Tier 6 token - which line?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Mahrs #1 Posted May 24 2019 - 20:09

Private

• -Players-
  • 329 battles

I'm a on again off again console player that is dabbling in PC WoT. I just earned my token for a tech tree 6 and was considering several options:

1. The Swede - grab the medium and get to grinding

2. The Frenchie - ARL-44

3. ???

I've got some experience with Russian mediums from console as well as French lights, I enjoy both. I've been underwhelmed by American and Russian heavies through tier 7. I generally despise anything without a turret.

I'm looking for something that will give me a little different flavor than console. I'm biased towards trying a mobile heavy with decent gun handling or a mobile medium line... I think.

Thoughts? 

dnaman #2 Posted May 24 2019 - 20:14

Captain

• Players
  • 31850 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
If you’re planning on going all the way up, the commonly used tier X tanks are things like the Obj 277, BC25, Obj 140, maybe the Polish heavy.  For what you say you like, the BC might be your best bet. 

MakersMike #3 Posted May 24 2019 - 20:28

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3447 battles

View PostMahrs, on May 24 2019 - 11:09, said:

I'm a on again off again console player that is dabbling in PC WoT. I just earned my token for a tech tree 6 and was considering several options:

1. The Swede - grab the medium and get to grinding

2. The Frenchie - ARL-44

3. ???

I've got some experience with Russian mediums from console as well as French lights, I enjoy both. I've been underwhelmed by American and Russian heavies through tier 7. I generally despise anything without a turret.

I'm looking for something that will give me a little different flavor than console. I'm biased towards trying a mobile heavy with decent gun handling or a mobile medium line... I think.

Thoughts? 

The new wheeled vehicles are a blast to play.   The line starts at tier 6 and it would enable you to skip playing the horrible first 5 tanks in that line.  They really are kind of a bummer to play I think.  Try and use it for a line of tanks that you absolutely don't want to play the first 5 tanks in.  Tier 6's come fast enough.  So if there's a tier 6 you want, but the tiers before it look like fun too, then don't use it on that one.

The tier 9 and 10 of the wheeled vehicles are probably the best two light's in the game now.  And the one's before it are among the best and very very fun to play.  People crapped on the tier 6 when the line first came out, but fully upgraded I really enjoyed it and did great against other tier 6 lights.  It's super quick and it goes the same speed in reverse so it gets out of a jam quickly.  The opinion on it has changed and most people I talk to have fun in it.  And the line keeps getting better from there. 

That's my suggestion at least.  Good luck and have fun. 

Edited by MakersMike, May 24 2019 - 20:34.

BoredSightsNA #4 Posted May 24 2019 - 20:44

Captain

• Players
  • 26241 battles

My suggestion is to unlock the KV-85 or the T-34-85 to get you to the IS-3 or the T-44. With either tank line you can unlock multiple tier 10 tanks. If you never went above the IS or KV-3 you won't regret the IS-3. I do regret the KV-4. I've been working on that line for many years. I don't have any knowledge on the IS-M line. Maybe watch some streams, YouTube videos, or read the Wiki on each tank line.

wayne_1313 #5 Posted May 24 2019 - 20:49

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6347 battles

Go RUS .... I did and went all the way to IS-7 @ Tier 10

Fun stuff

the_dude_76 #6 Posted May 24 2019 - 20:54

Major

• Players
  • 33381 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

The t34-85 is probably the best option, especially since you get the 85M as a 10 day rental, you'll be able to use it to train up your 34-85 crew so you won't be starting out in tier 6 with a junk crew.

If you want a different "flavor", it's hard to beat the KV-2 for the laughs

Mahrs #7 Posted May 24 2019 - 21:48

Private

• -Players-
  • 329 battles

Speaking from console - I know the Russian heavies aren't bad, I played many as a noob though, so perhaps that's why I don't remember them fondly. I recently played the IS and it soured me on the line so much that I stopped to try the KV-2...which is good for giggles, but the mobility is wretched and the armor ineffectual. The Russians don't look as good as the Chinese on paper at high tier, interestingly. The Obj-140 is a fine tank, I mostly enjoyed the line... My one and only tier 10, I'd like to think that what little I know, I learned from this grind. 

As a noob, I rely a lot on mobility to reposition and I enjoy keeping on the move and flanking (thus my enjoyment of the ELC AMX, 12t and 13-75). I been enjoying my American Heavium loaner, surprisingly.

Anyway, thanks for all the input... There's just so many tanks! 

redjkent #8 Posted May 24 2019 - 22:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 88765 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
i would go with russian german and american heavie lines, american and russian mediums all good tier 6s

MakersMike #9 Posted May 25 2019 - 05:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3447 battles

You will soon get plenty of tier 6's.  You should use the token on a line that has a horrible grind for the 1-5 tiers.  

Some of the good lines being mentioned are also decent grinds in the early tiers.  Why use up the token for a tank line that you might have fun playing the tiers below 6? So one more time I have to suggest you go with the French lights, and get the wheeled vehicle because you avoid a long and boring grind that way.

You mentioned experience with the French lights.  The tier 3 & 4 amx lights are slower than most heavies,  Just slow and boring and even with the minimal experience you have to grind it feels like a chore.  Then the tier 5 AMX ELC bis. It might be good on the console and not received the death nerf that it did in the pc version, but it is not a fun tank on pc wot.  You get a 90mm or 75mm gun choice.  The 90mm stops the turret's rotation and only gives you 30 degrees in either direction, with is annoying.  It gives 240 dmg, but then you have a 14 second reload.  Way too slow for the gun.  Any one v one scenario's with another light and you're dead before the reload.  Horrible aim time of 2.9 and not accurate from a distance.  The 75 mm gets fully rotating turret, but turret still doesn't turn fast and the tank itself is not quick.  It says 50 km/hr top speed but it takes a long time to get there.  Maybe the worst tier 5 light now.  So avoid this line and go with the wheeled tier 6 for a ton of fun.

Edited by MakersMike, May 25 2019 - 05:09.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users