• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Jambijon #1 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 15:09

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3678 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Attention Tankers!

With update 1.5.1 we're adding more details about your performance in battle with session stats!

Session Statistics will be available right in your Garage, appearing to the left of the Notification Center button.

Spoiler

Your daily statistics will be recorded for all Random Battles, excluding Grand Battles, for each game session or each game day.

• The game session is the time interval from launching the game client until the player manually resets the statistics.
  • The game day is the time period from the reset of the daily activities until the next reset.

Spoiler

In addition, you can get the most detailed battle statistics for the current game session, including:

• Average blocked damage
  • Average damage dealt/taken coefficient
  • Average XP gained

Your statistics will be automatically reset once a day. You can also reset them yourself in the game client at any time if you wish.

The Hall of Fame and the WTR Rating:

Session Statistics also give you direct access to the Hall of Fame, so you can view even more detailed statistics, down to a specific game day or period of time. In addition, Session Statistics allows you to instantly find out your current World of Tanks Rating (WTR).

Spoiler

For the full list of additions and detailed information about the session statistics, check out the link provided below:

Your Game Stats at Your Fingertips!

GLHF!

RumourHasIt #2 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 15:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 24463 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY
Thank you for the update, I think this is a nice added feature.

Altwar #3 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 15:20

Major

• Players
  • 58289 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-
Long overdue and they look great, initially.  In the example looks like 10 battles were played and there were 6 victories, so why not have the WR% (60%% for those scoring at home)?   Granted, I am sure it is basic math that can be done by most of our community but why do it at all?    What if someone has a 31 battle session and won 17?  A little less easy to figure?  Anyway, my initial 2 cents.

Mojo_Riesing #4 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 15:28

Captain

• Players
  • 19941 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

This should be interesting. While knowing that nothing is exactly right in it's first iteration i've been impressed by how WG has been trying to bring the peripheral adjuncts to gameplay together.  The WG Gaming center, Players account panel and how in-game purchasing is handled all i think improve the utilities around the game. 

I've long wondered why WG has not done more with the statistical data of the game which it basically dumps out for anyone to use as they see fit.  I see this as a potential enhancement of value to the brand and quite possibly an answer to some of the "issues" of the game such as XVM and "stat envy/shaming". 

Now if WG could move to enhance the in game "HUD" display we all see with colors and updated graphics i think i'd be less inclined to use mods. Hopefully this is a project WG has planned as well.

YANKEE137 #5 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 15:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 13886 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
What if I don't want to see my stats? :trollface:

_Tsavo_ #6 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 15:39

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45825 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

While this is good to see, there are some noticeable omissions that are present in the modded sessions stats, mainly the absence of win rate.  It does mention wins, but not give an at-a-glance look at wins/games.  Considering that's a driver for a lot of those guys who use sessions stats I'd say that's a big omission. 

I get it, though, this needs to appeal to as many as possible and there's also a large group who don't worry much about it or worry wayyy to much about it and would get bent if they say wins/games.

Starting from the top of the "session stats window" list:

- Credits and Combat EXP - Great to track during a session and very informative.  Only gross or net?

- Bonds and Free EXP - Great, I don't think is included in session stats and something that I would like to see

-Total credits and bonds- I was going to gripe that credits didn't show net, but this row is net so yay!

Battle performance:

- WTR rating - Good, I guess?  Outside of the Hall of Fame it isn't tracked by 3rd parties or players who strive for improvement.  It's not bad just not valued beyond the HoF

- Damage caused/received - Good information

- Vehicles Destroyed/was destroyed - Good but hell, just use KDR like any other game that tracks kills/deaths.  It's simpler and there's no reason to be more complicated than needed

- Victories - Kinda meaningless without knowing how many games were played, so Victories/Battles should be here (or be a setting to change for those sensitive to win rates)

- Average damage - Good!  

- Average Assistance - Good!

- Average blocked - Not really vital?  Might want to put average tier or something here instead or omit the row altogether.

- Average Experience - Good stuff!

It's pretty good as an addition, has some stuff I question and some stuff I find strange and some stuff that seems oddly omitted.  I approve of more "Quality of life" additions to the game, so huzzah and hooray!  7/10, some refinement and it goes to 9/10

EDIT:  Looking at the screenshot, it appears that the large "10" at the top of the box is the battle count for the session.  So wins/battles is tracked but no in the minutia area of the window.  At least it appears that way, based off of 10 sets of 2 games in various tanks and the "10" at the top of window would otherwise be out of place or random if not related to the "per-vehicle" breakdown.

EDIT II DIGITAL BOOGALOO:  I think it's good that any 3rd party metric isn't included in this, there's too much focus on 3rd party metrics as it is. 

Edited by _Tsavo_, Jun 05 2019 - 15:43.

dont_ping_me #7 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 15:42

Major

• Players
  • 83825 battles

This is nice, and I have an enhancement suggestion for you.

Please include the session RNG coefficient, ghost rounds fired, average tier placement per battle, and good/bad team composition. This will help us better determine if we did well because we played well, or because the game decided the outcome for us.

moogleslam #8 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 15:52

Major

• Players
  • 45737 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS
The one change I'd like to see is have the reset be manual, and not automatically done daily.

goldfinger_555 #9 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 16:43

Captain

• Players
  • 27509 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC
If this gets us one more step to removing 3rd party mods from the game, I'm all for it.

mrmojo #10 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 17:07

Major

• Players
  • 20408 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-

Make the win/loss rate clearer - it's almost as if you're trying to hide it.

Tom_Cruz_TC #11 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 17:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 28792 battles
Total bs. knowing that your algorithm ruins our winning ratios!!!! Not even worth playing, better hide these statistics!

_Tsavo_ #12 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 18:06

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45825 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View PostTom_Cruz_TC, on Jun 05 2019 - 11:59, said:

Total bs. knowing that your algorithm ruins our winning ratios!!!! Not even worth playing, better hide these statistics!

This isn't serious, is it?

BigDollarBillz #13 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 18:34

Major

• Players
  • 38772 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View Post_Tsavo_, on Jun 05 2019 - 12:06, said:

This isn't serious, is it?

No it shouldn't be serious. I had to look him up and yeah just a bad player that probably blames everyone for his w/r.

latvius #14 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 19:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33215 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
I like this WG, less mods that I have to load.  Personally I don't care what metric is used win8/ptr I just want to be able to track it.  

simna12 #15 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 19:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 3418 battles
I think it’s a pretty useful tool as long as it works. Yeah winrate per day would be a nice feature. Now if only we could create our own mission goals that pop up in game. Such as hey I want to get 500k credits this session, or 18k crew xp.

MG_Billy_Mitchell #16 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 21:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24796 battles
  • [RMNT] RMNT

View PostJambijon, on Jun 05 2019 - 08:09, said:

Attention Tankers!

With update 1.5.1 we're adding more details about your performance in battle with session stats!

Session Statistics will be available right in your Garage, appearing to the left of the Notification Center button.

I think this is a positive development.  One thing about the stats, though, really bugs me.

I think I understand the reasoning to have the win rate percentage only count actual victories, but that methodology is inaccurate.  A draw shouldn't be counted the same way as a loss.
The win rate calculation should be [ wins / (wins + losses) ].  Draws are no decision and shouldn't count in the calculation.
Yes, that effectively increases the win rate slightly, but then the value is more accurate.

MG_Billy_Mitchell #17 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 21:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24796 battles
  • [RMNT] RMNT

View PostTom_Cruz_TC, on Jun 05 2019 - 10:59, said:

Dude, it's clear from your stats that you're ruining your winning ratio quite well on your own, without any help from WG.

The solution is quite simple:  If you don't want to see them, then don't click into the window.

Mojo_Riesing #18 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 23:22

Captain

• Players
  • 19941 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

Just a further thought on this and maybe this has been mentioned and dissected before but...why should "win rate" matter at all?

Considering that these stats are based on Random matches (almost exclusively?) with players of widely different skill level and often vehicles of wide range, "wins" become themselves virtually random.  We've all read countless times about he frustrations of the more skilled about newer players in battles where a loss occurs.  Much of the raging can be traced back to a loss that a group of players just HAVE to blame the less proficient (and ironically not to such skilled players who could not carry the match).  Often there are players on both sides whose individual performance stands out.  Values can be still derived from damage given, spotting, damage assisted and for that particular tank.

Yes, winning IS important, but given how elusive that can be in a Random match why consider it at all?

xXx_Dead_Zombie_xXx #19 Posted Jun 06 2019 - 02:06

Major

• Players
  • 41399 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
you do realize you can already see your current session stats in game.. you just have to look at them..

Laser_Beam #20 Posted Jun 06 2019 - 11:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5147 battles
  • [4NZAB] 4NZAB

Great..... NOT!

Another tool and another reason for tankers to camp..... farm low tiers...... and the almighty I don't want to ruin my stats.

:ohmy:

This will really make the game more fun.... NOT!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users