cpr first aid life saving

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Dishonest_John #1 Posted May 21 2019 - 22:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7435 battles
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE

Today during lunch I heard frantic cries for help from a neighbor's front porch and ran to see what was going on. I found neighbor bending over her husband, and he was in cardiac arrest and unresponsive. I was able to perform CPR until the Paramedics arrived, and they took over.  With the right drugs administered by the incredible professionals at the right time, he was awake and somewhat responsive when they took him to the hospital. From the time I found him until they arrived was twelve minutes. CPR was the difference between life and death. 

This afternoon I learned he was "still in the woods" but he was going to be OK.

Please take a CPR course. They are usually free to the public. You never know when you might be needed. 

-John-

nub2016 #2 Posted May 21 2019 - 22:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13568 battles
  • [_915_] _915_
Agreed! And congratulations, Hero. You may not think of yourself that way, but that neighbor and his wife do.

LeaveIT2Beaver #3 Posted May 21 2019 - 22:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 36027 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
Well done sir!      :great:    And I agree, the CPR course is a lifesaver!

__WarChild__ #4 Posted May 21 2019 - 22:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 29395 battles

View PostDishonest_John, on May 21 2019 - 15:31, said:

Today during lunch I heard frantic cries for help from a neighbor's front porch and ran to see what was going on. I found neighbor bending over her husband, and he was in cardiac arrest and unresponsive. I was able to perform CPR until the Paramedics arrived, and they took over.  With the right drugs administered by the incredible professionals at the right time, he was awake and somewhat responsive when they took him to the hospital. From the time I found him until they arrived was twelve minutes. CPR was the difference between life and death. 

This afternoon I learned he was "still in the woods" but he was going to be OK.

Please take a CPR course. They are usually free to the public. You never know when you might be needed. 

-John-

Nicely done!  Years ago, I made sure that I and my entire team at work knew CPR and First Aid training.  Although certification is every 2 years, we make it a yearly event through the Red Cross: https://www.redcross.org/

I hope none of you need it, but it certainly important knowledge to have in the event of an emergency!

:honoring:

BigDollarBillz #5 Posted May 21 2019 - 22:59

Major

• Players
  • 38135 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Good Job on helping save his life man. Yes CPR is a trait everyone should learn. Without you the man may not be here today. Be proud of helping save his life.

dnaman #6 Posted May 21 2019 - 23:11

Captain

• Players
  • 31851 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
Awesome job!  If I ever go down like that, I hope someone is around that is trained and willing to help.  

mlinke #7 Posted May 21 2019 - 23:16

Captain

• Players
  • 52751 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
EU has it in primary school and driving license course. Maybe something needs to change in USA. I agree with OP. Used it few times. Saves lives. Juts do not press to hard, you actually break ribs. TO be hones t, I would be afraid to give someone CPR in USA because I do not want to be sued for damages later on.

venom286 #8 Posted May 28 2019 - 05:37

Captain

• Players
  • 41612 battles
  • [FARTY] FARTY
thats good to hear i am not trying be funny did you give him mouth to mouth cause i heard different takes on this all you need do is pump the chest some say you should do both some say you should only do mouth to mouth if they where drowning but anyways thats cool hopefully he will ok now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users