KRZYBoop's D-Day Clan Spotlight

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

codenamesharpsword #41 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 15:39

Private

• Players
  • 10261 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

Looks like a great bunch of tankers!  I love the non-toxic/ for-fun style, and good on you for sticking to it!

I'm already in my forever family of clans, but I'll be sure to send a friendly salute whenever I see you in battle!  :honoring: D-DAY

MacDaddyMatty #42 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 15:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 32987 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Post_sandblaster, on Jun 07 2019 - 07:14, said:

macdaddymatt Quote

we have some alt accounts in [HHOUR] who’s main accounts are in well known clans.

dude stfu

LOL!

Sorry Peter Parker

...er... I mean "Sandblaster"

:teethhappy:

TheGame_ #43 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 16:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38525 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View Post_Drakonis_, on Jun 06 2019 - 18:56, said:

What is really low is you and your buddy coming in here and acting like [edited]. I know most of D-day and they are a great bunch of guys. They at least have some class and maturity, something you two are obviously lacking.

wait wait wait.

Are you saying what is even lower than riding the backs of millions of dead soldiers/sailors/airmen/marines to a WG title no one cares about literally because of a clan vote...is posting on the forums...

wow my dude. re evaluate yourself.

_Drakonis_ #44 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 16:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4171 battles
  • [TOMAS] TOMAS

View PostGame_HypedOnGFuel, on Jun 07 2019 - 10:16, said:

wait wait wait.

Are you saying what is even lower than riding the backs of millions of dead soldiers/sailors/airmen/marines to a WG title no one cares about literally because of a clan vote...is posting on the forums...

Ah, does that mean we can't be friends

Desert_Fox_1969 #45 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 16:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 37270 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Oh boy.......here we go again. 

Just and fyi Mr.Hyped, most of the officers in the Clan D-DAY have served. We do NOT disrespect any fallen hero and as it was mentioned before that the name D-DAY is used even today as the start date of a Project / Operation. 

_Drakonis_ #46 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 16:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4171 battles
  • [TOMAS] TOMAS

Quite a bit of unnecessary elitist bitterness here that D-day doesn't deserve. I used to belong to D-day and know what a good bunch of guys they are and what some of them did by serving in the military. For some reason they let me be their commander, I still try not to hold that against you Stainless_Rat for giving me that position :teethhappy:

So for my old comrades I am going to do a giveaway for you guys for having to put up with the vitrol. One lucky D-Day clan member will get their choice of any premium tank in the shop (excluding a war chest or ultimate package, but a loaded package is fine) or 12k gold or 180 days of premium time.

I just need a D-day officer to give me the names of those who are interested :honoring:

MacDaddyMatty #47 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 17:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 32987 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

wait wait wait.

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Jun 07 2019 - 10:35, said:

Oh boy.......here we go again.

Just and fyi Mr.Hyped, most of the officers in the Clan D-DAY have served. We do NOT disrespect any fallen hero and as it was mentioned before that the name D-DAY is used even today as the start date of a Project / Operation.

When I took 135 Marines to Afghanistan in 2012, we were told that we would commence operations on D-Day at H-Hour.

They only give a vague timeline until you get closer. It's for operational security (and because plans have to flex due to logistics and other on-the-ground- events).

Regardless, there only one thing true in life: only you can control your emotions.

No one else can make you feelz a way.

If someone is bothered by the fact that a usually top-100 clan, that often finishes top 50 on the global map, and had occasional positive contact with WGNA staff regarding game events, and that is regarded as a positive influence on the game, is being recognized - then that person really needs to ask themselves... why are they so butthurt bothered?

If they are honest with themselves,  there likely won't be a good reason.

Anyway, to quote a wise man:

Block Quote

"their salt doesn't ruin my eggs one bit"

It actually is kind of a compliment.

:D

MacDaddyMatty #48 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 17:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 32987 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Post_Drakonis_, on Jun 07 2019 - 10:56, said:

So for my old comrades I am going to do a giveaway for you guys for having to put up with the vitrol. One lucky D-Day clan member will get their choice of any premium tank in the shop (excluding a war chest or ultimate package, but a loaded package is fine) or 12k gold or 180 days of premium time.

I just need a D-day officer to give me the names of those who are interested :honoring:

Your generosity is, as always, humbling and appreciated.

You just want names? Or should we pick a winner?

We're having a Pz1C race at the end of the month...

Spoiler

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Jun 07 2019 - 17:31.

_Drakonis_ #49 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 17:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4171 battles
  • [TOMAS] TOMAS

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Jun 07 2019 - 11:21, said:

Spoiler

Oh, just do the winner of the race, I know those are always fun :B

_John1986_ #50 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 18:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13799 battles
  • [PZB] PZB

wait wait wait.

I will quote this and quote Mac's response to you and in hopes you read it and be able to grasp and understand what he said.

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Jun 07 2019 - 11:17, said:

When I took 135 Marines to Afghanistan in 2012, we were told that we would commence operations on D-Day at H-Hour.

They only give a vague timeline until you get closer. It's for operational security (and because plans have to flex due to logistics and other on-the-ground- events).

Regardless, there only one thing true in life: only you can control your emotions.

No one else can make you feelz a way.

If someone is bothered by the fact that a usually top-100 clan, that often finishes top 50 on the global map, and had occasional positive contact with WGNA staff regarding game events, and that is regarded as a positive influence on the game, is being recognized - then that person really needs to ask themselves... why are they so butthurt bothered?

If they are honest with themselves,  there likely won't be a good reason.

Anyway, to quote a wise man:

In D-Day. and H-hour (Clans) we have a few who are serving and or (Combat)Veterans. I myself am a Combat Veteran, if I may speak for my clan we would never think of as you put it "riding the backs of millions of dead soldiers/sailors/airmen/marines to a WG title". That is just plain rude and disgraceful of you to even suggest that.

I ask you sir/ma'am to take a good look at yourself, What you are saying, and how it not only reflects the kind of person you are portraying but also that of your current clan. Maybe you don't care and that is fine. After all these are forums on a website and a game that for the most part we try to enjoy and have fun. 

However I am sure your parent's or legal guardians have at least taught you some manners/politeness/respect (for yourself and others)  and the saying goes. "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all". 

Anyways thanks to all again for the support and the recognition. it's s an honor and a privilege that D-Day and H-Hour are in the spotlight of the community. Also it is a honor and a privilege to be part of the family of gamers and friends that make up D-Day and H-Hour.

Edited by _John1986_, Jun 07 2019 - 19:53.

MacDaddyMatty #51 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 18:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 32987 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostPsychopinoy, on Jun 07 2019 - 07:23, said:

Congrats D-DAY. Very nice read.  F0CUS really enjoyed the accounts and I am sure you guys will too. Looking forward to see you guys out there. Prepare for being yoloed

I'm planning on driving a lot of arty because I want to see the whole other team yolo.

Spoiler

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Jun 07 2019 - 18:29.

bmire #52 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 18:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14861 battles
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Jun 07 2019 - 17:17, said:

you guys finished 112 in latest season, not saying you didn't deserve getting the spotlight, but a lot of clans that are more active/ successful have never been mentioned.

Gravitymint #53 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 18:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6396 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

View Post_John1986_, on Jun 07 2019 - 13:34, said:

Funny you mentioned about never seeing us in a match. I don't ever recall seeing you or anyone from your clan in a battle. 

Everyone has right to his or her opinion regardless if polite or not. With that said thank you everyone that has been positive it does outshine the few who are being negative remember it's just a game so try and have fun!    

I can see why, probably because you lack battles and your wn8 isn't gonna put you with players who are much better/worse, and it's 'EVERYBODY IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION' should've picked 2 clans worthy and deserving, not just because of a lucky clan tag =)

164thLeichteAfrikaDiv #54 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 18:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20184 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostGravitymint, on Jun 07 2019 - 18:37, said:

I can see why, probably because you lack battles and your wn8 isn't gonna put you with players who are much better/worse, and it's 'EVERYBODY IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION' should've picked 2 clans worthy and deserving, not just because of a lucky clan tag =)

I can assure you if REDU's clan name was D-DAY then you wouldn't get the spotlight. The timing is about the name but the spotlight is well deserved based on all the positive comments already stated in this thread. And clearly the upvotes in favour would agree. So for all you who think it's about the name...bugger off, these guys are a lot more than just their name. 

Desert_Fox_1969 #55 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 19:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 37270 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postbmire, on Jun 07 2019 - 12:23, said:

you guys finished 112 in latest season, not saying you didn't deserve getting the spotlight, but a lot of clans that are more active/ successful have never been mentioned.

If you measure success just by a position on a Global Map you have much to learn in life. Just sayin'.

_John1986_ #56 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 19:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13799 battles
  • [PZB] PZB

View PostGravitymint, on Jun 07 2019 - 12:37, said:

I didn't know little over 12k battles was lacking, But if it is perhaps it is due to my time spent away for military and defense work. But I have played with and against some very skilled players and those who are learning (or still learning) from my 6+ years of playing this game.So that first part of your reply is hollow at best.

Well I believe everyone has a right to express what he or she wants to say, I won't try to debate rights vs entitled (entitlements) but I am sure if you want then may I suggest google. Or someone else on the forums may want to. If you would like I offer you gravitymint to stop by our teamspeak chill with us and play a few games with us or sit back and talk and enjoy a few laughs. If not then enjoy your games.

Anyways we look forward to having and using the sheriffs accounts and giving those a chance to win some gold by killing us in game. Hope to see ya'll in game and enjoy!

Edited by _John1986_, Jun 07 2019 - 19:43.

_sandblaster #57 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 19:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 168 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

View PostGame_HypedOnGFuel, on Jun 07 2019 - 16:16, said:

wait wait wait.

1-800-273-8255

View Postbmire, on Jun 07 2019 - 18:23, said:

sorry buddy comes across like sourgrapes

remember "trust me rifleman, there will always be someone faster - be more persistent" capt lastimosa

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Jun 07 2019 - 17:17, said:

^

best part

if this spotlight meant zilch no one would care

the more the hate the bigger the deal

gg d-day

cloudwalkr #58 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 20:13

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56419 battles

View Postmojave, on Jun 07 2019 - 05:42, said:

I would like to congratulate the D-DAY/HHOUR community. They have managed to successfully build and more impressively maintain a community in a bracket of skill where there is typically very high turnover. This achievement is not one to be taken lightly.
While I understand that some feel spotlights should be reserved for clans of exceptional skill I feel that clans are first and foremost about community and it is evident that D-DAY/HHOUR have accomplished creating a healthy community within wot that has lasted years and will likely continue to do so.
P.S. please dont group the whole unicum group into the toxic category. We are people just like you as well.

I would like to second this ^^^

View PostGame_HypedOnGFuel, on Jun 07 2019 - 16:16, said:

Dude, just let them have their moment, it's really not a big deal and certainly not worth all the shade you and a few others are throwing.  Who cares if they have a spotlight?  Congratulate them and move on with your day.  Every clan should have a chance at a spotlight, and D-Day are fine people so no reason to beat up on them for being selected by WG, despite the reason you might feel they were selected.

It's really not a big deal.

Congrats again D-Day and crew.  You guys are always funny on the forums and try your best in games I see your tags in, I can respect that despite what skill level you might be at.

cloudwalkr #59 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 20:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56419 battles

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Jun 07 2019 - 17:21, said:

Spoiler

Those videos are hilarious.  I might recommend choosing someone in your community that is always willing to show for training rooms, or other helpful things without ever asking or wanting anything in return.  

TheReverendFossa #60 Posted Jun 07 2019 - 20:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32732 battles
  • [IXGD] IXGD
:honoring: Congrats Gentlemen! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users