Your Black list

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Yojimbo50 #1 Posted May 22 2019 - 20:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24529 battles
I just played a game where one of my own team shot me because I didn't stop and get out of his path.  Apparently he was much more important than me and I should have waited until he was well past me to move myself.  After the game I put him on my blacklist but realized that I didn't know what that does or means.  Can anyone tell me if that does any good for future encounters?

banziduck #2 Posted May 22 2019 - 21:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22135 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Other than not allow him to message you or you to see is chats it shows up in the tank list and reminds you that that player did something you did not like.  It won't stop you two from being on the same team again.

Cheers

Plays_With_Matches #3 Posted May 22 2019 - 21:04

Major

• Players
  • 29991 battles
  • [K-H] K-H

You sir are either a very tolerant individual or incredibly lucky if you don't know what the black list does after 21k battles.

The black list blocks the blacklisted player from being able to send you personal messages. It also blocks their chat and map pings in battle. You will occasionally see them in battle but they will be marked with a overlay on top of their tank icon in the player list.

GWyatt #4 Posted May 22 2019 - 21:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4272 battles
  • [VAN] VAN
You will not receive messages from that person (in chat or otherwise) but you will still see them in battle. Maybe on your team again.

Gothraul #5 Posted May 22 2019 - 21:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 2441 battles
Two changes would be nice for a lot of people is a higher limit than currently and for the mm to not put black listed players on the same team as you which would do wonders avoiding habitual team killers.

Ndtm #6 Posted May 22 2019 - 22:14

Major

• Players
  • 17694 battles

View PostGothraul, on May 22 2019 - 21:28, said:

and for the mm to not put black listed players on the same team as you which would do wonders avoiding habitual team killers.

That's never going to happen, and if you actually thought about it then you'd realise why, the current black list can contain 1,000 players, and so can the other players in the match, that's 30,000(of 15k for just one team) potentially different players blocked..

(and the matchmaker would have to go through the blacklist of every player to make sure no one is blocked, so if all have their list full it would have to go through the blacklists 15(each players list)*14(the other players for the current players list) times * 2 (have to check both teams), so at full lists, with no blocked players that'd be 420,000 list entries checked every match.. quite the waste of processing power)

And you could also go at it another way, instead of the intended usage of blocking annoying players there are those that.. lets say a good or bad player could block either many of the really good players or a couple of bad players, what do you think would happen? there are many who don't want to play against those "really good players" so all these players that "team up" could no matter what team they end up on they'll have someone on the other team on their "team" that will have blocked these "good players" and.. well.. probably don't have to explain further

bilzbobaggins #7 Posted May 22 2019 - 23:09

Captain

• Players
  • 49473 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
Its a list that you use to remind you who to team kill in the future.

tod914 #8 Posted May 22 2019 - 23:21

Major

• Players
  • 65379 battles

My black list?  It's full.  Sorry can't add you.  Try back later.

Spoiler

Edited by tod914, May 22 2019 - 23:24.

dunniteowl #9 Posted May 23 2019 - 00:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

I learned something new today.  I now know what the Black List actually does when you use it.

I knew it shut off chat.  I thought that's ALL it did.

I've used it ONE TIME so far and that was like, two years ago now?  I set it for an hour, just to make the guy leave me alone in my garage.  I un-black-listed them after that and have not even looked at the function since.

Yes, you can go a long time without using something in this game that many others might take for granted that EVERYONE should know -- and then someone shows up with like 47K matches asking how to move a crew from one tank to another (a Premium) and why does it show a red negative percentage, so...

Anything is possible.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users