Jump to content


- - - - -

Update 1.5.1 Common Test 3 Announcement + Feedback Request

update feedback 1.5.1 common test

  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: 1.5.1 CT 3 Frontline Changes (88 members have cast votes)

Are you looking forward to these changes?

  1. Yes (53 votes [60.92%])

    Percentage of vote: 60.92%

  2. No (21 votes [24.14%])

    Percentage of vote: 24.14%

  3. Don't care (13 votes [14.94%])

    Percentage of vote: 14.94%

Please vote for all changes that you agree with

  1. Combat Reserves: LT - reduced to 1 (originally 3) (27 votes [8.13%])

    Percentage of vote: 8.13%

  2. Combat Reserves: MT - Increased to 2 (originally 1) (51 votes [15.36%])

    Percentage of vote: 15.36%

  3. Combat Reserves: HT - increased to 3 (originally 1) (33 votes [9.94%])

    Percentage of vote: 9.94%

  4. Combat Reserves: TD - No Changes (36 votes [10.84%])

    Percentage of vote: 10.84%

  5. Combat Reserves: SPG - reduced to 1 (originally 3) (45 votes [13.55%])

    Percentage of vote: 13.55%

  6. Decreased respawn from 30s to 10s (61 votes [18.37%])

    Percentage of vote: 18.37%

  7. Increased repair cooldown from 5 to 7 mins (14 votes [4.22%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.22%

  8. Pillboxes now spot enemy vehicles up to 445m view range (48 votes [14.46%])

    Percentage of vote: 14.46%

  9. All of them (don't vote for other options in this question if you pick this one) (9 votes [2.71%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.71%

  10. None of them (8 votes [2.41%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.41%

Please vote for all changes you disagree with

  1. Combat Reserves: LT - reduced to 1 (originally 3) (44 votes [22.22%])

    Percentage of vote: 22.22%

  2. Combat Reserves: MT - Increased to 2 (originally 1) (11 votes [5.56%])

    Percentage of vote: 5.56%

  3. Combat Reserves: HT - increased to 3 (originally 1) (33 votes [16.67%])

    Percentage of vote: 16.67%

  4. Combat Reserves: TD - No Changes (8 votes [4.04%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.04%

  5. Combat Reserves: SPG - reduced to 1 (originally 3) (25 votes [12.63%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.63%

  6. Decreased respawn from 30s to 10s (5 votes [2.53%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.53%

  7. Increased repair cooldown from 5 to 7 mins (42 votes [21.21%])

    Percentage of vote: 21.21%

  8. Pillboxes now spot enemy vehicles up to 445m view range (16 votes [8.08%])

    Percentage of vote: 8.08%

  9. All of them (1 vote [0.51%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.51%

  10. None of them (don't vote for other options in this question if you pick this one) (13 votes [6.57%])

    Percentage of vote: 6.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

DomoSapien #1 Posted May 30 2019 - 17:46

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 14698 battles
  • 1,071
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

Tankers, 

 

1.5.1 Common Test 3 is live!

We're testing some small balance and quality of life tweaks to Frontline. I think some of them are pretty interesting, and they seem to be founded on the basis of player feedback. (Note the changes to consumable quantities to break up some of the Light Tank and SPG meta) and the spotting mechanics being introduced for Pillboxes to address the ability for Light Tanks and Wheeled vehicles to break through to the back line and start attacking pillboxes uncontested.

 

Changes to Frontline mode:

  • Changed the number Combat Reserves slots available for each vehicle type — the new amounts are as follows:
    • Light tanks: 1 slot (instead of 3)
    • Medium tanks: 2 slots (instead of 1)
    • Heavy tanks: 3 slots (instead of 1)
    • Tank Destroyers: No changes (2 slots)
    • SPGs: 1 slot (instead of 3)
  • Decreased respawn cooldown from 30 to 10 seconds.
  • Increased the repair cooldown of destroyed vehicles from 5 to 7 minutes; reinforcement cooldown remains unchanged.
  • The objectives (pillboxes with the large-caliber guns) now spot enemy vehicles of the attacking team according to the standard rules of spotting. The view range of the pillboxes is 445 meters.

Please leave your feedback below and fill out the poll. Let me know if there are any issues with the polling options, etc.


Edited by DomoSapien, May 30 2019 - 21:12.


DetectiveHoots #2 Posted May 30 2019 - 17:51

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9165 battles
  • 172
  • [FLARE] FLARE
  • Member since:
    05-10-2013

Very interesting. I am looking forward to seeing how these affect the next season. I am more optimistic than I was before reading this post. 

 

Thanks for the update Domo!



LeaveIT2Beaver #3 Posted May 30 2019 - 17:51

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 37182 battles
  • 9,902
  • [J4F] J4F
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View PostDomoSapien, on May 30 2019 - 11:46, said:

 

Please leave your feedback below and fill out the poll. Let me know if there are any issues with the polling options, etc.

 

I had to vote in the BOTTOM half of the poll also in order to register my votes

 

THIS looks like a change. I would still like to see the maps CLOSED to the red team when they are kicked out of it. NO ENTRY behind the lines to respawn areas 


Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, May 30 2019 - 17:52.


DomoSapien #4 Posted May 30 2019 - 17:53

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 14698 battles
  • 1,071
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on May 30 2019 - 10:51, said:

 

I had to vote in the BOTTOM half of the poll also in order to register my votes

 

THIS looks like a change. I would still like to see the maps CLOSED to the red team when they are kicked out of it. NO ENTRY behind the lines to respawn areas 

 

Should be fixed now, thanks!

_Tsavo_ #5 Posted May 30 2019 - 18:02

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 45448 battles
  • 19,341
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

I am a huge fan of arty getting one reserve to work with, having 3 was baloney.  Oh, lemme spot you, arty you, then arty you again, then if you survive all of that, I'll finish you with an air strike.  Fun and engaging.  Lights could go for 2, methinks, but otherwise it's good.  Faster respawns at the expense of longer tank repairs.

 

Though it won't stop me from burgling arty with wheelies when the chances arise.



RoyalGreenPC #6 Posted May 30 2019 - 18:03

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23231 battles
  • 1,394
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View PostDomoSapien, on May 30 2019 - 12:46, said:

Tankers, 

 

1.5.1 Common Test 3 is live!

We're testing some small balance and quality of life tweaks to Frontline. I think some of them are pretty interesting, and they seem to be founded on the basis of player feedback. (Note the changes to consumable quantities to break up some of the Light Tank and SPG meta) and the spotting mechanics being introduced for Pillboxes to address the ability for Light Tanks and Wheeled vehicles to break through to the back line and start attacking pillboxes uncontested.

 

Changes to Frontline mode:

  • Changed the number Combat Reserves slots available for each vehicle type — the new amounts are as follows:
    • Light tanks: 1 slot (instead of 3)
    • Medium tanks: 2 slots (instead of 1)
    • Heavy tanks: 3 slots (instead of 1)
    • Tank Destroyers: No changes (2 slots)
    • SPGs: 1 slot (instead of 3)
  • Decreased respawn cooldown from 30 to 10 seconds.
  • Increased the repair cooldown of destroyed vehicles from 5 to 7 minutes; reinforcement cooldown remains unchanged.
  • The objectives (pillboxes with the large-caliber guns) now spot enemy vehicles of the attacking team according to the standard rules of spotting. The view range of the pillboxes is 445 meters.

Please leave your feedback below and fill out the poll. Let me know if there are any issues with the polling options, etc.

 

Pillbox view range is nice, maybe give them a small gun as well so they can handle a single scout?

HTs should NOT have that many reserves, 2 max is acceptable. LTs and SPGs should also be reduced to 2, instead of 1 imo.



Garandster #7 Posted May 30 2019 - 18:04

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 5950 battles
  • 997
  • Member since:
    04-12-2018
I really like the idea of the objectives being able to spot and the decreased respawn timer to get back in action quicker! I don't mind the cooldown for tanks being longer, but it might make it harder for people with fewer tier 8 tanks to play. Any chance we will be seeing an increased number of credit rentals this upcoming episode like Asia had?

PTwr #8 Posted May 30 2019 - 18:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 45208 battles
  • 10,337
  • [BITSA] BITSA
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

Nerf LT's and SPG's?



Kramah313 #9 Posted May 30 2019 - 18:13

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4414 battles
  • 213
  • Member since:
    01-26-2018
Some pretty interesting ideas here. Excited to try them out!

stevezaxx #10 Posted May 30 2019 - 18:16

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39573 battles
  • 1,282
  • [COD] COD
  • Member since:
    08-02-2011
Make them all have 2 combat reserves. If 3 is too many for lights or SPGs, then its too many for Heavies as well. Equality for ALL TANKS!

Plays_With_Matches #11 Posted May 30 2019 - 18:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 29696 battles
  • 2,995
  • [K-H] K-H
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 30 2019 - 12:02, said:

I am a huge fan of arty getting one reserve to work with, having 3 was baloney.  Oh, lemme spot you, arty you, then arty you again, then if you survive all of that, I'll finish you with an air strike.  Fun and engaging.  Lights could go for 2, methinks, but otherwise it's good.  Faster respawns at the expense of longer tank repairs.

 

Though it won't stop me from burgling arty with wheelies when the chances arise.

 

^^^  Completely agree 100%

 



Crypticshock #12 Posted May 30 2019 - 18:19

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 19207 battles
  • 1,022
  • [TROBS] TROBS
  • Member since:
    03-13-2011

I don't think any tank should have 3 consumables. I am fine with all of the other Consumables; I would just give HT 2 slot. This should reduce the easy general for arty and lower the amount of light tanks.

Pillboxes spotting you is another good change; the Defending team just got extra strong because a few areas where you could go, unspotted, and farm the gun are pretty much killed now.

There should be something to differentiate that you were spotted by a pillbox over a tank.



Bushranger #13 Posted May 30 2019 - 18:24

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 47163 battles
  • 54
  • Member since:
    06-03-2011
An unpopular addition would be to limit the number of light tanks per team to 1 or 2 per zone, like how arty is limited. Too many times cap is rushed by lights or objectives destroyed early, especially by the fast and hard to hit wheelies. 

ThePigSheFlies #14 Posted May 30 2019 - 18:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 73049 battles
  • 17,429
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

FL mode is the only mode where LTs can happily, and fairly consistently utilize their view range, and their mobility compared to random battles.  In fact I often would play FL as a nice reprieve from constant cycles of himmels, mt pass, abbey, paris, ruinberg, and similar trash maps.  making it less rewarding, and more challenging to general using a LT will definitely take some of the entertainment out of it for me personally.

 

gimping them by not allowing them to use spotter planes/smoke and engineering will likely mean that I will spend less time in the mode, especially if you guys moronically give more consumables to mediums and heavies...  I could give up the smoke, and use spotter/engineering if reduced to 2, but 1 is ridiculously stupid, and instead one would just see people queueing up in fast heavies or one would see an increase in progetto spam...

 

I don't think that people would be griping about consumables so much if you simply removed the arty strikes and air strikes...  (which ironically I do not use)



tod914 #15 Posted May 30 2019 - 18:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 64246 battles
  • 6,294
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

2 reserves across the board except arty.  Arty should only have one...  remove arty strike and air strike from arty's choices.

 

The pill boxes spotting will certainly change the game dynamic.  Curious to see how it works out.


Edited by tod914, May 30 2019 - 18:49.


Buttknuckle #16 Posted May 30 2019 - 18:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 50854 battles
  • 2,981
  • [-RECK] -RECK
  • Member since:
    03-19-2013

No small steps here I see. Going from 3 to 1 or 1 to 3 seems extreme. Im also in the give each class 2 reserves camp.

 

Except for arty, which should be removed from the mode entirely if you insist on giving every class the option to have arty and airstrikes - reserves which I suspect we'll see more of now that people will have more reserve slots.



Insanefriend #17 Posted May 30 2019 - 18:58

    Captain

  • Players
  • 45367 battles
  • 1,670
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012

I think the game mode would be more fun if they just got rid of the damage reserves, airstrike and arty strike.  I can see where the support class reserves can be helpful with either taking a cap or defending a cap but I'd be down for them getting removed as well.  In my mind they just don't make the game more enjoyable.

 

Or if they rebalanced some of the reserves so they weren't annoying.  Like recon planes being able to spot people inside bushes or in smoke.  This change would mostly allow scouts to bush spot, but let the recon planes see the td that are sitting behind bush cover.


Edited by Insanefriend, May 30 2019 - 19:05.


dont_ping_me #18 Posted May 30 2019 - 19:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 83251 battles
  • 3,581
  • Member since:
    02-11-2012
I like the fact that the bunkers can now spot, but view range should be lower.

owlgator #19 Posted May 30 2019 - 20:24

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15476 battles
  • 1,719
  • [W--W] W--W
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011
Instead of limiting reserves for lights and arty you should have considered either a) disabling air/arty strikes for arty as mentioned previously, or b) combining air/arty strikes into one reserve.  No need for both as now we'll just see 2x as much spam from the 50%+ medium tanks.

SpamNCan #20 Posted May 30 2019 - 20:27

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13425 battles
  • 124
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014
Yay, now make the pillboxes more resistant to light tank guns and we're good. Everyone loves when the attackers open one flank to the objectives and respawn 1/4 of the team as lights to blitz behind locked zones to blow them up... right?

Edited by SpamNCan, May 30 2019 - 20:28.






Also tagged with update, feedback, 1.5.1, common test

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users