Becoming a "recruit" and having a sanction

refer a friend recruit commander refer a friend 2.0 2.0 referral program

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

EndUserLicenseAgreement #1 Posted May 31 2019 - 00:49

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 38269 battles

Some of you might know me, or know of me. But we will skip that. I have not played tanks in over 60 days(not sure when the last time I actually played was) but I was looking at the Referral Program after I finally opened my game client longer than 2 minutes. 

I went on and read about the referral program AND THAT IS WHEN I NOTICED A FEW THINGS! 

First off, I noticed it said "player has not completed any recruit contracts;" (the 2nd bullet) and I also noticed it said "player has never been and is not a Commander at the moment;" (4th bullet). I have completed a recruit contract(as the recruiter in the first program) and received the t95e2:facepalm:. The last bullet reads "player's account is not suspended or sent to be deleted", well I've never received a game ban and I can still log onto my account so it hasn't been deleted(THERE IS A CATCH LOL). So right there I have been a commander before and I have completed a contract. But why would this be the case? Old players who once brought players to the game might have stopped playing and could possibly return, but you CANT be invited back because you were a commander/recruiter once before? Weird right? I have no incentive to come back to the game, so I submit a ticket just to double check with a human(or an automated response?) 

AT THIS MOMENT, I WAS COMPLETELY BLIND SIDED BY WARGAMING SUPPORT! (Insert Michael Oher memes below)

The reply

THE BLIND SIDE

Sooooooooooooooo..................... My chat ban from BEFORE JUNE 8th 2014 EXCLUDES ME FROM BECOMING A RECRUIT IN MID 2019

I'm not sure how this could be logical if the point of the program is to bring players back or bring new players into the game. What do you guys/gals think? Silly? Not silly? 

Whatever the opinions might be, I will not be returning to WOT because I do not have any incentives to return. 

Also, let this shorten the time you might waste trying to figure out if you can become a recruit if you are also thinking about returning to the game after a long break.

Garandster #2 Posted May 31 2019 - 01:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5830 battles

If the current opportunities to earn various tanks of tiers 5-8 are not incentive enough, idk why not getting a tier 6 or 7 tank is the deal breaker.

I think it is totally understandable that people with sanctions on accounts might be disallowed from entering the program. You could ask them to look into having the sanction removed if they can.

dave_292 #3 Posted May 31 2019 - 01:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 28024 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
 And your shocked that Wot is not going to let you join a training program for new players. They don't want you to teach them. You were that Bad.

EndUserLicenseAgreement #4 Posted May 31 2019 - 01:10

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 38269 battles

View PostGarandster, on May 30 2019 - 19:03, said:

If the current opportunities to earn various tanks of tiers 5-8 are not incentive enough, idk why not getting a tier 6 or 7 tank is the deal breaker.

I think it is totally understandable that people with sanctions on accounts might be disallowed from entering the program. You could ask them to look into having the sanction removed if they can.

The deal breaker is I am not even eligible for the program, and I would want the XP and credit bonuses, I dont care about the free tanks. 

EndUserLicenseAgreement #5 Posted May 31 2019 - 01:13

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 38269 battles

View Postdave_292, on May 30 2019 - 19:08, said:

And your shocked that Wot is not going to let you join a training program for new players. They don't want you to teach them. You were that Bad.

Wut? I want to become a recruit, NOT A COMMANDER/RECRUITER. I wouldn't be teaching anyone. I would be getting invited back to the game by an experienced player.

WhineMaker #6 Posted May 31 2019 - 01:24

Major

• Players
  • 37323 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

Chat Ban = Best Ban 

Maybe after the first, second, third, or fourth strike, you should have learned self control is a "thing" :facepalm:

Guess not and now you find out there are other ramifications to the punishment... :ohmy:

Adalbertt #7 Posted May 31 2019 - 01:27

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9520 battles
It seems to be a life sentence.

Kliphie #8 Posted May 31 2019 - 01:28

Major

• Players
  • 32218 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
Will validation from strangers help?

WhineMaker #9 Posted May 31 2019 - 01:31

Major

• Players
  • 37323 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostKliphie, on May 30 2019 - 16:28, said:

Will validation from strangers help?

Sometimes, only a Mother's caress can calm the savage rage... :child:

View PostAdalbertt, on May 30 2019 - 16:27, said:

It seems to be a life sentence.

But, but, but...

OP only had 5 chances to learn to calm down and would have, if only OP had a 6th chance... :facepalm:

LeaveIT2Beaver #10 Posted May 31 2019 - 02:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 36727 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
Tell them to get bit and move on

EndUserLicenseAgreement #11 Posted May 31 2019 - 02:39

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 38269 battles

View PostWhineMaker, on May 30 2019 - 19:24, said:

Chat Ban = Best Ban 

Maybe after the first, second, third, or fourth strike, you should have learned self control is a "thing" :facepalm:

Guess not and now you find out there are other ramifications to the punishment... :ohmy:

I was chat banned before strikes were a thing bud, like I said, I was chat banned from pre Jun 2014. :facepalm: 

Also, what is funny is I was AT MOST 15 at the time. Now I am 20 and I have a 2 year old kid. But guess what, maybe you will think it was a silly system when the NA server gets merged onto the EU or RU server because lack of players. 

WhineMaker #12 Posted May 31 2019 - 02:47

Major

• Players
  • 37323 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostEndUserLicenseAgreement, on May 30 2019 - 17:39, said:

I was chat banned before strikes were a thing bud, like I said, I was chat banned from pre Jun 2014. :facepalm: 

Also, what is funny is I was AT MOST 15 at the time. Now I am 20 and I have a 2 year old kid. But guess what, maybe you will think it was a silly system when the NA server gets merged onto the EU or RU server because lack of players. 

Doesn't matter at what age you earned the chat ban. You did that on your own and there were many more chances then to stop, than now. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime... :P

EndUserLicenseAgreement #13 Posted May 31 2019 - 02:47

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 38269 battles

View PostEndUserLicenseAgreement, on May 30 2019 - 18:49, said:

I'm not sure how this could be logical if the point of the program is to bring players back or bring new players into the game. What do you guys/gals think? Silly? Not silly? 

View PostWhineMaker, on May 30 2019 - 19:31, said:

Sometimes, only a Mother's caress can calm the savage rage... :child:

But, but, but...

OP only had 5 chances to learn to calm down and would have, if only OP had a 6th chance... :facepalm:

Let me help you out just a little because you seem to be having some trouble.

Just incase you didnt see it the first time @Whinemaker

I could care less(or more) about the chat ban, I couldnt care less about coming back to a game I have already stopped playing.  The point of the entire post is, "is it silly or not silly" that having a chat sanction prevents you from using the bonuses or receiving the rewards as a result of being invited back to the game... ESPECIALLY IF THE SANCTION CAME LONG BEFORE THE NEW PENALTY SYSTEM WAS IMPLEMENTED.

EndUserLicenseAgreement #14 Posted May 31 2019 - 02:51

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 38269 battles

View PostWhineMaker, on May 30 2019 - 20:47, said:

Doesn't matter at what age you earned the chat ban. You did that on your own and there were many more chances then to stop, than now. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime... :P

I dont care about the chat ban, I dont care about any of it. Read the post, if it is too long for you to read...then why are you replying?

Why have a system to bring players back if something related to chat( a sanction) disqualifies you? 

You are making this unproductive, if the system isnt working as intended(to bring players back) dont you think it needs to be revised?

gingerted91 #15 Posted May 31 2019 - 04:01

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1312 battles
  • [MORDR] MORDR
Not sure bringing back allegedly toxic players was a founding principle of the revamped program...  seems like good sense.

WhineMaker #16 Posted May 31 2019 - 04:13

Major

• Players
  • 37323 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostEndUserLicenseAgreement, on May 30 2019 - 17:51, said:

I dont care about the chat ban, I dont care about any of it. Read the post, if it is too long for you to read...then why are you replying?

Why have a system to bring players back if something related to chat( a sanction) disqualifies you? 

You are making this unproductive, if the system isnt working as intended(to bring players back) dont you think it needs to be revised?

Read Wg's reply... 

You have a sanction on your account, and this alone, is reason enough for WG to exclude you from the current program. Just because you were unable to maintain some self control in the past, is not a reason for WG to change their policies now... 

Simple solution: Reroll a new account and maintain a wee bit of self control this time... :ohmy:

RC_1140 #17 Posted May 31 2019 - 04:14

Major

• Players
  • 63151 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
Could always reroll.

Zombie_Snuggles #18 Posted May 31 2019 - 06:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 26464 battles
  • [ROGER] ROGER
If what you say is true, then it seems a second chance after 5 years would be cool. All you can do is send in tickets if you really do want to come back. Good luck

Burning_Haggis #19 Posted May 31 2019 - 06:20

Major

• Players
  • 45330 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View PostEndUserLicenseAgreement, on May 30 2019 - 19:51, said:

How about you drop the attitude, one would have thought that may be evident by now, and one would have realized being a jerk gets you nowhere. Time learn to read the rules for events.   If it is too long, we can help you out...   you acted like a jerk, and that door is closed, just like it is for anyone else that does something dumb.   How is that hard to understand?

From what I have seen, it takes quite a bunch of bad behavior to get chat banned.   You thought it was funny to do then, and now expect it to just disappear because you think you are special, and not subject to the same rules as the rest of the players.    

P.S... from the original post I could have guessed your age.

VooDooKobra #20 Posted May 31 2019 - 06:55

Major

• Players
  • 9681 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE
OP did you at any time put in a ticket about the possibility of having the sanction lifted?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users