Return changes 1.0

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Postal_Monkey #1 Posted May 28 2019 - 18:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28289 battles

Hello Forum,

I stopped playing right before 1.0 came out I think. Needed a break and have been playing World of Warplanes of all things (judge me not!). I'd like some info if possible.

A lot has changed. I'm doing some research on changes but I'd also like to hear from the community, what has happened in the last 18 month? I see there are Polish and Italian tanks plus wheeled light tanks. Semi-exciting but I'll have to get back into form I'm sure.

Have there been balance changes? If so what's trending up and what's trending down?

What's going on with arty? (general 'arty sucks' isn't really helpful. As a non-arty player what do I need to look for?)

What's going on with other classes?

What the heck is going on with all the crew shenanigans?

Is there anything else I need to be mentally prepared for?

I played a dozen games or so yesterday, seemed like a reasonable balance on MM. Was that an anomaly?

Is Clan Wars still a thing? (I don't overly care about this to begin with since I'm not in a clan and would need to git gud again anyways.)

Any assistance is appreciated :)

madogthefirst #2 Posted May 28 2019 - 18:28

Major

• Players
  • 24221 battles

HE rounds in general have been changed this last patch.

There is currently a black market event going on if you have lots of credits and or gold, got the Pz IV Hydro for 6.5 mill.

A patch or so back they changed mm for the most part for the better.

Leopard and STB are getting buffed soon.

YANKEE137 #3 Posted May 28 2019 - 19:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 13595 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Did you get that free T-50-2 and 5000 anniversary bonds from last year ?  Longevity rewards.

Plays_With_Matches #4 Posted May 28 2019 - 19:24

Major

• Players
  • 29614 battles

View PostPostal_Monkey, on May 28 2019 - 12:18, said:

Hello Forum,

I stopped playing right before 1.0 came out I think. Needed a break and have been playing World of Warplanes of all things (judge me not!). I'd like some info if possible.

A lot has changed. I'm doing some research on changes but I'd also like to hear from the community, what has happened in the last 18 month? I see there are Polish and Italian tanks plus wheeled light tanks. Semi-exciting but I'll have to get back into form I'm sure.

Have there been balance changes? If so what's trending up and what's trending down?

What's going on with arty? (general 'arty sucks' isn't really helpful. As a non-arty player what do I need to look for?)

What's going on with other classes?

What the heck is going on with all the crew shenanigans?

Is there anything else I need to be mentally prepared for?

I played a dozen games or so yesterday, seemed like a reasonable balance on MM. Was that an anomaly?

Is Clan Wars still a thing? (I don't overly care about this to begin with since I'm not in a clan and would need to git gud again anyways.)

Any assistance is appreciated :)

WG seems to have been working on some form of balance... Leo 1 is getting some love in the next patch

Arty still sucks but maybe less than before do to reworked HE splash and less stun effect

Light tanks ... introduced wheeled light tanks! Watch out for the EBR's

Crews are basically the same but they have skins now that do nothing

Mentally you need to be prepared to target light tanks travelling at nearly 100km with indestructible rubber tires.

MM was reworked yet again and seems pretty decent at the moment. At least tier 8 seems playable again.

CW is still going on, it's more a of top clan thing if you want to earn anything from it other than an empty bank account

YANKEE137 #5 Posted May 28 2019 - 19:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 13595 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

CW is still going on, it's more a of top clan thing if you want to earn anything from it other than an empty bank account

Exactly, for a run of the mill fun clan - you show up in your M-48 or IS-7 and get run over by a bunch of Object 907s and Chieftains  and loose a fortune on gold ammo. Yay.

MiddleAgedNoob #6 Posted May 28 2019 - 19:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17065 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

In addition the the above, a few new maps have been added or reworked (Ghost Town, Highway, Minks, Studzianki) and there has been quite a few changes to premium time benefits and missions.  Many of the missions now require you to enter a code on the main World of Tanks web site.  There have been scavenger hunts, which require daily codes, but there are threads on the main forum that keep you up to date.

I would say that, for the most part, recent changes have been an improvement.

GLHF

Postal_Monkey #7 Posted May 28 2019 - 19:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28289 battles

View Postmadogthefirst, on May 28 2019 - 12:28, said:

HE rounds in general have been changed this last patch.

There is currently a black market event going on if you have lots of credits and or gold, got the Pz IV Hydro for 6.5 mill.

A patch or so back they changed mm for the most part for the better.

Leopard and STB are getting buffed soon.

View PostYANKEE137, on May 28 2019 - 13:12, said:

Did you get that free T-50-2 and 5000 anniversary bonds from last year ?  Longevity rewards.

HE changed in what way?

I heard about the Leo1 buffs, didn't know about STB. I don't have either but was at tier IX for both lines, I believe. I'm not hopping into top tier stuff til I reacquaint myself tho.

Ohhhh that's why there was a T-50-2 gift lol. I was wondering :)

Postal_Monkey #8 Posted May 28 2019 - 19:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28289 battles

View PostMiddleAgedNoob, on May 28 2019 - 13:30, said:

In addition the the above, a few new maps have been added or reworked (Ghost Town, Highway, Minks, Studzianki) and there has been quite a few changes to premium time benefits and missions.  Many of the missions now require you to enter a code on the main World of Tanks web site.  There have been scavenger hunts, which require daily codes, but there are threads on the main forum that keep you up to date.

I would say that, for the most part, recent changes have been an improvement.

GLHF

I did notice I have more premium days in WoT than I do in WoWp which was odd to see. 5 days more. I guess that's some sort of thing goign on?

Glad they've added some maps. I also see you can exclude maps? Not that I really care to but I guess that's good.

MiddleAgedNoob #9 Posted May 28 2019 - 19:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17065 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View PostPostal_Monkey, on May 28 2019 - 13:37, said:

I did notice I have more premium days in WoT than I do in WoWp which was odd to see. 5 days more. I guess that's some sort of thing goign on?

Glad they've added some maps. I also see you can exclude maps? Not that I really care to but I guess that's good.

There some glitches with the server over the past couple of weeks so they added a few days of premium time to compensate.  The big changes to premium are that you can exclude two maps, instead of one; you accumulate more credits, which pay out once a week; and you get to apply a x3 bonus to your xp earnings on a win for up to five battles a day, deciding which games after the fact.  

https://worldoftanks...t-prem-account/

Edited by MiddleAgedNoob, May 28 2019 - 19:49.

Postal_Monkey #10 Posted May 30 2019 - 18:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28289 battles

Well nothing seems too crazy of a change. I'll start playing a bit more and see if it's worth coming back into.

Thanks for the info!

ShadowDancer27 #11 Posted May 31 2019 - 15:42

Major

• Players
  • 28823 battles

At higher tiers the clown cars have changed things for a lot more randomness to game openings.  You can now be potentially lit and engaged very early...I mean VERY early.  Slow or otherwise vulnerable tanks can get blasted early.

Center of mass shots to their sides are very often for zero damage and don't slow them down.  

They will likely getrought down down a few pegs now but are currently a bit nuts to reward the gold spending free XP early adopters.

Also tagged with Return, changes, 1.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users