Jump to content


Game crashing after 2nd or 3rd Match, for couple weeks...

Windows Game crash

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ChaosKampf #1 Posted May 23 2019 - 17:29

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12289 battles
  • 124
  • [KAMPF] KAMPF
  • Member since:
    10-27-2017

Windows is fully updated, so is game. It happens sometime after starting the game, usually 1st, 2nd, or 3rd match, but other than that, no rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes as match is loading, sometimes halfway through a match.

 

Ran the "Repair" thing on the WG launcher a week or so ago when it first started happening, but made no difference. Running Aslains crosshair/reticle mods, but makes no difference when I'm not running Aslains either, so that isn't the problem...

 

Whatever it is, it isn't a CTD, it's a full re-start every time. And I have a pretty good computer, as far as hardware goes, so I don't think it has anything to do with that either.

 

Game runs fine after the daily crash, even if I play it for several hours, it is stable and runs fine. Next day though, when starting the game again, it will crash sometime within first three matches.



_Tsavo_ #2 Posted May 23 2019 - 17:52

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 46189 battles
  • 19,676
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

The crash, is it hard system lock requiring reboot or spontaneous reboot? 

 

What are your system specs?  Does it crash in other games?  



Syberfly #3 Posted May 23 2019 - 18:20

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 25602 battles
  • 282
  • [GNZX1] GNZX1
  • Member since:
    05-04-2016
That use to happen to me. I took care of it by after the game have three updates I just uninstall and reinstall, been doing it for 2 years and it has not crashed again. it works for me.

QuicksilverJPR #4 Posted May 23 2019 - 18:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 27880 battles
  • 4,790
  • [RPG] RPG
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013
Did you update your graphics card driver as well?

ChaosKampf #5 Posted May 23 2019 - 20:02

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12289 battles
  • 124
  • [KAMPF] KAMPF
  • Member since:
    10-27-2017

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 23 2019 - 10:52, said:

The crash, is it hard system lock requiring reboot or spontaneous reboot? 

 

What are your system specs?  Does it crash in other games?  

 

Spontaneous reboot.

 

 

View PostSyberfly, on May 23 2019 - 11:20, said:

That use to happen to me. I took care of it by after the game have three updates I just uninstall and reinstall, been doing it for 2 years and it has not crashed again. it works for me.
 

 

I'll try it if that's the only way. My internet is plenty fast enough to play the game, but reloading the game takes well over an hour with unrestricted download. (or WOWS did, the last time I re-installed it, anyway. WOT is probably much bigger)

 

 

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on May 23 2019 - 11:35, said:

Did you update your graphics card driver as well?

 

Yes, but Nvidia updates usually cause me more problems than they're worth. I don't think it's that this time, because I updated it about a week ago and nothing changed.



QuicksilverJPR #6 Posted May 23 2019 - 20:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 27880 battles
  • 4,790
  • [RPG] RPG
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

I only ask because when I did the latest nVidia update, my game started crashing, and it hadn't done that since I solved another long standing issue I had with the game crashing (resources conflict with mobo software and the game itself).  I rolled it back to the prior version, and it hasn't crashed since.

 

What kind of mobo do you have?



ChaosKampf #7 Posted May 23 2019 - 21:57

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12289 battles
  • 124
  • [KAMPF] KAMPF
  • Member since:
    10-27-2017

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on May 23 2019 - 13:23, said:

I only ask because when I did the latest nVidia update, my game started crashing, and it hadn't done that since I solved another long standing issue I had with the game crashing (resources conflict with mobo software and the game itself).  I rolled it back to the prior version, and it hasn't crashed since.

 

What kind of mobo do you have?

 

No idea. It's a mid-range gaming computer I had Cybertron (in Kansas) build me about 2 years ago.

 

AMD FX-8300 8 core processor, 16G of Ram (Corsair), and Nvidia GTX 1050ti. That's pretty much all I know about it, because those were the options I chose. Don't know all that much about computers, other than how to play games and surf the web.

 

 

 


Edited by ChaosKampf, May 23 2019 - 21:59.


QuicksilverJPR #8 Posted May 24 2019 - 05:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 27880 battles
  • 4,790
  • [RPG] RPG
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View PostChaosKampf, on May 23 2019 - 15:57, said:

 

No idea. It's a mid-range gaming computer I had Cybertron (in Kansas) build me about 2 years ago.

 

AMD FX-8300 8 core processor, 16G of Ram (Corsair), and Nvidia GTX 1050ti. That's pretty much all I know about it, because those were the options I chose. Don't know all that much about computers, other than how to play games and surf the web.

 

 

 

 

You can take the side panel off and look at the brand of the motherboard... :)

ChaosKampf #9 Posted May 24 2019 - 12:45

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12289 battles
  • 124
  • [KAMPF] KAMPF
  • Member since:
    10-27-2017

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on May 23 2019 - 11:35, said:

Did you update your graphics card driver as well?

 

Ended up activating the "Nvidia Experience" program in my computer, and let it handle the latest Nvidia drivers, instead of just going to Nvidia's website and doing it manually. That seems to have solved the problem.

 

As far as I could tell, it was the same update I already had, but took a lot longer to install when doing it with the "Experience" program, so apparently my manual download didn't actually do anything.



ChaosKampf #10 Posted May 24 2019 - 14:26

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12289 battles
  • 124
  • [KAMPF] KAMPF
  • Member since:
    10-27-2017

Nope... Didn't fix it. Was fine yesterday, now it's crashed three times in a row this morning, all about 15 seconds after timer countdown in Match.

 

Everything is running latest drivers and updates, WOT has been uninstalled, then reinstalled. Whatever it is, doing all that actually made it worse.



QuicksilverJPR #11 Posted May 24 2019 - 15:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 27880 battles
  • 4,790
  • [RPG] RPG
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View PostChaosKampf, on May 24 2019 - 08:26, said:

Nope... Didn't fix it. Was fine yesterday, now it's crashed three times in a row this morning, all about 15 seconds after timer countdown in Match.

 

Everything is running latest drivers and updates, WOT has been uninstalled, then reinstalled. Whatever it is, doing all that actually made it worse.

 

I would d/l and install the 430.39 drivers and use those.  The day I updated to the new 430.64 drivers, I started having lockup crashes...

 

Rolled the drivers back to 430.39 and not one issue.







Also tagged with Windows, Game crash

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users