Playing without xvm has been just so dissappointing, especially with sbmm... sigh...

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

SimplyPzB2 #1 Posted May 22 2019 - 06:08

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 105 battles

So for whatever reason, xvm has not been updated for the last week or so.  Been playing without it.  Really miss the in-garage features, especially the auto-crew-swap feature.  

-

But really miss being able to see the in game player skill.  This happened tonight:

-

-

Ace tanker, top gun, top in xp...  isn't this a good thing?  Well you say that because there is no xvm.   Here's what you are not seeing:

Enemy     Win Rate

T34         46%

VK 45      49%

KanJ        50%

110          48%

Rhm         48%

T28          51%

T29          46%

Cent         53%

Comet      48%

AMX         51%

P43          49%

Comet      49%

EBR         46%

LTTB       48%

T20          42%

-

Wow, they had three whole players above 50% (ok, and 1 AT 50%).   Talk about letting all the air out of the bag.  Not really much of a 'win' in my book, much more like 'unintentional sealclubbing'.  FYI, even without the xvm my spidersense was tingling that the enemy was of lower skill - which is why I went in and checked each enemy's skill after the battle.  My spidersense had been correct.  

-

Not that having xvm and being able to see their skill level beforehand would have changed the outcome, but it would have prevented me from getting my hopes up that this was a great game and an 'earned' Ace.  Sigh, disappointing.

-

FYI,  I camped the magic bush and got tons of initial spotting damage and we shot up to a 6-2 lead.  It was almost all over at that point.  They did win the hill, but they spent way to much xp doing it.  Easy pickings as they pushed over hill.  Then it was mop up of the campers... 

JakeTheMystic #2 Posted May 22 2019 - 06:14

Major

• Players
  • 24203 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE
XVM is working for me through Aslains...

XVM_Ad_Astra #3 Posted May 22 2019 - 07:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19026 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
How on earth would XVM impact this result? You would be more aggressive? This is why XVM is a terrible mod and shouldn't be allowed

Tokolosk #4 Posted May 22 2019 - 07:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11209 battles
  • [SADD] SADD
I find I enjoy the game more without knowing how good/bad other players are or what the win chance is. I only use some of XVM's features for my personal stats in the garage.

MajorLeeMinor #5 Posted May 22 2019 - 07:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 67611 battles
  • [FORTI] FORTI

The nightly build works fine

https://nightly.modxvm.com/

Running build 9093 at this time... of course it is unofficial release, but generally those still seem to work

Nixeldon #6 Posted May 22 2019 - 07:54

Captain

• Players
  • 59824 battles
  • [PRTSN] PRTSN

Why did you hide your account name, SoTrue?

Laser_Beam #7 Posted May 22 2019 - 07:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4152 battles
  • [BBCT] BBCT

View PostNixeldon, on May 22 2019 - 07:54, said:

Posting from alt account

Unless we are expected to believe 104 battles since 2016

Edited by Laser_Beam, May 22 2019 - 07:57.

Rawrlynn #8 Posted May 22 2019 - 08:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 31769 battles

View PostNixeldon, on May 22 2019 - 07:54, said:

scared to show his true account... so hides behind an alt on the forums. 

SimplyPzB2 #9 Posted May 22 2019 - 08:52

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 105 battles

View PostJakeTheMystic, on May 22 2019 - 06:14, said:

XVM is working for me through Aslains...

Interesting that the raw xvm hasn't been updated, but a second hand mod has it working...

View PostXVM_Ad_Astra, on May 22 2019 - 07:12, said:

How on earth would XVM impact this result? You would be more aggressive? This is why XVM is a terrible mod and shouldn't be allowed

Please read before you post, I CLEARLY state the outcome would not have changed.  I also clearly state just my level of satisfaction at the win would have changed.  Had xvm been installed I would have known I was sealclubbing (known for sure, I strongly suspected  during the battle), and thus been less disappointed in getting a free Ace Tanker...

View PostTokolosk, on May 22 2019 - 07:37, said:

I find I enjoy the game more without knowing how good/bad other players are or what the win chance is. I only use some of XVM's features for my personal stats in the garage.

I find it's a good tool.  Similar to names and numbers you see on players uniforms in most every other sport.  If you know number #17 or 'Johnson' is a good player, you can adjust your gameplay accordingly.  No idea why someone would want to hide their stats, unless you know, cowards....

View PostLaser_Beam, on May 22 2019 - 07:55, said:

Posting from alt account

Unless we are expected to believe 104 battles since 2016

I find it, usually, avoids stat shaming, or tank shaming.  Just because a person is good/bad at something doesn't mean their point isn't valid.  Yet sooooo many people dismiss a player because of their stats, or what tank they were driving.  I mean anyone with half a brain knows if you have to resort to stat shaming or tank shaming, you've lost the argument.  I mean at the time of this response 4 of the 7 reply's have nothing to do with the content of the post, and are all personal attacks.  If you've spent any amount of time on this forum, it's a wonder anyone uses a main account.

View PostMajorLeeMinor, on May 22 2019 - 07:42, said:

The nightly build works fine

https://nightly.modxvm.com/

Running build 9093 at this time... of course it is unofficial release, but generally those still seem to work

Have you found nightly builds to be safe?  I've never risked them (cuz xvm says right there on their website it's a risk).  Just curious.

Edited by SimplyPzB2, May 22 2019 - 08:54.

Nixeldon #10 Posted May 22 2019 - 09:11

Captain

• Players
  • 59824 battles
  • [PRTSN] PRTSN

View PostSimplyPzB2, on May 22 2019 - 02:52, said:

...and are all personal attacks.  If you've spent any amount of time on this forum, it's a wonder anyone uses a main account.

I asked a question. That is not an attack. As for the content of your post:

1) Their below average T34 player had top damage and respectable tier 8 damage at that, in my opinion.

2) The match was won by a close tank margin.

3) Looking at per tank damage counts, the match could have gone a different direction with a few more shots of damage, one or two different decisions or slightly different RNG.

4) Switching accounts while still using anecdotes for arguments doesn't change anything.

_Bagheera_ #11 Posted May 22 2019 - 09:15

Major

• Players
  • 36687 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

Never bother's me and i havent used XVM in years.

It's cancer. Quit using it. You will have much more fun. I cant wait till they add a stat hide.

_Red_Saaryn_ #12 Posted May 22 2019 - 09:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20930 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-

View PostSimplyPzB2, on May 22 2019 - 08:52, said:

I find it's a good tool.  Similar to names and numbers you see on players uniforms in most every other sport.  If you know number #17 or 'Johnson' is a good player, you can adjust your gameplay accordingly.  No idea why someone would want to hide their stats, unless you know, cowards....

Other might not attack you, they are kind but I'm not like them. I see trash and I set it on fire. You are nothing but another elitist sh** aren't you?. Talking so bad about others stats, giving destructive critics to players just because they don't play as you want. But you are nothing more than a hypocrite. You question why anyone would want to hide stats and such, you call them cowards. yet here you are, showing us screen shots of your best game with your name and even your tank censored. Who is the hypocrite? You. Who is the coward that fears others might find his rude post annoying and retaliate in game?, YOU. You are why this game is so bad, because you can't let others have fun. you take this game like if it was a secondary job and anyone who doesn't take it seriously you insult them and worse. But you don't have the guts to even use your real account, you are just another coward. You complain about that mod not working just because you can't talk crap about others without it, you can't find if a game is "worth playing" without it. You all elitist should be banned. Your rude behavior and game quitting ruin the game for others. 

Unlike you. I'm using my only account and I'm ready to face the consequences of what I do/say, because to me this is a way to relieve stress, to have fun. Not a secondary job in which I don't get paid. I don't tk players for not playing like I want, I don't kill myself at the beginning of a game that "isn't worth it", I don't insult everyone based on stats at the beginning/end of a game. Because I'm no elitist like you. 

That was an attack. Compare it with the other post and you will see no one was really attacking you. Xvm mod have been the reason why stat/tank shaming was created. I have seen elitists insult everyone and do nothing to win only to be carried and still complain after game, elitists rage quitting games by driving into water but not before tking Arty or a light tank. I have seen the worst of wot and 99.99% of them were elitists players. You will receive no empathy from people if you start to talk about liking that mod because you can see stats. Because most people think elitists are the cancer of wot (aside from Arty).

Edited by _Red_Saaryn_, May 22 2019 - 09:46.

_Tsavo_ #13 Posted May 22 2019 - 10:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45179 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

Some games are hard, some easy.  XVM is dumb as too many change how they play. 

Also SBMM is butts. 

164thLeichteAfrikaDiv #14 Posted May 22 2019 - 12:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17558 battles
  • [GSH] GSH
I miss it actually. I think i play better and win more with the additional information. I know some guys who are playing a lot less without xvm right now. I don't like the packs like Aslains as i'm quite happy with the standard xvm. I know some guys who use Aslains and Promod that have been having weird glitches. I will wait till the stable version is available from xvm.

Devildog8 #15 Posted May 22 2019 - 12:20

Major

• Players
  • 11075 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View Post_Bagheera_, on May 22 2019 - 02:15, said:

I cant wait till they add a stat hide.

It may hide your stats but not your clan, therefore your stats will be assumed because of the company you keep, this argument holds absolutely no water sorry to say

Devildog8 #16 Posted May 22 2019 - 12:46

Major

• Players
  • 11075 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 22 2019 - 03:25, said:

Some games are hard, some easy.  XVM is dumb as too many change how they play. 

Also SBMM is butts. 

Change happens regardless of XVM, this game has change completely over the years and its not because of XVM oh wait some XVM features have been added to the vanilla client, odd

GenPanzer #17 Posted May 22 2019 - 12:50

Major

• Players
  • 43888 battles
This is some real first world problems. I am curious why only the enemy team was looked up after battle and was only used to determine the "issue" with not having xvm.

Devildog8 #18 Posted May 22 2019 - 12:54

Major

• Players
  • 11075 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostGenPanzer, on May 22 2019 - 05:50, said:

This is some real first world problems. I am curious why only the enemy team was looked up after battle and was only used to determine the "issue" with not having xvm.

What you didnt hear? XVM is the reason why super unicums are not super duper unicums its on all the news channels.  XVM = Russian Collusion :P

_Tsavo_ #19 Posted May 22 2019 - 13:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45179 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View PostDevils_Scorpion, on May 22 2019 - 06:46, said:

Change happens regardless of XVM, this game has change completely over the years and its not because of XVM oh wait some XVM features have been added to the vanilla client, odd

When I reference XVM, I am always references the visible stats/chance to win (or whatever element it is in now) and how I detest them as too many misuse the information provided.

I am rather concrete in my dislike of most proposed ideas/methods of SBMM.

DUKE_AUTY #20 Posted May 22 2019 - 13:48

Captain

• Players
  • 39108 battles

I don't understand the point of this post.

Are you bragging or complaining?

I wish you stat monkeys could play this GAME without all the drama.

I confess that I'm one of the unwashed masses so maybe my opinion doesn't count.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users