2- Arty nerf = heavy armored tank/TD buff

ERGO: Resulting buffed heavy armored tank/TD  = more dull troglodyte campfests

VooDooKobra #42 Posted May 23 2019 - 04:56

Major

• Players
  • 9685 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostBatteredBastard, on May 21 2019 - 22:53, said:

All I see these days is heavy tanks camping. WG made it possible when they screwed teh maps up to nerf redline tds by adding EXCESSIVE COVER in the mid of the maps for heavies to advance with IMPUNITY.  Now they just advance into excessive cover go hull down and spot everything. Meanwhile TDs have 0 cover now thanks to map redesign.  And you all cried about TDs and arty. Get real. They over did it when they nerfed TDs lines of fire.  The only tanks worth playing now are SUPER HEAVIES that WG keeps pumping out. NOONE ELSE SHOULD BOTHER PLAYING AT THIS POINT. Their advantage is beyond EXCESSIVE NOW.

so you are upset that heavies are advancing to the middle of the maps and going hull down which is something heavies should do in most cases to protect weak lfp?  we are not talking camping redline in heavies are we?  we are talking players doing what they should be doing has you unhappy.  added to that you seem to feel TDs need more camo at the redline?

Wraytl #43 Posted May 23 2019 - 12:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4472 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH
Early Spotting, numerous TD op positions, heavy hitting premium TD's, too much arty, wheelies with almighty auto aim. I can't see why camping would become the norm? Frankly, i think WG is trying to turn the game into World of Camping Tanks. Arty does not prevent camping, it promotes it. TD's that have great cover and camo are guaranteed first shot. I can only say, if the WG crowd actually play the game, they are Arty TD players and won't change it till there are no targets because everyone is camping. So get out the smores and do some camping if you want WG to change things. It's your patriotic duty to hide in the bushes comrade.

VooDooKobra #44 Posted May 23 2019 - 13:37

Major

• Players
  • 9685 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostWraytl, on May 23 2019 - 04:40, said:

Early Spotting, numerous TD op positions, heavy hitting premium TD's, too much arty, wheelies with almighty auto aim. I can't see why camping would become the norm? Frankly, i think WG is trying to turn the game into World of Camping Tanks. Arty does not prevent camping, it promotes it. TD's that have great cover and camo are guaranteed first shot. I can only say, if the WG crowd actually play the game, they are Arty TD players and won't change it till there are no targets because everyone is camping. So get out the smores and do some camping if you want WG to change things. It's your patriotic duty to hide in the bushes comrade.

and yet when there 5+ arty per side heavies didnt camp?  sorry i am not buying it, tbh i dont know how much camping is going on in the OPs games but i do not see it much for it to be really an issue.  also reread the OPs post, its not like we are talking heavies camping by the arty or by the TD he is upset that heavies are finding hull down positions in the middle of the map.  now if you were in a heavy with a weak lfp wouldnt you want to get that weak spot covered?  it is my opinion that he is unhappy that the heavies in his games do not brawl face to face as much as he would want them to.    either that or he is in a vehicle that was having difficulty dislodging a hill down heavy.  as well he is unhappy that there is not enough cover for red line camping TDs so he wants TD camping red line? and getting easy shots at heavies who are not hull down to boot

Edited by VooDooKobra, May 23 2019 - 13:42.

ProfessionalFinn #45 Posted May 23 2019 - 13:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 25254 battles

View PostVooDooKobra, on May 23 2019 - 04:37, said:

and yet when there 5+ arty per side heavies didnt camp?  sorry i am not buying it, tbh i dont know how much camping is going on in the OPs games but i do not see it much for it to be really an issue.  also reread the OPs post, its not like we are talking heavies camping by the arty or by the TD he is upset that heavies are finding hull down positions in the middle of the map.  now if you were in a heavy with a weak lfp wouldnt you want to get that weak spot covered?  it is my opinion that he is unhappy that the heavies in his games do not brawl face to face as much as he would want them to.    either that or he is in a vehicle that was having difficulty dislodging a hill down heavy.  as well he is unhappy that there is not enough cover for red line camping TDs so he wants TD camping red line?

Yup.

Another proof point is FL.  FL is dynamic with movement and flanking.  Camping in FL is severely punished with all the indirect fire and airstrikes.

grandthefttankV #46 Posted May 23 2019 - 17:00

Major

• Players
  • 35316 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View PostProfessionalFinn, on May 23 2019 - 12:43, said:

Another proof point is FL.  FL is dynamic with movement and flanking.  Camping in FL is severely punished with all the indirect fire and airstrikes.

Yeah right. Have you seen the teams tasked with taking objective C?

Mikosah #47 Posted May 23 2019 - 18:34

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

View PostProfessionalFinn, on May 23 2019 - 06:43, said:

Yup.

In this context, camping is a problem that naturally solves itself. If a player is just sitting there doing nothing, then he's wasting time which is a very valuable resource in the match. If the position he's occupying suddenly becomes useful because the situation changes and he now has something to actually do from there, that's strictly a temporary arrangement. Simply given time, either the enemy he's engaging will die, or he will. In either case, once that happens his value in that particular position comes to an end. If he stays in a position that's outlived its usefulness, then once again he's squandering a precious resource and that alone is a far better motivator for movement than the vague threat of an indirect attack that may or may not materialize. 

As of situations where one map position is just too powerful, or that a given tank is just too dangerous when situated the right way, truthfully that's an error in map design. FL more or less avoids this problem (albeit with notable exceptions) by simply having so much space, so many movement routes, so many ways to circumvent positions that otherwise would be game-breaking. The indirect crap has really just been a flashy placebo.

ProfessionalFinn #48 Posted May 23 2019 - 18:41

Captain

• -Players-
  • 25254 battles

View PostgrandthefttankV, on May 23 2019 - 08:00, said:

Yeah right. Have you seen the teams tasked with taking objective C?

A problem with any discussion involving  "camping"  is its definition.  To me the meaning is so hackneyed the term is now meaningless with this exception:  the intent to offend. Camping always conveys condescension.  

To FL, static play is more common in the early stages of FL and much less so later.  A prime reason, the prevalence of indirect fire in the later stages compared to the start.

Copacetic #49 Posted May 23 2019 - 18:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 45160 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
This is new? 

VooDooKobra #50 Posted May 24 2019 - 05:13

Major

• Players
  • 9685 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostCopacetic, on May 23 2019 - 10:58, said:

This is new? 

what's new is the little twist the OP put on a classic.  instead of complaining about heavies hanging back near the arty and TDs he is upset that Heavies are "camping" the middle areas of the map hull down and putting themselves into position to see enemy tanks and heaven forbid shoot at them while his poor TD is at redline without clear lines of fire so he is unable to farm damage

Edited by VooDooKobra, May 24 2019 - 05:14.

headstash #51 Posted May 24 2019 - 08:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 32409 battles
  • [419] 419

have to say it.  wheeled tanks are ruining the game.  i've been trying to play heavies pretty heavily(no pun intended) for the last week and i get spotted out very quickly after the match starts and then the arty rain starts.  had alot of matches i can't even make it to city before the fast mediums and arty just demolish me.  wheeled tanks was the dumbest thing ever released.  and thats saying alot for WG.

don't even get me started on that ridiculous accuracy at 75kph and 250m out.  WoT is pretty much trash lately.   but you fools just keep lapping up the premium tanks and feeding these trolls at WG.  i almost wonder if they aren't trying to make the game so unbearable everyone quits.

Edited by headstash, May 24 2019 - 08:05.

Norseskald #52 Posted May 24 2019 - 08:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20959 battles
  • [SKALD] SKALD

View Post_Bagheera_, on May 23 2019 - 00:45, said:

IF they actually put that damage nerf in that's when I quit.

bye 

Tedsc #53 Posted May 24 2019 - 12:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 42068 battles

View PostBatteredBastard, on May 22 2019 - 06:53, said:

All I see these days is heavy tanks camping. WG made it possible when they screwed teh maps up to nerf redline tds by adding EXCESSIVE COVER in the mid of the maps for heavies to advance with IMPUNITY.  Now they just advance into excessive cover go hull down and spot everything. Meanwhile TDs have 0 cover now thanks to map redesign.  And you all cried about TDs and arty. Get real. They over did it when they nerfed TDs lines of fire.  The only tanks worth playing now are SUPER HEAVIES that WG keeps pumping out. NOONE ELSE SHOULD BOTHER PLAYING AT THIS POINT. Their advantage is beyond EXCESSIVE NOW.

Heavies camp because they are to slow to maneuver in the current maps.  For many, If you play a heavy you really are hoping for maps like Ensk, Himmelsdorf, Pilsen or Empires Border.  Any of the pivot maps like Sand River, Fisherman's Bay, Steppes and Muravanka or just plain wide open maps like Malinovka or Prokhoravka,  there is almost no point in going to the front because it is a single point where all TDs and WAY to many arty are just going to focus you.  Why would you go somewhere knowing that all that will come is arty focus?  So if you play in a heavy and don't get a favorable map, you try to minimize your exposure on maps that offer little to no cover and hope that enemy tanks get close enough that you can actually use your horribly inaccurate gun on them.

Honestly if they cut some additional streets into those massive city blocks and lowered the angle on the mounds in the field so you could actually use some terrain with gun depression, Paris would be a good hybrid map.  Interested to see what Kursk is like, the old version was fun with heavies but not fun with other classes.  Ghost town is good for other classes on the west side but the town is terrible taking every opportunity to stifle flanking maneuvers.

VooDooKobra #54 Posted May 24 2019 - 13:43

Major

• Players
  • 9685 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postheadstash, on May 24 2019 - 00:02, said:

have to say it.  wheeled tanks are ruining the game.  i've been trying to play heavies pretty heavily(no pun intended) for the last week and i get spotted out very quickly after the match starts and then the arty rain starts.  had alot of matches i can't even make it to city before the fast mediums and arty just demolish me.  wheeled tanks was the dumbest thing ever released.  and thats saying alot for WG.

don't even get me started on that ridiculous accuracy at 75kph and 250m out.  WoT is pretty much trash lately.   but you fools just keep lapping up the premium tanks and feeding these trolls at WG.  i almost wonder if they aren't trying to make the game so unbearable everyone quits.

are the wheelies really that much different than the glory days with tanks like the t50-2?  i cant remember the exact speed but i do remember it being the fastest one in the game.  does it need some adjusting, yes but ruining the game i think is a bit of an over reaction

View PostTedsc, on May 24 2019 - 04:30, said:

Heavies camp because they are to slow to maneuver in the current maps.  For many, If you play a heavy you really are hoping for maps like Ensk, Himmelsdorf, Pilsen or Empires Border.  Any of the pivot maps like Sand River, Fisherman's Bay, Steppes and Muravanka or just plain wide open maps like Malinovka or Prokhoravka,  there is almost no point in going to the front because it is a single point where all TDs and WAY to many arty are just going to focus you.  Why would you go somewhere knowing that all that will come is arty focus?  So if you play in a heavy and don't get a favorable map, you try to minimize your exposure on maps that offer little to no cover and hope that enemy tanks get close enough that you can actually use your horribly inaccurate gun on them.

Honestly if they cut some additional streets into those massive city blocks and lowered the angle on the mounds in the field so you could actually use some terrain with gun depression, Paris would be a good hybrid map.  Interested to see what Kursk is like, the old version was fun with heavies but not fun with other classes.  Ghost town is good for other classes on the west side but the town is terrible taking every opportunity to stifle flanking maneuvers.

​But like i said, isnt he complaining that heavies are advancing due to too much cover and spotting everything.  which means at least to me that these tanks are putting themselves into position where they can see and shoot the enemy.  he is also complaining about these vehicles going hull down which is an unusual complaint as well

Edited by VooDooKobra, May 24 2019 - 13:47.

grandthefttankV #55 Posted May 24 2019 - 14:58

Major

• Players
  • 35316 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View PostVooDooKobra, on May 24 2019 - 12:43, said:

are the wheelies really that much different than the glory days with tanks like the t50-2?  i cant remember the exact speed but i do remember it being the fastest one in the game.  does it need some adjusting, yes but ruining the game i think is a bit of an over reaction

Yes. It is not possible to track wheeled cancer. They also seem to deflect a lot more shells than tracked lights

VooDooKobra #56 Posted May 24 2019 - 19:24

Major

• Players
  • 9685 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostgrandthefttankV, on May 24 2019 - 06:58, said:

Yes. It is not possible to track wheeled cancer. They also seem to deflect a lot more shells than tracked lights

i agree they need to be adjusted.  But I do not believe arty or wheelies are the basis for the camping if you want to call a heavy in a spot where he can get eyes on enemy vehicles in the middle of the field of play camping because he is hull down. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users