Congrats WG ya screwed it up

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

BatteredBastard #1 Posted May 22 2019 - 06:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33292 battles
  • [C-W-B] C-W-B

All I see these days is heavy tanks camping. WG made it possible when they screwed teh maps up to nerf redline tds by adding EXCESSIVE COVER in the mid of the maps for heavies to advance with IMPUNITY.  Now they just advance into excessive cover go hull down and spot everything. Meanwhile TDs have 0 cover now thanks to map redesign.  And you all cried about TDs and arty. Get real. They over did it when they nerfed TDs lines of fire.  The only tanks worth playing now are SUPER HEAVIES that WG keeps pumping out. NOONE ELSE SHOULD BOTHER PLAYING AT THIS POINT. Their advantage is beyond EXCESSIVE NOW.

bilzbobaggins #2 Posted May 22 2019 - 07:07

Captain

• Players
  • 47292 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
Light tank master race dude.

__WarChild__ #3 Posted May 22 2019 - 07:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 30125 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

I'm playing with 2 other heavies tanks on Murovanka.  Got wheelies spotting us before we can get back to the redline, so 2 of us get shot.  Get to the ridge and are doing well when the 2 enemy arties start pounding us into oblivion.  After losing 3/4 of my health to arty, I backed out of sight for a few minutes (that's no fc'ing fun) while arty killed both of my platoonmates.  I sat back while the light tanks and wheelies battled it out below until one of ours got one of their arties.  Ended up winning the game, but I had to sit out 1/2 the battle so I wouldn't die from someone I couldn't see on the other side of the map.  Whatever they did, they didn't nerf arty enough IMHO.

More than 1 arty per side = STUPID

Wheeled Vehicle intro = MORONIC

__WarChild__

Edited by __WarChild__, May 22 2019 - 07:20.

scHnuuudle_bop #4 Posted May 22 2019 - 07:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 20459 battles

View PostBatteredBastard, on May 22 2019 - 06:53, said:

All I see these days is heavy tanks camping. WG made it possible when they screwed teh maps up to nerf redline tds by adding EXCESSIVE COVER in the mid of the maps for heavies to advance with IMPUNITY.  Now they just advance into excessive cover go hull down and spot everything. Meanwhile TDs have 0 cover now thanks to map redesign.  And you all cried about TDs and arty. Get real. They over did it when they nerfed TDs lines of fire.  The only tanks worth playing now are SUPER HEAVIES that WG keeps pumping out. NOONE ELSE SHOULD BOTHER PLAYING AT THIS POINT. Their advantage is beyond EXCESSIVE NOW.

So, here is one of those situations where artillery was designed to be useful.

He even has the terminology.   "they just advance into excessive cover go hull down and spot everything".

Just ask your teammate for help, "discouraging those campers". . 

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, May 22 2019 - 09:03.

BatteredBastard #5 Posted May 22 2019 - 07:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33292 battles
  • [C-W-B] C-W-B
Try playing a Grille 15 for a  month straight nothing else and watch how fast you change your opinion......Nothing fun in that EITHER

Rawrlynn #6 Posted May 22 2019 - 08:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 31815 battles

View PostBatteredBastard, on May 22 2019 - 06:53, said:

just wait until the spammo changes..... super heavies will be everywhere because they won't die near fast enough. 

DEADTIME #7 Posted May 22 2019 - 08:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13310 battles
  • [BETAS] BETAS
It has to do with arty and clowncars. Heavys can no longer get into position so they have to try and hide. Limit each match to 1 arty and the issue solves itself.

Edited by DEADTIME, May 23 2019 - 10:22.

JakeTheMystic #8 Posted May 22 2019 - 09:07

Major

• Players
  • 24224 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

Yet some of the highest damage games are in tanks like the 183, Strv, 4005, V4, all of which are TDs. 

I would rather have heavies brawling rather than sitting in the back waiting for lights to actually do their job. We need more city maps, not those trash ones like reworked erlenberg and glacier. You might as well grab some popcorn while you wait because those battles could take the full 15 minutes. 

Also, Ghost Town is completely ruined and should have never been brought back in the first place. Enjoy getting 20% draws on that map because nobody ever pushes and even the mediums just camp 0 waiting for something to happen. 

scHnuuudle_bop #9 Posted May 22 2019 - 09:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 20459 battles

View PostDEADTIME, on May 22 2019 - 08:42, said:

It hasn't to do with arty and clowncars. Heavy can no longer get into position so they have to try and hide. Limit each match to 1 arty and the issue solves itself.

How would that , solve his problem. 

Without arty, his new class of campers who "they just advance into excessive cover go hull down and spot everything".   , these heavies would just sit here, hull down, aim and click , aim and click.

He does not want the heavies camping and stealing all the good hidden or covered sniping positions.

Arty is here to help move his heavies along , or pay for sitting there.

Devildog8 #10 Posted May 22 2019 - 11:47

Major

• Players
  • 11075 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
Ever since wheelies have been the norm on certain maps I see the camping, tho I dont like camping heavies I get why its done, getting spotted 2 feet off the spawn point to get focused by arty or anything else, this game has pivoted highly to lights and meds and less on armor, TDs still have a role but it also is slipping away, I dont hate the wheelies but I think they were a huge game changer in how this game operates now.

PTwr #11 Posted May 22 2019 - 11:54

Major

• Players
  • 44730 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

View PostJakeTheMystic, on May 22 2019 - 08:07, said:

Also, Ghost Town is completely ruined and should have never been brought back in the first place. Enjoy getting 20% draws on that map because nobody ever pushes and even the mediums just camp 0 waiting for something to happen. 

Its a freaking tournament map. 5v5 would be fine, full 15v15 is just pain. 

ColonelShakes #12 Posted May 22 2019 - 11:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15274 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

View Post__WarChild__, on May 22 2019 - 07:18, said:

I read this as

' I am not skilled enough to avoid arty so I say they are stupid, wheels even dumber ' 

At least you dropped a hint on how you mitigated against the obvious arty barrage on a known camp position.  

I get artied all day and night.  You do not see me here complaining.  I play well in light tanks and feast on plenty of wheeled vehicles. 

tanopasman62 #13 Posted May 22 2019 - 12:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 20086 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
Stoopid heavy drivers, how do they dare not driving in the open so I can farm them while hiding on the same bosh all game >:C

Son__Of__Anarchy #14 Posted May 22 2019 - 12:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 28794 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View PostJakeTheMystic, on May 22 2019 - 09:07, said:

View PostPTwr, on May 22 2019 - 11:54, said:

Its a freaking tournament map. 5v5 would be fine, full 15v15 is just pain. 

Ghost Town is one of my favorite maps in the game either when i play a heavy or a medium..

especially in a heavy, i do some of my best games in that map..

cant recall a single time the battle to finish in a draw there..

yes there will be some campers of course.. but in what map there arent any campers anyway?

TaliBandaid #15 Posted May 22 2019 - 13:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 6662 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on May 22 2019 - 01:18, said:

I'm playing with 2 other heavies tanks on Murovanka.  Got wheelies spotting us before we can get back to the redline, so 2 of us get shot.  Get to the ridge and are doing well when the 2 enemy arties start pounding us into oblivion.  After losing 3/4 of my health to arty, I backed out of sight for a few minutes (that's no fc'ing fun) while arty killed both of my platoonmates.  I sat back while the light tanks and wheelies battled it out below until one of ours got one of their arties.  Ended up winning the game, but I had to sit out 1/2 the battle so I wouldn't die from someone I couldn't see on the other side of the map.  Whatever they did, they didn't nerf arty enough IMHO.

__WarChild__

Can we get an AMEN!?!?!

__WarChild__ #16 Posted May 22 2019 - 13:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 30125 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostColonelShakes, on May 22 2019 - 04:55, said:

I read this as

' I am not skilled enough to avoid arty so I say they are stupid, wheels even dumber ' 

At least you dropped a hint on how you mitigated against the obvious arty barrage on a known camp position.  

I get artied all day and night.  You do not see me here complaining.  I play well in light tanks and feast on plenty of wheeled vehicles. 

Well then, you can't read for sh__ now can you?  :amazed:

I'm not complaining.  I'm stating a mere fact.  And only an idiot would think that a heavy could "avoid arty" on an open map without camping on the backward slopes of hills, behind structure or simply out of sight.  I'd rather be in the fight, even at 10% health, than sitting back, "avoiding arty" and not helping my teammates win the battle until it's safe to come into the open.  Avoiding arty by camping is boring for those of us who like to play heavy tanks.

cocobabygirl #17 Posted May 22 2019 - 13:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12078 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Really Warchild maybe this guy has a point, if you can pick those skills of yours up a little higher you wouldn't have this problem lmbo...... 

Copacetic #18 Posted May 22 2019 - 13:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 45178 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

+1

__WarChild__ #19 Posted May 22 2019 - 13:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 30125 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View Postcocobabygirl, on May 22 2019 - 06:26, said:

Really Warchild maybe this guy has a point, if you can pick those skills of yours up a little higher you wouldn't have this problem lmbo...... 

If you weren't so cute... :girl:

By the way, here's the link to my Code thread you were asking about: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/603390-scavenger-this/

Good luck!  :great:

Mojo_Riesing #20 Posted May 22 2019 - 14:11

Captain

• Players
  • 19509 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

I enjoy playing all classes, though i favor mediums...just to be clear. Much as i like SPG play, i agree 3 each side per 15v15 Random match is too much, 2 would be better. Wheelies?  They should first be there on

Reading thru the thread, i think the lament of heavy drivers is overwrought.  Is it harder with all the competition from other classes?  Probably so.  Do they camp more, i could care less.  What i hear about camping complaints is what that how some people play doesn't meet the complainers approval. Too bad, they are not here to play YOUR gamestyle.  Ghost Town is actually one of the better maps in the most recent crop of re-works.  I do see, particularly in Frontline, people playing a class in ways that are...probably not that classes strongest way.  Heavies moving to ridgeline sniping...well, ok but don't expect to take and hold the FL cap with lights or mediums. Actually i think good heavy play in FL STARTS as camping..holding back while a med/light force effects control the enemies approaches to the cap..then heavies move out of cover to take cap.  Hate to say it, but SOME good medium/light play actually might be to PROTECT heavies and SPG's (perish the thought!).

What is lacking in both Randoms and FL (maybe Grand Battles too) is a cohesive battelfield strategy of a WoT version of combined arms game play.  In a way this is maybe the core problem with WoT.  The most commonly encountered game modes are also the most chaotic, most individually directed modes available. This makes them also at times very frustrating.  I'd say "oh well" but WoT is clearly not resonating with new players and this could be one of the reasons why.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users