WG Shave off 5% from the RNG

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Atragon #1 Posted May 22 2019 - 11:11

Major

• Players
  • 43791 battles

The RNG is getting ridiculous. I'm taking a break now since Im getting up early and I watch streamers before bed. You can really see the effect of the RNG when I watch others play as Im always thinking its just me.

The ghost shots whether RNG or not are also quite evident. 

From an outside view looking in, the game looks rather bad with the RNG at 25% and the ghost shots.

Just shave of 5% for now and see what the player response is. I don't think it will hurt a thing. If the response is bad, then just put it back. But I don't see it much trouble to put the RNG at 20% for a trial.

Edited by Atragon, May 22 2019 - 11:12.

ColonelShakes #2 Posted May 22 2019 - 12:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16469 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

View PostAtragon, on May 22 2019 - 11:11, said:

The RNG is getting ridiculous. I'm taking a break now since Im getting up early and I watch streamers before bed. You can really see the effect of the RNG when I watch others play as Im always thinking its just me.

From an outside view looking in, the game looks rather bad with the RNG at 25% and the ghost shots.

Just shave of 5% for now and see what the player response is. I don't think it will hurt a thing. If the response is bad, then just put it back. But I don't see it much trouble to put the RNG at 20% for a trial.

Aim properly.  By proper if you really want that shot you wait about 2 seconds from when you finish fully aiming.  I don't do it all the time but will if I have 1st shot advantage ( they are spotted I am not ) .  Recent hit % - 78.  

Atragon #3 Posted May 22 2019 - 12:05

Major

• Players
  • 43791 battles

View PostColonelShakes, on May 22 2019 - 06:02, said:

Aim properly.  By proper if you really want that shot you wait about 2 seconds from when you finish fully aiming.  I don't do it all the time but will if I have 1st shot advantage ( they are spotted I am not ) .  Recent hit % - 78.  

:popcorn:

Zwinmar #4 Posted May 22 2019 - 14:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17839 battles
  • [80PRF] 80PRF
Riiight, thats why you can sit there with an 'accurate' gun (Cent 1) and it never go straight while that russian tank can pop out, turn everything, snap shot, hit, and pen you.

cavalry11 #5 Posted May 22 2019 - 16:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49605 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
No matter how long or carefully you aim there are way to many good shots that don't come close.

jt1alta #6 Posted May 22 2019 - 17:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43450 battles

There would be 5% less cussing at my house,(especially at 1am) which would help keep me married.

TheGame_ #7 Posted May 22 2019 - 17:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38293 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

RNG exists to lessen the gap between good players and bad players.

The lower RNG % is, the more trash weak players are, also makes great players even better.

25% is there FOR players like you so you have a 25% base chance to win every fight and I have a 25% base chance to lose. Enjoy what you have.

TheGame_ #8 Posted May 22 2019 - 17:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38293 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
Also, you should probably change your signature if you want something like RNG changed so you hit more shots. Js.

Mikosah #9 Posted May 22 2019 - 19:04

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

View PostGame_HypedOnGFuel, on May 22 2019 - 10:37, said:

The lower RNG % is, the more trash weak players are, also makes great players even better.

25% is there FOR players like you so you have a 25% base chance to win every fight and I have a 25% base chance to lose. Enjoy what you have.

Not that simple, the much larger purpose of RNG is to encourage positional play. If hypothetically your shells could always be trusted hit a target as small as enemy's cupola for instance, then it wouldn't matter if he's in a perfect hull-down, or if instead he's completely out in the open and showing his flat side. He's going to get penetrated just as often either way. The fact that our guns are just so damn unreliable really means that strong positions are just that much stronger in the long run. And good players can and do take advantage of this to step on the new/bad players just as viciously as they could take advantage of a system with less RNG. Trying to either increase or decrease RNG for the new/bad players' sake is a fool's errand. 

But that said, there is a fair argument to be made that the game already goes well out of its way to force positioning and that to that end, RNG is redundant. If guns were generally more accurate and reliable, particularly on the move, then an active and movement-based gameplay style would become more common and that this would be a good thing.

TheGame_ #10 Posted May 22 2019 - 19:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38293 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostMikosah, on May 22 2019 - 13:04, said:

Not that simple, the much larger purpose of RNG is to encourage positional play. If hypothetically your shells could always be trusted hit a target as small as enemy's cupola for instance, then it wouldn't matter if he's in a perfect hull-down, or if instead he's completely out in the open and showing his flat side. He's going to get penetrated just as often either way. The fact that our guns are just so damn unreliable really means that strong positions are just that much stronger in the long run. And good players can and do take advantage of this to step on the new/bad players just as viciously as they could take advantage of a system with less RNG. Trying to either increase or decrease RNG for the new/bad players' sake is a fool's errand. 

But that said, there is a fair argument to be made that the game already goes well out of its way to force positioning and that to that end, RNG is redundant. If guns were generally more accurate and reliable, particularly on the move, then an active and movement-based gameplay style would become more common and that this would be a good thing.

​except it is that simple. 

if you take 5% off my RNG, me and players like me will absolutely destroy this server. 70+% wr. And most of the server will see how bad their aim actually is.

TankFullOfBourbon #11 Posted May 22 2019 - 19:28

Major

• Players
  • 30529 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostAtragon, on May 22 2019 - 11:11, said:

Would you really like to shave off 5% of your win rate? Or even 2.5%?

HeraldricKnight #12 Posted May 22 2019 - 19:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8452 battles

View PostGame_HypedOnGFuel, on May 22 2019 - 16:37, said:

You forgot to add that bad players also have 25% base chance to lose and you have a 25% base chance to win. RNG is not biased. 

'Hey, you know why you missed that KV-2's weakspot from under 200M? It's because you suck, and RNG was simply eliminating that pesky gap between your bothering to aim and that KV-2's audible laughter as he snap shots 900 damage into your turret.' 

#YourLogic

steelandpain #13 Posted May 22 2019 - 19:55

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13723 battles

View PostGame_HypedOnGFuel, on May 22 2019 - 19:24, said:

​except it is that simple. 

if you take 5% off my RNG, me and players like me will absolutely destroy this server. 70+% wr. And most of the server will see how bad their aim actually is.

You overestimate your impact on the server. First, RNG is less of a problem for better players, especially those who spam prem ammo like you (not saying it's bad, just a fact), so it won't make much difference in your stats. Second, there aren't enough players with 60%+ WR to impact games for most players, especially at lower tiers. Finally, when it comes to clan modes, top clans already dominate, so nothing will change there either.

For competitive player, it is irrational to oppose reduction of RNG influence on the game.

TheGame_ #14 Posted May 22 2019 - 19:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38293 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Poststeelandpain, on May 22 2019 - 13:55, said:

You overestimate your impact on the server. First, RNG is less of a problem for better players, especially those who spam prem ammo like you (not saying it's bad, just a fact), so it won't make much difference in your stats. Second, there aren't enough players with 60%+ WR to impact games for most players, especially at lower tiers. Finally, when it comes to clan modes, top clans already dominate, so nothing will change there either.

For competitive player, it is irrational to oppose reduction of RNG influence on the game.

It isn't irrational if you enjoy the game being alive.

Prem ammo does not always pen, just has a better chance. And it has no influence on aim (which is what OP is talking about). So that argument is either intentionally or unintentionally flawed as hell.

Look it up. The ONLY reason this game has any sort of RNG in aiming or damage or pen rolls is because it takes the huge skill gap between me and you and makes it smaller. To take RNG away or reduce its effect only works to increase the gap. I'll get better, you'll get worse. Its not even arguable.

Edit: RNG is exactly the same issue for every player. It has to be, otherwise its purpose (making the skill gap smaller) would be compromised.

Edited by Game_HypedOnGFuel, May 22 2019 - 20:00.

TheGame_ #15 Posted May 22 2019 - 20:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38293 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostWhiteBishop, on May 22 2019 - 13:48, said:

You forgot to add that bad players also have 25% base chance to lose and you have a 25% base chance to win. RNG is not biased. 

'Hey, you know why you missed that KV-2's weakspot from under 200M? It's because you suck, and RNG was simply eliminating that pesky gap between your bothering to aim and that KV-2's audible laughter as he snap shots 900 damage into your turret.' 

#YourLogic

​your proposed situation is literally RNG performing its purpose. so idk what ur hashtag is about.

HeraldricKnight #16 Posted May 22 2019 - 20:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8452 battles

View PostGame_HypedOnGFuel, on May 22 2019 - 19:04, said:

​your proposed situation is literally RNG performing its purpose. so idk what ur hashtag is about.

If I'm a Tomato player aiming at a weakspot with an accurate gun aiming at the side of a Uniscum KV-2 player within reasonable distance and it still completely misses and he shoots and destroys me while his turret is still moving, by your logic, RNG was helping bridge the skill gap between us so that I had a better shot at hitting him. 

RNG is not biased. 

If two players were aiming at a cupola with the same tank/gun configuration under 100M, one is a tomato and the other is a Uniscum, they still would have 25% RNG swinging either way. 

Edited by WhiteBishop, May 22 2019 - 20:14.

steelandpain #17 Posted May 22 2019 - 20:26

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13723 battles

View PostGame_HypedOnGFuel, on May 22 2019 - 19:59, said:

It isn't irrational if you enjoy the game being alive.

Prem ammo does not always pen, just has a better chance. And it has no influence on aim (which is what OP is talking about). So that argument is either intentionally or unintentionally flawed as hell.

Look it up. The ONLY reason this game has any sort of RNG in aiming or damage or pen rolls is because it takes the huge skill gap between me and you and makes it smaller. To take RNG away or reduce its effect only works to increase the gap. I'll get better, you'll get worse. Its not even arguable.

Edit: RNG is exactly the same issue for every player. It has to be, otherwise its purpose (making the skill gap smaller) would be compromised.

I didn't say the prem always pens, it simply reduces effect of penetration RNG, because you often have enough penetration even with full RNG nerf.

RNG impacts bad players far more in aiming as well, because, overall, their shots have a smaller margin of error. Better players have much higher percentage of shots aimed at larger weak spots, like rear or side of tanks, for obvious reasons.

Besides, you already have better crews and enhanced equipment (no doubt you run food on most tanks as well) that gives you an unfair advantage over majority of players, are you complaining about that? Unlikely.

Edited by steelandpain, May 22 2019 - 22:04.

3Darts #18 Posted May 23 2019 - 04:01

Private

• Players
  • 42268 battles
I mean, instead of creating a fair balanced team they make everyone's shots slightly less accurate for more chaos, randomness and frustration because the game is not frustrating enough,.

TheGame_ #19 Posted May 23 2019 - 13:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38293 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Poststeelandpain, on May 22 2019 - 14:26, said:

I didn't say the prem always pens, it simply reduces effect of penetration RNG, because you often have enough penetration even with full RNG nerf.

RNG impacts bad players far more in aiming as well, because, overall, their shots have a smaller margin of error. Better players have much higher percentage of shots aimed at larger weak spots, like rear or side of tanks, for obvious reasons.

Besides, you already have better crews and enhanced equipment (no doubt you run food on most tanks as well) that gives you an unfair advantage over majority of players, are you complaining about that? Unlikely.

​you should probably read the original post. Please copy/paste where penetration is the OP's issue, or if aiming is.

Atragon #20 Posted May 23 2019 - 13:18

Major

• Players
  • 43791 battles
What I am also saying in the original post is that shots that should pen dont just for the fact the computer doesn't allow it. And shots fully aimed disappear and I am questioning are ghost shots part of RNG.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users