A Change for the Win Rate of your tanks.

Garage Tank Win Rate

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Wrathera #1 Posted May 26 2019 - 00:20

Private

• Players
  • 4065 battles
  • [1STRD] 1STRD
We've all seen that win rate beneath our tanks in our garage stating how often we win in said tank. I think that is such a silly statistic due to how based off the Match Maker and luck it is. Instead of a win percentage of your tank, why not a performance rank based off damage done, damage block, assistance, ect. I think that way you can see how good you are in the tank rather than how often you win/lose because the Match Maker decided to give you a team that lemmings on one side of the map five times in a row, hurting your win rate that is out of your control! 

This is my first post/suggestion...I wonder what everyone else thinks about this? I know its a minor thing, but it as a thought that came to mind and I figured I could just suggest it.

Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #2 Posted May 26 2019 - 00:32

Captain

• Players
  • 34170 battles
right click on your tank in the garage and click on statistics. Then click on "go to rating" for that vehicle. you can see how you rank compared to the best players of that tank. 

GeorgePreddy #3 Posted May 26 2019 - 00:38

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

All the parameters you suggested using (plus several others)... add up to your winrate results over a large sample size of battles, because everyone is treated the same by MM, over a large sample.

Per tank, that can be an issue if you tend to play specific tanks fewer than a couple hundred battles each, then your SPECIFIC TANK w/r can be somewhat skewed from reality.

Everyone richly deserves their own overall and recent winrate however.  To believe anything else is to simply be a dirty, rotten, stat denier.  (I'm NOT calling you that, OP :)  )

Adalbertt #4 Posted May 26 2019 - 00:44

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9520 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on May 25 2019 - 17:38, said:

All the parameters you suggested using (plus several others)... add up to your winrate results over a large sample size of battles, because everyone is treated the same by MM, over a large sample.

Per tank, that can be an issue if you tend to play specific tanks fewer than a couple hundred battles each, then your SPECIFIC TANK w/r can be somewhat skewed from reality.

Everyone richly deserves their own overall and recent winrate however.  To believe anything else is to simply be a dirty, rotten, stat denier.  (I'm NOT calling you that, OP :)  )

This is incorrect.

Se Wargaming's patent US8425330 / "Dynamic battle session matchmaking in a multiplayer game"

They manipulate MM to make game easier for the new players and more challenging and not boring for experienced players.

Jer1413 #5 Posted May 26 2019 - 00:46

Captain

• Players
  • 46743 battles
  • [RR13] RR13

Any tank tier 5 and up you can keep track of your MOE percentage. It's a good indicator of your skill in a tank over a smaller sample than WR requires.

Ndtm #6 Posted May 26 2019 - 00:46

Major

• Players
  • 17694 battles

View PostAdalbertt, on May 26 2019 - 00:44, said:

This is incorrect.

Se Wargaming's patent US8425330 / "Dynamic battle session matchmaking in a multiplayer game"

They manipulate MM to make game easier for the new players and more challenging and not boring for experienced players.

Just because something exists (the patent) doesn't mean it's actually used.

Altwar #7 Posted May 26 2019 - 01:06

Major

• Players
  • 57373 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostWrathera, on May 25 2019 - 15:20, said:

We've all seen that win rate beneath our tanks in our garage stating how often we win in said tank. I think that is such a silly statistic due to how based off the Match Maker and luck it is. Instead of a win percentage of your tank, why not a performance rank based off damage done, damage block, assistance, ect. I think that way you can see how good you are in the tank rather than how often you win/lose because the Match Maker decided to give you a team that lemmings on one side of the map five times in a row, hurting your win rate that is out of your control! 

This is my first post/suggestion...I wonder what everyone else thinks about this? I know its a minor thing, but it as a thought that came to mind and I figured I could just suggest it.

The thing is, damage done, damage block, assistance, etc., are all secondary to the bottom line in the game which is: win by capping or destroying the other team.  Of course, assault's a little different in that the defender has to keep the cap defended or destroy the other team.   Anyway, all the other stuff is minutiae.

But if you really want a performance ranking on your tank, it already exists here:  https://worldoftanks.com/en/ratings/vehicles/

ElOtroViejo #8 Posted May 26 2019 - 17:15

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 30474 battles
  • [RCT10] RCT10
What you propose isn't accurate to well played tank either, I'm tired to see stat padders(blue rats) not doing what is need to win the battle but sitting far away not in a TD, snipping damage, while other players expose the tank to win it. you see them out of position, just ripping off and using as cannon fodder the rest of the team, if all do what they do, then the battle is lost. So these people are not really playing well, but they have high numbers

Also tagged with Garage, Tank, Win Rate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users