Could we return the open chat?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

xXMogarXx #61 Posted May 27 2019 - 00:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 5913 battles
Id prefer voice chat for teammates/platoons that you could mute individually or as a group. Being able to speak with teammates during critical moments would greatly help. I mean thats what the radios are for in the tank aren't they? Even better you tie the team speak into your tanks radio distance lol. Id be much happier to see the flavor added into the game play people playing patriotic music during there games and at worst you can just mute them.

grandthefttankV #62 Posted May 27 2019 - 00:55

Major

• Players
  • 34941 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View PostxXMogarXx, on May 26 2019 - 23:53, said:

Id prefer voice chat for teammates/platoons that you could mute individually or as a group. Being able to speak with teammates during critical moments would greatly help. I mean thats what the radios are for in the tank aren't they? Even better you tie the team speak into your tanks radio distance lol. Id be much happier to see the flavor added into the game play people playing patriotic music during there games and at worst you can just mute them.

Then we would get the xbox live style rage we see in so many youtube videos. The snowflakes would cry even louder and voice chat would be taken away.

Siege_Engine #63 Posted May 27 2019 - 03:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11305 battles
  • [-UFA-] -UFA-

View PostMojo_Riesing, on May 26 2019 - 22:36, said:

Nope, not shamed at all. Just sick and tired of cretins who feel it's their right to smack around other players they feel superior to and when confronted resort to the "snowflake" crap even while they themselves hide.  It's precisely because of that behavior that cross team chat was eliminated, by Wargaming acknowledging toxicity was out of control.  It will never come back, so long as folks like you continue to carry on.

Well said.  +1

AZandEL #64 Posted May 27 2019 - 03:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29557 battles

View Postlonezewolf, on May 25 2019 - 00:22, said:

The game feels less fun without the open chat being present. It was always nice to see a KV-2 on one team, and other was a O-I, and the two would beef it out. Or on rare occasions have a Fv304 jousting battle. 

Edit: So i am aware that people use to give away your postion or the enemy would give away their own position. However, the current chat system of your own team is dull and boring. Sure, the community is toxic, sure, it could be less toxic, but the open chat was entertaining. However, now its just boring, people can still Pm you messages after the game, so what's the point?

No.

Mojo_Riesing #65 Posted May 27 2019 - 13:54

Captain

• Players
  • 19257 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostgrandthefttankV, on May 26 2019 - 15:52, said:

Makes a post virtue signalling about how much he hates toxicity.

Proceeds to call people cretins. 

Hypocrisy thy name is mojo. I should ask wargaming to shut down the entire wot forums now because you are being so toxic.

NO, just what you expect least.  What you would a "snowflake" going toe to toe with you.  Tough when folks fight back 'eh?  That's why you lost chat :)

grandthefttankV #66 Posted May 27 2019 - 14:28

Major

• Players
  • 34941 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View PostMojo_Riesing, on May 27 2019 - 12:54, said:

NO, just what you expect least.  What you would a "snowflake" going toe to toe with you.  Tough when folks fight back 'eh?  That's why you lost chat :)

Denial does not make you any less of a hypocrite. Or a cretin. Or a snowflake.

Thats the problem with you snowflakes. You love virtue signalling and asserting how you are the moral compass of all things, but in reality you resort to the same name calling, insults and toxicity that you supposedly advocate against. If you are going to convince us that “toxicity” is a problem in WOT, maybe get off your own high horse and practice what you preach. Maybe then you will convince us of the “wisdom” of your ways.

The reality is of course, that you are not interested in stopping “toxicity.” You just want to silence speech you dont want to hear, while reserving the right to say toxic things yourself. Your posts above are a case in point. According to your irrational logic, its not OK for someone to call you a snowflake, but OK for you to call others cretins. But hey I guess that’s OK since you appointed yourself the moral hall monitor of the forums.

Also your last post makes absolutely no grammatical sense whatsoever. Proofread much?

The only thing that disgusts me more than a snowflake is a hypocrite.

Mojo_Riesing #67 Posted May 27 2019 - 17:00

Captain

• Players
  • 19257 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostgrandthefttankV, on May 27 2019 - 05:28, said:

Denial does not make you any less of a hypocrite. Or a cretin. Or a snowflake.

Thats the problem with you snowflakes. You love virtue signalling and asserting how you are the moral compass of all things, but in reality you resort to the same name calling, insults and toxicity that you supposedly advocate against. If you are going to convince us that “toxicity” is a problem in WOT, maybe get off your own high horse and practice what you preach. Maybe then you will convince us of the “wisdom” of your ways.

The reality is of course, that you are not interested in stopping “toxicity.” You just want to silence speech you dont want to hear, while reserving the right to say toxic things yourself. Your posts above are a case in point. According to your irrational logic, its not OK for someone to call you a snowflake, but OK for you to call others cretins. But hey I guess that’s OK since you appointed yourself the moral hall monitor of the forums.

Also your last post makes absolutely no grammatical sense whatsoever. Proofread much?

The only thing that disgusts me more than a snowflake is a hypocrite.

No, not speech, just folks like you. People who THINK it's their right to be abusive, which it's not.  I may be talking strong back at you here, but these are Forums and not in-game play.  It's not the game that many just want to play and have fun in without harassment. That's a huge difference you just seem to blow off.  It's about in-game people who derive enjoyment from not just winning a game (you'd think that's enough) but have to go further and browbeat/harass others. Does that behavior make someone a cretin?  Actually, it's being kind, they are worse than that.  It's not for me to teach you moral clarity, but i'm sure not going to let you carry on unopposed either. Again here's the thing, Wargaming agrees...which is WHY cross team chat went away.  NOTHING shows that Wargaming has changed their minds on this.  My guess is they judged it to be not in the best interests of their profitability, and/or attracting and retaining new players. So there it is, you come from a premise that is already rejected and you really don't like folks to remind you of that.  Your "hypocrisy" is you start from this flawed idea that it's "OK" to be abusive and in a response typical of our time, you turn it around and make the victim the perpetrator. 

I don't know if WG will implement a PvE mode, but if they did, it will ONLY be because it's more profitable for them.  If that happens and as many suspect a LOT of players, admittedly statistically less proficient, migrate to that PvE game you can add toxic behavior to that list.

At this point, we're done here. It's not contributing to much for you and i to argue without end. Adios.

grandthefttankV #68 Posted May 27 2019 - 18:40

Major

• Players
  • 34941 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View PostMojo_Riesing, on May 27 2019 - 16:00, said:

No, not speech, just folks like you. People who THINK it's their right to be abusive, which it's not. 

When did I ever say abuse was OK? I specifically said there should be certain limits to what is allowed, such as limits on things like racism, homophobia and threats. Clearly you dont or cant read. Do not falsify what I say to justify your nonsensical agenda.

I may be talking strong back at you here, but these are Forums and not in-game play. 

Talking strong? Nope. You sound like a weak-willed snowflake who is getting triggered cause his feelings cant handle the facts I am saying. Nobody here is demanding everyone stop talking just because they dont like hearing what is being said except you, snowflake. And let me get this straight, you actually think that offensive language and abusive conduct is OK in the forums, but not in game? News flash snowflake, abusive conduct and offensive words are no different in either forum. It is utterly stupid for you to think that you are justified for calling others cretins in the forums, but that somehow you are entitled to be shielded from being called the same in game. 

It's not the game that many just want to play and have fun in without harassment. That's a huge difference you just seem to blow off. 

And has has already been established, there is a difference between scathing criticism and unacceptable conduct. You really cant tell the difference between the the two cant you?

It's about in-game people who derive enjoyment from not just winning a game (you'd think that's enough) but have to go further and browbeat/harass others. Does that behavior make someone a cretin? 

The definition of a cretin is a stupid person, or someone with a mental deficiency. Look it up, smart one. Unfortunately for you, someone who says mean things to others does not fit this definition. If you want to call them trolls, fine, go ahead and call them trolls. But do not try and use your supposed moral high ground as an excuse to call others stupid. If I was to use your standards for demanding speech be silenced, I would have grounds to ask WOT to shut down the entire forum because YOU are harassing people by calling them stupid.

Actually, it's being kind, they are worse than that.  It's not for me to teach you moral clarity, but i'm sure not going to let you carry on unopposed either.

Which is exactly why nobody should be silencing anyone else’s right to speak. Once again you prove your glaring hypocrisy. You dont like it when other people here call you stupid. But you want to reserve the exclusive right to call others mentally deficient (cretins). Just come clean and admit it. You want to be the moral hall monitor of wargaming, who has a monopoly on the right to say mean things to others, because you cant handle it when other people hold you to account for YOUR words. Pathetic. If you are going to crusade against mean words, then dont use them yourself.

Again here's the thing, Wargaming agrees...which is WHY cross team chat went away.  NOTHING shows that Wargaming has changed their minds on this.  My guess is they judged it to be not in the best interests of their profitability, and/or attracting and retaining new players.

Wargaming caved to the likes of snowflakes like you. It does not mean it was the right decision. Theyve also made a lot of other stupid decisions too, like historical battles, nerfs to german tanks etc. You think WG’s decisions are like the holy scriptures and are beyond contestation? 

So there it is, you come from a premise that is already rejected and you really don't like folks to remind you of that.  Your "hypocrisy" is you start from this flawed idea that it's "OK" to be abusive and in a response typical of our time, you turn it around and make the victim the perpetrator. 

Nobody said it is OK to abusive. This has already been clarified for the trillionth time. You are just too ignorant to understand. Have you not yet discovered the blacklist feature? Or do you just sit there all game and listen to people call you a noob? Personally when someone does that to me, i block them right away. I dont sit there and take it like a beta, then whine to WG about the need to silence everyone. What is it with snowflakes with refusing to take personal responsibility over your gaming experience, especially when WG has already given you the tools to deal with abusive players? When someone rages at you in game, either tell them to shut up or block them. Its easy. Why do some people feel the need to make so much drama out of it?

I don't know if WG will implement a PvE mode, but if they did, it will ONLY be because it's more profitable for them.  If that happens and as many suspect a LOT of players, admittedly statistically less proficient, migrate to that PvE game you can add toxic behavior to that list.

You know who else it might attract? More snowflakes who demand all speech be silenced, so that they can be the only ones with the right to call others cretins. You know, thin-skinned losers who love to dish mean words, but cant take them in return. Sound familiar?

At this point, we're done here. It's not contributing to much for you and i to argue without end. Adios.

OK have a good day. I will not demand your right to speak on this forum be taken away just because I disagree with you. But i am not confident you feel the same way.

Exiledcrow #69 Posted May 29 2019 - 14:38

Major

• Players
  • 48876 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostChatBan_ChatOff, on May 26 2019 - 22:20, said:

Right....You seem to be stalking me.....I am not sure that is a healthy thing to do.

Hmmmm, seems like I posted in this thread before you, though, so if there's stalking being done, sparky, it's not by me.  It's no wonder you get so frustrated that you rage-quit, you can't even track event sequences accurately.

WhineMaker #70 Posted May 29 2019 - 14:59

Major

• Players
  • 36954 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostgrandthefttankV, on May 27 2019 - 09:40, said:

The rager is triggered early today... :child:

#TheKiddoRageIsReal

grandthefttankV #71 Posted May 29 2019 - 15:25

Major

• Players
  • 34941 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View PostWhineMaker, on May 29 2019 - 13:59, said:

The rager is triggered early today... :child:

#TheKiddoRageIsReal

Look it’s the troll who nobody pays attention to.

Mikosah #72 Posted May 29 2019 - 19:02

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles
The whole 'toxicity' angle on all-chat is a non-issue. There were always the options of disabling chat or blacklisting, and besides that they could have added a specific tick-box for all-chat rather than removing it entirely. Not to mention that most salt comes from your own team anyway. So whatever WG's motivation may have really been, it was certainly not 'toxicity'. And even the explanation that there was just no other way to prevent players from giving away allied positions seems questionable. Didn't seem to happen all that often, and even when it did you could counter by just giving false information and forcing the enemy to guess who was lying. And WG themselves kept their explanations very vague, so even if they did have a good reason for doing what they did, we'll probably never know it. 

grandthefttankV #73 Posted May 29 2019 - 19:06

Major

• Players
  • 34941 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View PostMikosah, on May 29 2019 - 18:02, said:

The whole 'toxicity' angle on all-chat is a non-issue. There were always the options of disabling chat or blacklisting, and besides that they could have added a specific tick-box for all-chat rather than removing it entirely. Not to mention that most salt comes from your own team anyway. So whatever WG's motivation may have really been, it was certainly not 'toxicity'. And even the explanation that there was just no other way to prevent players from giving away allied positions seems questionable. Didn't seem to happen all that often, and even when it did you could counter by just giving false information and forcing the enemy to guess who was lying. And WG themselves kept their explanations very vague, so even if they did have a good reason for doing what they did, we'll probably never know it. 

^Truth 100%

Rabbitlover2017 #74 Posted May 29 2019 - 19:20

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1834 battles

View PostMojo_Riesing, on May 25 2019 - 15:50, said:

NO...we don't spend good time, spend money to give adolescent punks, or those re-living their punkish youth, a forum to act inappropriately ALL while hiding behind an online alias.  You don't like that? too fricking bad for you.  BTW...cross team chat is gone because of what, folks like you...and guess what, because of folks like you it WON'T be coming back.

Nope, cross team chat is gone because of snowflakes like you, and will likely not be coming back because of snowflakes like you.

Seriously, how thin of a skin do you have to have your get offended by wot chat. Just ignore it or turn it off. I love the idea of cross team chat, I think the laughs would be worth the occasional jerk who gives away your location, but then you can just report them after battle and get them a chat ban, so I don't see too much abuse from it. Believe it or not, in WOT blitz where I came from, enemy chat was enabled, and the most common thing said..."good luck" or "07"(07 means good luck/repect in case u all don't know), let's bring it back guys, come on

Rabbit

Edited by Rabbitlover2017, May 29 2019 - 19:20.

grandthefttankV #75 Posted May 31 2019 - 01:43

Major

• Players
  • 34941 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View Post2MOEJOE, on May 25 2019 - 13:40, said:

Are you kidding me WOT or WGs has the most snowflakes I've ever seen.They don't want to anyone to see there stats and they don't want to hear naughty words.

And yet they are too weak willed to solve any problems on their own by employing blacklist with two mouse clicks.

”Help me wargaming, I’ve tried nothing and I’m all out of ideas”

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users