supertest common test sandbox sandbox test premium ammo gold rounds

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Rommelman1 #41 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 23:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22602 battles
  • [VDLS] VDLS

if you insist on placating the "unicorn" cry babies , you are going to alienate your player base and they will all leave and play something else , 

If you Nerf Gold rounds , make them do 30% less damage , make them cost 30% less , people who use them , use them to pen the tanks they shouldn't ever have to face to start with. !

make every match a single tier , problem solved , quit monkeying around with the game , ifs screwed up enough already FFS !

I will load "speical" rounds as soon as I see that I have tier 6 tank with garbage pen and the top tiers in the match are 8s with serious armor and cut through me like butter , most of us don't run around thinking , OH im facing a tier 6 also , I can swap out rounds ( some tanks , you're dead before you reload )  

does anyone seriously swap out rounds during the battle for every tank they face ???   NO !!!! unless there are a few arty left , i will switch and go get the arty , but with 15 tanks running around and 5 of them I cant pen ?  NOPE  "special rounds" it is and if I come up to the same tier , too Effin bad !

Rommelman1 #42 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 23:57

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22602 battles
  • [VDLS] VDLS

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Jun 04 2019 - 23:46, said:

We need that HP increase at all tiers, or a general alpha nerf of the biggest offenders. High tiers, T10 especially, is  giant mess due to alpha creep.

keep tier 10s out of tier 8 games , period , that fixes it

iDestroya #43 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 23:58

Captain

• Players
  • 54350 battles
  • [LMAO] LMAO

View PostAlienfromUranus, on Jun 04 2019 - 17:08, said:

So when are you going to fix the sandbox so we can play it? I prefer not to use that piece of junk Game Center but i have installed it and there is no Sandbox available and I have been invited since the first one

View PostiDestroya, on Jun 04 2019 - 16:36, said:

WOT on twitch said you have to put in this line to get the Sandbox installed from game center: 

WOT.SB.PRODUCTION@https://wgus-wotru.wargaming.net

Dude, see my quote. copy this whole line: 

CynicalDutchie #44 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 23:59

Major

• Players
  • 43009 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View PostRommelman1, on Jun 04 2019 - 23:57, said:

keep tier 10s out of tier 8 games , period , that fixes it

How would that fix T10 games?

BabA_YA6A #45 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 00:07

Captain

• Players
  • 26352 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

Finally after many people I know left the game because of the constant premium round spam.

Took wargaming just a few years to get around to it!

Sgt_Fuzzy_Bootz #46 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 00:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 42717 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

View PostMightyBarbarian, on Jun 05 2019 - 08:49, said:

i second that. Why mess with all the tanks HP and alpha damage? when all WG could do for example is limit the number of special round we can carry. Simple and effective, no re balancing whatsoever. For the players it means choosing wisely when to shoot premium rounds. Simple enough.

I agree ... but WG will stupidly change the ENTIRE game for no change in gold use at all. Not only will this not achieve the goal it WILL MEAN MOST OF THE INFORMATION WE'VE LEARNT ABOUT THE GAME WILL BE NULL AND VOID.

DO YOU REALLY THINK IT WILL MAKE US HAPPY AS CUSTOMERS IF WE HAVE TO RELEARN SIGNIFICANT PORTIONS OF THE GAME .... GREAT WORK YOU IDIOTS.

WARGAMING LIMIT THE PREMIUM AMMO TO 33% PER TANK - SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE WITH MINIMAL DISRUPTIONS

MountainLion1 #47 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 00:17

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24792 battles
I personally like the idea of premium rounds doing less damage than regular rounds, if Wargaming is wanting to reduce the amount of premium shells being used this should work. It takes skill to hit weak spots on a tank, so this is good that skill is being rewarded by using regular rounds that do higher damage. For the players that don’t know weak spots and decide to spam premium rounds they will lose the damage trade with the players that take advantage of there knowledge and use regular rounds. I am personally looking forward to this change and give Wargaming a +1 for this change. See y’all on the battlefield.

Edited by MountainLion1, Jun 05 2019 - 00:29.

Saint_Metagross #48 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 00:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26652 battles
  • [0CLAN] 0CLAN

View PostiDestroya, on Jun 04 2019 - 14:58, said:

Dude, see my quote. copy this whole line: 

You explained nothing.  Copy it to WHERE exactly?

Edit:  Figured it out.

Ok, guys, due to this guy not explaining anything, I will.  Open up the Game Center.  Click on the "All Games" tab.  In the upper right corner you should see "Install Game by ID".  Click on that and paste the entire thing he is telling you to copy into the field provided by the pop up.

Edited by Saint_Metagross, Jun 05 2019 - 00:22.

jackSD_hero #49 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 00:43

Private

• -Players-
  • 12987 battles
If you boost the HP based on the armor protection. I assume Leo 1 will be boosted to at least 8000 HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scottie_ #50 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 00:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20808 battles
  • [VENUM] VENUM

Everyone wants WG to reduce dmg on premium rds, so what do they do?  Increase the HPs and dmg of standard rds.  I hope WG has a long term vision or strategy that the community just doesn't see yet, because from what i can tell, WG took something simple as nerfing premium round dmg and made it way more complicated. 

I think it's a step in the right direction though, gold spammers will not be able to trade with another tank that can make their own shots.  It should also help balancing trades between HTs and MTs, trades become more of a losing battle between a lower and higher caliber gun.  For example, if i'm in my medium tank, I'm not going to be in a hurry to trade with a HT that i have to shoot gold at when i know his standard round can really hurt me. 

_TeMPezT_ #51 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 00:54

Captain

• Players
  • 85468 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
You got all this Premium unicum shooked. 

RagnarokBazil #52 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 00:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25145 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View Postsid_vici0us, on Jun 04 2019 - 11:40, said:

I have a question. Did they forget to give us free xp? Or do they actually want everyone to grind from tier one?

You gotta Test the tanks.. Your not Skipping to tier 10 now grind that tech tree!

stalag99 #53 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 01:13

Private

• Players
  • 6353 battles

View PostWaild, on Jun 04 2019 - 22:04, said:

and if i have useless pen with normal rounds? for example t28 htmc, when i get them i played a lot without shot any apcr, i cant pen a lot of heavys face to face. B1 same history, 66 pen to fight a tier 5 o 6 heavys, 20 pens with apcr means 1000 dmg, 2 tier 5 or 6 mediums have more than this. I can only example the thanks i have, but a lot of tanks will be useless with only 10 or 20% gold; and i'm a f2p player how dont like to shot gold.

So what's the problem? You're... literally just getting a buff. Your shots now do more damage if you don't shoot gold. They're not nerfing pen values to standard rounds, they're just increasing the damage. And premium rounds are just staying the same. also pretty sure the B1 has preferential matchmaking so mentioning tier 6 tanks is kinda irrelevant. 

y_KnT #54 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 01:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 72190 battles
  • [MCHNR] MCHNR

"In terms of economy, we are keeping the shell prices and the repair costs the same for the duration of the Sandbox test. After we process the results, we shall address this very important aspect of the game too. It is very likely that it will also require adjustments and improvements."

this is insane, the whole point is that folks want this game to be less pay to win.  make premium rounds comparable to standard with minor differences and the problem is solved.  otherwise, this is a gigantic waste of time. 

Happy_Hippie #55 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 01:28

Private

• -Players-
  • 13023 battles
  • [GNZX2] GNZX2

This sounds really NOT good, will make game play comeplety different and affect the ways tanks are played

NOT GOOD

Bavor #56 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 01:32

Major

• Players
  • 33935 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostRommelman1, on Jun 04 2019 - 17:55, said:

if you insist on placating the "unicorn" cry babies , you are going to alienate your player base and they will all leave and play something else , 

The players I see whining the most about gold rounds/special ammo are the below average players.  They spam the most of them in my experience and complain the most when other players use them.

RC_1140 #57 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 01:41

Major

• Players
  • 63665 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
Are we still unable to download the sandbox server?

nrnstraswa #58 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 01:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16258 battles
  • [AJ] AJ

View Postthunder59, on Jun 04 2019 - 14:23, said:

Not participating in this but, as a veteran player I can tell you that this is just way too complicated for the average player and is possibly one of the reasons that so many veteran players have left the game. I have taken multiple breaks over the past year or so myself and every time I come back I just see new reasons to stop playing. Making the game more complicated is just one of those reasons. I have no interest in learning yet more new game mechanics. You are driving players away by listening so much to the whiners.

There is a really simple solution to this perceived problem, stop making "super tanks"! Matching tanks against ones they can't damage is just stupid, so I suppose I am talking about matchmaking as much as anything. This is a game, and people want to play a game they can have fun in as well as be competitive.

"Power creep" is the real problem in this game not ammunition choices. Yes, the free to play players will all cry about "gold rounds" and call people no skill because of it. So what? If you aren't skilled enough to manage your rounds and battle costs then too bad for you. You'll always have issues making credits. 

A bit of a rambling rant but hey I don't want to waste any more time here as WG won't listen anyway since I am telling them that their agenda is stupid!

Agreed 100%. POWERCREEP is a major problem and WG is taking way too long to address it. So many tanks of all nations and tiers are under-performing and haven't been adjusted stat-wise in years. (T-34-2 is a prime example)

monthygreg #59 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 01:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10428 battles
  • [83IQ] 83IQ

View PostRC_1140, on Jun 04 2019 - 16:41, said:

Are we still unable to download the sandbox server?

To download the test server you have to go to your WGC and click on all games, then "install game by ID" and copy paste the following there: WOT.SB.PRODUCTION@https://wgus-wotru.wargaming.net

McPig #60 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 02:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 39073 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-

View Postthunder59, on Jun 04 2019 - 15:23, said:

Not participating in this but, as a veteran player I can tell you that this is just way too complicated for the average player and is possibly one of the reasons that so many veteran players have left the game. I have taken multiple breaks over the past year or so myself and every time I come back I just see new reasons to stop playing. Making the game more complicated is just one of those reasons. I have no interest in learning yet more new game mechanics. You are driving players away by listening so much to the whiners.

There is a really simple solution to this perceived problem, stop making "super tanks"! Matching tanks against ones they can't damage is just stupid, so I suppose I am talking about matchmaking as much as anything. This is a game, and people want to play a game they can have fun in as well as be competitive.

"Power creep" is the real problem in this game not ammunition choices. Yes, the free to play players will all cry about "gold rounds" and call people no skill because of it. So what? If you aren't skilled enough to manage your rounds and battle costs then too bad for you. You'll always have issues making credits. 

A bit of a rambling rant but hey I don't want to waste any more time here as WG won't listen anyway since I am telling them that their agenda is stupid!

I agree with much of what you said. I used to only load premium as first up in every engagement, switch to standard to continue.  As more and more OP tanks have appeared I find myself using more and more premium rounds and using them continuously just to have a chance to damage the other tank.  Especially when MM puts me in battles in a WW-2 tank against some never-was OP tank, or a 1950's plus tank with a BIG gun and an autoloader.  WOT needs to range tiers by deployment era dates to keep tank capabilities roughly equal to other tanks of the same period and tech.  I don't see many of the problems some see in the ammo types.   I DO see problems in the MM, and in the plethora of tanks against which I have almost no chance unless the God of RNG smiles upon me.  I too have taken breaks, and am rapidly losing interest. I have even dropped clan membership as my interest wanes. I will probably discontinue my Premium account as well after over 7 years.  The game is rapidly approaching the "NO FUN" point;.

So WOT:  MAPS, revise TIERS, limit/stop/drop the OP TANKS & Never were tanks (I include dumping the wheelies:  fire whoever thought of that one), fix MM, stop the ILLEGAL MODS (in fact all player mods should go.) 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users