How do you properly bait a shot?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

southtown00 #1 Posted May 22 2019 - 00:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2712 battles
Okay so working on side scraping in your voice has been great. But I've had trouble baiting shots. I think part of my problem is I don't know the reload time of every single tank and I do the wiggle waggle front and forward and here that snap and pull out to take the shot and then they back up and it's like a little dance. The thing there is a tanker against you never know if they got the derp gun or the high fire rate gun. What I really need to do is memorize shoes and autoloader those guys destroy me sometimes. Anyway what are some ways that you guys bait shots besides sticking your nose out and going back and forth I feel like there's more to it than that. Do you ever try and snap a shot if somebody when you have a High rate of fire gun but try and trick them to think that you have a derp so that they think your reload time is going to be longer? I know of a bunch of times or a big tank that I thought had a slow reload took a shot and I had a high rate of fire gun and tried to put a couple shots into him before you reloaded but it turns out he didn't have the derp and basically just killed each other. Anyway something I was thinking about let me know what you think

southtown00 #2 Posted May 22 2019 - 00:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2712 battles
I apologize for the misspellings I'm walking and talking into my cell phone using the mic hopefully you can decipher what the hell I'm trying to say

rokinamerica #3 Posted May 22 2019 - 00:43

Major

• Players
  • 5024 battles
No worries, I understand what you are saying. But I must admit, I have been drinking heavily since 9am this morning.

moon111 #4 Posted May 22 2019 - 02:26

Major

• Players
  • 32146 battles

If you do get hit, also consider now you have opportunity to make sure you're poking out as little as possible, get pre-aimed.  Often they'll jump into cover and then next exchange it's going to be your pre-aimed shot v.s. their non-aimed shot.  And there's a good chance you'll win that encounter.  

Also, in the category of baiting a shot, unless you're standing still, arty is shooting for where you're going to be, not where you are.   So if you think you're spotted, it can sometimes help to initially drive straight (either forward or backwards) to bait them to shoot, only stop or change direction.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users