Jump to content


Much Respect For Claus Kellerman.

Claus Kellerman

  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Siege_Engine #21 Posted May 26 2019 - 14:42

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 11389 battles
  • 1,388
  • [-UFA-] -UFA-
  • Member since:
    01-26-2015

View PostF1O1, on May 26 2019 - 10:10, said:

Claus is not better than quickybaby.  He maybe more enjoyable to watch, l agree. But not better.

 

 

 

QB is a far better player.  But QB will complain, if it's bad enough.  I think that QB is out of touch with the new players who don't have 10 crew skills, 10 improved equipment, 10 million credits, and so on. 

 

I think it's a compliment to WOT openness that they made Claus a contributor.  Claus doesn't pull any punches, even when he's wrong.  I like that he sees things more from the perspective of a newer player.  I'm happy that WOT lets him contribute and that he STILL doesn't pull any punches. 

 



Tao_Te_Tomato #22 Posted May 26 2019 - 15:31

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 26638 battles
  • 1,579
  • [TER] TER
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016

View PostSon__Of__Anarchy, on May 26 2019 - 11:33, said:

edit: and that thing with the entire team going to one side of the map is so damn lame.. and its happening so often latelly that is getting ridiculous..

        WG should adupt a system similar to that in frontlines and put a stop to how many tanks can join a flank.. 

        "that flank is full commander! go somewhere else.. sorry for the inconvenience and happy hunting!"

 

PS: so many pricks dude.. so many.............

 

A lemming rush CAN work if the lemmings push like crazy and overwhelm the other side.  The blitzkrieg is very traditional.

 

But too many lemming rushes just turn into bunches of clumps of groups of rodental roadblocks as they all get in each other's way trying to shoot the Red Guys.  You end up with just a couple or three Reds holding off the whole Lemming Horde (because the Lemmings are too worried about getting their pixel tanks scratched) while the bulk of the Red Team (as you saw in Claus's first video) rolls over with little-to-no opposition.

 

Granted, I've had pointers about being TOO aggressive, but I am not going to deny the satisfaction that comes from being part of a group of lights, mediums, and maybe a couple of TDs that just roll up one side of a map, catching the Reds strung out and not ready.

 

I'd say Claus is pretty much on, though - things are faster, bigger, heavier, more visual, and that makes for shorter, faster-paced games.  Not unlike the real world, one mistake and Team Green is back looking at pinups in the garage....

 

ETA:  A lemming rush should not involve the WHOLE team, though, you're right.  :)


Edited by Tao_Te_Tomato, May 26 2019 - 15:32.


Red_Miles #23 Posted May 26 2019 - 15:47

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 2646 battles
  • 61
  • Member since:
    10-03-2014

View PostSiege_Engine, on May 26 2019 - 14:42, said:

 

QB is a far better player.  But QB will complain, if it's bad enough.  I think that QB is out of touch with the new players who don't have 10 crew skills, 10 improved equipment, 10 million credits, and so on.

 

 

QB realized he was,  it's why he's spent like the last year running a side account where he isn't allowed to buy anything or accept gifts, he can only use what he's given for free by official promotions.  He streams play on that account quite a bit.   His takeaway so far seems to be 'The game is playable for free but the grind means you either git gud fast or go away.'

 

He also does his share of complaining about what he thinks are bad design choices, like the map pool being so full of corridor maps and power creep.



Son__Of__Anarchy #24 Posted May 26 2019 - 18:58

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28727 battles
  • 2,584
  • [NOBA] NOBA
  • Member since:
    05-10-2016

View PostTao_Te_Tomato, on May 26 2019 - 15:31, said:

 

A lemming rush CAN work if the lemmings push like crazy and overwhelm the other side.  The blitzkrieg is very traditional.

 

But too many lemming rushes just turn into bunches of clumps of groups of rodental roadblocks as they all get in each other's way trying to shoot the Red Guys.  You end up with just a couple or three Reds holding off the whole Lemming Horde (because the Lemmings are too worried about getting their pixel tanks scratched) while the bulk of the Red Team (as you saw in Claus's first video) rolls over with little-to-no opposition.

 

Granted, I've had pointers about being TOO aggressive, but I am not going to deny the satisfaction that comes from being part of a group of lights, mediums, and maybe a couple of TDs that just roll up one side of a map, catching the Reds strung out and not ready.

 

I'd say Claus is pretty much on, though - things are faster, bigger, heavier, more visual, and that makes for shorter, faster-paced games.  Not unlike the real world, one mistake and Team Green is back looking at pinups in the garage....

 

ETA:  A lemming rush should not involve the WHOLE team, though, you're right.  :)

 

it literally makes me think to turn my tank into a submarine if the map offers that option, or throw it off a cliff..

because i will always be the guy to go from the other side when thats happening.. alone or with one more like claus did..

die fast and then watch the rest dieing like idiots one after another..

 

this lemming train happened to me so many times i lost count.. but the times we actually won because of it, wont fill one hand's fingers..

so if it works or not.. for me its obvious through my experiences..



cheapbooks #25 Posted May 26 2019 - 19:08

    Captain

  • Players
  • 38594 battles
  • 1,136
  • [CBKS] CBKS
  • Member since:
    08-21-2013

the day the quick 5 minute games started was the day they finished converting all the maps into corridor maps.

 

before the corridor maps, everyone was afraid to leave the spawns, for example on redshire. on redshire everyone would just go to the nearest hill. once it became a corridor map, now everyone rushes to the battle area and the battle starts sooner and ends sooner. there is now less skill involved with deciding what position to take up in the game.

 

in every patch, they make more corridor maps

 

for example, in karkhov, WG was angry that medium tanks could flank the heavy tanks in town. that was one of the reasons why they said it needed a rework.

 

corridor maps = evil



cheapbooks #26 Posted May 26 2019 - 19:08

    Captain

  • Players
  • 38594 battles
  • 1,136
  • [CBKS] CBKS
  • Member since:
    08-21-2013
corridor maps = more gold ammo

Siege_Engine #27 Posted May 26 2019 - 20:07

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 11389 battles
  • 1,388
  • [-UFA-] -UFA-
  • Member since:
    01-26-2015

View PostRed_Miles, on May 26 2019 - 15:47, said:

 

QB realized he was,  it's why he's spent like the last year running a side account where he isn't allowed to buy anything or accept gifts, he can only use what he's given for free by official promotions.  He streams play on that account quite a bit.   His takeaway so far seems to be 'The game is playable for free but the grind means you either git gud fast or go away.'

 

He also does his share of complaining about what he thinks are bad design choices, like the map pool being so full of corridor maps and power creep.

 

That's awesome.  He has a lot of class.  I like him. 

gideon_an #28 Posted May 26 2019 - 22:47

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 28026 battles
  • 814
  • [EWC] EWC
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016

I prefer Claus to QB. I've found QB's tank reviews to be like used car sales. He hides glaring problems with tanks to sell it to the players for WG. And even some of his "criticisms" I've found designed to help WG. Then again WG pays for him to go to events so he is kind of unwilling to rock the boat.

I disagree with Claus on the Mutant being crap. If you keep it front facing guys shooting at it you can do well. But that isn't his play style. Even if I disagree he has a perspective that isn't worried about shilling for war gaming.

The Christmas Loot boxes were where I lost some respect for QB. He was screaming about it being pay to win and the loot boxes for the IS-3A being wrong. How it was ruining the game and how he was against it. He wasn't the only one or the worst for it but his video irked me. There was absolutely ZERO reason to believe that the IS-3A would not be sold again. But the outrage on how overpowered it is caused a lot of players to buy boxes because QB told them how broken the tank is.

 


Edited by gideon_an, May 26 2019 - 22:48.


BlaqWolf #29 Posted May 26 2019 - 22:53

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 21775 battles
  • 371
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostF1O1, on May 26 2019 - 02:16, said:

lt largely has to do with bad players. 

And the MM putting all of the bad players on one team, then matching that team up against one composed of average or better players.

Happens every match.

 

View PostSon__Of__Anarchy, on May 26 2019 - 11:58, said:

this lemming train happened to me so many times i lost count.. but the times we actually won because of it, wont fill one hand's fingers..

 

Lemming trains do work, and they work well, but only if *ONE* very important function of the lemming train works...
That the train keeps moving!!!

Notice clan wars, advances, skirmishes - the teams often tend to stick together, with a small number of outriders/scouts.  They're lemming trains; they find the enemy and steamroll them or slug it out if both teams go the same direction.

In pub battles, the moment any vehicle in the train spots an enemy they *ALL* stop dead in their tracks to either seek shelter or fire at an icon behind a rock.  I've lost count of how often a train of 12 or more tanks will halt dead in the face of 3.  I have, myself, held off 7 tanks with one vehicle that had a 16 second reload... because none of them wanted to come out and risk loosing a little HP.


Edited by BlaqWolf, May 26 2019 - 23:02.


SwollenOstrich #30 Posted May 26 2019 - 23:58

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24595 battles
  • 1,631
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

View PostKnight44, on May 26 2019 - 07:41, said:

 

 you obviously don’t listen to Claus. First of all he’s not a kid, and secondly, he routinely, in almost every video says that world of tanks is simply the greatest game in the world. 

 

Well, not this particular game he might be showing in his video ... but in general:trollface:

beryn #31 Posted May 27 2019 - 00:20

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12243 battles
  • 1,307
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011
A long time ago I had a game on sand river long story short 14 players went south on the west side stopped 1/2 way down made a ball and every time one left they got killed, I was on the East side in a BDR held off 4 tanks before I got killed and I was the @hole for not going with the team,it just blows my mind how people can be so bad and not see it, that's coming from a not great player,but at least I know how to use the MAP!

Gtraxeman #32 Posted May 27 2019 - 04:29

    Captain

  • Players
  • 33753 battles
  • 1,050
  • [DHO6] DHO6
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
I do agree with Klaus comments on power creep of speed, equipment, and tanks. It does seem to grow exponentially. And the rate of premium tank releases have spurred this on, Im sure.
But, after playing this game for years, most of the issues existed already.
Yolo scouts were the scourge of the team. Chai sniping was a dirty word. Rofl stomps exised then also. Most posts talked of an average game of 5 minutes. Spamming of premium ammo and French autoloaders being OP. The forums were full of these posts then. Matchmaking was 4 tier spread.
It seems that these are the same old discussions over and over.

orangeandblue #33 Posted May 27 2019 - 05:01

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 29129 battles
  • 947
  • Member since:
    05-10-2013
Why I have stopped sinking money into this game with the exception of possibly premium time...

I_QQ_4_U #34 Posted May 27 2019 - 05:22

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 21794 battles
  • 6,110
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016

View Postberyn, on May 27 2019 - 00:20, said:

A long time ago I had a game on sand river long story short 14 players went south on the west side stopped 1/2 way down made a ball and every time one left they got killed, I was on the East side in a BDR held off 4 tanks before I got killed and I was the @hole for not going with the team,it just blows my mind how people can be so bad and not see it, that's coming from a not great player,but at least I know how to use the MAP!

 

I wouldn't say that if you went to a flank all by yourself.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #35 Posted May 27 2019 - 05:37

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 7887 battles
  • 659
  • Member since:
    06-04-2016
I've watched him so much that anytime i shoot a tank in the rear i hear in my head: "SHOOT HIM UP THE @SS!"

FastForward7 #36 Posted May 27 2019 - 05:58

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 11516 battles
  • 511
  • Member since:
    03-31-2011
Good video. I think the power creep could be lived with, if it weren't for one major problem. The maps. They're absurdly small when you consider the capabilities of the tanks that now inhabit the game. And they're designed to be garbage corridor maps, but that's another story entirely.  If they just took the current maps and scaled them up to where they were two or three times the size of what they are now, I think that would solve quite a few problems. Not all of them, mind you, but quite a few. 

AnArmyofBun #37 Posted May 27 2019 - 08:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 11998 battles
  • 3,842
  • [SUX] SUX
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012

View PostKaiserWilhelmShatner, on May 26 2019 - 01:30, said:

Claus is a ton better than that subject of the crown who has a wife that WG mailed him for shilling out for them all these years.

So much bitterness in one post. Why not say the mans name?  The man with a PhD doing what he has a great time with. Who has a wife he loves and loves him back. 

 

Shilling is streaming three times a week or so for maybe 5k viewers. Damn. I wish I’d known that sooner. 

 

Your post is disgusting. 



Tao_Te_Tomato #38 Posted May 27 2019 - 15:31

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 26638 battles
  • 1,579
  • [TER] TER
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016

View PostSon__Of__Anarchy, on May 26 2019 - 18:58, said:

 

it literally makes me think to turn my tank into a submarine if the map offers that option, or throw it off a cliff..

because i will always be the guy to go from the other side when thats happening.. alone or with one more like claus did..

die fast and then watch the rest dieing like idiots one after another..

 

this lemming train happened to me so many times i lost count.. but the times we actually won because of it, wont fill one hand's fingers..

so if it works or not.. for me its obvious through my experiences..

 

Of course!  And experience is often tempered by memory, both good and bad.  I've got a lot of memories of both giving and receiving a blitzing.

 

Compare the lemming train to ... let's call it the hate train, rather than a blitzkrieg.

 

Hate trains come together with the intention of rolling over one side.  They pile, they push, they rush, they give the other side too many different tanks to shoot at to allow any focus fire to happen.  Lemming trains ... do not coalesce into such.  They *start* the same - large mob heading in one direction - but then they STOP and want to play "peek-a-boom" with the other side.  And that's the difference.  The hate trains don't really stop.  They are an express service to the garage for the Red Guys.  Claus's video is a perfect example of a hate train rolling through, especially after that scout finds an empty side.

 

A lone tank or two can stop a lemming train in its tracks - no pun intended - largely because the lemmings stop themselves.  One or two tanks are not going to stop a five or six tank hate train that's on a roll.



Trakks #39 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 15:37

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 3664 battles
  • 393
  • Member since:
    11-24-2011

View PostSon__Of__Anarchy, on May 26 2019 - 10:33, said:

and yet, when you see a heavy going sniper, or a light sitting in red lines, or tier VIII medium going to "brawl" with tier X super heavies

and you point out the stupidity, talking about tanks and supposed roles in the battlefield, you get that ridiculous "did you just assume MY role?"

YES idiot, i just assumed your damn role.. because you picked a super heavy and you went where TDs use to go to snipe instead where heavies go to brawl..

 

each class has its damn role in the field, either you like it or not..

and when you dont play your class according to how is ment to be played, and you dont go where the map demands you to go according to your class,

you are just cancelling a crucial tank for your team..

 

why pick a 60TP or a type 5 when your plan is to go camp somewhere and snipe?

pick a damn grille instead.. what? you dont have one? then tough luck, but that doesnt mean you are allowed to turn your 60TP to a useless camping sniper..

 

so many pricks dude.. so many..... :/

plus one for the vid..

and respect to Claus, he is one of the best youtubers out there..

 

edit: and that thing with the entire team going to one side of the map is so damn lame.. and its happening so often latelly that is getting ridiculous..

        WG should adupt a system similar to that in frontlines and put a stop to how many tanks can join a flank.. 

        "that flank is full commander! go somewhere else.. sorry for the inconvenience and happy hunting!"

 

PS: so many pricks dude.. so many.............

So who gave you the authority to tell other people how to play? You sound like you're the #1 prick of all. 



Numerius_Titurius_Sophus #40 Posted Jul 05 2019 - 23:47

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 14255 battles
  • 1,576
  • [GSH] GSH
  • Member since:
    05-07-2015

View PostSiege_Engine, on May 26 2019 - 14:42, said:

 

QB is a far better player.  But QB will complain, if it's bad enough.  I think that QB is out of touch with the new players who don't have 10 crew skills, 10 improved equipment, 10 million credits, and so on. 

 

I think it's a compliment to WOT openness that they made Claus a contributor.  Claus doesn't pull any punches, even when he's wrong.  I like that he sees things more from the perspective of a newer player.  I'm happy that WOT lets him contribute and that he STILL doesn't pull any punches. 

 

 

QB, is not actually a true shill for WoT, but he is close.  He views WoT policies and decisions VERY favorably and this means it likely benefits him...which pretty much makes him a shill.  He will speak up rarely if something really bugs him...which makes him not a complete shill, but close.

 

I have been watching Claus as his ties to WoT have increased and I haven't noticed shill-like behavior except for the bit he did for the weekly WoT video...but that can be forgiven because it is for WoT propaganda.

 

Hopefully Claus will not develop shill-like behavior and I don't think he will...because he is a GOD!


Edited by Numerius_Titurius_Sophus, Jul 05 2019 - 23:50.






Also tagged with Claus Kellerman

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


    crasta