strange behavior

round the corner gun... guns

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

El_Gringo_de_Colombia #1 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 22:29

Private

• -Players-
  • 911 battles
I swear there are times when I get taken out when I am around a  corner or behind a rock.   Where can I get one of those guns for my tank?

_Tsavo_ #2 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 22:33

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46824 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

Latency, low frame rates, and general lack of situational awareness are the usual suspects for these types of happenings.   Do you have replays enabled?   If not, was this the last match you played?   It's saved by default.   Upload that replay to wotreplays.eu and link it here.   

Seeing the low battle count makes me believe you're new, and the games mechanics aren't easily explained and map knowledge is also something that takes time.   

If you got it, let us know, there's probably something missed that can be pointed out and used in future matches/scenarios to your benefit. 

_Smang_ #3 Posted Jun 04 2019 - 22:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39063 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
Watching your own replays really does help. For a few thousand games I thought guys where shooting me through rocks. From watching my own replays I realized my line of sight from my barrel means quite a bit of my turret was usually sticking up. At least enable your last replay setting so you can check " how the hell, where..." for yourself.

Edited by _Smang_ElanAmbivalent, Jun 04 2019 - 22:42.

Pipinghot #4 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 00:06

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostEl_Gringo_de_Colombia, on Jun 04 2019 - 16:29, said:

I swear there are times when I get taken out when I am around a  corner or behind a rock.   Where can I get one of those guns for my tank?

If you have actual questions people on the forums are happy to help you understand what really happened. Just upload your battle to one of the upload sights, post a link here on the forum and tell people what timestamp to look at. There will always be a couple of people willing to help you understand what happened.

Ikanator #5 Posted Jun 08 2019 - 09:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11010 battles
Also be aware that properly set up light tanks and tds can have excellent view ranges and camo. They can potentially spot you from much farther away than you can see them. Thus they could hit you on your "open" side while you are taking cover behind an obstacle and unless you are paying attention to the markers that show you where you're being hit from you could think you were getting shot through the cover.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users