Jump to content


First an Apology, Second - Lesson Learned

chat

  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

LeaveIT2Beaver #1 Posted May 28 2019 - 18:20

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 37341 battles
  • 9,950
  • [J4F] J4F
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

I had my computer up and running in the den (as usual) and with the pre-Memorial Day week of school being out for some, vacations, and the long weekend, we had lots of 10-14-year-olds running amok up in here.

I checked the Black Market and played one game a day (D-Day) - that's all I had time for!
It seems that someone(s) discovered the  Game Center, fired it up and played some tanks - and  shared their opinions of other people in the game and in the garage (?)  :facepalm:

(and evidently, this has been going on for a while when I am not home!!! )


I apologize to anyone that was trolled and I accept the responsibility of my computer being used to do so. 


Lesson learned - I have LOCKED my computer and set a password for Windows. First time I have ever had to do that.  

 


Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, May 28 2019 - 18:22.


PotatoLegend99 #2 Posted May 28 2019 - 18:29

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 35389 battles
  • 713
  • Member since:
    05-11-2014
Might as well check your browser history while you're at it :girl:

JakeTheMystic #3 Posted May 28 2019 - 18:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 24571 battles
  • 2,554
  • [MAD-] MAD-
  • Member since:
    12-30-2011

If you think 10-14 year olds would rather play this game over Forkknife, you are mistaken. 

 

I can say with sure confidence that if you were to put the ages of all players on a bell curve; the lower 15% might be 13-16, the highest 15% between 70-80+ and the middle 70% between 17-60 ish

 

Chances are, all of those red/orange players people have been yelling at, are people on the higher end of the age range... Out of all the people in the 13-17 age range that I've met, all of them could at least hold a 1k wn8 (including my cousin). 



LeaveIT2Beaver #4 Posted May 28 2019 - 18:58

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 37341 battles
  • 9,950
  • [J4F] J4F
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View PostPotatoLegend99, on May 28 2019 - 12:29, said:

Might as well check your browser history while you're at it :girl:

 

I went to the Google Dashboard.    OMG!   :ohmy:



GeisterKatze #5 Posted May 28 2019 - 19:04

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 24236 battles
  • 3,361
  • [7CR] 7CR
  • Member since:
    07-28-2011

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on May 28 2019 - 12:20, said:

I had my computer up and running in the den (as usual) and with the pre-Memorial Day week of school being out for some, vacations, and the long weekend, we had lots of 10-14-year-olds running amok up in here.

I checked the Black Market and played one game a day (D-Day) - that's all I had time for!
It seems that someone(s) discovered the  Game Center, fired it up and played some tanks - and  shared their opinions of other people in the game and in the garage (?)  :facepalm:

(and evidently, this has been going on for a while when I am not home!!! )


I apologize to anyone that was trolled and I accept the responsibility of my computer being used to do so. 


Lesson learned - I have LOCKED my computer and set a password for Windows. First time I have ever had to do that.  

 

 

BEAVER, wait till your mother gets home!!!!!

Altwar #6 Posted May 28 2019 - 19:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 58304 battles
  • 5,236
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on May 28 2019 - 09:58, said:

 

I went to the Google Dashboard.    OMG!   :ohmy:

 

Well Beav, I hope you learned a valuable lesson from this!  :mellow:

YANKEE137 #7 Posted May 28 2019 - 19:32

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13893 battles
  • 6,544
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015
I've told this story more than once but when my kid was nine he'd play WoT basically to drive around under water or crash off cliffs. He was specially fond of Lakeville. He wanted to find the very bottom before the tank drowned. He never did.

Waarheid #8 Posted May 28 2019 - 19:42

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 15770 battles
  • 579
  • Member since:
    09-30-2017

My bet it that the passwords are cracked within a week. Tweenagers are crafty like that. 


Edited by Waarheid, May 28 2019 - 19:42.


owlgator #9 Posted May 28 2019 - 19:47

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15476 battles
  • 1,719
  • [W--W] W--W
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostYANKEE137, on May 28 2019 - 12:32, said:

I've told this story more than once but when my kid was nine he'd play WoT basically to drive around under water or crash off cliffs. He was specially fond of Lakeville. He wanted to find the very bottom before the tank drowned. He never did.

 

And you let him quit trying?  Nice parenting :P

Klaatu_Nicto #10 Posted May 28 2019 - 20:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 44044 battles
  • 10,585
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

View PostJakeTheMystic, on May 28 2019 - 09:41, said:

If you think 10-14 year olds would rather play this game over Forkknife, you are mistaken. 

 

I can say with sure confidence that if you were to put the ages of all players on a bell curve; the lower 15% might be 13-16, the highest 15% between 70-80+ and the middle 70% between 17-60 ish

 

Chances are, all of those red/orange players people have been yelling at, are people on the higher end of the age range... Out of all the people in the 13-17 age range that I've met, all of them could at least hold a 1k wn8 (including my cousin). 

 

I've been retired since 2008. From 2012 to 2015 I used to play WOT most of the day and from 2016 to January 2019 I played WOWS for several hour each day. I would usually start playing between 10am and 11am pacific time. One thing I noticed in both games is weekdays during the school year the quality of players was much better during the 10am to noon period when the young folks were in school. The quality of players would start to decrease as soon school got out on the east coast and get worse and worse as school got out throughout the rest of the U.S. Another thing I noticed was the difference in the in-game chat in the morning versus after school starts getting out.  Chat would become more toxic, more vulgar, more whining and many stupid sex jokes that only teens and preteens find funny.  

 

Based on my experience I'm doubting you claim.  



DVK9 #11 Posted May 28 2019 - 20:17

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 26032 battles
  • 905
  • [-TX-] -TX-
  • Member since:
    05-15-2013

so somehow Pronhub is conected to WOT?

I dont pay a lot of attention to game center is it there??



eastcoastlobster #12 Posted May 28 2019 - 20:21

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 63 battles
  • 273
  • Member since:
    05-08-2012

View PostYANKEE137, on May 28 2019 - 19:32, said:

I've told this story more than once but when my kid was nine he'd play WoT basically to drive around under water or crash off cliffs. He was specially fond of Lakeville. He wanted to find the very bottom before the tank drowned. He never did.

 

You should have got him a DD Tank to waddle around the lake with :)

LeaveIT2Beaver #13 Posted May 28 2019 - 20:34

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 37341 battles
  • 9,950
  • [J4F] J4F
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View PostGeisterKatze, on May 28 2019 - 13:04, said:

 

BEAVER, wait till your mother gets home!!!!!

 

If my wife had seen what I found in Google Dashboard, I would be living in the garage.:hiding:  and some youngins' would be missing in action ...

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, May 28 2019 - 20:34.


YANKEE137 #14 Posted May 28 2019 - 21:10

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13893 battles
  • 6,544
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

View Posteastcoastlobster, on May 28 2019 - 20:21, said:

 

You should have got him a DD Tank to waddle around the lake with :)

 

He had a theory that heavies sank faster but they were still too slow once on the bottom.

PotatoLegend99 #15 Posted May 28 2019 - 21:40

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 35389 battles
  • 713
  • Member since:
    05-11-2014

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on May 28 2019 - 10:58, said:

 

I went to the Google Dashboard.    OMG!   :ohmy:

 

Gotta love kids these days. Smart enough to use an Ipad before they learn to speak...not smart enough to know what a browser history is :teethhappy:

Grugbug #16 Posted May 30 2019 - 20:55

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 25106 battles
  • 692
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

Our friend was watching our house while my wife and I were on vacation, We get back from vacation and are going through our bills and I get asked by my wife if I like the "movies" i rented. I didn't have a clue as to what she was talking about as she doesn't have a problem with me looking at "movies".

I wass till confused, then it dawned on me, our house sitter. Aked him about it and he denied it for a bit. We then get a call, it was his son that had done it while pop was asleep.:facepalm:

More to the story but you can kind of get my drift as to what I was dealing with.

 



3nr0n #17 Posted Jun 01 2019 - 15:55

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22691 battles
  • 1,246
  • [1VETS] 1VETS
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

Worked at a call center in sales for a large computer company and customers wanting tech support would get impatient and call sales trying to get through.

 

On a Monday got a call from a lady who said that there were pornographic web sites that kept popping up on her system and our tech support needed to fix her broken computer.  Asked a few questions and found out she and her hubby went out of town for the weekend and the only person at the home was her teenage son.  Suggested that she talk to her son and she got quite mad screaming that her son would never do anything like that because he was a honor student and they went to church every Sunday.  She kept insisting that the computer was at fault.

 

Kids/teenagers will be kids/teenagers and with the availability to see almost anything you want on the net that doesn't surprise me at all. 


Edited by 3nr0n, Jun 01 2019 - 15:56.


RF_Van #18 Posted Jun 02 2019 - 19:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 11272 battles
  • 2,390
  • Member since:
    04-13-2013

"Don't worry Beav, I'll take good care of your computer while you're out."

 



LeaveIT2Beaver #19 Posted Jun 03 2019 - 13:14

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 37341 battles
  • 9,950
  • [J4F] J4F
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View PostRF_Van, on Jun 02 2019 - 13:21, said:

"Don't worry Beav, I'll take good care of your computer while you're out."

 

 

That is so awesome. AWESOME!  :teethhappy::teethhappy::great::great:  That made my day, and it is Monday morning even!





Also tagged with chat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users