Congrats WG ya screwed it up

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

TheDerpinator9000 #21 Posted May 22 2019 - 14:20

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15941 battles
  • [L-O-K] L-O-K
Though I may not very good at times in my tanks, I do have the EBR and Type 5, but that's not the point. The EBR can hit max spotting range and as such many people, just camp thinking they won't get spotted or that they can easily shoot these wheelies if they are spotted by them.

Sometimes this theory works out, a lot of times it doesn't, the EBR at one point or another is a tank unless killed, that is going to find the enemy. The fact that most of the enemy team can be found in one area of the map camping just feeds them more assistance damage in the long run. (This has been my experience driving them.) My main issue in the EBR is when I have multiple enemies shooting at me from multiple directions because it's only a matter of time before someone from somewhere hits me at that point.

As for arty; there is the argument that less than 3 arty per side means no arty free games again, however, sometimes I feel like this tradeoff would be worth it, as (for example yesterday) most of my games had arty in it, and most of those games had more than 1 arty per side.

My main issue with arty is that they can sit at the back of the map without any consequences of being shot back and just rain hell down on people, because of HE. My main feeling with that is that it doesn't really matter what they do with arty unless they have ANY consequence or risk of firing at another tank. That's my opinion about it and it's probably bound to change later once I realize how to start 'getting gud.'

grandthefttankV #22 Posted May 22 2019 - 14:58

Major

• Players
  • 35277 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View PostBatteredBastard, on May 22 2019 - 05:53, said:

All I see these days is heavy tanks camping. WG made it possible when they screwed teh maps up to nerf redline tds by adding EXCESSIVE COVER in the mid of the maps for heavies to advance with IMPUNITY.  Now they just advance into excessive cover go hull down and spot everything. Meanwhile TDs have 0 cover now thanks to map redesign.  And you all cried about TDs and arty. Get real. They over did it when they nerfed TDs lines of fire.  The only tanks worth playing now are SUPER HEAVIES that WG keeps pumping out. NOONE ELSE SHOULD BOTHER PLAYING AT THIS POINT. Their advantage is beyond EXCESSIVE NOW.

Can you blame them for camping? With all these stupid wheeled pieces of garbage, heavies get spotted the second they break cover. If they overextend during an attack, they are helpless against wheeled cancer. The safest way to protect themselves from wheeled garbage is to sit in the back until all the wheeled garbage has been sniped by the team.

_Resolute14_ #23 Posted May 22 2019 - 15:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14085 battles

View PostJakeTheMystic, on May 22 2019 - 09:07, said:

...... Enjoy getting 20% draws on that map because nobody ever pushes and even the mediums just camp 0 waiting for something to happen.......

You don't explain why 20% draws is a bad thing.  I'm ok with draws.

Norseskald #24 Posted May 22 2019 - 15:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20951 battles
  • [SKALD] SKALD

View PostBatteredBastard, on May 22 2019 - 06:53, said:

All I see these days is heavy tanks camping. WG made it possible when they screwed teh maps up to nerf redline tds by adding EXCESSIVE COVER in the mid of the maps for heavies to advance with IMPUNITY.  Now they just advance into excessive cover go hull down and spot everything. Meanwhile TDs have 0 cover now thanks to map redesign.  And you all cried about TDs and arty. Get real. They over did it when they nerfed TDs lines of fire.  The only tanks worth playing now are SUPER HEAVIES that WG keeps pumping out. NOONE ELSE SHOULD BOTHER PLAYING AT THIS POINT. Their advantage is beyond EXCESSIVE NOW.

why wouldnt they camp? wheeled tanks spot in the first 20-30 seconds, the 2 key pretty much makes armor non existent, the slowness of most hvys/super hvys (unless its a obj of some sort) makes you find the closest cover or rock. used to play the type, then figured out armor isnt worth crap with the amount of 2 key warriors, so now i just play med or spgs. this isnt a team game, you get nothing for playing as a team, seriously nothing. you have the avg people trying to win, the below avg trying to die fast and move on t6o the next, and you have the "good" players (for the most part) sit back and farm and pad stats. i find it funny af saying super heavies are the only thing worth playing. again ill point out 2 key basically negates any armor advantage your 20 kmh monster has. only 2 tanks in the game are really worth playing meds and lights.

Norseskald #25 Posted May 22 2019 - 15:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20951 battles
  • [SKALD] SKALD

View PostTheDerpinator9000, on May 22 2019 - 14:20, said:

Though I may not very good at times in my tanks, I do have the EBR and Type 5, but that's not the point. The EBR can hit max spotting range and as such many people, just camp thinking they won't get spotted or that they can easily shoot these wheelies if they are spotted by them.

Sometimes this theory works out, a lot of times it doesn't, the EBR at one point or another is a tank unless killed, that is going to find the enemy. The fact that most of the enemy team can be found in one area of the map camping just feeds them more assistance damage in the long run. (This has been my experience driving them.) My main issue in the EBR is when I have multiple enemies shooting at me from multiple directions because it's only a matter of time before someone from somewhere hits me at that point.

As for arty; there is the argument that less than 3 arty per side means no arty free games again, however, sometimes I feel like this tradeoff would be worth it, as (for example yesterday) most of my games had arty in it, and most of those games had more than 1 arty per side.

My main issue with arty is that they can sit at the back of the map without any consequences of being shot back and just rain hell down on people, because of HE. My main feeling with that is that it doesn't really matter what they do with arty unless they have ANY consequence or risk of firing at another tank. That's my opinion about it and it's probably bound to change later once I realize how to start 'getting gud.'

good luck if someone hits your wheels, clown cars wheels are like a fat kid eating cereal, they just eat them and keep going....

MagillaGuerilla #26 Posted May 22 2019 - 16:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 25769 battles
It's a campers game now. Tents should be an equipment option.

grandthefttankV #27 Posted May 22 2019 - 16:24

Major

• Players
  • 35277 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on May 22 2019 - 15:22, said:

What would be cool is an entrenching feature.

Press X and your crew will dig a foxhole for your tank topped with sand bags

2MOEJOE #28 Posted May 22 2019 - 17:15

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3772 battles

View PostColonelShakes, on May 22 2019 - 05:55, said:

I read this as

' I am not skilled enough to avoid arty so I say they are stupid, wheels even dumber ' 

At least you dropped a hint on how you mitigated against the obvious arty barrage on a known camp position.  

I get artied all day and night.  You do not see me here complaining.  I play well in light tanks and feast on plenty of wheeled vehicles. 

I read this as opinionated ignorance. 

Edited by 2MOEJOE, May 22 2019 - 17:15.

tanopasman62 #29 Posted May 22 2019 - 17:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 20057 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

Well, thread derrailed away and I'm not gonna quote everyone so I'll leave this here.

If you're afraid of getting shot at and premium rounds hurt your feelings, then DON'T PLAY HEAVIES, if you're going to camp in the redline get an Strv.

The_War_Master_2019 #30 Posted May 22 2019 - 17:22

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1260 battles
I keep getting yelled at because I'm Bush sniping in my Tiger 131. I have no armor and great view range. What else would I do?

Trauglodyte #31 Posted May 22 2019 - 17:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 21765 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

Did you bother to check the tank lineup and/or the players, to see what was going on?  I see a ton of LATAM players camping in the back, no matter their tank class.  Plus, the worse the player, the higher chances of them either suiciding stupidly and early or them sitting in the back doing nothing.  Anyway, if I'm on an open map against 3x arty with a dab of Armored Cars, I'm going to be much more tactical and measured, in my actions.  Games are won by dealing more damage and not giving away free hits.  Why play into that?

View PostColonelShakes, on May 22 2019 - 11:55, said:

I read this as

' I am not skilled enough to avoid arty so I say they are stupid, wheels even dumber ' 

At least you dropped a hint on how you mitigated against the obvious arty barrage on a known camp position.  

I get artied all day and night.  You do not see me here complaining.  I play well in light tanks and feast on plenty of wheeled vehicles. 

If your stats were anywhere near his, you'd have a point.  As it stands, your stats are buoyed by low tiers and a single tier 10.  In the future, yield to your betters and don't prove to everyone how moronic you are.  You'll do better in the long run.  Life lessons - learn them!

View Posttanopasman62, on May 22 2019 - 17:17, said:

Well, thread derrailed away and I'm not gonna quote everyone so I'll leave this here.

If you're afraid of getting shot at and premium rounds hurt your feelings, then DON'T PLAY HEAVIES, if you're going to camp in the redline get an Strv.

Yup.

HeraldricKnight #32 Posted May 22 2019 - 17:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6615 battles

View PostBatteredBastard, on May 22 2019 - 05:53, said:

It's almost as if armor is supposed to do something other than sporting paint. Between the 'special ammunition' tailor made to punch through thicker armor and the SPGs completely bypassing it, there should be some serious benefits to driving a Maus on Eastfield or Redshire, but they can't have that either apparently. 

Only SPGs and Medium Tanks should hold all the strengths with impunity. How dare a T29 go hull down on a hill, using his armor's strengths against my illustrious skill at pressing the 2 key in my Obj. Vomit line of Russian Medium Tanks, when my speed and profile could easily flank around him to get at his chassis. I could do that, but I'd rather sit in this particular spot plinking away at the commander's hatch that I'll never pen. 

alphaceti #33 Posted May 22 2019 - 20:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 28568 battles
  • [REBEL] REBEL

I second this opinion. I have seen more and more heavies camping like morons.

JakeTheMystic #34 Posted May 22 2019 - 20:24

Major

• Players
  • 24211 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

View Post_Resolute14_, on May 22 2019 - 05:30, said:

Out of all of my games, I have a 0.89% draw rate. That is absurdly small if you were to compare that to a 20% draw rate for a single map. 

The point of the game is winning. More XP, more credits, ect. If a team has to literally wait to get a draw on the map because nobody is willing to sacrifice their tank in a push, than that defeats the whole purpose of having that map in the game. Remove it or remake it to make it less campy. 

If you are perfectly fine with a draw over what could be a possible win, then you are part of the problem with this game. 

BadLuckCharm #35 Posted May 22 2019 - 20:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8774 battles

View Post_Resolute14_, on May 22 2019 - 09:30, said:

A draw is counted as a loss both for stats, and for rewards. It's just that it's a loss for both teams.

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on May 22 2019 - 10:22, said:

Camo nets.

bgmp14 #36 Posted May 22 2019 - 20:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 26488 battles
  • [MAZUT] MAZUT

So you are saying that heavies should take damage while rolling into a position to fight other heavies? Why would any heavy driver take such a route? You try to cross any open area as quick as possible to get to the next position that provides cover for whatever vulnerable spot your heavy tank got. And then you try to trade with whatever enemy is in front.

Mojo_Riesing #37 Posted May 22 2019 - 20:45

Captain

• Players
  • 19509 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on May 22 2019 - 07:22, said:

You know sometimes i read these posts ands wonder if folks know what they just said.

Camo nets are an option for ALL vehicles.  The are a kind of tent.  The camo multipliers are for STATIONARY vehicles (camo nets have no effect when a tank is on the move). That means they don't move.  In addition there is the view range with binocs, where the benefit is ONLY gained with 3 seconds of being STATIONARY.

OK, we can argue about how LONG you don't move, but just sitting in once place IS a viable tactic.  Camping if done right...is acceptable.

Edited by Mojo_Riesing, May 22 2019 - 20:45.

scHnuuudle_bop #38 Posted May 22 2019 - 21:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 20456 battles

View PostMojo_Riesing, on May 22 2019 - 20:45, said:

You know sometimes i read these posts ands wonder if folks know what they just said.

Camo nets are an option for ALL vehicles.  The are a kind of tent.  The camo multipliers are for STATIONARY vehicles (camo nets have no effect when a tank is on the move). That means they don't move.  In addition there is the view range with binocs, where the benefit is ONLY gained with 3 seconds of being STATIONARY.

OK, we can argue about how LONG you don't move, but just sitting in once place IS a viable tactic.  Camping if done right...is acceptable.

Some feel a mere net, is far outweighed by the need for other critical equipment. Forgettable as they are almost free. 

Occupying a position of advantage, using that advantage for damage, map control and spotting is a key part of the game.

Then combine that with using cover, either spotting or hard cover. Hulldown or popping out from behind something.

Four things spring to mind. 

--Getting to these engineered, therefore battled over spots takes luck or map reading.

--Using the position to advantage, to effectively fire, and view critical battle areas.

--Using the available cover and map reading to remain effective.

-- Key to the above, knowing when to leave, and get safely to another "position of advantage". Then set up their tent.

These positions are not secret, frequently advantageous to both teams, which explains the fights over them.

There are also positions of advantage, to back up other spots, hidden lairs for ambush along streets, corridors and open areas.

Anyone with a gun can, and will occupy these positions. 

Why the negative connotations? It sounds like you want to stop these heavies from being aggressive. "they just advance into excessive cover go hull down and spot everything."

The players behind are backing up advancing teammates, and need someone to "spot everything."

Mikosah #39 Posted May 23 2019 - 00:16

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

If these heavies (or anyone else for that matter) are advancing into useful forward positions and getting proper work done out of them, then they're doing exactly what they should and ought to be rewarded for it. Granted that the current map meta does favor corridor brawling, which sucks for tanks that aren't good at corridor brawling, but c'est la vie. Sniping in particular has lately become a very situational tactic and a surprisingly large percentage of the player base here in NA is still coming to terms with that. 

Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If you play actively and try to get work done at the front, then you're putting yourself in the single most dangerous position. You're exposing yourself to the maximum number of enemy guns and the fiercest competition for the most sought-after map positions. Sometimes the risk pays off, but sometimes it doesn't. Meanwhile on the other hand, if you instead hang back and passively wait for opportunities to come your way then you may be relatively safe during the early phases of the match, but the only time that the decision really pays off is if the enemy team has extended deep into your side of the map, which probably means that they've already won.

In complete sincerity, WG could make things better for everyone if there were simply a greater number of useful positions in the typical map, and that there were more long range sightlines across the board. The natural inclination is to passively snipe, so these players can be made far more relevant if their typical map positions were relevant. Not only does it give the passive players something to do, but it takes pressure off the active players and gives them some breathing room.

_Bagheera_ #40 Posted May 23 2019 - 00:45

Major

• Players
  • 36688 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostRawrlynn, on May 22 2019 - 01:23, said:

just wait until the spammo changes..... super heavies will be everywhere because they won't die near fast enough. 

IF they actually put that damage nerf in that's when I quit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users