supertest common test sandbox sandbox test premium ammo gold rounds

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

dexatrin82 #21 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 21:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22435 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA
Strange I know I have sandbox access, but dont see it in WGC.....

Wolffe_Commander #22 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 21:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3930 battles
  • [H_F] H_F

If this really goes through, please dont change the requirements of the campaign missions. They are almost impossible to do already, especially the second 2. As for the players that worry so much about their stats, so what? See this as another challenge to prove your so called "skills" in this GAME. If you are that good you believe to be, then achieving the same or better stats shouldnt be a problem. There are rumors of a wipe of the damage stats anyways. 

Nerfing Premium shell damage

limiting amount of Premium shells being carried to battle

That would also be great if those two, AND this universal buff to regular shell damage and hp were implemented. It should decrease the gold spam.

And WG, I ill always call them GOLD and PREMIUM shells, because thats what they are. Trying to make players change their name. SMH good luck with that

stalag99 #23 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 21:56

Private

• Players
  • 6353 battles

View Postmonster0301_3, on Jun 04 2019 - 19:49, said:

From what I see this update isn't going to help at all; in fact I believe this update is going to make premium spamming problem even worse, especially for those people playing soviet tanks with 320 dmg/shell, or tanks with  105mm with 390 dmg/shell because this update means they need to load more premium rounds to be able to take out a very heavily armoured vehicle (i.e. Type 5 heavy, Maus). This, instead of discouraging premium spam, will encourage more gold spamming since your dmg/round is lower meaning you need to fire more premium rounds which means loading more premium ammo. I don't think this update is going to help much; in fact it might make things even worse but this is just my opinion.

Wouldn't players using premium rounds now benefit more considering they'll have higher DPM and have better trades, as long as their shells go in? I would say if anything it makes standard rounds more appealing and premium rounds more situational. If two players are battling, one with premium rounds and the other with standard, as long as the player using standard rounds aims well they're going to win. And considering that super heavy tanks, IE, the ones that really need premium rounds to get through, are going to get the least amount of HP, premium rounds aren't really nerfed all that much, per se. Idk, that's just my take. I prefer not to use premium rounds unless in emergencies or... you know, fighting off against some super heavy

Rommelman1 #24 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 22:06

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22602 battles
  • [VDLS] VDLS

Block Quote

1. Currently, a significant portion of players choose ammo type solely on its armor penetration. For them, this single parameter is what makes the difference between a basic and a special round. Other stats — such as normalization, penetration of environmental objects, auto-bounce angle, and velocity — are often ignored.

No , thats NOT why players choose APCR , or HEAT , they choose them because they get stuck in matches with a 2 tier spread and can't pen the top tier tanks , even WITH special ammo some times !!!!

God you people are FREAKIN' CLUELESS !!!!

Edited by Rommelman1, Jun 04 2019 - 22:09.

Bryukov #25 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 22:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 51228 battles
  • [GYB] GYB

As others have said:

JUST REDUCE THE DMG ON PREMIUM ROUNDS APPROPRIATELY.

It is insane to change everything else "around" premium round damage to get the same relative effect.

Did they really NOT see and understand this????

silly_old_bear #26 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 22:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7291 battles
  • [GRNNY] GRNNY

View PostRommelman1, on Jun 04 2019 - 15:06, said:

No , thats NOT why players choose APCR , or HEAT , they choose them because they get stuck in matches with a 2 tier spread and can't pen the top tier tanks , even WITH special ammo some times !!!!

God you people are FREAKIN' CLUELESS !!!!

^^^^THIS^^^^

hacksaw2725 #27 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 22:22

Private

• Players
  • 10477 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostDomoSapien, on Jun 04 2019 - 12:06, said:

We're looking into it, you should have received an email with instructions and a download link but I know you aren't alone in that regard so we're trying to figure out how best to help you guys out.

So, i got accepted back in 2017, I have an email with the download but, i updated it and its pre 1.0. I did try to go to the website with the apply button it just tells me to go in and download it and i have no download available. I understand there are problems but this problem goes back before the WGC was even out.  

GroundDelta #28 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 22:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 14019 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

This is probably the most drastic, and or ludicrous change Wargaming could attempt to implement. You tried to nerf the damage of "special or premium" rounds to try and "balance them", to which the community said, "No we dont want this do it a different way". It's a convoluted attempt to do exactly the same thing as before except you are changing the standard rounds which will seriously unbalance any tier below one another. Not to mention it will seriously screw up how stats have been recorded for the past 10 years (DPG, WN8, ect) all for what to get the same result as either nerfing premium ammo damage or better yet limiting the amount of premium ammo a tank can possess on any given battle.

One of the most terrible ideas you could ever think of. Do better.

iDestroya #29 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 22:36

Captain

• Players
  • 54350 battles
  • [LMAO] LMAO

WOT on twitch said you have to put in this line to get the Sandbox installed from game center: 

WOT.SB.PRODUCTION@https://wgus-wotru.wargaming.net

SpectreHD #30 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 22:37

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16844 battles
  • [TT] TT

Reduce penetration to 20-40mm of penetration with that number going lower at Tier IX and X like 10-20. Then damage would only be reduced slightly.

Then we can nerf and reverse the overarmouring.

There. Simple. Why need to mess with tank HP apart from a general increase at tiers 1-5 and maybe 6!?

PoppyBear #31 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 22:48

Private

• Players
  • 40158 battles
  • [941ST] 941ST
Lowering the penetration or damage capictyof special ammo is not the way to go! I would rather you limit the amount of special ammo, such as 20% (50rds in a tank's capcity means you can only carry 10rds of special or premium ammo), of a tanks normal compliment. This will force many players to choose the correct ammo for the right situation & prevent unfair advantage to many who just use or over stock on special ammo.

Grampy #32 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 22:50

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 24783 battles
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO
Unable to access the Sandbox.

Flying_Nacho #33 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 23:00

Private

• -Players-
  • 2962 battles

Am I reading this correctly? You're buffing damage and health? Why both at the same time, doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Like hey, let's buff health by 26% to assist learning players who are getting one shotted on a frequent basis. Then the guy next to him goes "GOOD IDEA! Let's buff damage too so it's completely pointless!"

Cause that's honestly the vibe i'm getting from this...

RasT110e5 #34 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 23:04

Private

• -Players-
  • 27729 battles

View PostRoyalGreenPC, on Jun 04 2019 - 20:08, said:

It is worse than straight up premium rounds nerf.

It does pretty much the same thing but messes up all the number values we're already used to for no apparent reason while at it. Also, it'll heavily punish players with a high amount of battles if they care about their stats and stuff since all new dpg will be higher.

Please do NOT implement.

Completely right, Please don't implement these changes. I don't even see the point on "nerfing" gold ammo.

if WG creates a disparity between dmgs on all tanks it adds more RNG into the game. you'll have to think on all battles, "what kind of ammo is my enemy loading?", "how much pen does has that type of shell?" and as the dmg is much higher now the min dmg and max dmg have a lot more room in between which adds more rng.

If you want to accommodate the cry babies you'll lose the players who have really put a lot of time into the game.

Waild #35 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 23:04

Private

• -Players-
  • 12063 battles
  • [-5G-] -5G-

and if i have useless pen with normal rounds? for example t28 htmc, when i get them i played a lot without shot any apcr, i cant pen a lot of heavys face to face. B1 same history, 66 pen to fight a tier 5 o 6 heavys, 20 pens with apcr means 1000 dmg, 2 tier 5 or 6 mediums have more than this. I can only example the thanks i have, but a lot of tanks will be useless with only 10 or 20% gold; and i'm a f2p player how dont like to shot gold.

RasT110e5 #36 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 23:07

Private

• -Players-
  • 27729 battles

View PostPoppyBear, on Jun 04 2019 - 22:48, said:

Lowering the penetration or damage capictyof special ammo is not the way to go! I would rather you limit the amount of special ammo, such as 20% (50rds in a tank's capcity means you can only carry 10rds of special or premium ammo), of a tanks normal compliment. This will force many players to choose the correct ammo for the right situation & prevent unfair advantage to many who just use or over stock on special ammo.

I'm not completely in favor of this approach because there are tanks which only work with a lot of premium ammo, but if WG needs to make a change for some reason this is the way to go, knowing there will be a couple of tanks and players affected negatively by this.

AlienfromUranus #37 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 23:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48519 battles
  • [-DRB-] -DRB-
So when are you going to fix the sandbox so we can play it? I prefer not to use that piece of junk Game Center but i have installed it and there is no Sandbox available and I have been invited since the first one

foughtwolf #38 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 23:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9969 battles
  • [HCO] HCO
Wahoo for players with 37MM guns doing 30ish damage against tanks, because they cant pen with regular ammo, into a bigger HP pool, when that can still one-shot them. As a primary light driver, incoming premium spam stopped peeving me a long time ago. It was gunna pen no matter what they shoot, and sometimes tracks will eat a HEAT round. This is just gunna make the jobs harder for LT's and vehicles that dont have big guns and thick armor, as theres barely a map left where engagements from any direction other than head on are possible anymore. 

CynicalDutchie #39 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 23:46

Major

• Players
  • 43009 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View PostSpectreHD, on Jun 04 2019 - 22:37, said:

Reduce penetration to 20-40mm of penetration with that number going lower at Tier IX and X like 10-20. Then damage would only be reduced slightly.

Then we can nerf and reverse the overarmouring.

There. Simple. Why need to mess with tank HP apart from a general increase at tiers 1-5 and maybe 6!?

We need that HP increase at all tiers, or a general alpha nerf of the biggest offenders. High tiers, T10 especially, is  giant mess due to alpha creep.

ThatTrafficCone #40 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 23:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42324 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
Left my thoughts over on the Sandbox forum. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users