mods

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

WrecktOmWrecker #1 Posted May 29 2019 - 09:47

Private

• -Players-
  • 7908 battles

Hello Fellow Tankers

I've been playing WoT for awhile now, I'm a premium player and I play the game as is, meaning I do not use mods. I never used mods in a game, any game, because from my perspective any mod that messes with the mechanics in a game that potentially give an advantage to a player over another was just wrong on so many levels.

Dez Games is a You Tube channel were I was recently exposed to a mod called XVM, something that I and other casual players have been unaware of for years, as these types of mods are not readily available on Wargamings website for review, nor are they publicized outside of forum, so from my perspective this has been an insider cheat that many have been abusing for years to pad their stats, and give them a statistical, and visual advantage over other players who do not use or even know what XVM mods are. I was shocked when I learned that XVM users would abuse this mod in a way that would influence their play style as to whom on their team they would assist, and to those whom they would not assist at all!.... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I have heard of aimbots before, and I know they are illegal in World of Warships as I assumed they were illegal also in World of Tanks, until today when I encountered a light tank that had me targeted long before I could even highlight his tank for a manual auto lock. This light tank, with the use of the Auto Lock Plus mod had a direct targeting advantage that I had no hope in defending against. There is no way in heck that he could have targeted me that fast without the use of an auto lock mod, he had the upper hand, and he knew it, and abused it.... So, how is this mod justified as to be fair and legal?

I'm a casual player, I don't use mods, and I pay out a lot of money to Wargaming, so I'm not gonna candy coat it that when I found out about XVM, I was put out and pissed off about it. I could not be more pleased to see Wargaming is outlawing XVM mods, because it has negatively effected mine and others own game play over the years by those who have abused it... In other words, all this time I been playing against the XVM version of WoT, it wasted my time, and my money, and hurt my own stats,...

And now I just found out about this auto aim plus mod, and I am just as put out and pissed off about it more than I was about the revelation of XVM. In my opinion Wargaming either needs to make this mod available for all players in the game itself or get rid of this and every Auto Aim bot hack mod altogether or I'm cashing out and taking my wallet elsewhere.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #2 Posted May 29 2019 - 09:54

Major

• Players
  • 16742 battles
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G

1) XVM has been here since almost the day the game started.  You can down load it as part of Aslans mod pack. https://wgmods.net/?utm_source=global-nav&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=wot-portal

2) Prove that the player was using a aimbot mod.  Just because he beat you to the draw does not mean he cheated. 

Black_Stealth_Badger41 #3 Posted May 29 2019 - 09:55

Captain

• Players
  • 39158 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY
Anyone who runs them is a loser because they spend Money FOR NOTHING.
XVM is a D***HE addition to the game and should be removed.

However, Aimbots in this game can't precisely lock onto to every weak point your tank is showing because of Games Accuracy Dispersion Sigma and  25% RNG  (Accuracy, Damage, Penetration )
All that happens Server side not affected by modifications from outside sourses.

BoredSightsNA #4 Posted May 29 2019 - 10:20

Captain

• Players
  • 26463 battles
Are they getting rid of XVM? XVM is a cheat? Are we in a alternate universe? What is going on?

Chicago_Deepdish #5 Posted May 29 2019 - 10:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 59616 battles

Because you spent "years"  unaware of something doesn't mean it is new or unknown by the powers that be or other people.  If anything it should help you to understand that you don't know everything and don't know as much as you thought you knew.

There are Mods, including XVM which are legal and are know by WOT. The link is here...https://wgmods.net/?utm_source=global-nav&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=premium-shop

There is an auto lock system already in place in the regular game so auto lock is not illegal. You got had by a better player who may have had a way better crew and allot more knowledge than you.

If it was indeed an instance of another player cheating, post the video. Let others decide if it was indeed cheating or you just showing off what you don't know. 

Pipinghot #6 Posted May 29 2019 - 10:55

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

Before we begin - auto-lock mods are already illegal.

The fact that you don't know this should be a clue to you that you are uninformed and speaking without knowledge.

View PostWrecktOmWrecker, on May 29 2019 - 03:47, said:

I've been playing WoT for awhile now, I'm a premium player and I play the game as is, meaning I do not use mods.

Which means nothing. Other premium players use mods, your money isn't any more important than anyone else's money. If you have a good argument it doesn't matter whether you're a premium player or a free player, likewise if you have a bad argument (like you do) it doesn't matter whether you're a premium player or a free player. All that matters is whether you know what you are talking about and whether you are well informed or not.

I never used mods in a game, any game

So what? That's a personal choice, and it's fine that you make this choice, but it doesn't make you any better or any more virtuous than anyone who uses legit mods that are allowed by the game maker. The only people who are wrong are the people who use mods that have been banned. If you think honest players who use mods are the "bad guys" you're wrong, plain and simple.

because from my perspective any mod that messes with the mechanics in a game that potentially give an advantage to a player over another was just wrong on so many levels.

Your perspective needs improving. Any mod that "potentially" gives an advantage means nothing, that's all blah-blah-blah and armchair theorizing. The only things that matter are whether a mod actually gives a factual advantage, and whether a mod is allowed or banned, and whether a mod is publicly available to everyone. Wargaming, just like every game company, has to decide which mods give an unfair advantage and which mods are simply allowing people to customize the game to make it more pleasing and enjoyable.

Think about this - there was a time in the history of computer gaming when you could not remap your keys. If you were left-handed you had to suffer because games were all configured for right-handed people. If you have any left-handed friends talk to them and ask them how unfair, and even physically painful, it is to be forced to play a game right-handed when you're left-handed. During that time, people had to use third party cracks in order to remap their keyboards so they could play left-handed. No reasonable person would ever call that cheating, no thinking person would ever call that an "advantage" or "unfair", no intelligent person would ever think that those cracks should have been illegal, the only reason they existed was so left-handed players could customize their gaming experience to make it more comfortable and enjoyable for themselves.

You really need to improve your perspective - there are many mods, in many games, that serve one very important purpose, to allow people to customize their gaming experience so that they can enjoy it more. Some mods are unfair, some mods are cheating (and those mods should be banned no matter what game you're playing) but most of them are not unfair and are not cheats, and until you understand why mods are important and valuable your perspective is always going to be lacking "on so many levels".

Dez Games is a You Tube channel were I was recently exposed to a mod called XVM, something that I and other casual players have been unaware of for years

No. Tens of thousands of casual players on the NA server have known about it, millions of casual players around the world on the other servers have known about it. You have not known about it, and you have only yourself to blame, because you never investigated whether mods are available for this game and what those mods do. Do not pretend that you speak for casual players, that's a self-serving lie, you speak for yourself only, be honest about it.

as these types of mods are not readily available on Wargamings website for review, nor are they publicized outside of forum, so from my perspective this has been an insider cheat that many have been abusing for years

Again, your perspective is lacking. Mods have been a standard feature of MMO's from the very beginning. Back in the days of MUD's, during the 1980's, which are the ancestors to MMO's, people were already using mods. Those games didn't even use graphics , they were strictly text based games, and mods were already in use. Mods have been around for many years before graphical MMO's even existed, before Ultima Online, before EverQuest, before any MMO that you can think of mods have been a standard feature of online gaming.

You, personally, deliberately avoided learning anything about the mods for WoT because you avoid mods. That's your choice, but it's also your responsibility. Mods are not some deep dark secret, casual gamers from 8 to 80 know that mods exist, and if they want to use mods they actually take the trouble to look for them. If you didn't know about the mods for WoT that's entirely on you, it's no one's fault but your own.

I have heard of aimbots before, and I know they are illegal in World of Warships as I assumed they were illegal also in World of Tanks

And they are, as has already been pointed out.

until today when I encountered a light tank that had me targeted long before I could even highlight his tank for a manual auto lock. This light tank, with the use of the Auto Lock Plus mod had a direct targeting advantage that I had no hope in defending against. There is no way in heck that he could have targeted me that fast without the use of an auto lock mod, he had the upper hand, and he knew it, and abused it.... So, how is this mod justified as to be fair and legal?

Translation: You got outplayed and now you want to accuse someone of cheating. You've already made it clear that you are deliberately uninformed, so if you want anyone to take this seriously you're going to need to provide a replay and tell people the time stamp to look at. Unless you can provide a replay for people to watch we have no choice but to assume you're just mad because someone was better than you.

You have absolutely no way of knowing whetehr they were using Auto Lock Plus, you're just making an assumption because you're unhappy.

So, how is this mod justified as to be fair and legal?

Yet again, it's not. Only the auto-aim that is built into the game is allowed.

I'm a casual player, I don't use mods, and I pay out a lot of money to Wargaming

Which still means nothing, your money isn't any more important than everyone else's money.

so I'm not gonna candy coat it that when I found out about XVM, I was put out and pissed off about it.

You've been playing since 2015, almost 4 years, if you didn't know about XVM the only person you should be pissed at is yourself. It's no one else's fault that you never bothered to get informed.

I could not be more pleased to see Wargaming is outlawing XVM mods

Except they're not, yet again you're uninformed.

because it has negatively effected mine and others own game play over the years by those who have abused it...

Nope.

And now I just found out about this auto aim plus mod

The mod that is already banned, and has been long before you made your uninformed post.

Edited by Pipinghot, May 29 2019 - 14:10.

_Smang_ElanAmbivalent #7 Posted May 29 2019 - 11:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37079 battles
  • [-RECK] -RECK
Wow, finely dissected. I'd even go so far as to say that deserves a ::mic drop::

Diacom #8 Posted May 29 2019 - 13:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31701 battles
  • [MKGGT] MKGGT

OP,

I guess in your case, Ignorance was Bliss.

LeaveIT2Beaver #9 Posted May 29 2019 - 13:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 36721 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
  • There is an auto-lock [auto-aim]  system already in place in the  [vanilla game client] so the auto-lock [auto-aim] mod on Aslains is not illegal (yet).  
  • The "aim-bot" mod that led targets, specifically targeted modules, and locked onto targets behind objects was deemed illegal two years (?) ago.

Like me, you got owned by someone who knows how to use the client and the wheelie drivers who use it are the most frustrating. 

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, May 29 2019 - 13:16.

GatoRat #10 Posted Jun 02 2019 - 00:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 58530 battles
I do think there is a new aimbot on the market that is getting past what passes for WG mod detector.

WrecktOmWrecker #11 Posted Jun 02 2019 - 08:24

Private

• -Players-
  • 7908 battles

I appreciate all the reply's... Even the dissection of my gripe,... I understand a lot of you are pro mod, you love XVM and aimbots and [edited], coz it's the only way you can get the edge you need to win against a player like myself who looks upon such mods with disdain. With that being said, from my perspective, It's clear you can't play the game "AS IS".

Yet the mod HUB's that a few of you provided links for, are off Wargamings website, which means they are not directly accessible, nor advertised for use to casual players like myself, thus they are only readily available for those in the "know", they are only available to those who are actively looking for them, to get the edge of view range, or the upper hand with aim assist, against players who are unaware of such things. I don't care what you say.... That in and of itself is a cheat.

I don't care if you're pro mod, the idea that XVM influenced and diverted a team mate from assisting me or another player cost some games and some hard cash and gold, so I think I have every right to be pissed off, as does every other player who was unaware of, or left wondering why an XVM player would refuse to assist them, and in so doing throw the game. Aim assist and Aim bots are just the cherry on this dung heap of a game, and WoT needs to clean house before the word gets out that they have allowed this kind of boo sheet to go on for as long as it has.

There is no aim assist in the vanilla client either, its the standard manual, where you have to use the RMB to highlight and lock onto a target, that is not what I am talking about what I'm talking about is this garbage Dez Games brought up a few months back. https://www.youtube....h?v=72Fj6tBm830

I know WG is already aware of all this mod crap, and the sooner they clean it up, the better.

Sloveni4n #12 Posted Jun 02 2019 - 09:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37504 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

Ignorance is bliss. 

I'm sure you haven't realized, but with 7610 battles, you've spent 228,300 seconds just waiting to play the game. That's 63 hours of your life in a countdown timer. I'd venture to say if I've spent 63 hours of my life waiting to play a game, that's a bit more than 'casual'.

You obviously had the understanding to make your way to the forums to discuss something you took issue with, and you admittedly watch YouTube posts related to the game, so why plead ignorance with XMV? Perhaps you could have done a little research into what XVM is and what XVM is not before posting a knee-jerk reaction to something you saw?

What does 'off Wargamings website' have to do with anything? How did you find your way to Dez Games and the link you posted? Was that 'on Wargamings website'?

A few other items to note:

- Spending money on the game:  you have the freedom to choose to do this or not do this - this was clearly explained

- Using mods: you have the freedom to choose to do this or not do this - this was clearly explained

- Pipinghot's breakdown along with the several other posts in this thread: quite clear none of them were understood

- Playing the game "AS IS": apparently you cannot either else this thread would have never been made?

Pipinghot #13 Posted Jun 02 2019 - 11:24

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostWrecktOmWrecker, on Jun 02 2019 - 02:24, said:

I appreciate all the reply's... Even the dissection of my gripe,... I understand a lot of you are pro mod, you love XVM and aimbots and [edited], coz it's the only way you can get the edge you need to win against a player like myself who looks upon such mods with disdain.

No, you don't understand, you're still trying to justify yourself by accusing people who use mods of being cheaters. Being "pro mod" is not the same thing as being pro "aimbot and [edited]", not at all. I hate cheaters and love seeing them get banned. Hell I've reported clan mates for cheating because they refused to remove cheat mods after we talked about them. As you might imagine, we don't platoon together anymore. ;)

You are refusing to understand that there are good mods and bad mods, and you are continuing to pretend that the only reason people are better than you is because of mods which is nothing more than a self serving lie to soothe your ego.

With that being said, from my perspective, It's clear you can't play the game "AS IS".

Once again, your perspective has failed you. Being able to play the game "AS IS" and preferring to play the game as-is are two different things, and as long as you are wilfully ignorant you'll never see the difference. This is 2019, mods have been a standard feature of online gaming for decades, it's time for you to get over it.

Yet the mod HUB's that a few of you provided links for, are off Wargamings website, which means they are not directly accessible, nor advertised for use to casual players like myself

And again you don't get to speak for "casual players", you only get to speak for yourself.

Everyone has access to the forums for every game they play since, ya' know, they're both on the same internet. No one has internet access only to games but is somehow magically blocked from forums to learn about the games they play.

they are only available to those who are actively looking for them

Which is everyone who uses the internet. The only people they 'are not available to' are people who deliberately go out of their way to avoid looking for them, which is what you have done.

to get the edge of view range

Being able to see view range is built into the game, you're not making any sense.

or the upper hand with aim assist

Again, any aim assist that is not part of the vanilla client is cheating. No one here is supporting cheat mods and they're already banned, which we support.

I don't care what you say...

Of course you don't, because you're willfully ignorant. You plug your ears like a flat earther or a moon landing denier and go "la la la la" because you don't want to think about how bad your arguments are. You go out of your way to avoid learning about mods, and then you're surprised when you don't know anything about them - willful ignorance.

I don't care if you're pro mod, the idea that XVM influenced and diverted a team mate from assisting me or another player

If people don't help you because they judge you to be an untrustworthy teammate, that's your own fault. Heck, I played 10,000 battles before I ever installed any mods, and there were plenty of people I refused to help because they were obviously doing stupid things. People make some basic choices whether they used mods or not, they decide whether or not to help teammates based on their own personal judgement of whether that teammate deserves to be helped. If someone tries to hold a flank by themself regardless of the tactical situation, they're not going to get help and mods have nothing to do with that. If someone yolo-rushes the other team they're not going to get help when they over-extend. Those are just two examples, there are lots of reasons why people don't get help that they think they deserve and those reasons are not caused by mods.

cost some games and some hard cash and gold

Nope.

No one has ever cost you cash and/or gold because of a mod, for the simple reason that you don't make cash or gold by playing the game (unless you're illegally betting on the outcome of battles).

so I think I have every right to be pissed off, as does every other player who was unaware of, or left wondering why an XVM player would refuse to assist them, and in so doing throw the game.

You are making one extremely flawed assumption, you're assuming that refusing to help you is the same thing as 'throwing the game'. The reason you don't win more is because you aren't better than you are, that's is, plain and simple. It's not because of mods, it's not because of other players refusing to help you, it's because of anything other than you. Until you accept responsibility for your skill level, you're never going to understand.

There is no aim assist in the vanilla client either, its the standard manual, where you have to use the RMB to highlight and lock onto a target

Well that's good to see, at least you understand the difference between auto-aim and illegal mods that do more than auto-aim.

I know WG is already aware of all this mod crap, and the sooner they clean it up, the better.

Of course they are, which is exactly why they have made anything other than auto-aim illegal, long before you ever posted about it.

As has been pointed out repeatedly, aim assist mods are already illegal and have been for quite some time before you ever started this thread.

GatoRat #14 Posted Jun 02 2019 - 19:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 58530 battles
BTW, I think the new aim bot is a tracer tracker.

leeuniverse #15 Posted Jun 02 2019 - 21:38

Major

• Players
  • 38432 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

The legal aim-mod requires you to STILL put your mouse over the tank for it to lock, which btw is required with the games manual aim-lock.

Why do you discriminate against the disabled, and those who have difficulty engaging the manual lock?

Don't be an "Ableist"...

Diacom #16 Posted Jun 03 2019 - 15:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31701 battles
  • [MKGGT] MKGGT

View Postleeuniverse, on Jun 02 2019 - 13:38, said:

The legal aim-mod requires you to STILL put your mouse over the tank for it to lock, which btw is required with the games manual aim-lock.

Why do you discriminate against the disabled, and those who have difficulty engaging the manual lock?

Don't be an "Ableist"...

​Does it?  As I understand it for wheeled vehicles, they don't have to mouse over a tank for it to lock, just be near the tank.  I could be wrong, I haven't played wheeled tanks yet.  But I do recall reading this in the notes about the tanks.

In addition to that it was touted as having aim bot qualities.

View PostGatoRat, on Jun 01 2019 - 16:41, said:

I do think there is a new aimbot on the market that is getting past what passes for WG mod detector.

​If what I mentioned above is correct, it's not only getting passed the mod detector, it's being ignored as it's considered a legal mod.

leeuniverse #17 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 03:45

Major

• Players
  • 38432 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

"Aim-MOD"...

Yes, the games version of the mod for wheeled you have to be just "close" to the tank and it auto-locks on it.

That's actually how the original mod used to work, then it became a "banned" feature.  LOL

Copacetic #18 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 16:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 45160 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
Crap player complaining XVM user can see said crapness and won't support him when he yolos. Precious.

Also tagged with mods

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users