Block Pingers and the Dead Players in Chat

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Warador #1 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6019 battles

I know I have seen some post that states, bring back messaging the other team. Frankly, that should never happen. Frankly, it should eliminate dead players from communicating at all.

My request to WOT:

1. Eliminate the ability for players who have died to chat or ping the map. Your dead, don't tell us how to play, when you lost your chance to show you playing abilities. Frankly, it's my tank, if you care that much, join a clan and platoon with them.

2. Eliminate pinging past a certain, number. No more than 5 pings in 1 minute or 2 minutes.

Just played a match, where the guy pinged the map continuously for the last 2 - 3 minutes of battle, and he was dead!

Played a match yesterday, where a dead team mate, spent the last half of the match telling his team, 'good luck with the loss' and how much they suck, etc...etc.

Sadly, it seems there is no way to block those players until the game is over.

Really, why do some of you play? You seem to hate everyone that doesn't play the way you want to and expect everyone to play the way you dictate.

I have 2 'friends' and 52 on my black list, I am not even going into people sending hate messages, instead of something constructive that I can take to heart.

Please WOT eliminate chat from the dead and insistent pinging.

Thank you,

Warador - A very average player

dnaman #2 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:30

Captain

• Players
  • 31866 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
Ignore any toxicity.  It’s not really all that hard.  There are many times a good player will impart information about how much health the enemy tank had left, etc.  I’d much rather have that and just ignore the morons than lose that knowledge due to people being incapable of ignoring rants.  

FMC4728 #3 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 27040 battles

View PostWarador, on May 21 2019 - 15:26, said:

I know I have seen some post that states, bring back messaging the other team. Frankly, that should never happen. Frankly, it should eliminate dead players from communicating at all.

My request to WOT:

1. Eliminate the ability for players who have died to chat or ping the map. Your dead, don't tell us how to play, when you lost your chance to show you playing abilities. Frankly, it's my tank, if you care that much, join a clan and platoon with them.

2. Eliminate pinging past a certain, number. No more than 5 pings in 1 minute or 2 minutes.

Just played a match, where the guy pinged the map continuously for the last 2 - 3 minutes of battle, and he was dead!

Played a match yesterday, where a dead team mate, spent the last half of the match telling his team, 'good luck with the loss' and how much they suck, etc...etc.

Really, why do some of you play? You seem to hate everyone that doesn't play the way you want to and expect everyone to play the way you dictate.

I have 2 'friends' and 52 on my black list, I am not even going into people sending hate messages, instead of something constructive that I can take to heart.

Thank you,

Warador - A very average player

Most if it, if not all, can be eliminated as things sit now.  There's mods that block incessant pinging.  In battle hover over the ping messages, etc.  an "x" will appear on the very left side of the message, click that and player is blocked for battle.  In garage, go to settings, and block messages for all, just friends, etc.

bravo9er #4 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24102 battles
So you know that you can block the ping spammer by hitting CTRL, putting the cursor on one of the the ping spammer's message in the chat window and hitting the red X next to his name, right?

GWyatt #5 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:47

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3835 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

Yes, dead Generals can be irritating, but I will admit that I've had several battles where a dead General gave good advice/suggestions for something I was too drilled into shooting to see. I hate the toxic ones but those occasional gems make it worth putting up with it (and I'm growing my block list for those I can't put up with.)

As far as pinging from the zombies, some has value so it needs to be allowed, but I agree that there should be a limit on how many in a period of time. Those with real information to ping, tend to use it judicially anyway, so it would not affect them. I've been thinking about adding the ping limiting mod myself.

VetteTanker #6 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:52

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 54324 battles
  • [-TSM-] -TSM-

the tank is dead NOT the crew, they all get out....lol..................Seriously I agree with the ping issue, but I just right click and block them

StrachwitzPzGraf #7 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 40766 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO
I block excess pingers -- but dead players can help the team -- if their not just being jerks... 

YANKEE137 #8 Posted May 21 2019 - 22:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 13335 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
1 Ping = 1,000 credits. First ping is free.

__WarChild__ #9 Posted May 21 2019 - 22:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 29435 battles

In the last 2 days, I've helped guide 3 of my teams to victory post mortem.  I agree that excessive pinging is irritating but I've learned to block them, including platoonmates, so that I can focus on the task at hand.

You want me on that wall...

You NEED me on that wall...

;)

Blucraft #10 Posted May 21 2019 - 22:26

Captain

• Players
  • 9053 battles

OP, you have an in game "mute" feature.  It's pretty easy to use...

-Blu

bockscar43 #11 Posted May 21 2019 - 22:54

Captain

• -Players-
  • 31535 battles
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR
You have to wonder about the character of the incessant pinger. It's a game, not life changing event, if not perhaps professional help is needed...just sayn.

Hellsfog #12 Posted May 21 2019 - 23:14

Major

• Players
  • 37655 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostWarador, on May 21 2019 - 15:26, said:

My request to WOT:

Thank you,

Warador - A very below average player

Maybe you should listen to what other players are telling you. You could definitely use the help and the whole internet alpha "let me drive my tank" thing isn't working for you at the moment. 

cavalry11 #13 Posted May 21 2019 - 23:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 48207 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
Still the dead should be silent.

SLICK_67 #14 Posted May 22 2019 - 00:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43801 battles
  • [4HIM2] 4HIM2
Before I comment, Do you ever use the 'W' key?

Warador #15 Posted Jun 09 2019 - 19:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6019 battles

View Postbravo9er, on May 21 2019 - 21:45, said:

So you know that you can block the ping spammer by hitting CTRL, putting the cursor on one of the the ping spammer's message in the chat window and hitting the red X next to his name, right?

No, I am not new, but I don't know all the nuisances to WOT, thank you for that knowledge !

Warador #16 Posted Jun 09 2019 - 19:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6019 battles

View PostHellsfog, on May 21 2019 - 23:14, said:

Maybe you should listen to what other players are telling you. You could definitely use the help and the whole internet alpha "let me drive my tank" thing isn't working for you at the moment. 

Your part of the problem of the Wot community. You a negative piece of force. No constructive criticism at all. I guess your ok, with someone pinging the map incessantly for the entirety of the match. Reallly, is that what your saying. That pinging the map, over and over and over and over for 5 minutes straight should somehow make me or anyone else a better player. IF that is what you are saying your an idiot. Good Day Sir.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users