So I bought my mt25 and KV 13 but I think I made some mistakes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

southtown00 #1 Posted May 23 2019 - 17:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2777 battles

So I realized I had an entire tank crew from a old light tank that was at a hundred percent and transfered them to the mt25 and then I spent all this money retraining them and that tank was supposed to be really fast I'm hoping when I get to new engine it will be what I want it to be. Must have gotten nerfed or I need the new engine. Then a couple years ago they rented me a t-38 85 and I realized I still had a 100% crew so I transferred that to the KV 13 and took major penalties. So let's start with the KV 13. I now have vents on it and a 98% Commander and 105% rest of the crew. Two of them had their skills transferred over which is the Gunner with Deadeye and the loader with safe stowage. I'm a little confused though because I have a t-34 with vents and the commander is at 105 percent so what happens to his skill if I remove the vent and replaced it with another piece of equipment. I assumed the vents put him over a hundred percent and allowed me to add skills. So if I took the vents off would he lose his sixth sense? then I put vents on my KV 13 and the commander is at 100% but it won't allow me to add skills. Also the KV was transferred from like I said the t-38 85m. for some reason when I had  just started the game four years ago i trained the commander for situational awareness got to 41% and I just switched it for sixthsense. Does that mean I lost that 41% training in situational awareness? I thought if you switch the skill you could come back to it where it was. Now with the mt25 I want to put that engine on and Scoot around like a maniac like those wheel vehicle guys. I hate those wheeled vehicles but mt25 isnt nearly as fast as I've seen in all the videos but thought it speed was fair because it's a One-Shot pretty much to anyone which seems fair for the speed but I pump a couple of apcr into an EBR wheel vehicle and roll for like 70 hp with my tiger. I understand now that I don't know as much about this game is I thought I did but there is still a little bit of twilight zone going on here. I know I I just went on a rant talking into my phone so there might be some mis spellings or confusing sentences hopefully you'll get the point from some of this I'll haveI'll have to play a few more games to figure this out. At leastAt least I'll be able to to get my IS though eventually. What's annoying to is I have a a commander that's at 98% and retrain to 100% cost 200 gold where as if he we're at 80% I I could train him to 100% for the same amount of gold. Shouldn't the training price be by points instead of one flat tax? I thought you use Elite tanks 2 Train Crews but what's the point if you have to almost spend the same amount of gold to get them back to 100? Also with thethe KV 13 whichwhich gun should I go for? Why can't I train my commander that's on 100% with vents for a skill. I just blasted away $3000000 creditsand almost all my gold for this. if anyone can give me advice on where to go and what to do with these two tanks now that I have them I'd really appreciate it. I'm sure I will have fun with both of them but they need further modifications and I'm running low on resources. Now I'm going to have to sit in my Hummel for a couple hours a day to make some credit back which starts to feel like work and not fun. Anyway thanks for reading this any advice would be great thank you

Insanefriend #2 Posted May 23 2019 - 18:06

Captain

• Players
  • 44355 battles
One large long paragraph is hard to read, might I suggest breaking it into two parts.  One talking about the mt-25 and the other talking about the kv-13.  Other wise it is very hard to understand what it is your asking questions about.

Kramah313 #3 Posted May 23 2019 - 18:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3918 battles

I’m pretty new still also, but hopefully some of this will help. The extra 5 percent boost from vents is a boost in effective skill, or what results you’ll get on camo, reload time, etc that base skill affects, but does not grant early access to adding perks and crew skills. If you pay credits to train a crew member on a new tank, they may go down from 100% to 90%, so you’ll lose some base stats like accuracy, reload time, etc, but you’ll still get the benefits of skills and perks you already had. You cannot continue training those skills and perks until you’re back up to 100% on that crew member without BiA or vents though. 

Elite tanks are are able to use the accelerate crew training feature like premium tanks. But premium tanks are much better for crew training because they don’t have to be trained to the tank itself. For example your T-50-2 can be operated by your MT-25 without retraining them to the T-50-2 or taking any penalty for it because it is the same nation and tank class (soviet and light tank). The same is true for your T-34-85M and the KV-13 (although you mentioned the T-34 85M was a rental - if so I would consider buying that one. It’s cheap, available with gold, fun to play, and good for its tier). 

Crews are hard to grind for those of us with fewer battles, like not tens of thousands. I’m in that boat as well. Premium tanks help a lot. They do cost money, but in this case that money will save time of playing tech tree tanks for longer to improve the crew skills. 

It’s hard to advance fast through the tiers when you have low battles without being broke or having weak crews. But that’s not all bad. While grinding the crew skills, you’ll be grinding your own skills at the game too. That way, when you do get that IS you’ll be better equipped to play it in more ways than one. 

Edited by Kramah313, May 23 2019 - 18:48.

Pupsrus13 #4 Posted May 23 2019 - 19:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6544 battles

So let me see if I'm reading this right. You:

Took a crew from a light tank you had in the past, and transferred it over to the MT-25 you just bought, and retrained them for it.

Then you did the same with a rental T-34-85 crew, and put it into the KV-13. None of this is asking a question, it's just filler.

Then you ask whether or not taking Vents off of your T-34 will remove the perk from your commander. The answer is no- crewmen do not lose skills and perks, if you drop below 100% they just become inactive, which wouldn't even happen here unless you're using the purple vents, which I highly doubt you have. Regular vents only give 5% bonus.

Then, you transferred the Vents over to your KV-13 to give the commander 100% base skill. The game keeps track of the base qualification percentage- he's still at 95% and therefore will not learn crew skills until he hits base 100%, because experience gained towards perks/skills is overflow from their basic qualifications.

After that, you go on to say that you reset the Situatonal Awareness skill for the Sixth Sense perk... at 41%. This is a no-no; do not reset skills like Camoflauge, Repairs, Situational Awareness, etc. for perks like Sixth Sense until they hit 100%- this is because perks only become active at 100% training for that perk tier. Skills are always active, they just become more effective as you train them, like the crews themselves.

Now, here's the part where I start getting really skeptical- You fire "APCR" from a Tiger- you don't specify whether it's a Tiger 1 or 2 or a premium Tiger but it's a moot point anyway- and roll for 70 damage? I think you more than likely fired HE- Even with the stock gun on a Tiger 1 you're only going to roll as low as 101 with AP or APCR, as there's a possible 25% damage variance either way, and regardless of what tank you came off of, you wouldn't be playing with the stock gun anyway as most of the Tiger's guns come from the previous tank.

Here's another mistake you made- from what you're saying regarding crew training, it sounds like you're retraining the crews for the premium tanks you're putting them in- do NOT do this, just put them into the tank and do not retrain them! The idea is to keep the training for the main tech tree tank you're using them for, while playing the Premium, since there is no penalty for using a premium tank of the same type and nation for the crew, as long as you don't retrain them for the Premium tank in question! As a matter of fact, there's extra EXP for the crew for driving a Premium! Example: You have a Tiger 1. You could put that crew into a VK 45.03 with no penalty, and use that tank to train the crew by playing the game- do not use the Retrain button in the garage, just put them in the tank and play the game.

Some other things to note- Do NOT retrain crews with gold unless you plan on keeping the tank. Retrain them 75%, for 20,000 silver per person, put them in a same-type premium, and play until they hit at least 100%. Make sure you turn on "Accelerate crew training" in the garage, above the crew listing, before you play.

Don't try and earn credits with artillery, you're just setting yourself up for failure- play a passive light tank, sit in a scouting bush, and rack up at least your health's worth in spotting to earn decent EXP and credits.

Both the MT-25 and KV-13 are good tanks, but if you want to make credits without a premium, upgrade the MT-25 fully and go scouting, or just put the 122mm howitzer on the KV-13 and hang close to the heavies on the front line and play peek-a-boom every time they trade shots with the enemy.

southtown00 #5 Posted May 24 2019 - 04:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2777 battles
Thanks for the advice if anyone else wants to chime in please please do so. I got the new engine for the mt25 and did get the commander trained it to a hundred with gold and I am having fun run out around it like a maniac and I'm starting to figure it out a little bit but what's great is I'm losing most of my battle if it's still making credits and that's awesome. By the way it's the tiger one that I have. I think this is going to work out when I figure out what I'm doing but they didn't turn out to be a black hole of credits. I can actually sell sustained with these tanks. Lake with a tiger one at bottom tier it seems I lose credits every time even if I win the game and stay alive and don't use premium ammo. Another thing is I have a way of killing those freaking wheeled vehicles that annoy the hell out of me. They still have an advantage but at least I got a chance now but I scored a lowest HP but got first place and experience for spawning in my MT so now I just have to figure out how to do it passively and not be so aggressive.

VooDooKobra #6 Posted May 24 2019 - 05:45

Major

• Players
  • 9476 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postsouthtown00, on May 23 2019 - 20:28, said:

Thanks for the advice if anyone else wants to chime in please please do so. I got the new engine for the mt25 and did get the commander trained it to a hundred with gold and I am having fun run out around it like a maniac and I'm starting to figure it out a little bit but what's great is I'm losing most of my battle if it's still making credits and that's awesome. By the way it's the tiger one that I have. I think this is going to work out when I figure out what I'm doing but they didn't turn out to be a black hole of credits. I can actually sell sustained with these tanks. Lake with a tiger one at bottom tier it seems I lose credits every time even if I win the game and stay alive and don't use premium ammo. Another thing is I have a way of killing those freaking wheeled vehicles that annoy the hell out of me. They still have an advantage but at least I got a chance now but I scored a lowest HP but got first place and experience for spawning in my MT so now I just have to figure out how to do it passively and not be so aggressive.

i see though you have skills that do not activate until 100% though.  i would recommend looking at starting with either repairs or camouflage that get better as your skill % of each crew member having it goes up.  repairs would be handy for the KV13 imo because you will be able to do track repair a lot faster.  camo though for a light tank is usually a good start as well.  then when you get your next set this is where there are differences of opinion.  some say change the new 100% skills to BIA and start either repairs or camo again while others feel it more of an advantage to put 6th sense on your commander and then restart either camo or repair for him while working on other skills for your crew 

as for what gun to use on the KV13 i have found both to be useful, the derp is fun and if you can get over the lower alpha of the pea shooter it can also be fun to use.  try both and see which works better with your play style

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users