Lynx 6x6

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Tig_Welder_1 #1 Posted Jun 09 2019 - 14:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5866 battles
  • [-REM-] -REM-

For the love of everything in WOT, I can not make this wheeled vehicle work. The EBR Hotch was a pretty decent little armored car, the EBR Panhard 75 is a decent Armored car. But man, this lynx just sucks. I am pretty sure Im not that good either and the combination makes me almost want to quit the line all together.

How do you all play it, I have watched a few videos and it seems like all the other armored cars, but I am missing something I guess. I have a good crew with BIA in it.

Anyways needed to vent on this thing, Thanks 

CynicalDutchie #2 Posted Jun 09 2019 - 14:54

Major

• Players
  • 43572 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC
I'm pretty sure my lynx is cursed.

Tig_Welder_1 #3 Posted Jun 09 2019 - 15:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5866 battles
  • [-REM-] -REM-

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Jun 09 2019 - 07:54, said:

I'm pretty sure my lynx is cursed.

Mine is as well I guess. 

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Jun 09 2019 - 15:23

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

Weird... I'm doing OK with mine, it was the tier 6 wheelie that was totally horrible for me.

RMxR #5 Posted Jun 09 2019 - 16:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 46500 battles

It's not the tank, it's the tier it is in and the vehicles it has to battle. The shape of the vehicle is also a flaw, unlike the smaller EBR at tier 7 and the smaller premium EBR at tier 8. Spotting with the lynx is harder because you have to get closer to enemy fire but you are easier to hit than, let's say, any french light armored vehicle of the same tier. 

Lynx is like the 121 of the french vehicles, why play it if there are better tanks that do the same?.  I love mine, even if i've been struggling to carry battles with it, there is no other way i can explain why it's harder to master than the previous tier EBR.

Tig_Welder_1 #6 Posted Jun 09 2019 - 16:48

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5866 battles
  • [-REM-] -REM-

View PostRMxR, on Jun 09 2019 - 09:23, said:

It's not the tank, it's the tier it is in and the vehicles it has to battle. The shape of the vehicle is also a flaw, unlike the smaller EBR at tier 7 and the smaller premium EBR at tier 8. Spotting with the lynx is harder because you have to get closer to enemy fire but you are easier to hit than, let's say, any french light armored vehicle of the same tier. 

Lynx is like the 121 of the french vehicles, why play it if there are better tanks that do the same?.  I love mine, even if i've been struggling to carry battles with it, there is no other way i can explain why it's harder to master than the previous tier EBR.

I agree, it seems "clumsy" to me for lack of better words. Yes, it can do the same thing as the other armored cars, the hull shape is a curse to it I think.

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jun 09 2019 - 08:23, said:

Weird... I'm doing OK with mine, it was the tier 6 wheelie that was totally horrible for me.

I guess i need to play mine with a bit more restraint till I get used to it. I did not like the tier 6 either, the tier 7 was a blast though. Now this Lynx is well, less than desirable in my book / garage.

QuicksilverJPR #7 Posted Jun 11 2019 - 15:18

Major

• Players
  • 27894 battles
  • [RPG] RPG
I've had issues with mine as well.  That, and rolling along at 80+kph and getting derped for full HP by arty is just a massively lovely time...

oldewolfe #8 Posted Jun 11 2019 - 15:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 23928 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

It's not a Bad Armored Car at all....     Yes, it's a Lousey Scout, but it makes for a Great TD when you set up around the Gun....       You can't Passive Spot in this thing, regardless of Optics, Binoc's, or Skills as the VR is WAY too Short....     This only leaves Active Spotting, Ambushing, TD Roles, and Deep Pentrations into Reds Back 40 to get their Artillery.... 

The Small Size and Quick Speed allows them to Peak Fast while the Fast Lock and Aim Time allow to pick Targets faster....      The Speed also allows for a Hastey Retreat after Firing before being Spotted....     There aren't alot of TD's Nimble enough to get away with that....         And the APCR has Good Travel Time to Target, I tend to Alternate between Guns for Ammo Variety.....

As for Aggreesive or Active Scouting, biggest thing here is Timing....     You have the Speed to Roll right into the Red Hordes and Shoot if need be, but a Quick In and Out works well too....     This tends to create quite a Stir amongst the Red Team between being Spotted and Shot by their own "Team".....

Ambushing us all a matter of Timing more than anything, this also includes the End Run at the Artillery.....        If you can Hold Out long enough and Wait for an Opening, you can usually Slip thru to either the Artillery or a Better Position to shoot them in the Backsides....         Thus also create quite a Stir being Shot from more than one Direction....

These things are Fast enough to cover the Map End to End....      Nimble enough to do all manner of Quick Maneuvers as long ss you remember to take your Finger off the W Key.....       I've had 3K Spotting Games without ever having a Connecting Shot just by Out Manuevering Red.....       I've got a High Spotting Count of 13, and I think my EBR has an Avg Spotted of 3.2 per Game, might be my EBR 90 don't Recall....    The Lynx I Play alot though, alot more than the Others....

https://youtu.be/GiQpVMZJ90s

https://youtu.be/7TTntBLMCz4

https://youtu.be/8g-eKBkNTUY

https://youtu.be/pLd3kEDw9Xg

https://youtu.be/aduezSgx7CE

https://youtu.be/5s7yQmmyrCM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users