Jump to content


KV-3 vs Object 252U

kv-3 obj 252u

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

AstrologicalPhenomena98 #1 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 21:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 4298 battles
  • 8,642
  • [16ADX] 16ADX
  • Member since:
    09-24-2012
It is really frustrating. I am using the 122mm D-2-5T and it has no frontal weakspots like a MG port or hatch. I use wot.gg, and the only areas it does have would be the turret ring which is very difficult to hit, or if he angles too far, the pike or right above the tracks. There is also the cupola which is impossible to hit with the guns accuracy my shots tend to go over or bounce off the roof. Any tips :(

YANKEE137 #2 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 21:23

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 14003 battles
  • 6,649
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015
Buy a Defender.

F1O1 #3 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 21:23

    Captain

  • Players
  • 60 battles
  • 1,583
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS
  • Member since:
    01-11-2012

Use premium ammunition.  Aim for lower hull. Hope you penetrate.

You pretty much have 50/50 with 217 APCR

 



AstrologicalPhenomena98 #4 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 21:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 4298 battles
  • 8,642
  • [16ADX] 16ADX
  • Member since:
    09-24-2012

View PostF1O1, on Jun 04 2019 - 15:23, said:

Use premium ammunition.  Aim for lower hull. Hope you penetrate.

You pretty much have 50/50 with 217 APCR

 

 

I did that. In game its red. wot.gg indicates I can't pentrate it at all :/

 



Platedmeat #5 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 21:39

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 48086 battles
  • 440
  • Member since:
    03-10-2013
Welcome to the World of Power Creep Tanks. Don't worry it's a ruski tank they will buff it sooner of later, can't have tank of glorious Soviet Union under performing.

Maltfourti #6 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 22:26

    Captain

  • Players
  • 45672 battles
  • 1,744
  • [-M1-] -M1-
  • Member since:
    11-05-2012

Let me share with you the same "advice" everyone is giving me when I complain about my Type 5 no longer being able to damage other heavies in a head-to-head matchup:

1. Use your agility to flank them!

2. Learn to aim you HE/Gold noob.

 

Good luck with that!



PotatoLegend99 #7 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 23:09

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 35389 battles
  • 713
  • Member since:
    05-11-2014

There are 2 options when you're playing a slow heavy and come across a frontally well armored tank and retreat/flanking isn't possible. 1) Track them 2) Fire HE rounds

 

In most scenarios it's better to load HE rounds and aim for the cupola or directly below the turret. Well placed hits will do 100-200HP of damage. Most heavies have high alpha HE rounds and while you could just shoot the tracks, the KV-3 reloads too long to keep a tank perma tracked.



CynicalDutchie #8 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 23:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 43172 battles
  • 4,400
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011
Use the 107, the 122mm is trash at T7 and up.

F1O1 #9 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 23:33

    Captain

  • Players
  • 60 battles
  • 1,583
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS
  • Member since:
    01-11-2012

View PostAstrologicalPhenomena98, on Jun 04 2019 - 20:26, said:

 

I did that. In game its red. wot.gg indicates I can't penetrate it at all

 

 

At 100m, it is just tiny chance lower than 50% 

Closer he gets, you add angle onto angle, shooting downward. So angle increases closer he gets. At 30m, you will definitely bounce.

Then you are screwed. HE will be probably 50-100 damage. Your best bet, AP and aim for tracks.

 

lf you wants, you could aim HE rounds for more damage.

You can hit the roof, where it is only 55mm armour. But with KV3 D25 122mm, good luck hitting

Shooting the inner tracks under the tank, to splash up through the floor of the tank - where armour is thin also works

As shown in following pic.  However, realistically, will only increase you damage maybe double, 150-200 HE splash

 

Posted Image

 

l have done it many times with lS6.  Same 530 damage HE burst. Auto aiming and shooting at defender, you get 50-100. Sometimes you get 150, sometimes you even get  0.  But if you aim it and hit the roof,  or  hit the track belts inner sides underneath the tank floor, you will score more. Soemtimes over 200 damage

 

 

 

 



F1O1 #10 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 23:35

    Captain

  • Players
  • 60 battles
  • 1,583
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS
  • Member since:
    01-11-2012

View PostMaltfourti, on Jun 04 2019 - 21:26, said:

Let me share with you the same "advice" everyone is giving me when I complain about my Type 5 no longer being able to damage other heavies in a head-to-head matchup:

1. Use your agility to flank them!

2. Learn to aim you HE/Gold noob.

 

Good luck with that!

 

How about this advice. Stop being new to the game, stop using a crutch no skill HE to just splash people, and use the 140mm for consistency with penetrations

 



Firemoth #11 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 15:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 38089 battles
  • 4,393
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011

View PostAstrologicalPhenomena98, on Jun 05 2019 - 06:21, said:

It is really frustrating. I am using the 122mm D-2-5T and it has no frontal weakspots like a MG port or hatch. I use wot.gg, and the only areas it does have would be the turret ring which is very difficult to hit, or if he angles too far, the pike or right above the tracks. There is also the cupola which is impossible to hit with the guns accuracy my shots tend to go over or bounce off the roof. Any tips :(

 

defender has two cupolas on the roof that are 150mm if you hit them straight on.

The_Pushok #12 Posted Jun 13 2019 - 06:47

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 16396 battles
  • 1,258
  • [H-UNT] H-UNT
  • Member since:
    08-23-2015
Tip is to wait for help and try flanking. You may get lucky and have a horrible player, but if the dude is even average, he is going to tear you apart one on one. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users