KRZYBoop's D-Day Clan Spotlight

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Hardcorpse #81 Posted Jun 09 2019 - 05:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 27682 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Much thanks to those in the community who are lending us your support. It's especially nice to hear from some old friends, and maybe even from some new ones.

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Jun 07 2019 - 11:17, said:

When I took 135 Marines to Afghanistan...

Man, that’s a really lame fake story. In fact, it sounds totally real. Here, let a former Army Warrant Officer show you how to spin a story that sounds as fake as a $5 Rolex…

It was D-Day, H+3, in the Republic of Cortina on the Island of Aragon. There I was, in my Huey Gunship, flying just above the trees while Uncle Fester scoured the ground below for the invading forces of the 101st Airborne. Suddenly, there was movement below in the bushes, and I quickly banked the gunship to the side so PJ could light-up the enemy LRSD team with the Mk 19 automatic grenade launcher. PJ liked playing with her food, so she shot behind them to make the run around the clump of bushes like the pig-dogs that they were. It wasn’t until they got tired and slowed down that their time in this battle was ended abruptly by a barrage of 40mm HE rounds. Uncle Fester triumphantly proclaimed “That will teach them not to mess with the Cortina Liberation Front!” For our victory lap, we flew around and randomly sprayed their pig-dog friends with the M-60 machinegun mounted on the other side of the aircraft. Eventually, some pig-dog got a lucky shot on us with a Stinger missile and we all died. That’s OK though, because after we got better we gave them a tougher fight the next day on D+1. Back then we didn’t have Wikipedia to look up commonly-used military terms like “D-Day” and “H-Hour”, so we had to rely on paper-bound military manuals in order to plan our battles. And that is a true story! (Or is it?) :)

Edited by Hardcorpse, Jun 09 2019 - 05:36.

MacDaddyMatty #82 Posted Jun 09 2019 - 15:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 31956 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostHardcorpse, on Jun 08 2019 - 23:32, said:

Much thanks to those in the community who are lending us your support. It's especially nice to hear from some old friends, and maybe even from some new ones.

Man, that’s a really lame fake story. In fact, it sounds totally real. Here, let a former Army Warrant Officer show you how to spin a story that sounds as fake as a $5 Rolex…

It was D-Day, H+3, in the Republic of Cortina on the Island of Aragon. There I was, in my Huey Gunship, flying just above the trees while Uncle Fester scoured the ground below for the invading forces of the 101st Airborne. Suddenly, there was movement below in the bushes, and I quickly banked the gunship to the side so PJ could light-up the enemy LRSD team with the Mk 19 automatic grenade launcher. PJ liked playing with her food, so she shot behind them to make the run around the clump of bushes like the pig-dogs that they were. It wasn’t until they got tired and slowed down that their time in this battle was ended abruptly by a barrage of 40mm HE rounds. Uncle Fester triumphantly proclaimed “That will teach them not to mess with the Cortina Liberation Front!” For our victory lap, we flew around and randomly sprayed their pig-dog friends with the M-60 machinegun mounted on the other side of the aircraft. Eventually, some pig-dog got a lucky shot on us with a Stinger missile and we all died. That’s OK though, because after we got better we gave them a tougher fight the next day on D+1. Back then we didn’t have Wikipedia to look up commonly-used military terms like “D-Day” and “H-Hour”, so we had to rely on paper-bound military manuals in order to plan our battles. And that is a true story! (Or is it?) :)

Wait... I thought you flew Blackhawks.

Zugzwang #83 Posted Jun 09 2019 - 15:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20905 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

View PostUnusualFrosting, on Jun 06 2019 - 15:50, said:

Scraping the barrel with these most recent clan spotlights I see.

Are you an [edited]Hat in real life as well?

MacDaddyMatty #84 Posted Jun 09 2019 - 20:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 31956 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

OK. running around in a wheeled vehicle running food and baiting the enemy team is ROFL fun.

I am solely responsible for wins where the red tanks blatantly expose themselves to kill the Sheriff, and are deleted my my teamates.

Before the end of the match I get aggressive and rush a lone tank. They often win the duel... but they earn it for sure,

o7

Hardcorpse #85 Posted Jun 09 2019 - 21:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 27682 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
So far the most well-earned 250 gold was a 355 WN8 player who dipped his IS over a cliff just enough to shoot and destroy my tank without falling off the cliff. I love seeing regular players making pro moves to win gold, and I hope my play style is encouraging them to step out of their comfort zone.

_Freestyle #86 Posted Jun 09 2019 - 22:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 25880 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
Ok i guess?

MacDaddyMatty #87 Posted Jun 10 2019 - 02:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 31956 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

2 tanks rush me.

It is a 2 on 1 fur-ball for a good 90 seconds.

Really awesome play by all of us...

Guess which one got the kill!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/579360692541325312/587446327575707681/lol-2.png

:D

I am totally going down the wheeled LT line.

MacDaddyMatty #88 Posted Jun 10 2019 - 14:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 31956 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Fantastic weekend of driving some cool and also some rare tanks.

(Pz 5/4 is kind of a dog IMHO. Chieftain is awesomesauce!)

Had a blast and a lot of tankers earned gold from me.

You Are Welcome to all the people who PM'd me with GG's o7s and Thanks.

Bummer that the Sheriff acts are all chat-banned, but one person craps their pants and the rest of us have to wear diapers is a thing.

Best moment other than the fur-ball posted above...

Our team has half our tanks alive and healthy, their team has 1 TD and 2 arty left.

I'm a 1-shot in the tier 8 wheelie.

I see the 2 arty and charge to ram the closer one. Almost connect with the target... and the other arty (not very close by) shotguns me stealing the kill from his buddy.

VERY smooth.

:D

Huge THANK YOU to War Gamming for your kind words to us, and giving the [D-DAY] and [HHOUR] community this opportunity.

Hope we continue to make you proud!

:honoring:

Vins_Clortho #89 Posted Jun 10 2019 - 19:00

Private

• -Players-
  • 10594 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

Congrats D-Day, had a great time in the clan, always fun and everyone was always great.

DudleyD00rite #90 Posted Jun 10 2019 - 22:16

Private

• Players
  • 25701 battles

Congratulation on the Spotlight. I was so excited and proud of you guys when I heard you where being spotlighted. Well deserved. I hope one day to return and hang out with a whole new group of members, That I am sure are just as great as the group when I left. As mentioned above let them have their opinion, those that know the members and clan are not listening to them any way. Good Job again guys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users