people care about. FF is simply bonus BS that serves no function except to irritate people. FF serves absolutely no useful purpose unless you consider enabling griefing a 'useful purpose'.

FF encourages people not to be wasteful with their shots. Especially at higher tiers (which is clearly alien to you) it is vital to aim properly, as your reload could be 15 or more seconds. Spraying and praying may be OK at tier 2, where you hang out all day, but that kind of liberal approach to using shells will cost your team the game at anything above tier 6. FF enforces trigger discipline and drives home the importance if marksmanship in this game.

As for the other stuff, not sure how to separate unintentional ramming damage from intentional griefing. Doubt it can be done.

So you must love it when griefers do this in FL right?

spud_tuber #32 Posted May 22 2019 - 21:37

Major

• Players
  • 56797 battles

View PostWhineMaker, on May 21 2019 - 17:34, said:

It would just open up a pile of new issues with arty dropping bombs on enemies with friendly in close quarters combat.

Just imagine how many teammates I could make look STUNNING, if friendly fire were removed... :girl:

If they eliminate friendly fire, they need to include the elimination of friendly stunts as well, imo.

SquishySupreme #33 Posted May 22 2019 - 23:41

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2745 battles
The difference between FF on and off in other FPS games is stark and dramatic.  You have players who take the time to aim and work out strategies and become skilled to 50 IQ points lower game-play in FF off mode - just spam bullets and explosives everywhere, run and gun and act like idiots.   I have more than 2/3 of my battles so far having received battle buddy medals.  I hit an ally once in maybe 15 or 20 games, and I'm not the best player by far.  Mostly with Artillery.  I simply do NOT hit my allies.

Nothing is broken, move along.  

If they remove FF, I and many players will simply leave forever as the game will have devolved into basically everyone else's FPS YOYO twitch-fest piece of garbage.  FF and attention to your shots is almost unique to WG's games and it's a major reason that sets them apart.  

Edited by SquishySupreme, May 22 2019 - 23:44.

AnArmyofBun #34 Posted May 23 2019 - 00:08

Major

• Players
  • 11950 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
Is Friendly Fire that big of an issue?  The last time I shot a friendly was when he pulled right in front of me when I fired.  So like.  Once in..I dunno..a ton of games?  How do you guys keep shooting each other?

WR104 #35 Posted May 23 2019 - 00:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 12252 battles
I like the idea of friendly fire doesn't do dmg but will still give you a fine but their's no compensation for the reciever.  As for the intentional blockers and pushers you will need to send in a ticket with replay.

RHeadshot #36 Posted May 23 2019 - 12:32

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3891 battles

View PostAnArmyofBun, on May 23 2019 - 00:08, said:

Is Friendly Fire that big of an issue?  The last time I shot a friendly was when he pulled right in front of me when I fired.  So like.  Once in..I dunno..a ton of games?  How do you guys keep shooting each other?

The people complaining about friendly fire are likely the ones who are mouthing off to teammates and being rude idiots, and as a result teammates are willing to intentionally shoot them.  Unfortunately, WG doesn't really care about enforcing their rules against that behavior, so the only options against the trollers, grievers, and jerks is to put up with the childish behavior, shoot them, or just quit in the middle of the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users