frontline suggestion improve FL

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Ratnikk #1 Posted May 22 2019 - 23:01

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12297 battles
  • [DSRTD] DSRTD

WIth frontlines finished i have a few suggestions to try and help improve the next coming episode. Im pretty sure Wargaming wont read this to try to improve their game but it doesnt hurt to try right? Keep it constructive, no hate if you disagree, this is personal opinion.

1-Award rank exp for capturing points even if the capture failed. Sometimes heavies try to cap just to have the whole enemy team rush them and destroy them all while the campers in the back just wait out the storm, move in and cap easy. The one that pushed and drew their whole team gets nothing while the campers at the back get all the exp. To avoid exploiting by scouts that can zerg in and get early cap points, the exp should be awarded after 10-20 cap points are earned

2-Make captured zones in red unreachable to defenders. Every defender should stick to defence and not spawn killing or arty hunting. Whenever that happens theres less people to defend the actual objectives. People that act that way are a liability to the team.

3-safe zones in the back are way too small, people can easily spawn kill at most zones whenever you spawn, either add cover to those zones or make spawning vehicles invincible for 10 seconds after spawning.

4-Reduce light tank reserves to 1, their mobility is overpowered in frontlines they shouldnt be allowed to have more firepower with reserves. Heavies need at least 2 to be effective. 1 for engineering since theyre the punching bags of the team that will lead the charge.

5-Increase exp gain for slower tanks. I dont know if this is actually feasible but slower tanks should have better exp gain that fast ones. Its is highly unfair how lights can influence the outcome of the battle thanks to their speed, a slow tank cant turn back or support other lanes once theyre comitted to their path unless they suicide.

6-Force attackers to capture all zones in one column before they can target the bunker at the back. Theres no reason why they should have acces to all the bunkers once they only captured one single column. Fast moving tanks can sneak attack and destroy a whole team by themselves and defenders cant do anything about it unless they immediately suicide and spawn in a fast moving vehicle to intercept them.

7-Add more vehicles for rental of various classes with credits. 1 heavy, 1 medium, 1 light.

8-Zone C is uncapturable without support from the other conquered zones. Spawning at C means youre either gonna camp or get spawn killed by the defending team. Player overlimit on the other zones means youre stuck there to suffer. No one likes C, fix it.

TwixOps #2 Posted May 22 2019 - 23:27

Major

• Players
  • 50569 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

View PostRatnikk, on May 22 2019 - 18:01, said:

WIth frontlines finished i have a few suggestions to try and help improve the next coming episode. Im pretty sure Wargaming wont read this to try to improve their game but it doesnt hurt to try right? Keep it constructive, no hate if you disagree, this is personal opinion.

1-Award rank exp for capturing points even if the capture failed. Sometimes heavies try to cap just to have the whole enemy team rush them and destroy them all while the campers in the back just wait out the storm, move in and cap easy. The one that pushed and drew their whole team gets nothing while the campers at the back get all the exp. To avoid exploiting by scouts that can zerg in and get early cap points, the exp should be awarded after 10-20 cap points are earned

Eh, you shouldn't get xp for failing to cap something, plus that system seems ripe for exploit/rigging.  

2-Make captured zones in red unreachable to defenders. Every defender should stick to defence and not spawn killing or arty hunting. Whenever that happens theres less people to defend the actual objectives. People that act that way are a liability to the team.

No.  Arty needs to be afraid.  

3-safe zones in the back are way too small, people can easily spawn kill at most zones whenever you spawn, either add cover to those zones or make spawning vehicles invincible for 10 seconds after spawning.

I haven't seen people getting killed in base safe zone, but I could get behind a 10-20s spawn protection to protect people when they get spawned in the middle of the enemy team.   

4-Reduce light tank reserves to 1, their mobility is overpowered in frontlines they shouldnt be allowed to have more firepower with reserves. Heavies need at least 2 to be effective. 1 for engineering since theyre the punching bags of the team that will lead the charge.

Agreed, plus arty should only get 1 as well.  Defence arty with 2 strikes shouldn't be an automatic General

5-Increase exp gain for slower tanks. I dont know if this is actually feasible but slower tanks should have better exp gain that fast ones. Its is highly unfair how lights can influence the outcome of the battle thanks to their speed, a slow tank cant turn back or support other lanes once theyre comitted to their path unless they suicide.

No opinion

6-Force attackers to capture all zones in one column before they can target the bunker at the back. Theres no reason why they should have acces to all the bunkers once they only captured one single column. Fast moving tanks can sneak attack and destroy a whole team by themselves and defenders cant do anything about it unless they immediately suicide and spawn in a fast moving vehicle to intercept them.

NO.  The entire point of frontilne is that it has a changing battle line... The attacking team needs to be able to pressure D to stop the spawncamp on C.  You shouldn't just be able to sit in a fat heavy and dominate the course of the battle because the enemy can't dislodge you.  The way it is now, those heavies can still dominate whatever position they're in, but they're going to be flanked by a more flexible attacking team.  

7-Add more vehicles for rental of various classes with credits. 1 heavy, 1 medium, 1 light.

Sounds like a decent idea, would give newer players more competitiveness in FL

8-Zone C is uncapturable without support from the other conquered zones. Spawning at C means youre either gonna camp or get spawn killed by the defending team. Player overlimit on the other zones means youre stuck there to suffer. No one likes C, fix it.

That's the entire point of multiple battle lines.  The defenders want to camp on C?  Fine, but they're going to lose every other front while they try to farm damage.  

Mojo_Riesing #3 Posted May 23 2019 - 00:16

Captain

• Players
  • 19263 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostRatnikk, on May 22 2019 - 14:01, said:

I would ok with something awarded.   You totally lose me and the case you make blaming campers.  It's much more than that, usually that i see a failure to adequately cover the cap assault early on and heavy tanks rushing long before that's been done. 

No, i think encircling that offensive force with attacks from the rear are actually an interesting component of Frontline not easily done on conventional maps. 

Agree spawn points are more vulnerable than i'd like.  Not sure about "easily", but i'd agree to prohibition of any kind of indirect fire on a spawn by SPG, or called in Artillery/Aircraft

No, but yes to limiting to 1 offensive reserve with 2 defensive.  I think meds and heavies should have 1 each offense/defense as well.  I'd leave TD's as they are, Artillery to 1 Offense, 2 defense

No, just no.

Yes to this.

Maybe...whatever.

Disagree, Zone C is a remarkable tactical challenge that i think most players mis-play.  The key is to maintain or deny control of the bridge and connected elevated terrain. Do that and you can capture. Sorry you think it's so hard.

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted May 23 2019 - 02:08

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

I like it just like it is.

Please don't mess with it too much, WG... thanks.

Omega_Weapon #5 Posted May 23 2019 - 02:09

Major

• Players
  • 51770 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

Actually disagree with most of your points.

Point 1 has merit because as you say, the tank that starts to cap is helping their team by pressuring the defenders. They usually get wiped out and get nada experience wise, so giving some credit for unsuccessful captures makes sense.

Point 2 becomes moot if winning actually mattered, because running around in the back means you are not defending your remaining territory. If the team that wins gets an extra rank at the end, more people would play for the win.

Point 3 is a hard no. I hate the concept of magic "safe" zones entirely, so I don't support making them even safer.

Point 4 has some merit, but I'd rather give more combat reserves to other classes than reduce the reserves of the light tanks. Just restrict what reserve types are allowed per class. Heavies should get no attack reserves for example, and mediums should be allowed only one of the two (Arty or Airstrike). Let lights and TDs pick any reserves they like. I guess Arty should logically have anything but arty reserve.

Point 5 is hard to implement in any kind of fair way unless you simply increase the experience gain from direct damage by your own gun and for shots blocked/bounced by your armour.

Point 6 is a hard no. The "bunkers" (turrets) are in the rear area, not in the frontline zones (hence no more cap circles). If you let the enemy get into your rear areas, defense should become more problematic.

Point 7 I have no firm opinion of either way.

Point 8 is correct that Cap C is harder to take than A or B, but uncapturable is a gross exaggeration. Much like zone A, if you clear the defenders from the eastern ridge first, it becomes much easier to capture zone C. Very few teams try to do this though. We don't have to make it easier just because people are dumb.

Edited by Omega_Weapon, May 23 2019 - 02:11.

DrOoLeR_In_Da_HoUsE #6 Posted May 23 2019 - 02:30

Major

• Players
  • 41370 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
C is hard to cap because most "attacking players" play as defenders.. if they would grow a set, and push into and kill the defenders who are playing as the "attacking team" then after about 4-5 minutes they will be waiting for a minute or 2 to respawn, then you make your move and capture the objective..

Ratnikk #7 Posted May 23 2019 - 04:34

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12297 battles
  • [DSRTD] DSRTD

View PostxXx_Dead_Zombie_xXx, on May 22 2019 - 20:30, said:

C is hard to cap because most "attacking players" play as defenders.. if they would grow a set, and push into and kill the defenders who are playing as the "attacking team" then after about 4-5 minutes they will be waiting for a minute or 2 to respawn, then you make your move and capture the objective..

I get what youre saying but that tactic is only valid if you have good players willing to go on the offensive in C, Even then when you start capping everyone on the other team has shots on you either from behind cover close to the cap or from all the way in the back where the train tracks are, not even including their spg wich has easy shots on all the cap zone. The way to cap would be to overwhelm the east side and support the cap but that only happens after other zones are cleared first and you have the numbers to assault. I get it that this is by design but its highly unfair for everyone spawning at C, theyre pretty much doomed until support arrives.

Also tagged with frontline, suggestion, improve, FL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users