Chat Problem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Protozoan #1 Posted Sep 22 2011 - 06:33

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 12454 battles
Whether i hit ctrl + return or just return I find it impossible to tell them apart, like if you hit return and i mean to hit ctrl + return there should be some way of distinguishing the difference of the two, like with different colors or something. Also I find it frustrating that whether i use either chat they both show up on the screen the same color. I don't know if this is the way its suppose to be but. I get people telling me I'm typing in team chat when i obviously hit ctrl+ return. I'm not saying that there is a problem with the chat. I'm trying to explain that there is a problem with the way it works. Maybe when you hit ctrl + return it show up one color and when you hit return it shows up another? It is very ez to hit the wrong key stroke when in time of battle. Also when the chat is posted to the screen, make them different colors also? So i know whether or not which chat i'm actually talking in, global or team chat.

Millbarge #2 Posted Sep 22 2011 - 06:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34685 battles
*REMOVED*

These forums are not worth my time and I no longer wish to participate.

Protozoan #3 Posted Sep 22 2011 - 07:03

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 12454 battles
I'm not talking about other people chat........... I'm talking about the chat you type, the person playing the game.... Wether you hit ctrl + enter or just enter, both chats are green, there is no difference so there is no way of telling them apart.

Axiom2 #4 Posted Sep 22 2011 - 07:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6557 battles
  • [SMO] SMO
Yes there is. Also your message is white if it's global and green if it's team chat.
Maybe check out your ctrl key for faults.

Protozoan #5 Posted Sep 22 2011 - 07:24

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 12454 battles
Ok well after months of not knowing how to typing in chat i've finally figured it out.... Every game i've ever played you'd hit one key to type in team chat and another key to type in global, wot is obviously different. So what I have to do is hit enter, type chat, and then if i want to chat in team i hit enter again, but if i want to type in global i hit ctrl + enter, after the text is already on the screen. Just seems weird to me, never seen game chat like this.

Ackshun #6 Posted Sep 22 2011 - 07:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5818 battles
Wow just wow!!