AMX M4 54 upgrades on-track

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PTwr #1 Posted May 31 2019 - 21:38

Major

• Players
  • 44730 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

So, next pair of on-track is said to be T110E5, which I already have, and AMX M4 54, of second French heavy line.

As I am almost done with Sheridan I decided to slowly grind with assignable x3 to lessen workload during on-track itself. Therefore I come to you with seemingly simple, yet probably quite problematic, set of questions.

• Which gun on AMX 65t? 120mm gives huge improvement in alpha, but it looks derpy when compared to 100mm. And it is 30% of xp cost of next tank.
  • Which gun AMX M4 51? 120mm vs 127mm? 127mm looks sad when compared to 120mm. And it is 40% of xp cost of next tank.
  • Should I prioritize engine on AMX 65t? Thats a lot of additional horses.
  • Which modules should be free-exped as must-have?
  • What the hell is wrong with their turrets?! Who designed those things?! Oh. Right. Its french.
  • Playstyle? Are they our usual classic and obsolete heavy tanks or do they posses some unique perks?
  • Crew skills? I will start with refurbished trash crew, so count 1 skill and 90% on 2nd.

I am quite well set to start grind thanks to some shared modules. I already have AMX 65t in garage with basic modules unlocked:

and RNG Cheesus blessed me with two blueprints for Tier X:

I'd prefer written words rather than videos, not only "style" of many video materials is inadequate to providing information but they tend to be obsolete after few months as "meta" keeps devolving.

Please be aware that your memories of grandeur might differ from reality of world of wheels, keep in mind in what kind of hellscape I will be driving those copy cats ;]

Edited by PTwr, May 31 2019 - 21:39.

CynicalDutchie #2 Posted May 31 2019 - 21:45

Major

• Players
  • 42533 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

I'd use the lower caliber guns but it really comes down to personal preference. You should also prepare mentally for the AMX 65t. No matter what you do, that tank is one of the most horrible pieces of junk in existence.

Also, that's just the stock turret on the T9, it gets better.

F1O1 #3 Posted May 31 2019 - 22:09

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

1)

AMX65T  REALLY needs engine and tracks. l suggest free exp, or frontlines / Skirmishes. Do not pub with stock mobility. lt actually gets to be quite fast for a heavy tank when elite, faster than Caernarvon A X and Patriot. Since it has poor hull armour like 50100, it absolutely needs the mobility to compensate.

Some people like the stock turret for armour. l think it is a waste, 65T is a gun depression tank. And the top elite turret is a better gun depression turret, as the cupola triple in armour. The stock turret cupola can be pen by HE rounds. Not to mention, the stock turret traverses as fast as a clocks hour hand, and has tier 5  350m view range.

The guns don't need free EXP if you have done Bat Chat 25, or 50100 already. 100mm you should have free, and with it can grind 120mm easily. Even if stock 90mm, the DCA 45 is good enough with enough APCR rounds to keep you going, as the tank has high DPM with stock gun. And 212/259 pen is more than enough.

2)

mle51 is in good shape, because the stock gun can actually be your top gun. Engine you get from AMX65T. May want to free exp tracks though for turret and much better dispersion control, which crucially help. lt is a shame the 51 cupola are so weak, compared to things like ST-l or T62A or obj 260 cupola.....which are inhumanly strong.

l recommend the 120mm for 51. Unlock the 127mm for the crew exp though, 51 is a fun tank

3) 

mle54 is not as popular as 51. Although it does not change much, thats the reason for its unpopularity, as its basically a tier 9 in tier 10, mle51 is virtually the samething as it.  lt is important to note, that pitifully, 51/54 does not get the 325mm APCR rounds Fochs B and 50B get, which is embarrassing. 315 APCR though is still much better than 280 AP. Keep in mind, when playing the 49, 51, 54.....that the forward slanted shoulders, are incredibly weak when angled near side. Like how the Type 5 were, before the buffs. Not sure why they ahve not buffed them on these tanks yet, as they are glaringly bad.

illumiZoldyck #4 Posted Jun 01 2019 - 05:34

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5394 battles

free exp 65t, its one of the worst tier 8 heavies in game

tier 9 is Op, use the 120mm 

tier 10 use the 130mm

PTwr #5 Posted Jun 01 2019 - 16:26

Major

• Players
  • 44730 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

View PostCynicalDutchie, on May 31 2019 - 20:45, said:

I'd use the lower caliber guns but it really comes down to personal preference. You should also prepare mentally for the AMX 65t. No matter what you do, that tank is one of the most horrible pieces of junk in existence.

Also, that's just the stock turret on the T9, it gets better.

Sounds like fitting grind partner for TVP VTU....

View PostF1O1, on May 31 2019 - 21:09, said:

1)

AMX65T  REALLY needs engine and tracks. l suggest free exp, or frontlines / Skirmishes. Do not pub with stock mobility. lt actually gets to be quite fast for a heavy tank when elite, faster than Caernarvon A X and Patriot. Since it has poor hull armour like 50100, it absolutely needs the mobility to compensate.

Some people like the stock turret for armour. l think it is a waste, 65T is a gun depression tank. And the top elite turret is a better gun depression turret, as the cupola triple in armour. The stock turret cupola can be pen by HE rounds. Not to mention, the stock turret traverses as fast as a clocks hour hand, and has tier 5  350m view range.

The guns don't need free EXP if you have done Bat Chat 25, or 50100 already. 100mm you should have free, and with it can grind 120mm easily. Even if stock 90mm, the DCA 45 is good enough with enough APCR rounds to keep you going, as the tank has high DPM with stock gun. And 212/259 pen is more than enough.

2)

mle51 is in good shape, because the stock gun can actually be your top gun. Engine you get from AMX65T. May want to free exp tracks though for turret and much better dispersion control, which crucially help. lt is a shame the 51 cupola are so weak, compared to things like ST-l or T62A or obj 260 cupola.....which are inhumanly strong.

l recommend the 120mm for 51. Unlock the 127mm for the crew exp though, 51 is a fun tank

3) 

mle54 is not as popular as 51. Although it does not change much, thats the reason for its unpopularity, as its basically a tier 9 in tier 10, mle51 is virtually the samething as it.  lt is important to note, that pitifully, 51/54 does not get the 325mm APCR rounds Fochs B and 50B get, which is embarrassing. 315 APCR though is still much better than 280 AP. Keep in mind, when playing the 49, 51, 54.....that the forward slanted shoulders, are incredibly weak when angled near side. Like how the Type 5 were, before the buffs. Not sure why they ahve not buffed them on these tanks yet, as they are glaringly bad.

1. I think I'll rush for engine indeed, thats a lot of horses.

2. 120mm, Roger that.

3. I'll probably just park it in my garage and let it gather dust. Maaaybe I'll upgrade it during xp-fever, maybe.

View PostillumiZoldyck, on Jun 01 2019 - 04:34, said:

free exp 65t, its one of the worst tier 8 heavies in game

tier 9 is Op, use the 120mm 

tier 10 use the 130mm

Seems like 65t gets no love whatsoever :]

Thanks for hints, off to battle I roll!

Edit: done first battle. It sucks indeed.

Edited by PTwr, Jun 01 2019 - 16:33.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users