- - - - -

Update 1.5.1 Common Test 3 Announcement + Feedback Request

update feedback 1.5.1 common test

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: 1.5.1 CT 3 Frontline Changes (88 members have cast votes)

Are you looking forward to these changes?

1. Yes (53 votes [60.92%])

Percentage of vote: 60.92%

2. No (21 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

3. Don't care (13 votes [14.94%])

Percentage of vote: 14.94%

Please vote for all changes that you agree with

1. Combat Reserves: LT - reduced to 1 (originally 3) (27 votes [8.13%])

Percentage of vote: 8.13%

2. Combat Reserves: MT - Increased to 2 (originally 1) (51 votes [15.36%])

Percentage of vote: 15.36%

3. Combat Reserves: HT - increased to 3 (originally 1) (33 votes [9.94%])

Percentage of vote: 9.94%

4. Combat Reserves: TD - No Changes (36 votes [10.84%])

Percentage of vote: 10.84%

5. Combat Reserves: SPG - reduced to 1 (originally 3) (45 votes [13.55%])

Percentage of vote: 13.55%

6. Decreased respawn from 30s to 10s (61 votes [18.37%])

Percentage of vote: 18.37%

7. Increased repair cooldown from 5 to 7 mins (14 votes [4.22%])

Percentage of vote: 4.22%

8. Pillboxes now spot enemy vehicles up to 445m view range (48 votes [14.46%])

Percentage of vote: 14.46%

9. All of them (don't vote for other options in this question if you pick this one) (9 votes [2.71%])

Percentage of vote: 2.71%

10. None of them (8 votes [2.41%])

Percentage of vote: 2.41%

Please vote for all changes you disagree with

1. Combat Reserves: LT - reduced to 1 (originally 3) (44 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. Combat Reserves: MT - Increased to 2 (originally 1) (11 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

3. Combat Reserves: HT - increased to 3 (originally 1) (33 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. Combat Reserves: TD - No Changes (8 votes [4.04%])

Percentage of vote: 4.04%

5. Combat Reserves: SPG - reduced to 1 (originally 3) (25 votes [12.63%])

Percentage of vote: 12.63%

6. Decreased respawn from 30s to 10s (5 votes [2.53%])

Percentage of vote: 2.53%

7. Increased repair cooldown from 5 to 7 mins (42 votes [21.21%])

Percentage of vote: 21.21%

8. Pillboxes now spot enemy vehicles up to 445m view range (16 votes [8.08%])

Percentage of vote: 8.08%

9. All of them (1 vote [0.51%])

Percentage of vote: 0.51%

10. None of them (don't vote for other options in this question if you pick this one) (13 votes [6.57%])

Percentage of vote: 6.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Nutzo #21 Posted May 30 2019 - 20:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 47858 battles
  • [K-BBQ] K-BBQ

heavies could use 2 instead of 3, and lights could use 2 instead  of 1 given they're already working on worse combat stats than most tanks, but i can work with one, just means i'll only ever use engineering on them. past that i can agree with these changes, but i won't be mad if you hit arty harder with the newspaper

Edited by Nutzo, May 30 2019 - 20:49.

artilector #22 Posted May 30 2019 - 20:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24944 battles

Great changes overall.

Some thoughts -- LTs and SPGs should definitely be limited to 1 reserve at most. However, IMO the other classes should probably all have the same amount -- now whether it should be 2 or 3, not sure. 2 is nice because there would be less reserve spamming, but 3 is nice because it gives them more of an advantage over lights (who tend to turn a tank game into something strange on a wide map like FL).

As it is right now, with only HTs getting 3s, it might have an adverse effect on the meta. Maybe 3 reserves for HTs would be balanced given the current tank distributions, but if the change causes a lot of people to switch into heavies, resulting in hordes of Defenders (including mine, lol) spamming reserves, that might overpower the mediums & lights, especially at the start.

So probably I would increase HT reserves to 2, see how it goes -- maybe it will be enough.

tod914 #23 Posted May 30 2019 - 20:57

Major

• Players
  • 63928 battles
Heavies with Engineering, Inspire, & Smoke on a cap... too much.

DrOoLeR_In_Da_HoUsE #24 Posted May 30 2019 - 23:41

Major

• Players
  • 41383 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

still think they need to move the NO GO zone forwards to the back edge of the capture points (A,B,C).. so tired of every freaking assault tank pushing into areas and cutting off the entry points so u cant even leave your spawn area.. thats just stupid..

I personally dont think any class should have more then 2 slot.. pick 2, and deal with it. the only people that dont like reduced slots are the people who drive that specific class..

nuclearguy931 #25 Posted May 31 2019 - 04:03

Major

• Players
  • 80979 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View Poststevezaxx, on May 30 2019 - 12:16, said:

Make them all have 2 combat reserves. If 3 is too many for lights or SPGs, then its too many for Heavies as well. Equality for ALL TANKS!

So then cap the limit on the wheelies like they do with arty?....great idea. Equality for ALL.

SleeperAssasssin #26 Posted May 31 2019 - 04:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14871 battles
  • [BADWG] BADWG
Be honest WG, how often do you guys have meetings to see about new and interesting ways to hate LT drivers? I mean the only competitive ones now are the wheeled ones. Seriously you have to be a masochist to be a LT player in this game anymore.

Moridin_707 #27 Posted May 31 2019 - 19:24

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19845 battles

View PostSleeperAssasssin, on May 30 2019 - 19:50, said:

Be honest WG, how often do you guys have meetings to see about new and interesting ways to hate LT drivers? I mean the only competitive ones now are the wheeled ones. Seriously you have to be a masochist to be a LT player in this game anymore.

LT are more OP than they have ever been. Maybe you are just not good at them :|

Changes seem fine, although 3 reserves is a bit much for HT.

You MUST restrict access into lost territories. If Attackers cannot go into areas not capped yet, Defenders should not be able to go into areas that have been capped already.

noroschef #28 Posted Jun 01 2019 - 03:19

Private

• Players
  • 7563 battles
  • [TYHO] TYHO

Would be interested to know more about the data behind these decisions. A fair number of these changes don't seem to make any sense to me (dramatically reducing SPG and Light reserves while greatly increasing reserve count for heavies). I'm also unsure whether speeding up respawn time is actually a good thing, sure no one wants to wait longer, but the 30 sec delay plays an important role in establishing the combat cadence (now if you kill an enemy he could be charging back to take you out moments later).

At first glance, these changes don't seem well thought out.

TheGhost_wP #29 Posted Jun 01 2019 - 04:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 46608 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ

View PostThePigSheFlies, on May 30 2019 - 17:31, said:

FL mode is the only mode where LTs can happily, and fairly consistently utilize their view range, and their mobility compared to random battles.  In fact I often would play FL as a nice reprieve from constant cycles of himmels, mt pass, abbey, paris, ruinberg, and similar trash maps.  making it less rewarding, and more challenging to general using a LT will definitely take some of the entertainment out of it for me personally.

gimping them by not allowing them to use spotter planes/smoke and engineering will likely mean that I will spend less time in the mode, especially if you guys moronically give more consumables to mediums and heavies...  I could give up the smoke, and use spotter/engineering if reduced to 2, but 1 is ridiculously stupid, and instead one would just see people queueing up in fast heavies or one would see an increase in progetto spam...

I don't think that people would be griping about consumables so much if you simply removed the arty strikes and air strikes...  (which ironically I do not use)

The problem is it only helps fast light tanks, the faster the better and only because they are hard to hit fro really far away, if they do get hit they can go get repaired and do it again. I have found as a light player in pubs, you cant passive scout very well. Scout planes mean you can be spotted no matter how good of camo you have and the the way the maps are built there are no places for passive scouts to go to be real useful for the team. Its a map purpose made for active scouts and sniper scouts. It seems like there are a lot of places where its completely open for over 445 meters so if you dont need real good vr to spot a tank traveling across open ground and anything beyond that is unspottable, or hills that obstruct your view so it doesnt matter how much vr you have.

warp103 #30 Posted Jun 03 2019 - 06:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32085 battles
  • [LVTHN] LVTHN
wow nerf lite and spg that hard is stupid. You start FL with x slot and then near half way point to the goal post nerf classes.  Then hvy like the defender get 3 shots lol wow. Arty and lite have almost zero armor but the class that has the best armor let give them all the best stuff.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #31 Posted Jun 09 2019 - 05:47

Major

• Players
  • 36665 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostDomoSapien, on May 30 2019 - 23:46, said:

Tankers, 

1.5.1 Common Test 3 is live!

We're testing some small balance and quality of life tweaks to Frontline. I think some of them are pretty interesting, and they seem to be founded on the basis of player feedback. (Note the changes to consumable quantities to break up some of the Light Tank and SPG meta) and the spotting mechanics being introduced for Pillboxes to address the ability for Light Tanks and Wheeled vehicles to break through to the back line and start attacking pillboxes uncontested.

Changes to Frontline mode:

• Changed the number Combat Reserves slots available for each vehicle type — the new amounts are as follows:
    • Light tanks: 1 slot (instead of 3)
    • Medium tanks: 2 slots (instead of 1)
    • Heavy tanks: 3 slots (instead of 1)
    • Tank Destroyers: No changes (2 slots)
    • SPGs: 1 slot (instead of 3)
  • Decreased respawn cooldown from 30 to 10 seconds.
  • Increased the repair cooldown of destroyed vehicles from 5 to 7 minutes; reinforcement cooldown remains unchanged.
  • The objectives (pillboxes with the large-caliber guns) now spot enemy vehicles of the attacking team according to the standard rules of spotting. The view range of the pillboxes is 445 meters.

Please leave your feedback below and fill out the poll. Let me know if there are any issues with the polling options, etc.

Only 3 likes and the poll is split.  All it's gonna do is make people angry.  Support classes SHOULD get more combat reserves.  People are playing the classes they like to play or are grinding through.  All it's gonna do is mean less spots for the teams as the support classes won't choose spotting plane.

STOP the spawn camping dude, it happens every single game, a light and a medium go into spawn and the light farms the assisted and the medium further away farms the damage.  Rinse and repeat.....easy ranks....

EmperorJuliusCaesar #32 Posted Jun 09 2019 - 06:25

Major

• Players
  • 36665 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostInsanefriend, on May 31 2019 - 00:58, said:

I think the game mode would be more fun if they just got rid of the damage reserves, airstrike and arty strike.  I can see where the support class reserves can be helpful with either taking a cap or defending a cap but I'd be down for them getting removed as well.  In my mind they just don't make the game more enjoyable.

Or if they rebalanced some of the reserves so they weren't annoying.  Like recon planes being able to spot people inside bushes or in smoke.  This change would mostly allow scouts to bush spot, but let the recon planes see the td that are sitting behind bush cover.

And then everything would get spotted at range and wouldn't push....it would be a camp off. 

Also tagged with update, feedback, 1.5.1, common test

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users