Playing without xvm has been just so dissappointing, especially with sbmm... sigh...

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Devildog8 #21 Posted May 22 2019 - 14:01

Major

• Players
  • 11075 battles
  • [XILES] XILES

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 22 2019 - 06:19, said:

When I reference XVM, I am always references the visible stats/chance to win (or whatever element it is in now) and how I detest them as too many misuse the information provided.

I am rather concrete in my dislike of most proposed ideas/methods of SBMM.

I agree with you fully on SBMM, I think the CTW feature isnt very accurate and if ppl are going by that for real outcomes I feel sorry for them

NeatoMan #22 Posted May 22 2019 - 14:04

Major

• Players
  • 28180 battles

So you played without XVM but basically went ahead and did what XVM does anyway..  A great game, but you make yourself all miserable over it because you can't pry yourself away from your obsessive compulsiveness with XVM.

Trauglodyte #23 Posted May 22 2019 - 14:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 23661 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View Post_Bagheera_, on May 22 2019 - 09:15, said:

Never bother's me and i havent used XVM in years.

It's cancer. Quit using it. You will have much more fun. I cant wait till they add a stat hide.

I've never liked the concept of XVM.  But, there is something to be said about knowing who you can and cannot trust.  Case in point, if I see someone that over extended and I want to go help, I should be able to know what quality they are, so that I know whether it is worth the risk.  If I push and I have folks behind me, can I trust that they are good enough to understand what I'm doing, thus engaging to help me versus running away?

I have maxed out my "ignore" list and use that as a limited barometer for who I cannot trust.  Apparently, there is an "ignore" list extender, which I should definitely look at.  Though, I'm already afraid of those 2-3 ignored crappers on my team - would hate to have 10 out of 15 being Xed out.

Kliphie #24 Posted May 22 2019 - 14:27

Major

• Players
  • 32846 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
Huh, red's were "under skilled" yet it appears it was a close game.  That's odd.  

the_dude_76 #25 Posted May 22 2019 - 14:40

Major

• Players
  • 34173 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostSimplyPzB2, on May 22 2019 - 01:52, said:

I find it, usually, avoids stat shaming, or tank shaming.  Just because a person is good/bad at something doesn't mean their point isn't valid.  Yet sooooo many people dismiss a player because of their stats, or what tank they were driving.  I mean anyone with half a brain knows if you have to resort to stat shaming or tank shaming, you've lost the argument.

This litterally makes no sense. If showing your stats wins you the argument then why would you hide them?? Obviously you've come to the conclusion that your stats make it impossible for people to take you seriously whether  they are "shaming" you or not.

Block Quote

If you've spent any amount of time on this forum, it's a wonder anyone uses a main account.

Most people aren't bothered by what some random nobodies on the internet have to say...

NeatoMan #26 Posted May 22 2019 - 14:47

Major

• Players
  • 28180 battles

the_dude_76

SimplyPzB2,

If you've spent any amount of time on this forum, it's a wonder anyone uses a main account.

Most people aren't bothered by what some random nobodies on the internet have to say...

when you post as much nonsense as he does it's pretty obvious why he does.

SporkBoy #27 Posted May 22 2019 - 14:48

Major

• Players
  • 48347 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Several garage mods are easily fixed by just copy/paste of script file. Have not had to download a new version for many months.

Copacetic #28 Posted May 22 2019 - 14:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 47318 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

View PostKliphie, on May 22 2019 - 14:27, said:

Huh, red's were "under skilled" yet it appears it was a close game.  That's odd.  

not odd..teams were pretty even

Edited by Copacetic, May 22 2019 - 17:11.

Projectile_Misfired #29 Posted May 22 2019 - 15:40

Major

• Players
  • 38695 battles

First, OP, don't sell yourself short. That was a great game, regardless of the skill level of the Red team.

However, you didn't also post the skill level of your team. So, the question on that being is, if your XVM was working and you knew the skill level of your own team, would you have put yourself into the position that afforded you the opportunity to get that "Ace"?

As for your XVM not working for the past week, I know why. It's because of FrontLines. In case you didn't notice it, but when each of the FL session started, WG push an really small, quick update. I don't know if part of it is to actually unlock FL, but, I do know that each time, the "res_mod" folder updates. That means your mods are now located in a different folder. You might be able to fix it simply by copying the contents from the previous version to the new one. But, for some mods, you may need to actually re-install them.

I do have a legitimate question for you though. Now, I understand why you would cover your in-game name and post from an alt account (or, at least, I don't really care that you did). But, why in the world would you cover up the name of the tank that you were playing?

So what if you went and camped the "magic bush" in a bottom-tier TD. If your Lights weren't going to do it, you did the right thing. Why not let us know what it is?

Nixeldon #30 Posted May 22 2019 - 15:53

Major

• Players
  • 60879 battles

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on May 22 2019 - 09:40, said:

First, OP, don't sell yourself short. That was a great game, regardless of the skill level of the Red team.

However, you didn't also post the skill level of your team. So, the question on that being is, if your XVM was working and you knew the skill level of your own team, would you have put yourself into the position that afforded you the opportunity to get that "Ace"?

As for your XVM not working for the past week, I know why. It's because of FrontLines. In case you didn't notice it, but when each of the FL session started, WG push an really small, quick update. I don't know if part of it is to actually unlock FL, but, I do know that each time, the "res_mod" folder updates. That means your mods are now located in a different folder. You might be able to fix it simply by copying the contents from the previous version to the new one. But, for some mods, you may need to actually re-install them.

I do have a legitimate question for you though. Now, I understand why you would cover your in-game name and post from an alt account (or, at least, I don't really care that you did). But, why in the world would you cover up the name of the tank that you were playing?

So what if you went and camped the "magic bush" in a bottom-tier TD. If your Lights weren't going to do it, you did the right thing. Why not let us know what it is?

E25

SargeanTravis #31 Posted May 22 2019 - 15:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2903 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU

Don't see how XVM would make any difference, other than knowing how to name random stats on the enemy and allied team

Because in a nutshell, that's the only thing XVM allows you to do

​lol there is not SBMM in this game (yet or ever, take your own stance), your title is a lie

SargeanTravis #32 Posted May 22 2019 - 15:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2903 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU

View PostSimplyPzB2, on May 22 2019 - 06:08, said:

So for whatever reason, xvm has not been updated for the last week or so.  Been playing without it.  Really miss the in-garage features, especially the auto-crew-swap feature.  

-

But really miss being able to see the in game player skill.  This happened tonight:

-

-

Ace tanker, top gun, top in xp...  isn't this a good thing?  Well you say that because there is no xvm.   Here's what you are not seeing:

Enemy     Win Rate

T34         46%

VK 45      49%

KanJ        50%

110          48%

Rhm         48%

T28          51%

T29          46%

Cent         53%

Comet      48%

AMX         51%

P43          49%

Comet      49%

EBR         46%

LTTB       48%

T20          42%

-

Wow, they had three whole players above 50% (ok, and 1 AT 50%).   Talk about letting all the air out of the bag.  Not really much of a 'win' in my book, much more like 'unintentional sealclubbing'.  FYI, even without the xvm my spidersense was tingling that the enemy was of lower skill - which is why I went in and checked each enemy's skill after the battle.  My spidersense had been correct.  

-

Not that having xvm and being able to see their skill level beforehand would have changed the outcome, but it would have prevented me from getting my hopes up that this was a great game and an 'earned' Ace.  Sigh, disappointing.

-

FYI,  I camped the magic bush and got tons of initial spotting damage and we shot up to a 6-2 lead.  It was almost all over at that point.  They did win the hill, but they spent way to much xp doing it.  Easy pickings as they pushed over hill.  Then it was mop up of the campers... 

First time Ive seen someone COMPLAINING about a good game :teethhappy:

The Forum has truly gone mad

Deputy276 #33 Posted May 22 2019 - 16:10

Major

• Players
  • 20403 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
I use the ProTanki mod pack for XVM and it's been working fine all week. 

GeorgePreddy #34 Posted May 22 2019 - 16:10

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostKliphie, on May 22 2019 - 10:27, said:

This was my first thought, too.

A guy who is admittedly ashamed to post with his main account, comes to complain/pseudo-brag about having such an easy time beating up on helpless seals... yet the result is only 3-0.

Nothing to see here... move along.

Nixeldon #35 Posted May 22 2019 - 16:11

Major

• Players
  • 60879 battles

View PostSargeanTravis, on May 22 2019 - 09:59, said:

He has a color-matching fetish. It's his M.O.

Copacetic #36 Posted May 22 2019 - 17:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 47318 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

View PostNixeldon, on May 22 2019 - 15:53, said:

E25

Ok confirmed.   Simplypzb2 = Sotrue

grandthefttankV #37 Posted May 22 2019 - 18:27

Major

• Players
  • 35834 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_
Xvm is a cheat mod and should rightfully be banned

SimplyPzB2 #38 Posted May 22 2019 - 20:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 105 battles

View PostNixeldon, on May 22 2019 - 09:11, said:

I asked a question. That is not an attack. As for the content of your post:

1) Their below average T34 player had top damage and respectable tier 8 damage at that, in my opinion.

2) The match was won by a close tank margin.

3) Looking at per tank damage counts, the match could have gone a different direction with a few more shots of damage, one or two different decisions or slightly different RNG.

4) Switching accounts while still using anecdotes for arguments doesn't change anything.

The match was not 'close'.  I can see why you think so, as the end number 'look' close.  But that's not how it played out.  Like I said, we quickly jumped up to a 6-2 lead and the game was pretty much over in the first 3-4 minutes.  They did 'kind of' gain some ground back on the hill, but not really, as the hill tanks all came down off hill as one-shots and cleaned them up super easy.  And the campers got a couple last minute kills as they were being swept up, nothing that had any chance of changing the outcome...

View Post164thLeichteAfrikaDiv, on May 22 2019 - 12:16, said:

I miss it actually. I think i play better and win more with the additional information. I know some guys who are playing a lot less without xvm right now. I don't like the packs like Aslains as i'm quite happy with the standard xvm. I know some guys who use Aslains and Promod that have been having weird glitches. I will wait till the stable version is available from xvm.

aree tototally.  If you look at the nubmer of downloads of xvm, it's somethign like 80,000 people who download it.  Why on earth WG doesn't buy it, or hire those people is beyond me.  I mean if I had a product that 80,000 people downloads an external mod for, I'd quickly incorporate into the game....

View PostGenPanzer, on May 22 2019 - 12:50, said:

This is some real first world problems. I am curious why only the enemy team was looked up after battle and was only used to determine the "issue" with not having xvm.

Well it was an ace tanker, but it didn't feel really hard to get it. So it made me curious to see how good the other team was.  So I looked.  As for my team, we had an advantage in greens, I think we had 5 (to their 3). 

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 22 2019 - 13:19, said:

When I reference XVM, I am always references the visible stats/chance to win (or whatever element it is in now) and how I detest them as too many misuse the information provided.

I am rather concrete in my dislike of most proposed ideas/methods of SBMM.

We know you hate it, you tell us all the time.  Yet you never seem to provide any actual data.  For someone who streams their gameplay, I'd think you'd be inclined to track data for at least a couple of your most played tanks and actually base your opinion on data.  Rather than just your gut feelings...

View PostDUKE_AUTY, on May 22 2019 - 13:48, said:

I don't understand the point of this post.

Are you bragging or complaining?

I wish you stat monkeys could play this GAME without all the drama.

I confess that I'm one of the unwashed masses so maybe my opinion doesn't count.

I'm complaining.  The point of posting a 'win' was to pre-counter all those who claim sbmm is desired to eliminate losses.  I.e. the random mm fanboys always claim the only people who want sbmm are people with low win rates.  Which just isn't true. 

_Tsavo_ #39 Posted May 22 2019 - 20:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46230 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View PostSimplyPzB2, on May 22 2019 - 14:30, said:

We know you hate it, you tell us all the time.  Yet you never seem to provide any actual data.  For someone who streams their gameplay, I'd think you'd be inclined to track data for at least a couple of your most played tanks and actually base your opinion on data.  Rather than just your gut feelings...

I don't like it, I've explained why I don't like it.  I'm not testing it or gathering data on it, others have done enough of that already.

SimplyPzB2 #40 Posted May 22 2019 - 20:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 105 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on May 22 2019 - 14:04, said:

So you played without XVM but basically went ahead and did what XVM does anyway..  A great game, but you make yourself all miserable over it because you can't pry yourself away from your obsessive compulsiveness with XVM.

But it wasn't a 'great' game now was it.  It was sealclubbing.  Our team had more greens and we just sat their and bashed their little heads.  That's why it was dissappointed when I checked the enemy stats.  Had I had xvm, I could have seen the enemy skill from the start and known it was sealclubbing.

View PostTrauglodyte, on May 22 2019 - 14:24, said:

I've never liked the concept of XVM.  But, there is something to be said about knowing who you can and cannot trust.  Case in point, if I see someone that over extended and I want to go help, I should be able to know what quality they are, so that I know whether it is worth the risk.  If I push and I have folks behind me, can I trust that they are good enough to understand what I'm doing, thus engaging to help me versus running away?

I have maxed out my "ignore" list and use that as a limited barometer for who I cannot trust.  Apparently, there is an "ignore" list extender, which I should definitely look at.  Though, I'm already afraid of those 2-3 ignored crappers on my team - would hate to have 10 out of 15 being Xed out.

Agreed.  xvm showing skill is like in other sports where players have their name/nubmer on a jersey.  Everyone know player #32 is a five time all star, so they adjust their play accordingly. 

View PostSargeanTravis, on May 22 2019 - 15:59, said:

It wasn't a good game, not at all.  Good result maybe, but gameplay?  No, as I said, we jumped out to a 6-2 lead in the first couple of minutes, and then it was a slow cleanup. 

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on May 22 2019 - 15:40, said:

I was driving an op premium tank.  I hid the tank to avoid people screeming 'but but but you were in an op premium tank'.  Same reason I post on this account.  To many trolls ignore the content of a post and dive right into stat/tank shaming....

View PostSargeanTravis, on May 22 2019 - 15:55, said:

Don't see how XVM would make any difference, other than knowing how to name random stats on the enemy and allied team

Because in a nutshell, that's the only thing XVM allows you to do

​lol there is not SBMM in this game (yet or ever, take your own stance), your title is a lie

Oh, it wouldn't have changed the game at all (as I said), but it would have given me the appropriate 'expectations' about how good my result actually was.

View PostgrandthefttankV, on May 22 2019 - 18:27, said:

Xvm is a cheat mod and should rightfully be banned

The only thing xvm does is put a name/number on a players jersey.  It has actual impact on the game otherwise.  (You accuracy doesn't go up, your camo doesn't get any better, etc)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users